Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Recommended GUM clinic  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Ron89

Any recommended free GUM clinics in central London aside from Dean Street? My wild past few weeks seems to have caught up with me.

Offline Mothball15

Have you tried the NHS website for info?

Online hendrix

80 Leadenhall Street in The City was good when I last used it.

Offline Ron89

Obviously Mr Moth. Some clinics are shit, hard to get appointments etc, looking for recommendations.

Offline pa5151

Just go to SHL and order the kit home.

Offline Ron89

80 Leadenhall Street in The City was good when I last used it.
Thanks mate

Offline tony22

Or walk across the bridge to St Thomas / Guys, by London bridge station.

Offline sparkus

Just go to SHL and order the kit home.

That's not great for those with OH's...

Online Waterhouse

St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington have a dedicated GUM building/wing - Jefferiss wing. The only down side when I used it once back in late 2017 was the wait time for walk-in... took hours (no exaggeration). Might be better if you can get an appointment booked beforehand. Otherwise provides a good service.

Offline arrow0404

There is one in Upney Lane, not quite central but walk in and results text to you in a few days

Offline Parry

That's not great for those with OH's...

Just go to the reception at Dean Street and ask for a test kit. The guy behind the counter will give the kit to you. You will need to be logged into your shl account, go through the questions to find out which kit you need, the guy will give you the appropriate kit and ask you to register it on your account there and then. He doesn’t want to know anything about you and you can wear a face mask if you want (one of the benefits of COVID).

Offline sparkus

Just go to the reception at Dean Street and ask for a test kit. The guy behind the counter will give the kit to you. You will need to be logged into your shl account, go through the questions to find out which kit you need, the guy will give you the appropriate kit and ask you to register it on your account there and then. He doesn’t want to know anything about you and you can wear a face mask if you want (one of the benefits of COVID).

I have a 56 Dean Street card from years ago, what's SHI?

Offline bedhedred

Burrell Street

External Link/Members Only

Thanks mate
80 leadenhall Street was turned into a covid testing centre. I was annoyed to discover...

Mortimer Market Centre
External Link/Members Only

« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 10:21:06 pm by bedhedred »

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Obviously Mr Moth. Some clinics are shit, hard to get appointments etc, looking for recommendations.
You'd be surprised how many people don't think of / know about official sites like the NHS one and come straight on here to ask.

As with any request for information if you say where you've already looked it saves repeated suggestions.

Offline Wond3r188

SHL home kit was a good option for my last check up, all main things tested for, one urine and one finger prick blood sample.  Results were about 5-6 days after it going in the post box.  No drama

Offline Shades

SHL home kit was a good option for my last check up, all main things tested for, one urine and one finger prick blood sample.  Results were about 5-6 days after it going in the post box.  No drama

I agree they are very convenient, although the finger prick blood thing is very tedious to extract

Offline Parry

I agree they are very convenient, although the finger prick blood thing is very tedious to extract

I agree it can be difficult but a hot shower followed by vigorous exercise for 10 minutes helps to get the blood flowing. Also put the container for the blood in the slot provided in the packaging for the tube to be returned in. It does make it easier.

Offline Rose_128

• Service Provider
OP,

I hope you are okay by now. I am a bit too late to advise now but I will anyway.

If someone has any symptoms down below, please don't wait for any postal test results. The whole process of receiving the kit and then the results can take even a week and in the meantime it might get more and more painful ( I am not a man but I can imagine it doesn't get better with time ).

Postals are great for people who just want to get themselves routinely tested and don't have time or want to go to GUM and are able to receive them to their address.
If you have any kind of burning/itching/discharge down below then you need to see a doctor right away.

They will take a swab from urethra and after a few minutes tell you what it is as they can see it under microscope I guess. Chlamydia and gonorrhea have different type of treatment so they will start treating you straight away.

If you don't want to go to DSE, there are hospitals across London and outside who have their GUM wing. Homerton Hospital, Leadenhall in the City, Chelsea and Westminster, Hammersmith, St. Mary's, there is one good one in Kingston etc etc. You do a search on website and give them a ring first and since you have symptoms they should be able to see you ASAP.

Covid made things harder in terms of being able to walk in like before, but since you are an urgent case they may still accommodate you straight away. You may have to wait several hours but health is health.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 10:41:10 am by Rose_128 »

Online Waterhouse

The Wolverton Centre at Kingston hospital provide a great service - have used them several times in the past and though they were brilliant.  External Link/Members Only

Offline Rose_128

• Service Provider
Also, if you punt a lot, I would make the postals ( if you can receive them ) a regular thing. Maybe every 2-3 months for your own peace of mind. For example Chlamydia in men doesn't always cause symptoms and it can be carried and undetected for a long time. Don't rely on anyone letting you know, just rely on yourself.

Offline KorbenDallas

Has anyone received the home test from SHL? How discreet is it? I don't want to order one and have the wife seeing a parcel with incriminating wording on the packaging.

Offline Shadow314

Has anyone received the home test from SHL? How discreet is it? I don't want to order one and have the wife seeing a parcel with incriminating wording on the packaging.

Small package.  Non-see through plastic cover with no wording, containing a cardboard box.  It will rattle if shaken given the sample tubes inside.
If worried you could register with a fake name.

Offline sparkus

Small package.  Non-see through plastic cover with no wording, containing a cardboard box.  It will rattle if shaken given the sample tubes inside.
If worried you could register with a fake name.

Even that would elicit suspicion from OH.

I was going to try at work but the cunts often open anything that arrives to "make sure it goes to the right member of staff to deal with".

Offline KorbenDallas

I was going to try at work but the cunts often open anything that arrives to "make sure it goes to the right member of staff to deal with".

Haha, now that would be awkward!

Offline Rose_128

• Service Provider

You can actually collect one from the GUM itself. Dse, 10 Broadway and Leadenhall all do collect service. No need to make an appointment, just walk in and ask at the reception desk for self testing kit and they will give it to you so you can take the test in your office rather than at home for those who can't. Most GUMs including the ones mentioned above are linked with SHL so basically it's the same one as the one you would order by post.