Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Your internet provider has been blocked due to abuse  (Read 7693 times)

Offline seeto

I am assuming that this site is related to UKE? I use a VPN and can't access UKE due to my VPN IP being blocked. Is there any way a member of this site can access UKE while using a VPN?

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider
I am assuming that this site is related to UKE? I use a VPN and can't access UKE due to my VPN IP being blocked. Is there any way a member of this site can access UKE while using a VPN?
No, as far as I know it's not allowed.

Offline cueball

Vpn not allowed on here neither I don't think  :unknown:

Online myothernameis

Why do you want to use a vpn to access these sites, UKE, UKP

Offline azrael

Have you been previously been banned???

Offline DrConners

Something is definitely dodgy about OP ??  :unknown:

Jas1975

Why do you want to use a vpn to access these sites, UKE, UKP
I don't know about the OP but I want to engage a VPN in future for all my searching given the ISPs store it all and who knows who or what might access it later...

Offline seeto

Excuse me gentlemen. There is absolutely nothing 'dodgy' about me and I take offence that because someone uses a VPN, that is construed to be the case.  I travel extensively. I am in different countries at different times of the year, using a VPN is a completely normal, safe and effective way to conduct my business.

For the record, you are correct that this site does indeed (or did, I'm not sure what the current policy is) block VPNs, for obvious reasons but when I enquired to Admin I was allowed to bypass that requirement, so I can access this site using one.

So take a chill pill guys, you may be happy for your IP to know what sites you visit. I am not. It's called Privacy. I have nothing to hide but with the way things are in the world I would rather not let an unknown person or persons know exactly what I do, or when I do it.

JamesFD

Calm down. write a polite message to Admin asking him to allow you access via VPN & if he sees fit he will enable it, although I think he may not allow it from reading other threads. You've already done this once so you know the procedure.

Offline bigmc

I use a vpn too. Torrents ect. I have to turn it off to go on uke. No big deal

OldAdmin

On this site (UKP) I can make exemption per-member, but I can't on UKE or PuntingWiki because I haven't added that feature and have no time to do so.

Offline Revolver69

I must admit Id also like to access this website using a VPN service Ive paid for.    As I tend to flit between this site (where I need to turn it off) and other websites where its not a problem, invariably I end up leaving it switched off....... too much of a hassle to switch it on and off....

I can understand why VPNs aren't allowed as it helps Admin to keep track of the troublemakers who've been banned previously trying to sign up again. 

Im in agreement with the OP though... Id prefer not have people knowing I visit here, and when you look at the list of government agencies now authorised to access your internet records without a warrant, its a bit of an eye opener.....

External Link/Members Only

But its Admin's site, and his rules.

Offline hillingdonpete

I think that I sometimes access UKP via a VPN, My computer usually turns it on automatically when it boots. I usually turn it off as its a pain on some sites.

Offline Marmalade

I've probably spent considerably less that 5 minutes in total on UKE since it was launched. As far as I can see it's a way (maybe as well as other things) of letting trolls and especially fluffies and prossies ply their crap there instead of making trouble here, and a clever move by Admin to ensure they do it under Admin's nose rather than some other site that is extra work to keep an eye on. No offence if you enjoy it; though personally I can't honestly fathom why a punter would want to spend his time there measuring the length of his tongue by seeing how far it can go up a pro$$ie's arse. I'm pleased Admin would rather spend his time giving punters a great site here than spend it on tweaking our punters-and-prossie kissykissy backyard. At least on here, prossies either have to talk sense or fuck right off.
 :hi:
VPN is a sensible surfing precaution in today's business market. But people who take their security seriously should be less inclined to to splurge their bandwidth on chatting to prostitutes. The investigatory snoop laws allow every Tom Dick and Harry (or is it Theresa Diane and Harriet?) to poke their nose in everything you do if they 'accidentally' find your firm is planning to undercut their 2nd cousin removed's business which is located in some tax haven they can take steps to scupper it and increase a monopoly. They really ought to be taking advice from people like Microft and Apple and Google and, yes, Wikileaks if they want to play with such things and learn how to do it properly. There could be good, transparent ways of cracking down on crime and beating terrorism instead of their ham-fisted attempts.

We mostly hear how all such unethical snooping is 'done by China'...

Cyber security firm CrowdStrike issued a report in October saying China was still engaging in hacks, including seven attempted breaches at companies in the technology or pharmaceuticals sector.

... but when it became public that the U.S.A. had tapped the phones of Merkel in Germany and Rousseff in Brazil it became clear that everyone does it (and Britain has even more surveillance than America).

VPN is an impediment, not a bolted door. It gives them more work (hence they 'need' billions more taxpayers' money to fight 'terrorism' [snip: and make money]. )  Secure browsers are another obstacle; but not insurmountable if they spend enough money. May's (early manifesto at least) to bug things like Whatsapp (which has end-to-end encryption which prevents them seeing content, though not that you are using it) means that surveillance, if it is to be put into effect, has to be built in to your phone, your desktop, your router. And once those backdoors are in place, how long do you think it will take for criminals to write the code to access your phone, your desktop, your router as well?? Not very long.

Basically, there are two choices. Recognise Big Brother society for what it is and move on, get over it.  Put up some roadblocks as a slight deterrent if they are necessary for your business concerns, and think of everything on your internet-connected computers as potentially public.

The other option: become an MP. As you can see, it is not lawful to hack MPs.  :rolleyes:

Though how on earth they think a British law will stop Mr Trump or Mr Kim Jong-un or their minions or foreigners with access to hacks from doing so is a mystery ...

Offline mr.bluesky

Excuse my ignorance but what is vpn ?

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

According to Google it's a Virtual private network

Offline Revolver69

Further to the answer above, with a VPN, you have an outward encrypted connection to an external VPN service provider, which then acts as your "jumping off point" for the web.  The VPN provider can be located anywhere in the world, and obviously not subject to the laws in force in the UK regarding data retention.   This hides which websites you are visiting from your own Internet Provider, and which are now logged by law.

All your Internet Provider can "see" and log on their system, is a single encrypted connection to the VPN provider.   

As someone mentioned above, its not that straightforward, in that some websites (with good reason) don't like connections coming in from known VPN IP addresses.... eg. online banking would be a good example of not being too keen for say a connection apparently coming from Russia, accessing a UK bank account!    So it doesn't work as smoothly in practice as you might hope for. I really wish I could find a way of whitelisting those websites that need a normal internet connection and leave the VPN for the rest. Ive yet to work that one out.  :unknown:

I can't say Im much of a fan of the Snoopers Charter.  People are naturally curious creatures, and I wouldnt be surprised if people in all those government departments simply access the browsing history of people they know or famous people, just to pass the time.    I once worked in a medical insurance company many years ago, where people used to do exactly that looking up private medical histories.... its not right, but people are people.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:30:09 am by Revolver69 »

Online myothernameis

Offline Marmalade

poseidon

I can't say Im much of a fan of the Snoopers Charter.  People are naturally curious creatures, and I wouldnt be surprised if people in all those government departments simply access the browsing history of people they know or famous people, just to pass the time.    I once worked in a medical insurance company many years ago, where people used to do exactly that looking up private medical histories.... its not right, but people are people.

In most organisations, misuse of the database / computer system will likely result in you getting sacked. There have been cases in the news where police officers and council workers got sacked / prossecuted for looking up info about people they know inappropriately. There is also an EU law coming in the next year that will force all companies (including ISPs) to tighten their data security and protect customers from staff needlessly prying into their history/logs/etc.

While I'm for Brexit in most ways, the new data protection law looks like it will mean more transparency for ordinary people and less snooping from corporations.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:04:34 am by poseidon »

Craig1982

I'm surprised no one has mentioned TOR as an alternative to VPN... ?  (Tor = The Onion Ring, used a lot by people wanting to access the darknet)

Similar effect in that it shows you as being in a different location to where you really are, but it's MUCH harder to get info about an individual user from Tor networks (and even if you're running a Tor relay it's still not easy to find 1 persons browsing history).

When you download a web page (like the UKP site) it's sent down the phone line/over the airwaves to your PC/laptop in a single box (we call it an envelope or packet), but Tor splits the box/packet into 50 pieces and sends them over different routes (different couriers) making it incredibly hard for an ISP to capture and reassemble all the bits to see what website you were looking at.
Anyone technical out there will know this description isn't 100% accurate, but it's good enough for regular folk to get a basic understanding of another way to hide their tracks on the internet ;-)

Cheeky gits like the NSA run Tor relays so they can capture/analyze as much traffic as possible - and potentially reassemble it - but you need some serious kit/bandwidth to do it.

OldAdmin

And before anyone wastes time on Tor, it wouldn't work on this site, it's automatically blocked like many VPN networks. Other sites may not block Tor, but they will know you are using Tor if they wanted.

Offline Marmalade

In most organisations, misuse of the database / computer system will likely result in you getting sacked. There have been cases in the news where police officers and council workers got sacked / prossecuted for looking up info about people they know inappropriately. There is also an EU law coming in the next year that will force all companies (including ISPs) to tighten their data security and protect customers from staff needlessly prying into their history/logs/etc.

While I'm for Brexit in most ways, the new data protection law looks like it will mean more transparency for ordinary people and less snooping from corporations.

That's a gullible view in my opinion.  :hi:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
I'm surprised no one has mentioned TOR as an alternative to VPN... ?  (Tor = The Onion Ring, used a lot by people wanting to access the darknet)

Similar effect in that it shows you as being in a different location to where you really are, but it's MUCH harder to get info about an individual user from Tor networks (and even if you're running a Tor relay it's still not easy to find 1 persons browsing history).

When you download a web page (like the UKP site) it's sent down the phone line/over the airwaves to your PC/laptop in a single box (we call it an envelope or packet), but Tor splits the box/packet into 50 pieces and sends them over different routes (different couriers) making it incredibly hard for an ISP to capture and reassemble all the bits to see what website you were looking at.
Anyone technical out there will know this description isn't 100% accurate, but it's good enough for regular folk to get a basic understanding of another way to hide their tracks on the internet ;-)

Cheeky gits like the NSA run Tor relays so they can capture/analyze as much traffic as possible - and potentially reassemble it - but you need some serious kit/bandwidth to do it.

I don't think you really like it here, you bump years old threads to brag about how clever you are, tell admin the way he should run his site and now come on trying to tell people how to by-pass the VPN issue.      :dash: :dash: :dash:

Just use the site for it's intended purpose and accept admins rules or go and geek somewhere else.

Craig1982

Where do you get that rubbish from?  :rolleyes:

NEVER have i told the admin what to do with this site. Can you show me where i have because i can't find anything that says "You do this" or "Admin should do that" ??  I guess no one's allowed to make suggestions or have opinions any more  :thumbsdown:

AND not once have i "bragged" about being clever and i'm certainly no genius, but there are other IT folk on here who speak geek so why not pick on them?

Bumping old threads goes on all the time in lots of forums all other the internet, so what? WHY is it such a problem on a website like this where the content changes so often?
The guy who questioned the post i bumped is guilty of doing the same thing AND he admitted it was wrong in the post he bumped up! :) What's THAT all about then?

I don't need this crap from you, i came here to be part of a community not to interact with idiots who think with the tool in their trousers instead of the brain in their head.

Get my account closed, report me to my ISP, MI5 and Battersea Dogs Home for writing naughty words... do you think i care?  :hi:
There is no need for me to read or write anything on here, but shared information is useful to everyone so until i get kicked you'll just have to put up with me or ignore me.

Offline scutty brown

I'm surprised no one has mentioned TOR as an alternative to VPN... ?  (Tor = The Onion Ring, used a lot by people wanting to access the darknet)............

That's because
1) Most of those who know about it know it doesn't work on this site
2) Most of those who know about it understand that using it equates to waving a red flag and shouting "guilty" to the authorities

Offline seeto

That's because
2) Most of those who know about it understand that using it equates to waving a red flag and shouting "guilty" to the authorities

Wow, such a good citizen. Try living in China, I think you'll soon change your mind.

Offline Tricky Dickie

Wow, such a good citizen. Try living in China, I think you'll soon change your mind.

What a bizarre statement. Why would the experiences of an internet user in China have any impact at all on buyers of sex in the UK?

Offline scutty brown

You don't understand do you?
Using TOR makes you noticeable. It makes the authorities aware of you. Besides which the USA and UK authorities have so many controlled exit nodes that they can monitor traffic in real time - its not secure. If they can do it, the Chinese can't be far behind.
TOR is insecure - it has been hacked and is being monitored

poseidon

That's a gullible view in my opinion.  :hi:

You have a point if you're saying it won't be enforced very well or corporations will find ways around it, but it will be a step forward. Not a solution but progress nonetheless.

Consent must be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous. There must be a positive opt-in; consent cannot be inferred from silence, pre-ticked boxes or inactivity. It must also be separate from other terms and conditions, and you will need to have simple ways for people to withdraw consent.

You should put procedures in place to effectively detect, report and investigate a personal data breach

Two of the things I like about the GDPR are the fact corporations will be penalised more severely if they don't secure our data properly and the point that companies will have to ask for opt-in consent for marketing crap. Yes they may find loopholes but overall I see this doing more good than harm for privacy.

Link: External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:18:29 pm by poseidon »

Offline seeto

What a bizarre statement. Why would the experiences of an internet user in China have any impact at all on buyers of sex in the UK?

The subject is Tor. Keep up.

You don't understand do you?
Using TOR makes you noticeable. It makes the authorities aware of you. Besides which the USA and UK authorities have so many controlled exit nodes that they can monitor traffic in real time - its not secure. If they can do it, the Chinese can't be far behind.
TOR is insecure - it has been hacked and is being monitored

That's funny, someone who thinks I don't 'get it' thinks that seeking private comms makes one illegal. You have to get your mnd out of the gutter. Some people use Tor for respectable reasons and have no choice.  Yes, Tor has it's deficiencies, but only if you are careless. Exit nodes do not reveal anything about a sender, unless the sender is a moron.

Offline scutty brown

That's funny, someone who thinks I don't 'get it' thinks that seeking private comms makes one illegal. You have to get your mnd out of the gutter. Some people use Tor for respectable reasons and have no choice.  Yes, Tor has it's deficiencies, but only if you are careless. Exit nodes do not reveal anything about a sender, unless the sender is a moron.
You still don't understand. Using TOR for ANY reason marks you as a person of interest to the authorities and makes you more likely to be a target for investigation, whether overt or covert. I make no suggestion that using TOR makes what you do illegal, just that the authorities will presume illegality and investigate.
And you don't understand my second point TOR has been hacked and can be read by the UK and USA authorities. Controlling a large number of exit nodes just makes it easier to do. Carry on in ignorance if you like, but don't be surprised when Big Brother comes knocking

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator

Have you not noticed the dipstick who suggested it is now banned, none of these anonymous methods are allowed here. Far better stay behind on this one. 

Offline Tricky Dickie

Not having any trouble keeping up thanks. The subject was accessing UKE via a VPN. The tangent was a comment about Internet users in China.

Offline Vivago

Some people use Tor for respectable reasons and have no choice. 

What, you mean for buying guns and drugs as opposed to searching for illegal porn. :sarcastic:

VPN's are the fuckin' bees knees. Without one I wouldn't have been able to watch live racing from Royal Ascot via ITV hub and back the 25/1 winner of the big race yesterday. :yahoo:

Oh and my VPN boasts that it is the only one that allows access to the tor network under the protection of a VPN. That would resolve any issues with security.

Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Marmalade

You have a point if you're saying it won't be enforced very well or corporations will find ways around it, but it will be a step forward. Not a solution but progress nonetheless.

Link: External Link/Members Only

An interesting document. It's good to look on the bright side -- which includes both appreciating steps being put in place and understanding things like VPN. However the government (successive ones) have a long history of doing things that are either illegal or unethical or both while at the same time taking measures to reassure the electorate that they are doing exactly the opposite, and even before everyone had Internet connections. It's not that they tell lies (well not always), more that they're selective about how facts are presented. There was widespread semi-automated phone tapping long before they made it 'legal' (there was a famous court case exposing it, which is probably why they try to legalise bad stuff now).

Same with google -- when Mozilla pointed out that google collects everything they can without you knowing, suddenly Google ups its game, promotes itself as 'secure' and gives you 'choices'. (While collecting even more info and allowing it to be sold).

I think even I could pick gaping holes in that government release so I imagine someone like Edward Snowden would rip it to shreds. The main thing I read from it btw is, "we want to control how you steal, sell, leak or abuse data rather than letting you think you are in charge of your own company." It's a bit like getting airports to refuse entry in a couple of high profile cases while quietly giving a free pass to everyone the secret service they find interesting (in the Manchester case) overrule security protocols. Would it be a surprise if the first prosecutions happen to be with companies that are 'uncooperative' or maybe even supporting the Rt Hon Corbypants? Probably not. The aim is to keep companies on their toes, keep them worried. Meanwhile anyone on the winning side can do what they please. Whether it's breaking election rules or selling weapons to Saudis. Just paint Yemen as aggressors (they're being systematically wiped out) and Corbynistas as Reds.

The ironic thing is it is still better than the alternative. That the Yemenis are bastards (who happen to be being tortured and murdered with our tax money) and that Corbyn probably has some extreme left wing sympathies (even though his was maliciously and unfairly maligned in the election) is not really in doubt. Having a Tory monitoring and controlling your every internet usage, even if it seems to border on fascism, is probably slightly better than having a powerless communist control it. (Though we don't really know that Corbyn is a communist.)

Let's take a pro-government stance, implement all such measures strongly, what economic effect does it have? It makes the info more valuable, more attractive to someone making money.

Enough. Thank you for the link. Stay safe and support your country.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:12:46 am by Marmalade »

Offline seeto

And you don't understand my second point TOR has been hacked and can be read by the UK and USA authorities. Controlling a large number of exit nodes just makes it easier to do. Carry on in ignorance if you like, but don't be surprised when Big Brother comes knocking

Could you be more specific on tor being 'hacked'? That's a pretty broad statement and I think you are missing some fairly important caveats (I think I know what you are eluding to). Tor is secure if you use it correctly, but I'm willing to listen if you have something worth listening to? What do you know?

... none of these anonymous methods are allowed here.

One is. (read Admin's ealier post).

Offline scutty brown

......... Tor is secure if you use it correctly, but I'm willing to listen if you have something worth listening to? What do you know?

TOR is not secure. That  is all I can safely say

Offline seeto

OK, so you've read about the FBI hack. That's fine. Enough said, Tor is safe.

Offline scutty brown

No

Offline Marmalade

Tor is not 'completely' safe. If you combine Tor and VPN you generally have a better level of security but it will also limit operability and many sites will block Tor routinely, so UKP and UKE is pretty normal. Snowden, who was one of the best techies around, used very high security protocols when releasing governments abuse of phone and Internet tapping (which is now become standard knowledge). Yet he predicted fairly accurately how long it would take for the U.S. to track him. Since then, many CIA intercept programs have become more sophisticated but also have involved security hacks that are then used by criminals. A very recent case involved criminals hacking the security cameras of a house. Phones and the internet are no longer secure. It is no longer specific targeting but wholesale monitoring. Nor is isolating a computer from the Internet 100%. The latest news shows widespread use of a hack called Brutal Kangaroo which spreads by means of any pen drive used to share files between an internet computer and a computer not connected to the Internet.

VPN for small businesses, a summary:

UK lags behind in VPN usage but it's growing (Saudi uses it most according to one survey)

Most mobile VPNs are not that secure:

A VPN provider can log all your internet usage. The amount of logs they maintain varies. If their logs are open to government control, and a normal government gagging order banning them from revealing government access there were some techie ways of checking if they were served but that may be out of date. I think the general opinion is that a firm hosted in a country that has a record of low government interference is a better bet.

If you do have a VPN you should have a one-click method of switching it on and off. VPNs, as with any security measure, limit operability. Like airport checks. So balance things, as you would for safe sex. Speaking of sex, and considering many punters' abysmal security in dealing with prossies, their biggest danger is simply revealing too much information about themselves with what they post online.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
One is. (read Admin's ealier post).

I don't need to read admin's post I know he will allow you access via VPN if you ASK him. He has to make the exception for your account without which you don't get access.   :dash:

On this site (UKP) I can make exemption per-member, but I can't on UKE or PuntingWiki because I haven't added that feature and have no time to do so.

Offline yorkshirepunter3333

I get the issue when you travel, I tend to just use my mobile as a hotspot but if I must use public hotspot I sometimes usea Virtual Machine hosted on Azure or AWS ( I had some free Azure then some free AWS).

I was on a contract a few years ago, I had to use a work provided laptop, I different want to carry two laptops around with me so for my punting needs I used a VM. I would remote desktop to my VM hosted in some data centre and this would leave no trace on my work laptop which forced a http proxy onto me , would monitor internet usage and would not allow me to VPN.

*VM Virtual Machine, its a computer that you can control remotely.

PervertedPakistani

Hi

First post here so obviously I don’t want it one where I get banned!I Instead of creating a brand new thread about a topic that’s been discussed already, I’ve just decided to reply on an existing one as I’ve read only established members can contact ‘admin’ directly. VPNs are obviously blocked on this site so I’m hoping admin can kindly use his discretion to allow my account with VPNs, Reasons for my VPN use are personal as well as practical. My main browser is Opera (built-in VPN) and that means I’m unable to use UKP on there. Secondly, similar to a few others here and elsewhere, I’m paranoid about being snooped on or my data and posts on here being used in a nefarious way by third parties at some point in time. I appreciate there are some who will laugh at my paranoia and think I’m an idiot but I suppose its just one of those things – you either fall in two camps – those who don’t give a damn or those like me who are paranoid as fuck.

Right now I'm posting from an internet cafe and its awkward as fuck constantly trying to watch my back the whole time and worrying about someone reading this post....

:D :D :D

Thanks for reading,

PervertedPakistani

Offline scutty brown

Hi

First post here so obviously I don’t want it one where I get banned!I Instead of creating a brand new thread about a topic that’s been discussed already, I’ve just decided to reply on an existing one as I’ve read only established members can contact ‘admin’ directly. VPNs are obviously blocked on this site so I’m hoping admin can kindly use his discretion to allow my account with VPNs, Reasons for my VPN use are personal as well as practical. My main browser is Opera (built-in VPN) and that means I’m unable to use UKP on there. Secondly, similar to a few others here and elsewhere, I’m paranoid about being snooped on or my data and posts on here being used in a nefarious way by third parties at some point in time. I appreciate there are some who will laugh at my paranoia and think I’m an idiot but I suppose its just one of those things – you either fall in two camps – those who don’t give a damn or those like me who are paranoid as fuck.

Right now I'm posting from an internet cafe and its awkward as fuck constantly trying to watch my back the whole time and worrying about someone reading this post....

Thanks for reading,

PervertedPakistani

I've reported your post to admin so he can consider your request.
However, I suggest you reread the last few posts: they may give you an idea.
I'm NOT going to spell it out to you

Offline mrfishyfoo

I'm NOT going to spell it out to you

BUT !! BUT !! He's special and deserves a better level of treatment than those of us that have been here for "ages" and actually "contributed" to the site.  :sarcastic:

Offline DrConners

BUT !! BUT !! He's special and deserves a better level of treatment than those of us that have been here for "ages" and actually "contributed" to the site.  :sarcastic:

+1

I’m paranoid about being snooped on or my data and posts on here being used in a nefarious way by third parties at some point in time. I appreciate there are some who will laugh at my paranoia and think I’m an idiot but I suppose its just one of those things – you either fall in two camps – those who don’t give a damn or those like me who are paranoid as fuck.

PP - Your just some dickhead wanting the rules bent just for yourself - paranoia is your problem mate. This is an open forum with currently over 157,000 members - how's that for a fact for your irrational delusional mind ?

Please do one  :thumbsdown:

vw

Hi

Thanks for reading,

PervertedPakistani

you just wsnt this facility to hide your old ip and former scummy behaviour.   :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: