Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Free Chlamydia screening for under 25s  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Gatts

Hello , I'm trying to look for a walk in center, but everywhere seems to mention under 25's or free for under 25's.

Does this mean over 25's can not get screened there? Also I am 26 years old, if I go, will they want proof of age or any kind of details that will reveal my true age? or will they just take my word for it if I say I am 25? (I'm told I look around 22/23 lol)

Thanks for any help given.

Aspen

Hello , I'm trying to look for a walk in center, but everywhere seems to mention under 25's or free for under 25's.

Does this mean over 25's can not get screened there? Also I am 26 years old, if I go, will they want proof of age or any kind of details that will reveal my true age? or will they just take my word for it if I say I am 25? (I'm told I look around 22/23 lol)

Ageism at it's best.

When you get past about 50 the NHS gives up on any pretence at treating you, they just let you go.

Curious6705

Like many punters I get myself screened for common STDs every quarter at the GUM clinic. I'm over 25, and it's free.

Offline akauya

Don't know where you got your info... I'm way, way past 25 and got it all free.. as I posted on the other GUM/STI clinic thread:

This is for the London crowd:

Last week I went to 34 Dean Street or Dean Street Express as they call it. If you have no symptoms and you just want to have a regular test that's the place to go. You answer a small questionnaire on a touch screen computer, they give you a number, you piss in a pot, they take your blood sample, six hours later you get your results via text. Couldn't be simpler and easier. I got mine, all clear and was also offered the Hep B vaccine and I had the first shot.

:thumbsup:

External Link/Members Only

So if you're in London the  Dean Street Express is the place to go.

Offline smiths

Ageism at it's best.

When you get past about 50 the NHS gives up on any pretence at treating you, they just let you go.

80 in my experience with my late father. It can be a case of having to fight though thats for sure to get the appropriate treatment when a person is of pensioner age, not noticed a problem in the 50-60ish range though fortunately.

Its all well and good in theory that some people can live longer thanks to advances in medical science, what i see as equally important is the quality of life those people have.

kingkong

Offline KentAde

Don't know where you got your info... I'm way, way past 25 and got it all free.. as I posted on the other GUM/STI clinic thread:

Last week I went to 34 Dean Street or Dean Street Express as they call it. If you have no symptoms and you just want to have a regular test that's the place to go. You answer a small questionnaire on a touch screen computer, they give you a number, you piss in a pot, they take your blood sample, six hours later you get your results via text. Couldn't be simpler and easier. I got mine, all clear and was also offered the Hep B vaccine and I had the first shot.

Cheers for that..never even knew you could do tests that quick. Last time I did tests I paid a private doctor as didn't have time (during work) to sit and fucking wait for an eternity  :(
Will certainly visit Dean Street in the future, but am booked in at Barts tomorrow for a check-up...

Offline akauya

Cheers for that..never even knew you could do tests that quick. Last time I did tests I paid a private doctor as didn't have time (during work) to sit and fucking wait for an eternity  :(
Will certainly visit Dean Street in the future, but am booked in at Barts tomorrow for a check-up...

Yes but please note that this is not 56 Dean Street but 34 Dean Street, the Express one, just a couple of minutes up the road from 56. Great service!

As I said to another UKP member the front of the clininc looks like a Pizza Express joint; neon lights included :) Just have a look at the link I posted.

Offline Gatts

This is where I'm looking to go External Link/Members Only

They mentioned walk-ins, but then go on to say appointment only, and only open on Tuesdays. I'm confused.

Offline akauya

This is where I'm looking to go External Link/Members Only

They mentioned walk-ins, but then go on to say appointment only, and only open on Tuesdays. I'm confused.

Mate, if you're in London get yourself to 34 Dean Street, no  prior appointment needed (as long as you have no symptoms). You go in, answer a little questionnaire, give piss, give blood and six hours later you get your results.

If you do have symptoms you go to 56 Dean Street but have to make an appointment first.

Offline Gatts

Is there places to park while I'm in there? I shit with trains.

Offline akauya

You want to drive to the West End?  :scare:  You're a braver man than I am, or madder.

Anyway there are a few car parks there... I googled this for you ;)

This is probably the nearest

Don't forget the congestion charge!