Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: An infographic on the year of a life of a $1000 an hour whore  (Read 7681 times)

vorian

When posters start throwing around that kind of language as malicious insults I just switch off and ignore whatever useful input they might have.  If someone cannot have a reasonable discussion without swearing and insulting the other members, just because they have a different experience or point of view, they simply have no credibility or value.

Same with this thread https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=24725.msg359489#msg359489

Yes you are right Lex,  imho swearing has an impact but I try to only use it when discussing a third person or it is an obvious friendly joke. It is important to maintain a level of respect to other members unless they are being completely outrageous.  It is very difficult and ultimately down to the skills of Nike and Adam I would say they get it right the vast majority of the time. Saying that UKPs edge does give it an important identity Imo.

Offline NIK

It is a an extremely difficult balancing act. Some members accuse of us going too fluffy, whilst the majority of the online paid sex community regard UKP as beyond the pale. You can't please everyone all the time.
UKP will never become a fluffy site but we will not tolerate members whose constant language and attitude, whether by design or accident, brings us into disrepute. 
We are in enough already!   :cool:

As I say I am neither a Neanderthal nor a Fluffy, and the sensible punter will try to straddle that fine line.  ;)

Online akauya

It is a an extremely difficult balancing act. Some members accuse of us going too fluffy, whilst the majority of the online paid sex community regard UKP as beyond the pale. You can't please everyone all the time.
UKP will never become a fluffy site but we will not tolerate members whose constant language and attitude, whether by design or accident, brings us into disrepute. 
We are in enough already!   :cool:

As I say I am neither a Neanderthal nor a Fluffy, and the sensible punter will try to straddle that fine line.  ;)

Couldn't agree more with those comments.

I really didn't mind the language used by HR that much and he was indeed funny despite the expletives but it seemed a bit odd to me that he laid low for a few months since joining UKP then all of a sudden sprung into action in a extreme way. That's what got my alarm bells ringing and his attitude to some members. Had it not been for that we wouldn't have noticed.

No one can accuse UKP of being fluffy, likewise we can't be accused of being misogynists. I think NIK and Adam have found a good balance. Yes there are a few fluffies an a few neanderthals now and again but if you all look properly the vast majority are sensible punters trying to give and get as much useful info on the hobby to avoid scammers and dodgy providers.

I really don't envy Adam and NIK as it must be hard controlling what is obviously a thriving forum.

vorian

Couldn't agree more with those comments.

I really didn't mind the language used by HR that much and he was indeed funny despite the expletives but it seemed a bit odd to me that he laid low for a few months since joining UKP then all of a sudden sprung into action in a extreme way. That's what got my alarm bells ringing and his attitude to some members. Had it not been for that we wouldn't have noticed.

No one can accuse UKP of being fluffy, likewise we can't be accused of being misogynists. I think NIK and Adam have found a good balance. Yes there are a few fluffies an a few neanderthals now and again but if you all look properly the vast majority are sensible punters trying to give and get as much useful info on the hobby to avoid scammers and dodgy providers.

I really don't envy Adam and NIK as it must be hard controlling what is obviously a thriving forum.

Very well put, also when you throw the prossie posters hassle into the mix I do not envy Nik and Adam for a second,  also worth pointing out there are only two of them and UKP gets bigger every day, whilst PN has loads of mods and  far fewer members/posts/moral standards, to deal with.

Online cunnyhunt

but it seemed a bit odd to me that he laid low for a few months since joining UKP then all of a sudden sprung into action in a extreme way. That's what got my alarm bells ringing and his attitude to some members. Had it not been for that we wouldn't have noticed.

I noticed that too. Registered on Oct 20th 2013 then first post was 24th Jan 14 with regular posting since then. I thought it might be a troll sleeper account by his posting style, funny but with darker undertones of disrespect towards members, the same as in the past where UKP has tried to be discredited.

fredpunter

That is the key to it and there is little evidence the member was genuine. Apart from anything else he repeatedly broke the rule about behaviour towards other members.

For the record I'm not keen on the word 'whore' myself - sooner have 'prossy'!   :D

Having spotted that he had failed to read and understand previous posts on at least three different threads before diving in and slagging people off I was interested to see if he actually had anything useful to contribute. I haven't read all his posts, god forbid, but never did spot anything useful. I had him down as a troll, and if I was right, he was quite well fed by a few folk on here before being shown the door.

Offline mattylondon

I quite liked him. Some of his posts were amusing. Perhaps he'd have toned down the swears with some guidance. Is this a case were a temporary ban could be useful?
I agree. A bit too much cunt here and cunt there, but that word has been used by many. Perhaps it was the sheer volume? I found a lot of his posts very astute about prossie behaviour and amusing. I'm pretty certain this was a man. The problem perhaps was the excessive swearing directed at other members?

That said, I did think he was pretty stupid to repeat and post up allegations about who punters might be. I'm very surprised that this was allowed to slip through the net, regardless of the truth of it. It sets a very dangerous precedent, as does the linking of punters to other nics elsewhere. Both are effectively giving people a green light to go around digging. I'm not going to second guess the mods reason for banning him.

But it was the posting up of those allegations, which made me wonder what his real agenda was, as you know. :unknown:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:05:15 pm by mattylondon »

Offline mattylondon

When posters start throwing around that kind of language as malicious insults I just switch off and ignore whatever useful input they might have. If someone cannot have a reasonable discussion without swearing and insulting the other members, just because they have a different experience or point of view, they simply have no credibility or value.

Same with this thread https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=24725.msg359489#msg359489
But what constitutes abusive or insulting language? On any forum, it's ultimately the moderators who decide, not the members. 

For example, if I openly call you a wanker, the insult it clear. However, if I employ a smarter way of calling you a wanker, it usually gets through. Some people like to go crying to the moderators and quote the rules when it suits them, I fear. Or shit stirring themselves on this thread, in an attempt to get this poster banned. Leave it to the mods.

I also think that grumpyoldgit was pretty stupid myself but hellraiser went too far with the insults. No need for that. However, I wasn't happy that he created a thread claiming to be 'outed', when it then appears a few posts in, he wasn't telling the truth at worst or at best was mistaken.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:26:17 pm by mattylondon »

GrumpyoldGit

But what constitutes abusive or insulting language? On any forum, it's ultimately the moderators who decide, not the members. 

For example, if I openly call you a wanker, the insult it clear. However, if I employ a smarter way of calling you a wanker, it usually gets through. Some people like to go crying to the moderators and quote the rules when it suits them, I fear. Or shit stirring themselves on this thread, in an attempt to get this poster banned. Leave it to the mods.

I also think that grumpyoldgit was pretty stupid myself but hellraiser went too far with the insults. No need for that. However, I wasn't happy that he created a thread claiming to be 'outed', when it then appears a few posts in, he wasn't telling the truth at worst or at best was mistaken.
Yes I was mistaken, that is why I put up post correcting the opening post.
But the woman has taken £200 without paying it back or any intention of doing so.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:33:09 pm by GrumpyoldGit »

Offline mattylondon

Yes I was mistaken, that is why I put up post correcting the opening post.
But the woman has taken £200 without paying it back or any intention of doing so.
Well, then she is a thief and you have been very naive. I didn't agree with him insulting you.

I should give it up, if I was you regarding this girl because you're not getting that money back. If you want to look at it positively, assume the £200 was the price you have paid to have the wool pulled from your eyes about some prossies, learn the lesson and move on.  ;)

GrumpyoldGit

Too true Matty.
I have written it of as an expensive lesson.
I agree the insults from HR were over the top and I don't think anyone deserved the way he threw that about.