Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: RIP Jim Steinman  (Read 327 times)

Offline MilleMiglia

The man responsible for this little ditty:

External Link/Members Only

Offline alabama1

A great songwriter and very much underrated in my opinion.

Offline chrishornx

Offline Steely Dan

The snog in the middle of this is great.

Best song ever.  From 'love' to 'waiting for the end of time' in 7 minutes.

Offline lostandfound

Unfortunately a blind spot for me. Meat Loaf's music just sounds like filler to me.

Reading the tributes he seems to have been a very nice man by all accounts. A huge Wagner fan apparently. Wagner did bombast which is obvs in the songs but Wagner was also THE absolute technical wizard when it came to musical harmony and I don't hear that wizardry in this chap's writing.

Offline ik8133

The man responsible for this little ditty:

Was blown away when I first heard the album back in '78, still gets the hair standing on the back of my neck today!   

Offline Mr_Shins

The snog in the middle of this is great.

Best song ever.  From 'love' to 'waiting for the end of time' in 7 minutes.

Also my favourite song of all time.

This song for our forum, the original version of it

Offline Blackpool Rock

Weird as fuck i've not heard this on the news only just when I read this thread but for some reason when I woke up this morning between getting out of bed and taking a piss I thought about the fact that Jim Steinman has written Bat out of Hell  :scare:

weird how coincidence works  :unknown:

Offline VolapUK

weird how coincidence works  :unknown:

Here's another one - the illustrator of the Bat Out of Hell cover, good old Richard Corben, died some months ago  :(

Offline mr.bluesky

A great songwriter and very much underrated in my opinion.

+1 he wrote some great songs

Offline Blackpool Rock

There's a documentary i've watched a couple of times in the last few years, can't remember what channel it's on but seems to pop up regularly called something like "Meatloaf in and out of hell".

It's a good watch and tell the story of how Meatloaf progressed his career warts and all, part of it touches on how he and Steinman had a major falling out before getting back together