Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: phone companies monitoring data  (Read 1726 times)

Online Marmalade

Phone companies are sending out messages “to comply with new data laws” and also of course (haha!) “to serve you better” including “suggesting things you might like based on your data”. ffs. So if it’s sensitive or you don’t have a punting phone, you might want to use the web via your router rather than your phone company.

Offline Donbe

good tip, although any punter in his right mind uses a PAYG.

Offline welshpunter17

Just use a PAYG and whats the problem  :unknown:

If you're stupid enuogh not to use a PAYG sim, then at least use a VPN.

Offline horsa

how long until our routers are monitored?.

Offline ruggedscot

how long until our routers are monitored?.

They are.......  :scare:

your digital profile is monitored but just now they have no interest in it, just as long as your not a terrorist.

Offline AVFC1982

I don’t see phone data any more  sensitive than your ISP to be honest. An encrypted VPN should be safe. PAYG always good. The cloud is the risk sharing your history across devices.

Offline Drekszter

I tend to use my burner phone on PAYG and put VPN on my 3G. I power it off completely and take the SIM out when I'm not punting.

Works good enough.

If you have nothing to hide and don't plan to be working for 1S1S then you're probably the least of the authorities' concern with all the other crap going on right now they have to monitor, like the Russian spying.

Online Marmalade

Most collection of data is automated (developed in Britain and misused by Facebook). Amazon is an easy example. Type in some ancient b-flick movie with breasts and monsters, even if most of your viewing has been blockbusters, and they will bombard you with ‘films based on your search for 20ft Lesbians from Mars’ or whatever it was. They then sell your ‘preferences’ to other companies who will then spam you with such short.

Offline Jimmyredcab

good tip, although any punter in his right mind uses a PAYG.

My only phone is PAYG ---------------- no expensive contracts for me.    :drinks: