Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: End of Adultwork & Vivastreet?  (Read 2435 times)

Offline wolves lad

Sorry if already covered on here!

Last week reading in the times there was an article suggesting MP’s are lobbying to close down adultwork and sex adverts on viva.

This is to follow USA and their stance with Craigslist.

If this happens it will make looking for a WG more interesting, perhaps more ladies will have to have their own independent websites??

In my opinion should this happen, it will make reviews on here even more important and I could see traffic on here increasing significantly.

Boring thread I know, but interesting times ahead.!

Offline mr.bluesky

If they close down adultwork and viva street they would probably try and close this site down as well so you won't be able to read any reviews  :scare:

brandonpete

Maybe as in it's name the old Phoenix Contact mag will come back!

Offline Samjos

+1

and oasis and delighlah etal

Offline mrhat

so where would these wgs advertise ?

splodger69

I doubt they can actually close-down AW as it is not UK-based. Might be able get ISPs to restrict access to AW but there are always proxy 'ways' to get around site blocking....   :cool:  UKP might be a different story though, not sure?  :scare:

BTW, should this thread be in general discussion section?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:02:47 am by splodger69 »

Westney

+1

and oasis and delighlah etal

If only! Some of my most memorable punts was through Pheonix magazine, used to buy it in a discreet newsagent on Hurst Street. All the women were English, working in their own homes or apartments. Bliss!

Offline booboosbanana

Telegram is an openware software program for mobile and computer.that could easily accomodate AW and being openware no govt could shut it down or read the message or see the pictures.  :hi:

Offline Tantric_mat

Wasn’t the Craigslist change a result of US legislation not UK?

The reality is prostitution will find a way.

Also where is AW hosted? I always had the impression it was offshore in the internet Wild West.

Offline SaladTosser

If they shutdown AW and Vivastreet where would Sergei create fake accounts to lure in all the newbies?
 :scare:

Westney

Wasn’t the Craigslist change a result of US legislation not UK?

The reality is prostitution will find a way.

Also where is AW hosted? I always had the impression it was offshore in the internet Wild West.

Panama, I believe.

Offline Bigsall

hopefully they dont close them

Roadster

There will still be lots of women offering sex for money and lots of men buying what they're offering.  It went on long before adultwork, it'll suvive the death of it.  What these puritanical metooers don't get is that they can't actually ban prostitution.  Whatever they do it'll just go around.

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

dark web adult work instead then!

Offline Hypee-T

Wouldn’t the German model, or the Aussie way be the way to go? They are set up to protect both WG and punters whilst showing everyone respect, I’d be interested to know the sexual assault rates in those countries compare to others with strict rules and laws

Offline markeewould

still have a few copies stored away somewhere - god it was good in its day - and was printed in West Brom knew someone who worked for the printers and very often they used to pick the odd select new add and copy the details down for friendly customers before it was actually was printed!

Maybe as in it's name the old Phoenix Contact mag will come back!

Offline markeewould

+ 1

If only! Some of my most memorable punts was through Pheonix magazine, used to buy it in a discreet newsagent on Hurst Street. All the women were English, working in their own homes or apartments. Bliss!

Offline Jimmyredcab

I doubt they can actually close-down AW as it is not UK-based.

What about if they stopped the banks from processing payments to Adultwork ----------- I am sure that is how America put the block on online gambling some years ago.    :unknown:

Dirklang

This looks like an England and Wales thing. Would be ingesting to see if scottish Govenment would fight it! As it’s a devolved matter