Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: An alternative to a punting phone....a sip softphone  (Read 2211 times)

Offline SirNigel

There is an alternative to needing a 2nd mobile phone for punting. Just use a soft phone. Plenty of SIP providers out there.....works a treat. Just search SIP phone in the App Store.

No excuses as to why you have 2 phones. Simples.

Offline Turtle1

Been there, done that. I personally think it's best to have a separate phone, using soft phones ( basically using the Interweb to make calls from a computer or a smart phone ) has its down fall. There are hundreds of apps out there that will let you do this but say you're in an area that has no internet coverage and you need to call a WG to say you're on her road?

Offline tantric talents

What format of number appears on the wg's phone for her to text back?
Is she likely to ignore it/ be suspicious?  :hi:
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 05:02:02 pm by tantric talents »

LL

I think this is a great idea. OP, have you used any of them personally? Any you can recommend. I'm interested in ditching my punting phone as it's bound to catch me out sooner or later

Offline SirNigel

Phone only as far as I'm aware - no texting. The sip provider generates an 01 or 02 phone number.

When you dial out it appears as a landline....no tracing back.

So many providers/apps out there - iSIP, Zoiper....all similar

Offline SirNigel

It really is a great alternative - nothing can be traced back. I'm in the IT industry and struggling to see any downsides/ways of the smartphone catching us out.

Offline SirNigel

Yes....only downside is that you do need Wifi or a 3/4G connection. That said, 3/4G coverage very good. Hey, not for everyone but could work.

sunday

I have found the sound quality quite poor with SIP on my smartphone. It could be a problem with the free app I use CSipSimple, but the reviews on the Android Play Store give it a high rating.

jcdmj12

IMO you should never go anywhere near punting contacts on your main phone - too many opportunities to fuck up, and once your number is out there, you're fooked.

There are so many legitimate reasons for a second phone, use one of those.

Offline Stalinator

Many working girls won't answer landlines.

LL

Many working girls won't answer landlines.
You can set an 07 number as your SIP endpoint.
I don't have any experience of this yet, but Googled it.

Offline G.Raff

It sounds like  a great idea but it has too many disadvantages for example no SMS.
Also that will mean that you can't separate the two lines in terms of avoiding geolocation detection etc

Generally speaking my advice is to always go lo-tech, i.e. a basic Nokia phone, set a pin lock, and regularly delete all your txts etc.
It's a bit of hard work but it will also remind you not to be complacent. 

DannyJames

It's good information but if you are having to download an app then that surely means you have a smartphone. That in itself brings its own issues (already documented elsewhere).

Offline Mansell

Biggest problem in the NE would be lack of 3G in some areas. One place I can think of barely gets 2G  :dash:

Offline Zeusthedoc

It really is a great alternative - nothing can be traced back. I'm in the IT industry and struggling to see any downsides/ways of the smartphone catching us out.

Cant quite tell if you're being sarcastic. Your second comment suggests that maybe you're being serious.
Smartphones log pretty much anything and everything that you do. Yes you can delete them but there are a million and one things to remember to dom you're better off getting a dumbphone that you can dump at a moments notice!

LL

Biggest problem in the NE would be lack of 3G in some areas. One place I can think of barely gets 2G  :dash:
My punting phone is on Three as that's much cheaper than the other networks for pay-as-you-go. This already requires a 3G connection as Three do not support 2G (GSM/GPRS). So for me there would be no difference in terms of network coverage required for usage.

The main advantage for me with having a soft punting phone would be that it would always be available to me, even for spur-of-the-moment punts (and I don't routinely have my separate punting phone with me).

Offline smiths

There is an alternative to needing a 2nd mobile phone for punting. Just use a soft phone. Plenty of SIP providers out there.....works a treat. Just search SIP phone in the App Store.

A punter doesn't need two phones anyway, just a punting sim, that can work a treat as well. But its good to see other options posted about. :thumbsup:

Online akauya

Or you can use a dual sim phone and only activate the punting sim as and when you need it.

Even simpler.

Offline seeker

No sms is I big problem
A lot of girls use sms for coms
So until that is sorted it's the old Nokia for me .

vw

Or you can use a dual sim phone and only activate the punting sim as and when you need it.

Even simpler.
Just don't have Facebook on your normal phone, dual sims are pure dangerous with the Facebook snoops.

Offline od13218

No sms is I big problem
A lot of girls use sms for coms
So until that is sorted it's the old Nokia for me .
+1
So many punts for me involve a quick call followed by a text of the postcode. Sometimes all coms by text if the wg doesn't answer. So no sms = no deal for me

Online akauya

Just don't have Facebook on your normal phone, dual sims are pure dangerous with the Facebook snoops.

Which I don't. Same goes for twatter, snapchat and all that social media crap. I always delete all that shit from my phones. I never understood why some guys feel the need to 'follow' some prossie's twatter feeds or make them friends on facebook.

When it comes to social media I don't exist.  :cool:

vw

Which I don't. Same goes for twatter, snapchat and all that social media crap. I always delete all that shit from my phones. I never understood why some guys feel the need to 'follow' some prossie's twatter feeds or make them friends on facebook.

That's good for you, my point is many do so a dual sim phone would  be dangerous for those types. 

Offline smiths

I am not on social media sites like those anyway, fucking boring crap in my view, but the one reason I know a few punters are members is to get a discount off a WG or brothel, HOD used to give a code on their Twatter I think it was. ;)

Online akauya

I am not on social media sites like those anyway, fucking boring crap in my view, but the one reason I know a few punters are members is to get a discount off a WG or brothel, HOD used to give a code on their Twatter I think it was. ;)

I see, I didn't know that. I do remember HOD gave you a punter number and if you punted three times they would give you a £10 discount, then the number of punts went up to four to get a discount, then five. Not sure if they are still doing that "promotion" because I never followed it up.

Offline Mansell

That's good for you, my point is many do so a dual sim phone would  be dangerous for those types.

Your so right and it's not just Facebook, but Google etc etc. Bought an android tablet to go with android phone, turned it on, asked for my Google info, soon as I put that it wham loads of stuff came flooding across, since then I have been checking more and it's also sharing with the laptop as I use Chrome on there. So pleased I use a brick & PAYG sim.  :D :D

Offline seeker

Windows 10
Will  link your email  password
To your log in on your computer
And
Everything else :dash: :dash:
A sure way to get your nuts cut off ,one slip and your nutless..
A Good old Nokia with a battery that lasts for weeks for me  :thumbsup:

vw

Your so right and it's not just Facebook, but Google etc etc. Bought an android tablet to go with android phone, turned it on, asked for my Google info, soon as I put that it wham loads of stuff came flooding across, since then I have been checking more and it's also sharing with the laptop as I use Chrome on there. So pleased I use a brick & PAYG sim.  :D :D
All useful stuff unless you have something to hide !

Offline tantric talents

+1
So many punts for me involve a quick call followed by a text of the postcode. Sometimes all coms by text if the wg doesn't answer. So no sms = no deal for me
Yes I have to agree and it's been the case for the last 10 punts at least!
They do like to text their postcode before that outside the door/ in the street call.

Offline claretandblue

Never heard of a sip soft phone ,so does this mean your main phone number will be engaged /out of service when the sip is in action?

Offline SirNigel

I suppose if you are not logged into it, it will either go to voicemail (if enabled) or ring dead (if not logged in).