Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Fire-Sticks, streaming Premier League football illegally  (Read 623 times)

Offline myothernameis

Looks like the Spanish Courts have now taken action where football is being illegally stream.  The Spanish Courts have signed warrants to reveal the IP address of anyone watching or streaming to La Liga illegally

Currently in the UK the police are only going after the sellers of Fire Sticks, with illegal software.   But now with the Spanish courts issuing warrants for IP addresses, this could also soon impact in the UK, and UK courts sign warrants to reveal IP of anyone watching  the Premier League football illegally

Now if the police knock at someones door, and tells them, we have to caution anything you say, maybe used against you.   But the house owner says, I dont even have a fire stick, but please remember you leave a electronic trail, which tie to your account

I see Fire Sticks being advertised on Facebook, and they already have been jailbreaked, and by the replies plenty of person interested in buying one, even asking if there legal

Offline badsin

Might happen, think it's a system called Plex that can be added to tre firstick as an app.
However this app can be added as an app to any device, chromecast etc.
From the amount of people I know who have them the police would be overwhelmed.
Haven't got time to attend burglaries etc, so how they'll actually police this I have no Idea.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 03:55:19 pm by badsin »

Offline PepeMAGA

To me it's the responsibility of the software, channel or web page owner to make sure content is legal, not the consumer. You'll often get streams of events, videos etc that have ads on the page, a professional look etc, so it's not always easy to know if something is legal or not. Sometimes whole events are on YouTube, which the end consumer should be able to trust, but who's to say it's meeting copyright requirements or they have permission to show it?

Offline Blackpool Rock

About time a major American player came in and shook up sports viewing in the UK and hopefully managed to get rid of Sky

£10/mth watch unlimited Prem footy, even i'd be happy to pay that  :hi:

Offline Markus

You know that absolutely shocking that is how cheap it is to watch premier league games in other countries.   In South Africa,  a friend of mine told me that they released unlimited premier league matches for the equivalent of £2.50 a month (it is mobile only but still that’s excellent).  The overseas rights for our premier league games are sold for peanuts, it’s only in this country where it is sold for £5bn and therefore they have to shaft each and every one of us.   I’m not surprised people take to these measures and I doubt releasing IP addresses would assist as most people can just hide the IP addresses through VPNs like they do to watch Netflix for cheap in turkey for etc.

We get absolutely buggered in this country for the amount we have to pay to watch our most beloved sport.   

Online timsussex

not to mention the inability to watch games at 3pm on a saturday in this country

no wonder there are more Manure supporters abroad than in Manchester

Offline SonofAJohn

Those fire-sticks are a Godsend. Fuck the legalities of it. They give you every channel, every country for a annual fee. The consumer benefits are incredible, forget about these multi-national cartels and enjoy that Arabic commentary.

"Onana, oohhh, Onana, ohhh!"

Online Darren101

Might happen, think it's a system called Plex that can be added to tre firstick as an app.
However this app can be added as an app to any device, chromecast etc.
From the amount of people I know who have them the police would be overwhelmed.
Haven't got time to attend burglaries etc, so how they'll actually police this I have no Idea.

I think Kodi.  I used to use it for movies but it was possible to install add-ons for Live streams of sports. Plex, I've never used but it's a media library type app and you have to have files. Can also use to share your media library with friends and strangers. Don't think it can do live sport streams but I might be wrong.

To me it's the responsibility of the software, channel or web page owner to make sure content is legal, not the consumer. You'll often get streams of events, videos etc that have ads on the page, a professional look etc, so it's not always easy to know if something is legal or not. Sometimes whole events are on YouTube, which the end consumer should be able to trust, but who's to say it's meeting copyright requirements or they have permission to show it?

That's difficult if it's peer to peer or using private servers. If the consumer is looking for content this way, they would be well aware it's not official.   

Provider of the server/stream should be the one responsible but I think authorities find it difficult to track as they can be behind proxy services or from abroad. So now they want to scare the consumers. Doubt they can arrest everyone but if they make an example of a few then many might think twice in the future.

I'm assume YouTube would be quick to remove illegal streams.

Also there's IPTV boxes.  Never used but those are probably worse than foresticks for Sports stream piracy. Never used but have seen them about
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 11:07:13 pm by Darren101 »

Offline hairdownthere

Also there's IPTV boxes.  Never used but those are probably worse than foresticks for Sports stream piracy. Never used but have seen them about

I know a few folk with hacked Firesticks, ironically most of them are coppers, they have the IPTV app downloaded on the Firestick.

Endless amounts of content, but I found the quality of the stream to be quite jerky, even at those who have high speed fibre

Offline Sparta Prada

I know a few folk with hacked Firesticks, ironically most of them are coppers, they have the IPTV app downloaded on the Firestick.

Endless amounts of content, but I found the quality of the stream to be quite jerky, even at those who have high speed fibre

I have IPTV via a firestick. IMO the key to getting a good stream is using a wired connection so the stream is stable which is more reliable than trying to stream over Wi-Fi. Sure the service isn’t perfect but when you’re paying £35 a year for pretty much everything I’ll overlook the five seconds of buffering that happens once during a football match.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 08:44:27 am by Sparta Prada »

Online Darren101

Yeah, know it was possible.  Are they also KODI addons or another App?

I have a Fire stick but only use legit stuff nowadays.  Can’t be bothered to hack it.  Too many dead links and mostly low quality content although did manage to watch a fair few programmes and movies back in day.  I never paid for any subscription though. Not really a football persson so just watch whats available on the official channels.  Most of what I watch now is netflix, disney, prime.

The choppy streams might be due to too much demand but sounds like it’s not too bad with a paid subscription. The free ones are notoriously bad of course in terms of reliabilty and quality.

Offline fastcar669

The press seem to keep mentioning firestick users but thats probably pushed by amazon as they get involved with live streaming of more sporting events. Any android box does the job and Amazon has no control on them.

It is perfectly legal to own a hacked firestick so no fear of the law there. As for getting raided for using one to watch content, I doubt very much that would happen, there are literally millions at it in this country. The IPTV suppliers have been done but again, very very few. West Mercia police force took a bit of action with a few arrests but the press coverage far outweighs the numbers involved.

Remember, its in media companies interests to put the fear of god into you for streaming.

Online Darren101

Supposedly it's been on for years with movie and TV series piracy.  It was a warning letter from your ISP.  Not many that I heard of. Just enough to have some new publicity as a scare tactic

A few sellers of Android TV / IP TV boxes were prosecuted here and there also but only the bigger sellers.

Offline clittielicker

Those fire-sticks are a Godsend. Fuck the legalities of it. They give you every channel, every country for a annual fee. The consumer benefits are incredible, forget about these multi-national cartels and enjoy that Arabic commentary.

"Onana, oohhh, Onana, ohhh!"
Looks like you need to change provider, I have mostly english commentary inc 3pm K.O. and most of this is in 4K. I see so much football on tv I cannot see it all. On sat afternoons I have the choice of 40+ matches at 3pm and sometimes I don't bother with some of them as there is too much choice. Wed night I didn't even watch Bayern v Arsenal or City v Madrid as I prefer football to be played the way it used to. All this Pep and Klopp stuff has ruined the game.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 10:53:04 am by clittielicker »