Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Boxing - General thread  (Read 16316 times)

Offline Goldfinch

Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson will return to the ring for an exhibition fight against ex-four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr.

The bout is scheduled to take place on 12th September in Los Angeles.

Tyson,54 last fought professionally in 2005 when he was beaten by Irishman Kevin McBride in what was his sixth loss in 58 career contests.

Fellow American Jones,51,has not fought since beating Scott Sigmon in February 2018.

I'm going with Tyson for a win,anyone the same?

External Link/Members Only

Offline king tarzan

A complete embarrassing farce.. a sick joke.. both demeaning themselves.. for Jones it is about prestige (net worth around £50m) and Tyson pure and simply money..
There was back in the heydays a proposed Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones fight which was ridiculed by many experts.. obviously Jones could of been seriously hurt or even killed..

Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe nonsense come backs because they have no money..
Yet Lennox Lewis does not want to enter this farce because he has money because he held on to it..
Banned reason: Misogynist who gets free bookings from agencies for pos reviews.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Avg_Joe

sounds like a one last rocky script rolled out for the payday
Banned reason: White knight.

Online Chorley

A complete embarrassing farce.. a sick joke.. both demeaning themselves.. for Jones it is about prestige (net worth around £50m) and Tyson pure and simply money..
There was back in the heydays a proposed Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones fight which was ridiculed by many experts.. obviously Jones could of been seriously hurt or even killed..

Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe nonsense come backs because they have no money..
Yet Lennox Lewis does not want to enter this farce because he has money because he held on to it..
Calm down mate. It's for charity FFS  :rolleyes:

Offline sub_marine

How about a Prince Naseem comeback, think he must be in superheavy weight by now

Offline AnthG

I do not think so with Mike Tyson, the guy is a hero and a legend. Look at his recent youtube videos. He is nothing like he was. When he says its for charity, that will be all its for. The guy is very religious now.

I hope Mike wins and then he gets a bout with the heavy leagues; Wilder, Fury etc. George Forman did it. And I would love it if Mike did too
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline berksboy

Just so very sad when once great boxers come back.

Offline Matrix

My moneys on Roy to school him.  Competitive until a few years ago. Mike's been finished since Holyfield dropped him. Wish they'd fought when Roy won the WBA heavyweight strap.

Online timsussex

I do not think so with Mike Tyson, the guy is a hero and a legend. Look at his recent youtube videos. He is nothing like he was. When he says its for charity, that will be all its for. The guy is very religious now.

I hope Mike wins and then he gets a bout with the heavy leagues; Wilder, Fury etc. George Forman did it. And I would love it if Mike did too

I hope hes now vegetarian !

Offline Kingy28

I saw Iron Mike when he was in his prime over 30 years ago. I won't be watching this

Offline AnthG

I won't be watching this

I will, for me I would rather see this more than England in the finals of the world cup. Not exaggerating too.

Offline Kingy28

I will, for me I would rather see this more than England in the finals of the world cup. Not exaggerating too.
Which sport?

Online ratedj

Unless there is total transparency I would hazad a guess that we won't truly know whether Tyson will gain any remuneration. Whilst it's possible that Tyson will donate his fight purse to the charity of his choice, it is possible that he still stands to make money from merchanside and broadcating deals. However, what is surely a more prevelant issue is that two, 50-plus year-olds are due to compete against each other in a sport which is known to expose fighters to potential neurological damage.

Offline mace-window

Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson will return to the ring for an exhibition fight against ex-four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr.

The bout is scheduled to take place on 12th September in Los Angeles.

Tyson,54 last fought professionally in 2005 when he was beaten by Irishman Kevin McBride in what was his sixth loss in 58 career contests.

Fellow American Jones,51,has not fought since beating Scott Sigmon in February 2018.

I'm going with Tyson for a win,anyone the same?

Man I can't wait for this fight. I can of remember watching Mike Tyson fight in his prime (I was at least a baby or toddler at the time). My mum paid lots of money (not to sure how much at the time maybe £50) for the pay to view box office subscription to watch the fight (don't remember who Mike was fighting) and waited around 1am or 2am for Mike fight. Soon as Mike entered and the bell ringed, Mike punched the guy couple of times and the fight was over in 5 seconds. We waited for hours and paid loads of money for a 5 second fight. Great times but hope we get one more good fight from Mike.   

Offline Goldfinch

Man I can't wait for this fight. I can of remember watching Mike Tyson fight in his prime (I was at least a baby or toddler at the time). My mum paid lots of money (not to sure how much at the time maybe £50) for the pay to view box office subscription to watch the fight (don't remember who Mike was fighting) and waited around 1am or 2am for Mike fight. Soon as Mike entered and the bell ringed, Mike punched the guy couple of times and the fight was over in 5 seconds. We waited for hours and paid loads of money for a 5 second fight. Great times but hope we get one more good fight from Mike.
:thumbsup:

I remember watching Tyson probably in 1987 or thereabouts when it was free to air on ITV,used to be on about 4.00am.

And watched the Tyson v Holyfield fight When i was in Majorca in 1997,with the 1 hour time difference it didn't start till after 5.00am.

Offline AnthG

I am just watching on Youtube the classic Frank Bruno vs Mike Tyson bout from 1989.

Looking at it again now 20 years later, Frank Bruno was one hell of a dirty fighter. As a kid I was firmly in his camp, now as an adult Mike is just so much better and cleaner fighter. Its probably one of the greatest fights, so worth watching now.

Offline sub_marine

You wonder how Iron Mike in his prime at 5'10" would fare against the likes of AJ at 6'6" and Fury at 6'9".  Mike was an animal but wonder how far things have moved on?

Offline Kingy28

You wonder how Iron Mike in his prime at 5'10" would fare against the likes of AJ at 6'6" and Fury at 6'9".  Mike was an animal but wonder how far things have moved on?
Tyson in his prime would knock joshua out inside of 2 rounds. Fury would take a bit longer as he's a better boxer than joshua but he would also end up on the canvas. Iron Mike had an aura in his early/mid career. His opponents were beat before the first bell

Offline mace-window

I remember watching Tyson probably in 1987 or thereabouts when it was free to air on ITV,used to be on about 4.00am.

And watched the Tyson v Holyfield fight When i was in Majorca in 1997,with the 1 hour time difference it didn't start till after 5.00am.

I think that and Lennox Lewis fights are the ones I remember from my childhood. Sadly people will remember the antics rather than the fights. But Mike has turned his life around which I am happy for him after all the drama he had to deal with in his prime.

Offline Goldfinch

I think that and Lennox Lewis fights are the ones I remember from my childhood. Sadly people will remember the antics rather than the fights. But Mike has turned his life around which I am happy for him after all the drama he had to deal with in his prime.

Tyson's Top 10 knockouts is a good watch:

I've still got the video tape of the Buster Douglas fight:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 03:30:04 pm by Goldfinch »

Offline mace-window

Tyson's Top 10 knockouts is a good watch:

I've still got the video tape of the Buster Douglas fight:

Bruh you don't need to tell me to watch this as I have seen the video many times  :hi:.

I do remember one knock out when Mike knock this guy out and he seemed ok for the first 10 seconds. After that he fell to his feet probably because his body recognized that he got knocked out by Mike. That knock out was weird and scary.

Offline Goldfinch

Bruh you don't need to tell me to watch this as I have seen the video many times  :hi:.

I do remember one knock out when Mike knock this guy out and he seemed ok for the first 10 seconds. After that he fell to his feet probably because his body recognized that he got knocked out by Mike. That knock out was weird and scary.

Offline king tarzan

Carl "the truth" Williams??

Offline mace-window

Offline Goldfinch

What year did he fight Mike?

I'm sure KT will confirm: July 21, 1989

Offline mace-window

I'm sure KT will confirm: July 21, 1989

Nah don't think that was the fight I saw.

Offline Matrix

Nah don't think that was the fight I saw.

Perhaps against Tubbs?

Offline king tarzan

Nearly £40 to see this comical embarrassing farce... shame on both of them :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash: :dash:

Offline Goldfinch

Offline Goldfinch

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 10:08:37 pm by Goldfinch »

Offline king tarzan

watched a bit of a pathetic comeback of Micheal Nunn at 57.. watched 2 seconds and switched off in disgust..
Just makes more of a pathetic shameful farce does all this, Mike Tyson becomes deluded utterly what a shame..
Once Great fighters sadly ridiculing themselves..
Maybe this nonsense that even at 60, 70, a person is still young that is driven by this shitty social media makes people deluded into believing they are still YOUNG  , when in fact they are old!!

So sad to see Micheal Nunn make a complete fool of himself.. once one of the greatest slick fighters of his time in the late 80's, and 90's, along with Herol Graham avoided by good fighters like Nigel Benn, Chris Eubank, Thomas Hearns, and even the younger more sane Roy Jones..

anyone interested in watching a slugfest that is never mentioned ever.. a bloody great fight go and enjoy on you tube
MATHEW HILTON vs ROBERT HINES.... AWESOME AWESOME 👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊

Offline Goldfinch

anyone interested in watching a slugfest that is never mentioned ever.. a bloody great fight go and enjoy on you tube
MATHEW HILTON vs ROBERT HINES.... AWESOME AWESOME 👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊👊

Offline king tarzan

cheers!! what a great toe to toe fight.. saw this live on tv many years ago on ITV in the early hours..

Offline king tarzan

the farce has been re scheduled... hopefully will never happen!!!!

Offline Goldfinch

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 11:24:13 am by Goldfinch »

Offline king tarzan

🥊🥊

absolute joke.. very embarrassing for hall of fame boxers... as a once avid boxing fan from my heart this is :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline king tarzan

Now talking shit is old mike tyson.... i really wish he would stop embarrassing himself... was never a great fighter.. good fighter yes.. great nope.. i rate Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis higher than him.. and they both beat him brutally..
and Tyson lost to club fighters too!! (towards the end of his career) He is so deluded.. probably got a bunch of arse licking yes men around him again..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:10:04 pm by king tarzan »

Offline Goldfinch

Now talking shit is old mike tyson.... i really wish he would stop embarrassing himself... was never a great fighter.. good fighter yes.. great nope.. i rate Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis higher than him.. and they both beat him brutally..
and Tyson lost to club fighters too!! (towards the end of his career) He is so deluded.. probably got a bunch of arse licking yes men around him again..
;)

Online Waterhouse

Could never have happened, not without a flux capacitor powered DeLorean anyway,  but my ultimate fantasy match would have been to see Ali destroy him in the ring.... And then again in the re-match 😂

Online Waterhouse

;)

'I'm an annihilator... I'm the greatest fighter since the conception of God': Mike Tyson issues fierce warning to Roy Jones Jr during intense new promo ahead of clash between boxing legends
Mike Tyson insists he's 'the best fighter ever' ahead of his bout with Roy Jones Jr

Not even close.

Class 'A' pillock.

Online pbrown355

Read a biography of Mike Tyson written towards the end of his "proper" career. It pointed out his strengths & weaknesses as a boxer. Mostly it suggested that a tall guy with a good jab would stand a very good chance against him.
Proved correct more than once.
Greatest boxer ever, not even close. I'd rate him No 1 if I was looking for backup in a pub brawl.

Offline king tarzan

Read a biography of Mike Tyson written towards the end of his "proper" career. It pointed out his strengths & weaknesses as a boxer. Mostly it suggested that a tall guy with a good jab would stand a very good chance against him.
Proved correct more than once.
Greatest boxer ever, not even close. I'd rate him No 1 if I was looking for backup in a pub brawl.

Buster Douglas fought the fight of his life... Tyson was definitely out of sync that night, partying and shagging in Tokyo non stop.. well he paid the price for being unprepared..
Mike Tyson was very talented.. his bob weave style and bending at the knees, peek boo style was awesome, he was gifted with immense hand speed and power..
Mike Tyson had God gifted talented, but eroded quickly because he let himself down because of others around him..
Don King is not to blame, Mike Tyson is to blame himself.. he should of been his own professional man.. he was a very intellectual student of boxing...
Had he been the Mike Tyson that destroyed Tyrell Biggs, beat Tony Tucker, had not had drastic eroding skills because of all his personal issues and fought Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield in there primes, i have no doubt he would of beaten them and the likes of David Tua, Roddick Bowe, Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer, Micheal Moorer, he definitely would of been there with Ali as the greatest of all time.. But the former certainly did not happen....