Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: STI tests from Online Pharmacies  (Read 739 times)

Offline Country Lad

Has anyone used the Tests or Remedies which are available form Online Pharmacies including Superdrug and Lloyds ?
Obviously you pay a premium for to service but I'm considering giving it a go as an alternative to travelling away from my local area for my regular GUM clinic check up.

Offline Nice_guy

I've used a gonorrhea and chlamydia test kit from Superdrug I think. You have to piss in a tube and send it back.  I was terrified it would leak on the way back to the lab. I've also used a hiv test kit from External Link/Members Only. That one was easier it's like the one you get at a Gum clinic you just prick your finger then wait about 15 minutes I think. As you said you do pay a premium for the tests but I didn't want to go to a clinic.

Ive never had to get any treatments from online but I think if it came to that I would go to a gum clinic because you get it right then and there. The only other thing I've ordered from Superdrug was priligy.

Gatchaman

The Superdrug urine test looks to be the the same type of NAAT test as the GUM clinics use, so it should be just as accurate.

The downside is the cost and the time taken to post the tube to you, and for you to return it, then the delay in getting antibiotics if it's positive.  If it's gonorrhoea, the treatment of choice includes an injection so you'll need to go and see someone anyway.

The GUM clinic will do additional tests (including collecting a sample to examine with a microscope) and may well give you antibiotics there and then based on the results.  They may also do a blood test for viruses like Hepatitis or HIV.

If you have symptoms, I'd say go to the clinic.  If you just want a peace of mind check the kit is probably good enough.

Offline Country Lad

The Superdrug urine test looks to be the the same type of NAAT test as the GUM clinics use, so it should be just as accurate.

The downside is the cost and the time taken to post the tube to you, and for you to return it, then the delay in getting antibiotics if it's positive.  If it's gonorrhoea, the treatment of choice includes an injection so you'll need to go and see someone anyway.

The GUM clinic will do additional tests (including collecting a sample to examine with a microscope) and may well give you antibiotics there and then based on the results.  They may also do a blood test for viruses like Hepatitis or HIV.

If you have symptoms, I'd say go to the clinic.  If you just want a peace of mind check the kit is probably good enough.

No symptoms thankfully but I do get checked regularly and use a clinic away from my local area for discretion. Might give this a go will cost me a bit more but sounds quite convenient.