Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: thedoctorsclinic - review of private STI testing  (Read 347 times)

Offline thumbspot

Background is that my preferred GUM clinic closed down, and other preferred sensible options will only see you if you have symptoms. The new trend seems to be advocating posting you 'test and home' kits, but I'm not a fan for the risk of things coming to my address, the potential need to use your own personal information, the concept of bleeding myself, and the risk of things going wrong with the test.

So, after much though (and the need to get rapid results), I went for a private STI screen. I visited the Barbican branch of thedoctorsclinic ( External Link/Members Only ) after making an appointment online the previous day. Very easy online booking option, where I was able to use my punting name/email/phone and gave them a fake DOB and address. As long as you actually have access to the email address and remember the DOB provided you'll be fine. Indicated on the form that I wanted a urine/blood STI test and gave basic medical history.

The Barbican office is located within a private dental practice, so for anyone knows you are getting your teeth cleaned. Immediately outside the tube exit after turning left. Straight into a private room with no waiting, and confirmed what services I wanted. Helpful Dr said he was seeing a lot people for private screens because GUM clinics were closing. He also said he was seeing people who had unequivocal results from home testing with the recommendation to get another test performed.

Paid £250 (£50 for Dr appointment, and £200 for tests) in cash to the Dr who gave me a pot for urine and took the blood himself. All in all I was in and out in under 5minutes (bit like some of my punts). Received an email with link to results about 4hrs later. Access to the link is using the DOB provided and helpfully the opening page says "no positive results", with the second page breaking down the individual tests.

Ok, so I've spanked out £250 for something I technically could have got for free on the NHS with a little more effort, but I wanted same day results.

Thought this review might help anyone just to confirm the ability to use fake details, and the digression of the clinic used.

Online shaved_guy

What about Dean Street Express?  Same timelines and free  :drinks:

Online hendrix

What about Dean Street Express?  Same timelines and free  :drinks:

It's increasingly difficult to get an appointment at DSE in my experience. Considering the private route myself.