Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Julie Bindel at it again  (Read 1950 times)

Offline sparkus

She's posted this approvingly: External Link/Members Only

A few questions.

- since when has a PC Guardianista like JB approved of a rag like the Mail?
- since when has the Mail taken the word of Labour Members of the European Parliament seriously?

Might the increase in stats be as a result of WGs being more willing to come forward?  :dash: :dash:

Offline LanceVance

A few questions.

- since when has the Mail taken the word of Labour Members of the European Parliament seriously?

Might the increase in stats be as a result of WGs being more willing to come forward?  :dash: :dash:

Since it suited their anti-punting agenda to do so. The Daily Mail is no friend of punters, this unholy alliance with :manhater: like Bindel proves it.

Offline sparkus

Since it suited their anti-punting agenda to do so. The Daily Mail is no friend of punters, this unholy alliance with :manhater: like Bindel proves it.

Just happy to point out their never-ending hypocrisy.

Offline shagmore

If its the case that the rape and crime has increased this is down to poor management and organisation between all parties. Look at Amsterdam, they do not have this high crime rate (I don't think they do anyway)
The police and WGs will have to work together if this is going to be allowed

Offline David1970

The reason the number of complaints of rapes have gone up in the tolerance area may be because, the working girls have a better relationship with the cops and feel safer talking to them now.
The number of rapes may be the same or even lower its just they number being reported could be going up. If you think the cops are going to nick you for working in the red light district you are not going to talk to them.

As for the Daily Mail, it's a nasty, Nazi supporting rag, that readers are the scum of society IMO.

Offline Jimmyredcab

As for the Daily Mail, it's a nasty, Nazi supporting rag.

Oh Dear, here we go again.     :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:

Offline David1970

Planning to rewrite history Jimmy, or just ignorant of it. :unknown:

Offline sparkus

Reported rapes and actual rapes aren't always the same thing either.  Elsewhere in the same paper you can easily read 'Young lad has life trashed by false rape claim trial', so they're getting a bit ahead of themselves.  But as we all know, this issue isn't one which attracts much in the way of evidence-based debate.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Planning to rewrite history Jimmy, or just ignorant of it. :unknown:

I simply hate left wing pricks.

Not suggesting for one minute that applies to you.    :rolleyes:

Offline David1970

l

You are not planning to rewrite history, so you agree with my comments, good.

As for left wing pricks, I hate them , on that we can agree.

Offline sparkus

To be fair, Julie Bindel hates all pricks, end of story.

Offline Horizontal pleasures

JB have hates all punters also so I suggest that this thread should be in 'off-topic'.

Offline One Eyed Snake

The reason the number of complaints of rapes have gone up in the tolerance area may be because, the working girls have a better relationship with the cops and feel safer talking to them now.
The number of rapes may be the same or even lower its just they number being reported could be going up. If you think the cops are going to nick you for working in the red light district you are not going to talk to them.

As for the Daily Mail, it's a nasty, Nazi supporting rag, that readers are the scum of society IMO.
   I read the mail and I ain't scum so fuck off arse hole.

Offline Marmalade

She’s the printed paper equivalent of clickbait. (Like posh only-used-once loo paper).

She writes biased, poorly justified headlines that not only sell papers but are unfortunately tied up with so much academic-sounding multi-level quantum bollocks that it takes an average deep-sea shit-sweeper all day just to recognise them as bilge.

Offline Marmalade

But where is your Bindel link, sparkus? The one you gave is written by some rent-a-gob called Chris Brooke.

Offline Marmalade

Useful anti-Bindel article:
”...refusing to give Bindel a platform is not censorship. It is the right reaction to her hateful views”
(Which was in the Guardian — a broadsheet big enough, even though left wing — to publish both ‘sides’. External Link/Members Only

Unfortunately rebuttal of Bindel’s crass arguments against prostitution dearly need to be given more coverage until she is thoroughly discredited and no longer in demand as clickbait.

This article lists some of the people who have opposed Bindel and her gutter-academic bias
External Link/Members Only including (the award-winning) Liv Jesson, (acclaimed psychologist) Belinda Brooks-Gordon, (author, sociologist and criminologist) Teela Sanders, Professor Julia O’Connell Davidson, and (author and support worker) Hilary Kinnel.

When newspapers decide to publish Bindel’s ‘views’ on sex workers, they should perhaps recall how she was linked to the thoroughly discredited Poppy Project and seriously consider their publication’s reputation in giving a voice to an unreliable academic.

Here is a summary of the response by academia over that disgusting episode:

External Link/Members Only

Autopunter

This is just Bindel's biased reporting again. Look, since the UK police and the CPS are taking rape complains more seriously there has been a large increase in these types of crimes reported to the coppers: External Link/Members Only

Overall however the people who track this kind of thing reckon that the number of sex crimes actually being committed has plunged in recent decades (we've an aging population for one thing): External Link/Members Only (this is yank statistics but its the same in this country)

The Leeds red light district was set up after a punter murdered a Polish SP; not sure what the rules are with EU citizens working on the game, but this pre-Brexit article says you can get deported: External Link/Members Only

So, Bindel's talking out of her arse as usual: "[from the article] ...sex assault reports increased from 11 in 2012, eight in 2013 and 19 in 2014 to 34 in 2015, 41 in 2016 and 44 up until October. "

In other words, there was a rise in reported sex crimes which probably weren't being brought to the attention of the Leeds police until the zone was declared, whereupon there was an increase which has remained stable ever since. Maggots like Bindel will always twist the facts to suit their agenda; they are happier with crimes going unreported (which means they can talk about how dangerous the sector is for "prostituted women") than they are about letting the daylight in (when they immediately start talking about a 'spike in crime').

There's been no spike, these kinds of attacks were happening when there was no tolerance zone, and going unpunished. Instead they are now being investigated and a lot of dangerous thugs will hopefully be taken off the streets of Leeds as a result.

Offline sparkus

But where is your Bindel link, sparkus? The one you gave is written by some rent-a-gob called Chris Brooke.

She tweeted it.

Offline Marmalade

Offline purple_t

I'm not left wing but still think the Daily Mail is a heap of shite. Anyone with a functioning brain takes their brand of 'journalism' with a pinch of salt

Offline LanceVance

JB have hates all punters also so I suggest that this thread should be in 'off-topic'.

Agreed, can admin move this please? You never know who is reading this without logging in.

Offline Marmalade

I'm not left wing but still think the Daily Mail is a heap of shite. Anyone with a functioning brain takes their brand of 'journalism' with a pinch of salt

It fulfils a need. Not everyone buys The Times or reads The Economist.

Agreed, can admin move this please? You never know who is reading this without logging in.

I agree it’s not really about punting, but why worry who reads it?? I don’t think any lies have been told. Personally I selected cogent reports by a host of respected top experts to shred Bindel’s agenda-ridden rants. She uses big words and catchy headlines, but her very association with the debunked Poppy Project should be enough to point out to the ordinary reader that her citing of ‘facts’ is frequently nothing of the sort. Her standing within the academic community is pretty low, as one can see from the dozens that have written papers carefully rebutting her and with line-by-line disposal of her so-called ‘facts’.

Offline One Eyed Snake

What paper you recommend THe SUN.

Offline NIK

Anyone with a functioning brain takes their brand of 'journalism' with a pinch of salt

You could say that about any newspaper, including the Guardian.

Park Lane

It could be worse.
Meghan Murphy could be based in UK as well.
It'd be like the scene in Wonder Woman when the Amazons are on the Greek island.  :scare:

Offline purple_t

You could say that about any newspaper, including the Guardian.

While some are more impartial than others, I am generally in agreement with you. They all have an agenda to push.
For the record, The Guardian is my least favourite newspaper of all.