Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: A Covid-19 vaccine at last!  (Read 96407 times)

Online timsussex

Had my 4th (or was it 5th?) COVID jab today Pfizer one - so that completes my set having had AZ and Moderna previously.

Was given a 4 page a4 leaflet after the jab covered with small print
One full page gives  details of how to store, pack sizes and disposal
half a page with details of marketing and manufacturing companies
half a page listing contents - useful if you are an organic chemist otherwise you will only recognise water - and sucrose
a long paragraph about pregnancy -  I skipped that
A page with details of side effects
very common (more than 1 in 10) included injection pain site, tiredness, headaches, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, diarrhoea
common (1 in 10) includes nausea and vomiting
uncommon ( up to 1 in a 100) includes feeling unwell and sore arm

so you can have headaches, muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhoea (which are common) but not feel unwell (as that's uncommon) ???

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
Had my 4th (or was it 5th?) COVID jab today Pfizer one - so that completes my set having had AZ and Moderna previously.

half a page listing contents - useful if you are an organic chemist otherwise you will only recognise water - and sucrose
very common (more than 1 in 10) included injection pain site, tiredness, headaches, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, diarrhoea

so you can have headaches, muscle pain, vomiting, diarrhoea (which are common) but not feel unwell (as that's uncommon) ???

You are correct that doesn't make sense unless it means unwell in some other form, and sore arm as in the limb not the injection site. :unknown:

Offline advent2016

I tested positive today so I'll be staying home, ordering from Ocado etc. obviously no punting :(
I often drive  quite elderly people about to shopping and medical appointments. I'll probably stay home until no positive line for two days.

I noticed that I can't report a positive test any (on the public site) more but can still order test kits through work.

External Link/Members Only

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline PumpDump

I tested positive today so I'll be staying home, ordering from Ocado etc. obviously no punting :(
I often drive  quite elderly people about to shopping and medical appointments. I'll probably stay home until no positive line for two days.

I noticed that I can't report a positive test any (on the public site) more but can still order test kits through work.

Interested in why you would test? You say you have contact with old people. But regardless, if it's covid, traditional flu or a cold, you should stay away from them anyway. Why do you need to know if it's Covid or not?

Offline puntingking

cause its not needed. If your unwell then the test does not matter. if you are well then the test does not matter. if it is covid or not covid then it does not matter.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 07:27:06 pm by puntingking »

Offline Blackpool Rock

cause its not needed. If your unwell then the test does not matter. if you are well then the test does not matter. if it is covid or not covid then it does not matter.

I was unwell a few weeks ago. I caught a virus from somewhere. I was not like you and did not inform the whole forum that I had a virus:unknown:
I took his post not as informing the whole forum that he had covid but pointing out that you can't report the results anymore, it actually raises the question of how do they know how many people have covid now and whether rates are high or low  :unknown:

Perhaps not such an issue now that mutations of the virus appear to have less severe health consequences and vulnerable groups have access to vaccines but anyway

Offline PepeMAGA

I took his post not as informing the whole forum that he had covid but pointing out that you can't report the results anymore, it actually raises the question of how do they know how many people have covid now and whether rates are high or low  :unknown:

Perhaps not such an issue now that mutations of the virus appear to have less severe health consequences and vulnerable groups have access to vaccines but anyway
I guess if you were hospitalized or died as a result they would record that, but not for routine illnesses

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Strange, I have a hospital appointment coming up in a few weeks but if it doesn't matter why have I got to contact them so they can change my appointment if I have tested positive for Covid, suspect I have Covid or if I have been in contact with a definite case of Covid. Seems the NHS take a different view to you.   :unknown:

Oh and if I was going in for a procedure I may need to take a Covid test.

Offline PumpDump

Strange, I have a hospital appointment coming up in a few weeks but if it doesn't matter why have I got to contact them so they can change my appointment if I have tested positive for Covid, suspect I have Covid or if I have been in contact with a definite case of Covid. Seems the NHS take a different view to you.   :unknown:

Oh and if I was going in for a procedure I may need to take a Covid test.

Well your NHS must be different to my NHS because they don't ask for a test for consultations or procedures. Even oncology.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Well your NHS must be different to my NHS because they don't ask for a test for consultations or procedures. Even oncology.
Read my post again because what you are saying is not what I said.

I did not say they ask for a test and I said they MAY ask me to take a Covid test.

That said it has been 13 days since they sent the letter out so perhaps it's changed.   :unknown:

Online Watts.E.Dunn

Anyways Davie, hope the appointment goes well and a positive outcome:)

Anyone seen that prog on ITV called "Breathtaking all about a NHS hospital in the early days of Covid?..

Offline PumpDump

Read my post again because what you are saying is not what I said.

I did not say they ask for a test and I said they MAY ask me to take a Covid test.

That said it has been 13 days since they sent the letter out so perhaps it's changed.   :unknown:

I'm not saying I disbelieve you, I am pointing out that different policies are being followed. Because for relatives of mine who are dealing with NHS, nothing is mentioned about tests, vaccine or masks anymore.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Anyways Davie, hope the appointment goes well and a positive outcome:)

Anyone seen that prog on ITV called "Breathtaking all about a NHS hospital in the early days of Covid?..
Cheers mate, it's just another check up this time, will need surgery sometime this year to replace the pacemaker, the battery's getting low. 

Offline PumpDump

Cheers mate, it's just another check up this time, will need surgery sometime this year to replace the pacemaker, the battery's getting low.
Likewise, hope it all goes well.

Offline catweazle

The huge ONS covid infection  survey, which produced the statistics on how many people had covid was scaled back as the pandemic  eased. It moved from hundreds of workers collecting samples (initially  swabs and blood later) to self reporting online  by the selected individuals.
It does  however  continue  albeit at a lower number. 
I'm a part of it and have just ( last week) done my February test.

Offline advent2016

There's still plenty of surveys collecting data and testing new drugs related to Covid strains
take for example External Link/Members Only

I occasionally work in a place where they still test using lateral flow/PCR and other methods. A fail means work from home and two consecutive negative home tests before returning. It's one of the few, countable on one hand where as a contractor they will pay me when off sick at home. I still tinker with spreadsheets, AI, reviewing program code, watching cat videos and invigilating online exams etc . I actually like being in an "office" a few days a week where I can further refine my trade for the few remaining years before I'm replaced by an AI robot.

I estimate I've had Covid about 10 times since 2022, approx 6 verified through testing, all with common symptoms like loss of taste. This time it's been like the worst or the worst colds that disappears after a few days and comes back with flu like symptoms, abates then the runny nose, painful chest, limbs, joints, ears etc.

I have some reviews to submit and I'll note they were before I tested positive for Covid if that doesn't break any current rules.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
There's still plenty of surveys collecting data and testing new drugs related to Covid strains
take for example External Link/Members Only
There's also a new 2-year study, which I'm taking part in, that aims to establish if antibody testing can identify who remains at greatest risk of severe COVID-19 infection after vaccinations.

Not that Covid matters any more of course.   :wacko:

Online Colston36

Their order seems the opposite of logical to me.

Online myothernameis

I have had a few appointments, to see cardiologists, and a number of tests, and with regards covid test.  In my appointment letter, this is where is was explained, so if I came in contact with someone with covid, I should test myself.  If I was unwell in any way, i should rearrange my appointment for another time

Dec I had a angiogram done, in local hospital, and wasnt even asked to take a covid test, but the letter had already covered this

Offline Doc Holliday

The latest protocol in relation to testing (April 2023) in healthcare settings is here External Link/Members Only.

There is also a summary here for Social Care External Link/Members Only

The emphasis has changed in that Covid is grouped with all the other Acute Respiratory Illnesses (ARIs) and it is about identifying and protecting those who are vulnerable and ensuring they have access to treatment options which the majority of the population no longer need.

IMO this is at long last good practice, as prior to Covid those vulnerable to ARIs were not really protected much at all.

Covid is still potentially more of a risk for some of those vulnerable so it is fortunate that we have a reasonably reliable rapid test to identify this. Covid is still much more transmissable in comparison to other ARIs There is no comparable rapid test for example flu and which requires a laboratory analysis and so is not carried out routinely.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 02:11:19 pm by Doc Holliday »

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
The latest protocol in relation to testing (April 2023) in healthcare settings is here External Link/Members Only.

There is also a summary here for Social Care External Link/Members Only

The emphasis has changed in that Covid is grouped with all the other Acute Respiratory Illnesses (ARIs) and it is about identifying and protecting those who are vulnerable and ensuring they have access to treatment options which the majority of the population no longer need.

IMO this is at long last good practice, as prior to Covid those vulnerable to ARIs were not really protected much at all.

Covid is still potentially more of a risk for some of those vulnerable so it is fortunate that we have a reasonably reliable rapid test to identify this. Covid is still much more transmissable in comparison to other ARIs There is no comparable rapid test for example flu and which requires a laboratory analysis and so is not carried out routinely.
The letter I screenshotted above is designed to protect the vulnerable from Covid and as my appointment is in the Cardiothoracic Centre it's reasonable to assume patients would be classed as in the vulnerable category.

As an aside my antibody result is 3106 U/ml which is quite a way below normal. Though I haven't had a vaccination for 3 years.

Offline Doc Holliday

The letter I screenshotted above is designed to protect the vulnerable from Covid and as my appointment is in the Cardiothoracic Centre it's reasonable to assume patients would be classed as in the vulnerable category.

As an aside my antibody result is 3106 U/ml which is quite a way below normal. Though I haven't had a vaccination for 3 years.

Yes I would expect some of them to be classed as vulnerable.

In relation to your antibody level, vaccination aside, it is extremely unlikely you haven't built up immunity from repeated exposure to the virus. To be honest I am no longer following up on any details about antibody levels and their long term significance. It is clear now that immunity from whatever means, is always going to be of fairly short duration in terms of repeated infection, but that thankfully, for the vast majority, will no longer progress to a serious life threatening situation requiring hospitalisation. It may nontheless be a fairly unpleasant experience and some symptoms may persist for much longer periods than other ARIs.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 06:01:45 pm by Doc Holliday »

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Yes I would expect some of them to be classed as vulnerable.

In relation to your antibody level, vaccination aside, it is extremely unlikely you haven't built up immunity from repeated exposure to the virus. To be honest I am no longer following up on any details about antibody levels and their long term significance. It is clear now that immunity from whatever means, is always going to be of fairly short duration in terms of repeated infection, but that thankfully, for the vast majority, will no longer progress to a serious life threatening situation requiring hospitalisation. It may nontheless be a fairly unpleasant experience and some symptoms may persist for much longer periods than other ARIs.
According to those doing the trials anywhere from 5,000 to 78,000 U/ml is regarded as normal as 90% of healthy individuals fell within this range so I'm doing quite well with the few I have. 

Offline Doc Holliday

According to those doing the trials anywhere from 5,000 to 78,000 U/ml is regarded as normal as 90% of healthy individuals fell within this range so I'm doing quite well with the few I have.

Interesting. I don't wish to tempt fate, but you do appear to be a bit of a 'survivor' Davie  ;)

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Interesting. I don't wish to tempt fate, but you do appear to be a bit of a 'survivor' Davie  ;)
Aye only been dead once,  :P

Offline puntingking

Plandemic - the musical

The film will be released in 11 or 12 days time. It tells the covid story but I would guess from a david icke perspective  :unknown:

Not saying that I be watching but credit where it due it looks well made according to the trailer that I have just seen. :unknown:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
Just an update on this, I've been in for the surgery and at the assessment appointment they swabbed 3 areas of my body, 1 swab did both nostrils, another did my mouth and a third did my groin, they also took blood samples. Oh and they also gave me a bottle of decontamination Antimicrobial body wash to use prior to coming in.

Seems a bit odd that the NHS hospital I attended went to all the trouble of doing those tests when others don't bother.   :unknown:

Online RandomGuy99

Just an update on this, I've been in for the surgery and at the assessment appointment they swabbed 3 areas of my body, 1 swab did both nostrils, another did my mouth and a third did my groin, they also took blood samples. Oh and they also gave me a bottle of decontamination Antimicrobial body wash to use prior to coming in.

Seems a bit odd that the NHS hospital I attended went to all the trouble of doing those tests when others don't bother.   :unknown:
MRSA test?

If you have MRSA then it can get into wounds, so they test you before any ops to kake sure you don't have it. If you do, then you get the antibacterial wash and you can also get antibiotics to knock it out.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
MRSA test?

If you have MRSA then it can get into wounds, so they test you before any ops to kake sure you don't have it. If you do, then you get the antibacterial wash and you can also get antibiotics to knock it out.
MRSA was one of them, not sure what the others were for and if I had MRSA they would have cancelled the OP. I was given the antibacterial wash to use as a matter of course, she had a cupboard full of it.

For the OP I had you get antibiotics on a drip while they're doing it regardless. That is unless it's an emergency then they do it without any antibiotics.

Online RandomGuy99

MRSA was one of them, not sure what the others were for and if I had MRSA they would have cancelled the OP. I was given the antibacterial wash to use as a matter of course, she had a cupboard full of it.

For the OP I had you get antibiotics on a drip while they're doing it regardless. That is unless it's an emergency then they do it without any antibiotics.
I had the same for my prostate biopsy when under investigation for prostate cancer. Fortunately it was negative.

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator
I had the same for my prostate biopsy when under investigation for prostate cancer. Fortunately it was negative.
Good to hear.  :thumbsup:

Online daviemac

• Forum Moderator