Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Nothing is secret anymore.  (Read 2996 times)

Offline paper7

Anybody with an iPhone will find this article a worthwhile read.

External Link/Members Only

satyromaniac

I don’t know why everyone is kicking up a fuss about this. iPhones have tracked your location for as long as I can remember. It’s easy to deactivate it and the information is not shared. It’s purely to assist you if you are using navigation a lot.
Also if you have it activated, to access the information you have to input a password or fingerprint scan. So it’s secure on your phone.

Online southcoastpunter

It’s easy to deactivate it

Is it? i have never had "location services" switched on because of fears of being tracked - but just followed the procedure stated in the article and it produced a list of places i have been - both in the uk and abroad. Granted the data may not have been "shared" but still makes me feel uncomfortable.

Offline freeze44

Is it? i have never had "location services" switched on because of fears of being tracked - but just followed the procedure stated in the article and it produced a list of places i have been - both in the uk and abroad. Granted the data may not have been "shared" but still makes me feel uncomfortable.

:thumbsup: agree and could be a thing is a partner asks about it. Cheers to the op for the info.

Offline Gordon Bennett

Google Maps on Android phones does more or less the same. Nothing to fear though: you can uninstall altogether OR turn off Timeline and/or location tracking OR just edit individual parts of your day.
I personally like it and choose the latter option and delete the stop it records me making at say, Village in Warrington. Just part of the post-punt cleansing of call list, WhatsApp messages and car SatNav. It's not really hard to do really.

Offline s0whatsnew?

Both iphone and android share your location with your sim provider WHETHER YOU HAVE LOCATION SERVICES TURNED ON OR NOT.  Phone service providers are legally obliged to store all location, call, txt etc info for 2 years.

Offline paper7

Already a thread on this.

https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=241502.0
Thanks. Didn't know, just thought people needed to be aware. In short your every move is known to someone somewhere!

Online Waterhouse

Thanks. Didn't know, just thought people needed to be aware. In short your every move is known to someone somewhere!
You're not wrong... defo food for thought.  Cheers for the link to article though... useful to know.  Concerning as per a previous post that even with Loc.Svcs disabled, the SIM still relays location to the mobile provider who is obliged to store it for however long.  Not sure if this is done by handset GPS or cell tower triangulation if everything is disabled on the handset.

Looking at the data I worked out in any given month that when it comes to spending time under a roof and being indoors, my four main "hot-spots" are typically my home, my local supermarket, my work's main HQ (I mainly WFH though) and my regular's place - in that order. 

Could certainly raise an awkward question or three if my better half ever saw it and thought to ask about the fourth location.  Lol.

MrArmagh

ive known this for years. and its never bothered me until recently.

as a delivery driver but doing the same routes most days/ weeks my phones maps have started to give me alerts to saying like '38 minutes to home' or '10 minutes to (enter address) anytime I'm at the stop before going there you know.

any way it last week said I was 15 minutes away from an address and it was a punting house I visited a few months ago. I don't remember putting in my address to google maps or anything. lucky the mrs wasn't in the car at the time but still I could have been caught.

Online OakTree

Even without a smart phone you’re tracked or logged at different locations. If you drive, your number plate would of been picked up by cameras. Then there’s the risk of traffic violations. Even if you go by public transport you’ll probably be picked up by cctv. If you use your debit card, that will be logged. Infact the debit card is a definite one to watch. I drew some cash out near a visit one time and it comes up on the statement where you withdrew the cash. It’s almost impossible to completely duck the radar nowadays.

Offline Home Alone

I've said it before; I'll doubtless say it again; I couldn't be a punter if I were married/cohabiting. I - kinda! - admire you guys who get away with it.

I'm all right at concocting in advance a cover story which family and friends find convincing - e.g. explaining how I met the blonde stunner whò came to my 70th birthday party. But I know that suddenly having to come up with an explanation for why I'm in a town 40 miles away from home when I bump into an old friend who lives there or telling an OH what I was doing withdrawing money from a  ATM in a town she wouldn't have expected me to be in is beyond me. :blush:

Wooderz

I've said it before; I'll doubtless say it again; I couldn't be a punter if I were married/cohabiting. I - kinda! - admire you guys who get away with it.

I'm all right at concocting in advance a cover story which family and friends find convincing - e.g. explaining how I met the blonde stunner whò came to my 70th birthday party. But I know that suddenly having to come up with an explanation for why I'm in a town 40 miles away from home when I bump into an old friend who lives there or telling an OH what I was doing withdrawing money from a  ATM in a town she wouldn't have expected me to be in is beyond me. :blush:
I have no difficultly explaining such. I just say I am visiting a prostitute..  :P

Seems a dumb thing to say if you actually are.. But having always used such humour and being known for it, people usually assume I am finding a polite and humorous way of saying "mind your own effing business"..

Still stuck for an excuse? Loads of people buy and sell all manner of goods online these days. You can always be checking some old collectable you might be buying out somewhere, helping an old mate fix his curtain rail, looking at the boiler pressure on a young lady heating system..

Few people pry and those who do are deemed rude anyway..

Offline NelsonH

I actually started an eBay business as a cover story.  I'm often delivering/collecting items.

Something small but heavy is ideal.  Then the petrol is less than the postage.  And of course some sellers require "collection in person".  You always get a good price on these because bidders don't bother.

Wooderz

Prepare excuses in advance.. a few mins of considered thought can make all the difference when one is caught on the job.. :lol:

Offline Laudanum

This is quite a good site about what Google and Android know about you:

External Link/Members Only

The location services one is really interesting as it can track exactly where you've been for years and at what time (if you have your phone with you), unless you turn location off.

Offline funfungoodguy

see the other recent thread on this (link above) - turning location of will not stop you being traced.

satyromaniac

see the other recent thread on this (link above) - turning location of will not stop you being traced.

So what? Is this really news to everyone? iPhones have traced your locations since they were capable too.
As long as you and you alone have access to your phone then what’s the big fucking deal?  :unknown:
To access the information on your phone, you have to enter your passcode and or a fingerprint scan.
So the missus won’t be able to see any of it.
 Also I’d never allow myself to exist in a relationship where the checking of each other’s phones was a thing. Just shows that you are not happy or right for each other.
If your partner has suspicions about you then you are not being careful enough.

Anyway hasn’t everyone got a secret punting phone??

Offline Laudanum

Interesting to read, but personally I'm not that fussed as I'm not married and not doing anything illegal. It doesn't seem to be 100% accurate, either, as Google think I live at my neighbours house. I'm not about top correct them.  :)