Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: OpenID, a "new" (to me) way of logging in.  (Read 903 times)

Offline Cupid Stuntz

Just noticed there is now another option to log into UKP.

Is anyone signed up for this 'OpenID'? Seems like a good (ish) idea but I'm always a tad suspicious.

Signed up for YOTI a few months ago and this seems to be a bit like that? This link explains it but it seems biased.

External Link/Members Only

Thanks for any info.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline HumphryB

well, because of the nature of this site I use an entirely unique username/password set from anywhere else i go. Theres many mundane sites i use the same usernames and password combos which match up, but I reckon itd be prudent to keep this place in its own wee shelf, unless im missing something  :unknown:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:26:24 am by HumphryB »

Offline Cupid Stuntz

well, because of the nature of this site I use an entirely unique username/password set from anywhere else i go. Theres many mundane sites i use the same usernames and password combos which match up, but I reckon itd be prudent to keep this place in its own wee shelf, unless im missing something  :unknown:

Thanks, I agree completely.

When logging on earlier I thought a new option to add a password to your profile was on offer until finding you had to make another profile elsewhere.

Offline evg

OpenId has been going on for some time now. I think the third version was released about 5 years ago.

The idea is not bad: you have a main account that you can use to login to other places on the web / mobile apps without having to create a new account. You can choose what the new site “sees” (e.g. only email and not the full name).

It was all the rage a while ago but to me it never seemed to take off. Also the “login with Facebook” or Google similar functionality kinda became the de facto way of having a SSO (single sign on).

Unless your punting email is on a service that acts like an openid provider and you want to link it with your account, it’s probably a bad idea to use it. You don’t want this account to be linked to your real google / Microsoft / yahoo account.

Offline Students Notebook

Just noticed there is now another option to log into UKP.

Is anyone signed up for this 'OpenID'? Seems like a good (ish) idea but I'm always a tad suspicious.

Signed up for YOTI a few months ago and this seems to be a bit like that? This link explains it but it seems biased.

External Link/Members Only

Thanks for an
Hidden Image/Members Only

It's gone.

Offline HumphryB

It's gone and should be treated with heavy caution for a reason. Linking any punting activity to your potential real identity is mega risky. That's why we use punting phones.
Even my account for here was linked to a shitey but secure throwaway email before the new owners recently "unrecognised" that particular outlet and forced me to re register with  a more established global provider or sacrafice the account. Kinda pissed me off, cause its seems like fishing for info and data or whatever.

Offline Cupid Stuntz

It's gone and should be treated with heavy caution for a reason. Linking any punting activity to your potential real identity is mega risky. That's why we use punting phones.
Even my account for here was linked to a shitey but secure throwaway email before the new owners recently "unrecognised" that particular outlet and forced me to re register with  a more established global provider or sacrafice the account. Kinda pissed me off, cause its seems like fishing for info and data or whatever.

Interesting. I had no intention of signing up for this 'openid' thing for that very reason.

Also have a 'throwaway' email addy for this forum, AW etc, luckily it was acceptable to the new bosses.

Offline Head1

• Site Owner
  • Reviews: 0
I found it in my admin last night and wondered what it was so enabled it
Have disabled now