Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: STI testing advice  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Don_ak

Hi all having previously lived alone I have always had an sti test posted to me which I use.

Since the pandemic I have had to move in with some family..I'm now  in a serious relationship so wanted to get checked for peace of mind. Any advice on best way getting checked during covid? Asked pharmacies for over the counter tests but had no luck.

nB. I am not showing any symptoms to suggest, and I usually go OW.

Any advice?

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider
Hi all having previously lived alone I have always had an sti test posted to me which I use.

Since the pandemic I have had to move in with some family..I'm now  in a serious relationship so wanted to get checked for peace of mind. Any advice on best way getting checked during covid? Asked pharmacies for over the counter tests but had no luck.

Any advice?

Superdrug online doctor

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Phone you nearest GUM clinic and see what they say. They are the experts. 

If you fail in your quest for medical advice on a punting forum you could always try looking on the NHS website and see what they say.

Hidden Image/Members Only
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 10:40:40 pm by daviemac »

Online Jonestown

The postal test comes in a plain package, no one would know what it was unless they had done one themselves; should anyone query it just say its a diabetes test you have done periodically, just don't get caught with the swab up your ass.

Anyway, whats wrong with getting tested out at the start of a serious relationship, just to make sure everything is copasetic ?

Offline Don_ak

Thanks all for the advice, and because I've never had any condom.wplit and because I only go OW and am symptomless was kind of in two minds. But I think I'll give my GUM clinic a call.and see what they say.

Offline PunterNumber69

Do a mail order test. They're discreet and quick turnaround for results.

Offline AlwaysLooking

Do a mail order test. They're discreet and quick turnaround for results.

Don't seem to cover my postcode (Warwickshire)

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider

Yes many areas are not eligible for the free SH:24 service instead they refer to Fettle a pay per test service. I have used Fettle for a couple of tests very quick and efficient, however for what I call 'Full Monty' screening the cost can up to significantly more than their initial quote.

Offline Lou2019

• Service Provider

I previously suggested above Superdrug online doctor.

Offline lillythesavage

Any advice?

Not ideal but if it is really playing on your mind, call the Gum clinic, tell them you have symptoms or have had high risk sex. You will probably get a same day appointment and be the only one there. They are still working but only taking appointments for those at high risk or showing signs.

Offline anonymouse72

Not ideal but if it is really playing on your mind, call the Gum clinic, tell them you have symptoms or have had high risk sex. You will probably get a same day appointment and be the only one there. They are still working but only taking appointments for those at high risk or showing signs.

Agreed. Tell them you have stinging when urinating and that you've had unprotected sex with a civvy. They will post you a test for free. Did the same thing myself last August. All clear thankfully and just a small razor blade nick to speed up the blood sample procedure. Try to return it on a Monday as the sample sits doing nothing for the weekend if not processed by the Friday and the blood can congeal rendering it untestable.

Offline londonroad

I used test.me in October. Arrived in plain packaging. Fairly quick service. I will use them again. Cost was about £45.

Offline Cheiftain

Superdrug will deliver it to your local post office

Offline Bonker

Fuck your girlfriend a few times then make her go and get a test.

Online Colston36

Fuck your girlfriend a few times then make her go and get a test.

Very droll.....

Offline Apu

Has anyone had issues with doing the blood test?

I was given 3 finger prick type things to collect some blood.
Problem is, after 1 hour I hadn't collected enough blood. Getting 6 drops or so doesn't fill the tube.
Those things don't really work.

So I just posted my urine test.
No blood sample because its impossible.

Banned reason: Undesirable perverted fantasist
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Captain caveman 69

Doing the blood test is impossible if you dont know what your doing. There's a virgincare online video knocking about utube.
You have do a bit of exercise for 5 minutes then put your hands in very warm water for 2 minutes.  Dry them off prick your thumb then make sure you stand up with your arms downwards it works blood just fills that tub in 2 minutes.  You have to squeeze then let go till .

Much better than visiting a clinic just keep at it :hi:

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider

Problem is, after 1 hour I hadn't collected enough blood. Getting 6 drops or so doesn't fill the tube.

Yes I struggled with this at first the test kits send by an outreach now use blood spot sample which is much easier.

For the type you have the following is the procedure I had to use;

Get very warm, heating up, thick clothes on, perform warm up exercises. Put hand under warm water tap. Then prick side of finger, start squeezing and use a lot of patience. I can get half a phial from the first finger, then repeat a second finger. I drag the finger down the side of the tube to detach each droplet. Don't shake the tube like I once did, perform the gentle inversions if they are in the instructions.

Finger is likely to be sore for a day or two.

The blood spot sample kits only require a dab from your finger directly onto 5 circles on a piece of blotting paper. So much easier.

Offline Captain caveman 69

Them dab kits sound great unfortunately my care provider doesn't use them yet but as i said the other method works if you do it correctly.

Online Strawberry

• Service Provider
Them dab kits sound great unfortunately my care provider doesn't use them yet but as i said the other method works if you do it correctly.

Yes I had to put aside time, watch the videos, think and put everything into it!

Offline Jomoore

I also struggled the first time with the little tool used to prick the skin.  I was convinced I was going to fail, but renewed efforts at warming up and making sure I held my arm downwards, then it slowly filled up.  It's a right faff though.

Offline stewpid

I had problems getting a blood sample too. I'm not much of an easy bleeder anyway so found it impossible to get anything into the tube the last time i used one. Ended up paying £80 for a private test in the end  :dash:

With covid (and more and more local GUMs closing even before that) home testing is where the NHS want to push sexual health so I'll have to persevere using the tips given here.

Offline Vic69

• Service Provider
All the above, exercise, get warm, get a hot drink and warm your fingers up on it, that helps.

Offline Hobbit

All the above, exercise, get warm, get a hot drink and warm your fingers up on it, that helps.

And stand upside down on one hand whilst holding your left nostril shut. That should work. :hi:

Offline Vic69

• Service Provider
And stand upside down on one hand whilst holding your left nostril shut. That should work. :hi:

I'll give that a go next time :D

Offline AlwaysLooking

Once I've managed to build up the courage to prick myself, then by just standing up and massaging my finger I can always get enough blood out to fill the little tube. Must have done 3 or 4 of the tests by now via post.

Offline londonroad

The test.me kit I used in October gave instructions about how to get the blood sample. From memory said to give hands a long wash in hot water before making the finger prick - blooded then flowed well for me. Make sure got plaster ready to put on the finger.  Good luck!

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Nip into the workshop pick up either stanley knife or scapel, just trim that bit of plastic that doesnt quite fit -m slip shout !!Fuckit !!! grab tissues to staunch the pints of blood flying, around job dome:)

Its a weekley occurance here!!!