Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2024 Rugby Union 6 nations tournament.  (Read 1693 times)

Online mr.bluesky

I tried to watch about half an hour of the Superbowl between Kansas City and San Francisco (69 ers I think they are called  :D)  and I'm thinking why is Louis Rees-Zammit giving up a good Rugby career to try out this shit.
( apart from megga buck wages). The game lasts about 4 hours but there is only about 20 minutes of any action in it. On second thoughts perhaps that's why he wants to play it.
Every time a player made a tackle they spend about 5 minutes high fiving and hugging each other and the Americans love it.  :unknown:
They must be easily pleased.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 08:31:31 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Stevelondon

I’ve done the superbowl evening with mates years back. Hot dogs, popcorn, bud etc.
But jeez that game is so boring.
I think it’s the fact Americans enjoy eating and drinking when watching their sporting games. An actual match of any sort going on longer than ten minutes without a break would have them dying of thirst or starving 😂

Do you recall when the World Cup was going to be held in the States. I watched an American sports commentator chatting about it before the tournament and saying that it was going to be difficult for Americans to take football seriously if they were watching the game on tv. Never mind the ad executives who had asked the games to have quarter times and not just a half time. 😂

I’ve spent some time in the states and actually enjoyed the few times I’ve watched baseball with friends. But only because I treated the whole thing as a kind of day out. Eating, drinking having fun.
But as a sorting spectacle. I’m afraid American sports are too boring for us Brits.

Online mr.bluesky

I’ve done the superbowl evening with mates years back. Hot dogs, popcorn, bud etc.
But jeez that game is so boring.
I think it’s the fact Americans enjoy eating and drinking when watching their sporting games. An actual match of any sort going on longer than ten minutes without a break would have them dying of thirst or starving 😂

Do you recall when the World Cup was going to be held in the States. I watched an American sports commentator chatting about it before the tournament and saying that it was going to be difficult for Americans to take football seriously if they were watching the game on tv. Never mind the ad executives who had asked the games to have quarter times and not just a half time. 😂

I’ve spent some time in the states and actually enjoyed the few times I’ve watched baseball with friends. But only because I treated the whole thing as a kind of day out. Eating, drinking having fun.
But as a sorting spectacle. I’m afraid American sports are too boring for us Brits.

Yeah, I remember when the USA staged the World Cup back in 1994 they wanted Fifa to change the game to four Quarters of 25 minutes so they could put more commercial breaks in, they were told in no certain terms they were not going to change it just to suit them. America, Canada  and Mexico are due to co host the next World Cup. NFL is all talk and no action.  I do like NHL ice hockey though. Like you say for American sports fans it's more about the event rather than the sport.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 01:05:03 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline chrishornx

I tried to watch about half an hour of the Superbowl between Kansas City and San Francisco (69 ers I think they are called  :D)  and I'm thinking why is Louis Rees-Zammit giving up a good Rugby career to try out this shit.
( apart from megga buck wages). The game lasts about 4 hours but there is only about 20 minutes of any action in it. On second thoughts perhaps that's why he wants to play it.
Every time a player made a tackle they spend about 5 minutes high fiving and hugging each other and the Americans love it.  :unknown:
They must be easily pleased.

A close game but very pedestrian viewing and as many say it is all about the money.

Still no doubt there will be a big party in Missouri and tears shed in California

Offline chrishornx

the 'big party' in Missouri seems to have turned to misery with a potential mass shooting being reported as Kansas city parade the Super bowl - will they never learn?

back to the rugby looks like the england squad is being beefed up with experience  for the Scottish game. it is going to be a tough game

Online 8MillionDollarMan

the 'big party' in Missouri seems to have turned to misery with a potential mass shooting being reported as Kansas city parade the Super bowl - will they never learn?

back to the rugby looks like the england squad is being beefed up with experience  for the Scottish game. it is going to be a tough game

Beefed up as in Manu 3 metres gain before being carted off injured?

Offline chrishornx

Beefed up as in Manu 3 metres gain before being carted off injured?

nope i was thinking more of  the others

Online mr.bluesky

England getting clobbered by a South African  :dash:

Online 8MillionDollarMan

Great stuff of course there's no non English born player in the England squad  :rolleyes:

Offline ulstersubbie

We love that big Boer, great win and now that makes it four in a row against the Sassenachs.   :yahoo:  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇿🇦

Online mr.bluesky

We love that big Boer, great win and now that makes it four in a row against the Sassenachs.   :yahoo:  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇿🇦

The Calcutta Cup is only on loan to you  (for yet another year)
 :dash:  :D good job we know how to beat you at football
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 07:47:16 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider

Well done to your boys a cracking win and well deserved,  run bok run  ;)

A predicted result of the Welsh game and considering the score not as bad as it could have been, some decent bits of play from the lads and all good learning for the future

Offline Corus Boy

Well done to your boys a cracking win and well deserved,  run bok run  ;)

A predicted result of the Welsh game and considering the score not as bad as it could have been, some decent bits of play from the lads and all good learning for the future

I enjoyed the game and thought much the same.

I also gained an opinion that Wales' 'big match' inexperience shows in the first half, then at half time the Coaches get to work and as a team they then deliver a much improved second half.

I enjoy the matches, accept the defeats and look to a brighter future.

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
I enjoyed the game and thought much the same.

I also gained an opinion that Wales' 'big match' inexperience shows in the first half, then at half time the Coaches get to work and as a team they then deliver a much improved second half.

I enjoy the matches, accept the defeats and look to a brighter future.

Yes this exactly,  it's taking them the 1st half to learn the team they are playing against, then they come out renewed

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
Absolutely gutted for Italy and for young Garbisi, so much pressure already, then the ball falls over and the clock almost runs out, he must be devastated

Online RedKettle

What a result for Italy!  I did not watch it but now wishing I had.

Slightly worried about the Wales v Italy fixture.

Online mr.bluesky

What a result for Italy!  I did not watch it but now wishing I had.

Slightly worried about the Wales v Italy fixture.

Great result for Italy, they are no longer the whipping boys of the Six nations, they have come on in leaps and bounds as England found out a couple of weeks ago.

Online 8MillionDollarMan

Unlucky Italy but clueless and brainless from France in the case of Danty.
I think someone should tell Maggie Alphonsi the rules of the game as she doesn't know,on the subject of pundits Parisse was a magnificent player but almost as dull as Wilkinson on TV.

Online bigden40

Yes this exactly,  it's taking them the 1st half to learn the team they are playing against, then they come out renewed

Wales got exactly the sort of refereeing in the first half against Ireland that Scotland got in the second half against Wales.  It’s impossible to do very much at all when the ref is pinging you for everything. Ireland sealing off every ruck, nothing, Wales do it once, penalty.

I don’t think Porter scrummed legally once but got the penalty every time.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 06:02:03 pm by bigden40 »

Online Doc Holliday

Cruel for Italy but that's sport.
France are missing Dupont. He takes control in the opposition 22 and is clinical. France had many opportunities in that area today and yes Italy defended well, but France were woefully short of the flair he provides to get them over the line. Rather like England too many unforced errors in the game.

Online 8MillionDollarMan

Cruel for Italy but that's sport.
France are missing Dupont. He takes control in the opposition 22 and is clinical. France had many opportunities in that area today and yes Italy defended well, but France were woefully short of the flair he provides to get them over the line. Rather like England too many unforced errors in the game.

As good as he and Ntamack are there's more to their decline than missing those 2,French infighting I'd imagine.

Online Doc Holliday

As good as he and Ntamack are there's more to their decline than missing those 2,French infighting I'd imagine.

Yes there is more to it than just the missing pair. I was referring specifically to the lack of finishing finesse that France exhibited in the red zone.

Offline chrishornx

absolutely agree it got such deeper than a couple of individuals. But more importantly Italy were robbed, terrible refereeing at the end Italy should be fuming

Online 8MillionDollarMan

absolutely agree it got such deeper than a couple of individuals. But more importantly Italy were robbed, terrible refereeing at the end Italy should be fuming

I'm assuming the clock doesn't stop regardless of whether the ball falls off the tee(I don't know though) but one of the French players walked towards the kicker which must have put him off.
They seem to have taken it quite well though unlike the Jockos when they lost to France.

Offline chrishornx

but one of the French players walked towards the kicker which must have put him off.

and there is the point. It was a penalty and during the process of taking  the penalty the opposition cannot charge like they can for a conversion. Th French advanced twice

the penalty should have been retaken 10 yards nearer

Online bigden40

and there is the point. It was a penalty and during the process of taking  the penalty the opposition cannot charge like they can for a conversion. Th French advanced twice

the penalty should have been retaken 10 yards nearer

This

Online Doc Holliday

?

He was agreeing with your post (as do I)  :hi: Normally typed as   This ^
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 07:47:57 am by Doc Holliday »

Offline Colston36

A close game but very pedestrian viewing and as many say it is all about the money.

Still no doubt there will be a big party in Missouri and tears shed in California

Over 40 years ago I saw my American father in law watching their version of football on TV. It was incomprehensible, and I asked him what was going on. He explained and I became interested. It was actually based originally on rugby, though it has very little resemblance now.

Once I understood it I was interested, so much so I had video cassettes of the games sent to me every week. I still enjoy it - it is always easier to enjoy anything if you understand it. And what a shame that a misreading of the U.S. constitution means that shootings are the main cause of child death over there.

The reason - like many things in America - is money. Just as soccer is now more and more about money. Depressingly, American and Arab money. (When I was young the highest paid and best soccer player in the world, Stabley Matthews, was paid £5 a week.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 08:18:02 am by Colston36 »

Offline catweazle

......brother of the more famous Stanley Matthews......

Offline ulstersubbie

Well I never thought I would hear myself say this, come on the Sassenachs, beat Ireland. A Scotland win in Italy plus England getting a victory would set us up nicely for the final game in Ireland. I know we don't have any realistic hope of beating the Irish on their own patch, it would be momentous though!

* Hope Wales don't end up with the wooden spoon Misswolf.

Online mr.bluesky

Well I never thought I would hear myself say this, come on the Sassenachs, beat Ireland. A Scotland win in Italy plus England getting a victory would set us up nicely for the final game in Ireland. I know we don't have any realistic hope of beating the Irish on their own patch, it would be momentous though!

As a Sassenach I would love us to beat Ireland but I just can't see that happening, but stranger things have happened.  Nobody gave us any hope of beating South Africa in the World Cup semi final but we were only seconds away of doing so.
Wales are going through a re building process at the moment after loosing players like Alun Wyn Jones and Dan Biggar so it's going to take time.
Italy could spring a surprise result today. I think they've played well this year without getting the results.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 11:06:19 am by mr.bluesky »

Online timsussex

deserved win for Italy

Wooden spoon decider next week at Cardiff ?

Online 8MillionDollarMan

deserved win for Italy

Wooden spoon decider next week at Cardiff ?

Yes excellent from Italy and another poor 2nd half from the Jockos.
Not sure I fancy our chances against Italy next week.

Online maxQ

The Italians keep improving, they have a lot of young players coming up too

Offline ulstersubbie

Yes excellent from Italy and another poor 2nd half from the Jockos.

Our Boer let us down big style, should have passed to his teammate who had a clear run to the line. Still, well done the pasta mob, they aren't the whipping boys of the six Nations anymore.

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider

Yes indeed I suspect they will give us a strong challenge in Cardiff,  we'll done for the win against Scotland today, they are really developing well Italy, sadly I missed the game as I was in work so will watch it on catch-up later.

England are out of the traps with some real determination and flair, they are making Ireland a little uncomfortable atm but I'm sure Ireland will dig deep and stay calm.

Online mr.bluesky

Our Boer let us down big style, should have passed to his teammate who had a clear run to the line. Still, well done the pasta mob, they aren't the whipping boys of the six Nations anymore.

He saved his best performance for the Calcutta Cup game against England.

Online timsussex

what a game !
England missed 5 kicks or would have been clear but Smith drop goal at the death wins it !

Online maxQ

Great game, edge of the seat, perfect finish for England, well done

Online MissWolf

• Service Provider
what a game !
England missed 5 kicks or would have been clear but Smith drop goal at the death wins it !

Absolutely outstanding game, what a performance by England,  hats off and well done, as said if the boot had been more accurate there would have been at least a 10 point gap, Ireland had no answer today.

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

Just glad we stopped Ireland being the first team in the Six nations era to go back to back! I think they'll beat Scotland in Dublin next week.

But hey, who knows! We got a couple of upsets today! Well done Italy also!!

Offline Stevelondon

Would have loved to have been at Twickers today but never mind. I watched the game in an Irish bar in Tufnell Park  :D

Great match.

Online mr.bluesky

Well England kept up their end of the bargain,  just your boys let you down ulstersubbie  :unknown:

Offline ulstersubbie

Well England kept up their end of the bargain,  just your boys let you down ulstersubbie  :unknown:

Yes, England did the business. That's the difference between our respective nations, England usually win when least expected to, Scotland just fail every time. What makes it even more laughable for us these days, is the fact that 50 percent of our team aren't even real Scots!   :D

Offline Thephoenix

Yes, England did the business. That's the difference between our respective nations, England usually win when least expected to, Scotland just fail every time. What makes it even more laughable for us these days, is the fact that 50 percent of our team aren't even real Scots!   :D

Well you've got that fine local lad from the glens:

Jock Van Der McMerwe.  :unknown:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:23:14 am by Thephoenix »

Online mr.bluesky

Just to make matters worse your U20's team ( the future of Scottish Rugby) were also walloped  by Italy's U20's 47-14 . Perhaps there's some more good young South Africans with Scottish ancestry you can pinch  :D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 11:07:43 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline catweazle

what a game !

I've long thought that the drop goal is seriously  underused in modern Rugby.

Offline ulstersubbie

Perhaps there's some more good young South Africans with Scottish ancestry you can pinch  :D

:lol:

Offline Thephoenix

Just to make matters worse your U20's team ( the future of Scottish Rugby) were also walloped  by Italy's U20's 47-14 . Perhaps there's some more good young South Africans with Scottish ancestry you can pinch  :D

I don't think Jock Van Der McMerwe actually has Scottish ancestry.
Wasn't it something to do with studying at university for 3 years and claiming that as a residency qualification, whatever that means.
That's stretching things a bit.

Having said that I wish we had him in the English team.
He's got to be one of the best players in the tournament.