Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Rugby World Cup 2023  (Read 5319 times)

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

8th September we have kick off for another edition. In fact, the tenth edition of the rugby world cup, in France! Can't wait!!

And what a start to the tournament it is going to be! France v New Zealand!

The warm up matches are already underway!

Being English, I would obviously like to see England do well but I don't feel.confident we'll win it.

For me, France, New Zealand, Ireland or South Africa will win it.

The Argies/Pumas are always my second favourite team and I think they'll have a good tournament and I actually predict they will beat England in the opening game.

So proud to see Chile at the world cup for the first time! I spent some time in the country a few years back. So I am looking forward to seeing them make their debut.

Deep down, it would be great (and i'm saying this as an Englishman) to see France win the tournament! I think they have such a talented squad. Dupont, Ntamack, Penaud, Ramos, Flament, Ollivon, Woki, Fickou. Will they show plenty of French flair to win the tournament or buckle under the pressure???

Shame about the draw being made so early so that the four best teams are on the same side of the draw. So two of France, New Zealand, South Africa and Ireland will not make the semi finals. Shame!!

Argentina could get to another semi final. Australia have just lost all three of their Rugby Championship games under the return of Eddie Jones. Wales have lost so many good players recently to retirement. And the Pacific Islands could be the dark horses of the tournament. I think it is a great idea to change the eligibility laws to allow players to play for another country after a stand down of three years.

I'm looking forward to an entertaining tournament.

:dance: :yahoo: :drinks:

« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 09:16:35 pm by VladtheImpaleHer »

Offline c1der79

It seems to be coming around really quick. It only seems like a couple of weeks since the season ended.
England have been in camp for a good few weeks already and the squad announcement next week seems quite straightforward as there won't be many to trim from the training group but I guess injuries will have an impact.
Wales are a mixed bag - a lot of older experienced players and a lot of newbies but nothing in the middle. I think they will struggle.
Scotland look good but have a horrible group and may not progress.
Can't wait!

Online bigden40

It seems to be coming around really quick. It only seems like a couple of weeks since the season ended.
England have been in camp for a good few weeks already and the squad announcement next week seems quite straightforward as there won't be many to trim from the training group but I guess injuries will have an impact.
Wales are a mixed bag - a lot of older experienced players and a lot of newbies but nothing in the middle. I think they will struggle.
Scotland look good but have a horrible group and may not progress.
Can't wait!

We likely won’t progress unless Townsend has worked out a sensible gameplan for South Africa.

The draw is horrible and shows the perils of seeding the draw several years too early with teams ranked 1, 4 & 5 in the same group and the top 5 teams all on the same side of the draw. Oh for Wales or England's group.

Offline webpunter

The warm up matches are already underway!

Easy to get tickets
To see a reserve match no players wanting to get injured
Yawn

Being English, I would obviously like to see England do well but I don't feel.confident we'll win it.

England do like to surprise
Maybe they'll get a semi this time

So proud to see Chile at the world cup for the first time! I spent some time in the country a few years back. So I am looking forward to seeing them make their debut.

#metoo - not spending time there myself but the country making the finals for the experience which will help develop the sport there

The Argies/Pumas are always my second favourite team and I think they'll have a good tournament and I actually predict they will beat England in the opening game.

Deep down, it would be great (and i'm saying this as an Englishman) to see France win the tournament!

So the Argies are your 2nd fave team ?
& you want France to win the tournament ?
The cuntish french & the feckless useless cunt argies are an interesting combo for your favourites
The french cunts supplied them with missiles for the Falklands   
& have been utter cunts ever since
The surrender monkeys should be grateful with us bailing them out
Twice
Yet they make it as difficult as possible for Brits to go there on holiday
Like how many hour delays at Dover ?
Coz the french cunts deliberately short staff their border control
A bit different in WW2 when they were desperate
& getting off the beaches for the brit US & commonwealth soldiers was fraught with incredible risks
Nerves of steel when the front of the landing craft goes down

If i go to south america again i want to visit the falklands
To see where the Belgrano was sunk
A bloke i know was one of the 'ears' on the sub
A 'tinkling' sound as he put it when the torpedoes broke the back of the ship & it rolled over
Maybe he's expanding his role a bit but he was there & got a good few beers outta me

What about Ireland winning ?
It wouldn't be the french cunts, arrogant all blacks & racist boks [who have the most annoying accent ever]
The Aussies fine too by me, even the druids or sweaties 
So much for your home nation support  :rolleyes:
Assuming england don't prevail

As an englishman you are an embarassment

Offline chrishornx

the draw is very good for England

Vlad's picks all playing each other in the quarters

Offline contentguy

Easy to get tickets
Yawn

#metoo - not spending time there myself but the country making the finals for the experience which will help develop the sport there

The cuntish french & the feckless useless cunt argies are an interesting combo for your favourites
Twice
& getting off the beaches for the brit US & commonwealth soldiers was fraught with incredible risks

A 'tinkling' sound as he put it when the torpedoes broke the back of the ship & it rolled over
Maybe he's expanding his role a bit but he was there & got a good few beers outta me

It wouldn't be the french cunts, arrogant all blacks & racist boks [who have the most annoying accent ever]

+1 on that… ffs supporting the argies AND the french!

Offline mr.bluesky

I think of the Northern hemisphere teams France as hosts and Ireland are the best bets. South Africa and New Zealand will be there or there abouts. The All blacks look back to their best after recently winning The Rugby championships. Argentina are looking strong. They only lost to South Africa by one point last week . Missed conversions cost them dearly. England should make the knock out stages but Quarter or Semi Finals at best imo. I look forward to watching Japan , maybe they will spring some more surprise results. I think Scotland will fare better than Wales  (sorry Miss Wolf ) . Welsh Rugby seems to be in turmoil at the moment and they will miss Alun Wyn Jones
« Last Edit: August 01, 2023, 11:16:42 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline ulstersubbie

A Northern hemisphere team winning it would be a breath of fresh air, instead of the ABs or Boks YAWN!

Offline mr.bluesky

A Northern hemisphere team winning it would be a breath of fresh air, instead of the ABs or Boks YAWN!

Could be worse, the Aussies have won the Rugby League World Cup 12 times  :dash:

Offline webpunter

Could be worse, the Aussies have won the Rugby League World Cup 12 times  :dash:

But they do have some game on sheila civvies
IMO they're on a par with US burds when it comes to being up for 'putting out'
& giving great head
A badge of honour for them
Good girls  :thumbsup:

If the RWC were to be decided on the skills set of their fitties the brazzas would win every 4 years or however often it is

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

+1

There has never been a better time since 2003 for a northern hemisphere team to win it for just the second time.

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

Easy to get tickets
Yawn

Twice

Very political all this! I'm just talking about the rugby. Been to Argentina a few times. Lovely people and i enjoy the brand of rugby they play. I also love the Latin passion they show especially when you see the tears from their eyes when they sing their national anthem.

As for France, I enjoy the French flair and I just think it would be good to see a northern hemisphere team win it. And I think France have got the team to do it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 08:01:10 am by VladtheImpaleHer »

Offline mr.bluesky

+1

There has never been a better time since 2003 for a northern hemisphere team to win it for just the second time.

I think France as the host nation and Ireland are the best bet to break the southern hemisphere strangle hold. Unfortunately the All Blacks looked very impressive in the recent Rugby championships and will take some stopping. England will need to raise their game massively  to the level of their victory over the All blacks in the Semi finals in the last World cup if we are to win it. I feel more comfortable though now we no longer have Eddie Jones in charge of us. We were going backwards under his leadership and it looks like he's doing the same thing to Australia.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 08:03:34 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

+1

Glad the All Blacks haven't won every world cup. You don't want one team dominating a tournament all of the time. You can't call it everytime. Unlike in league where it would be a shock if the Kangaroo's didn't win it.

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

I think France as the host nation and Ireland are the best bet to break the southern hemisphere strangle hold. Unfortunately the All Blacks looked very impressive in the recent Rugby championships and will take some stopping.
Yeah i agree. They seem to be timing their run perfectly, which is annoying!

Offline webpunter

Very political all this! I'm just talking about the rugby. Been to Argentina a few times. Lovely people and i enjoy the brand of rugby they play. I also love the Latin passion they show especially when you see the tears from their eyes when they sing their national anthem.

As for France, I enjoy the French flair and I just think it would be good to see a northern hemisphere team win it. And I think France have got the team to do it.

There is a difference between the people & a country as a whole
Especially with the latin nations, the people are generally very friendly
& i doubt very much that the argies back in 1982 had much idea what was going on, or agreed with it either
I went to see the Argies All Blacks match @ Wembley when the RWC was on
Wanted the Argies to win & in the 1st half it looked like an upset might just be on the cards
At Twickenham this year no idea how many french fans there however them signing La Marseillaise rang around the stadium
[a million times better than the heads up their own arses Haka, which bores the shit out of most people when they've seen it once]
Back to France, I then witnessed the biggest heap of shit dredged up by england ever, which even they will struggle to surpass
Your fanatical choice of two countries surprised me, thats all 

Offline webpunter

+1

As a reminder, not that one is needed, here's Jonny
External Link/Members Only
Had a breakfast & bubbles drinks party at a mates
The thousands of hours him playing & practicising kicking were duly rewarded
& not forgetting the rest of the team who put him in just the right place
Carried on drinking after the dramatic last gasp victory going bonkers
Happy days
Two decades ago, time flies

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

As a reminder, not that one is needed, here's Jonny
Had a breakfast & bubbles drinks party at a mates
The thousands of hours him playing & practicising kicking were duly rewarded
& not forgetting the rest of the team who put him in just the right place
Carried on drinking after the dramatic last gasp victory going bonkers
Happy days
Two decades ago, time flies
Yeah great day, great memories! I visited every Australasian bar down the Uxbridge Road in west London after we won! From the Redback in Acton to the Walkabout in Shepherds Bush! :yahoo:

Offline ulstersubbie

Yeah great day, great memories! I visited every Australasian bar down the Uxbridge Road in west London after we won! From the Redback in Acton to the Walkabout in Shepherds Bush! :yahoo:

I'm surprised you weren't lynched!    :D

Offline webpunter

@VLI
Quality behaviour
I am partial to a VB
Or a Tooheys [or two]

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

@VLI
Quality behaviour
I am partial to a VB
Or a Tooheys [or two]
Funnily enough, less than 6 months later i was in Australia and visited the Telstra stadium (as it was known then) in Sydney. Although, I saw an Aussie rules game. But it was nice to visit the stadium where we won the world cup!!

Yeah, can't beat a VB or a Toohey's or a snakebite come to think of it!

I visited a few whores in King's Cross, Sydney back then as well. :yahoo:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 07:41:20 pm by VladtheImpaleHer »

Offline mr.bluesky

England play Wales in Cardiff tomorrow in a World Cup warm up match, a tough place to get a result but I think England should just edge it. Hopefully both teams will get through the game without any serious injuries.

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
I think of the Northern hemisphere teams France as hosts and Ireland are the best bets. South Africa and New Zealand will be there or there abouts. The All blacks look back to their best after recently winning The Rugby championships. Argentina are looking strong. They only lost to South Africa by one point last week . Missed conversions cost them dearly. England should make the knock out stages but Quarter or Semi Finals at best imo. I look forward to watching Japan , maybe they will spring some more surprise results. I think Scotland will fare better than Wales  (sorry Miss Wolf ) . Welsh Rugby seems to be in turmoil at the moment and they will miss Alun Wyn Jones

No apology needed MrB you have as often happens,  summed it up perfectly,  I'd be delighted to see Wales progress as they have one of the better groups but hope doesn't buy houses as they say.

Like you I think its France or Irelands year, obviously Ireland would be my choice over France, but home advantage can play a big part.

Only a fool would right off the big southern nation teams of blacks and boks as they tend to step up on big occasions,  England will be out of their depth as like Wales they are in a period of transition and I don't think either teams are where they need to be psychologically and that's a big part of how they perform.

Online timsussex

Scotland beat France despite being down to 14 men for over half an hour!
So is this the wheels coming off or is this the kick up the backside France needed ?
and is this the start of something big or another false dawn for the Scots ?

Offline mr.bluesky

Scotland beat France despite being down to 14 men for over half an hour!
So is this the wheels coming off or is this the kick up the backside France needed ?
and is this the start of something big or another false dawn for the Scots ?

A good result for Scotland but I wouldn't read too much into these pre world cup friendly results.

Offline willie loman

A good result for Scotland but I wouldn't read too much into these pre world cup friendly results.

i would read nothing in to friendly results .

Offline ulstersubbie

Lucky really, but our rugby team is still miles behind the rest of the other nations. We're progressing on the round ball front but the oval version shows the defects most glaringly!

Offline webpunter

In Cardiff the wheels havent really been on the chariot for ages so they cant fall off, so to write
The crowd sounds like there are lots of kids
A good opportunity for them to experience the match if they havent already been
At the various warm up matches
As the tickets are accessible & not hugely expensive as they usally are for the autumn & spring series

Thinking about it a southern hemisphere team winning it will be fine
England remain the only northern hemisphere winner  ;)
None of the home nations have even managed to break the glass ceiling & get to the final, oh dear  :D

Offline ulstersubbie

No apology needed MrB you have as often happens,  summed it up perfectly,  I'd be delighted to see Wales progress as they have one of the better groups but hope doesn't buy houses as they say.

Good result for you today MW, Wales deserved to win unlike our mob who edged against the French.   :drinks:

Offline webpunter

I've just wazzed up Sarra Elgan on the WWWWWE thread
Funny how she's been snapped up by Amazon as a presenter
Loveleh, loveleh, loveleh

Offline ulstersubbie

I've just wazzed up Sarra Elgan on the WWWWWE thread
Funny how she's been snapped up by Amazon as a presenter
Loveleh, loveleh, loveleh

Classic Sassenach deflection, your lot were a bit leeky today.   :D

Offline webpunter

Classic Sassenach deflection, your lot were a bit leeky today.   :D

Very good    :hi:
Tho dont give up the day job quite just yet  ;)

Offline MissWolf

• Service Provider
Good result for you today MW, Wales deserved to win unlike our mob who edged against the French.   :drinks:

Yes indeed not a bad game, better second half against a frankly poor England, let's hope it gives them a boost and helps cement the psychological work Gatland is known for.

Offline mr.bluesky

Yes indeed not a bad game, better second half against a frankly poor England, let's hope it gives them a boost and helps cement the psychological work Gatland is known for.

You've hit the nail on the head there Miss Wolf. England have got a lot of work to do if we are to make progress in the upcoming World Cup. Going on recent results and performances I fear we will struggle to get out of the group stages  :scare:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 10:14:33 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

A full strength French team will be dangerous!!

France, New Zealand, South Africa or Ireland to win it.

A new name on the trophy would be great though!

Saying that, that's the beauty of a tournament. I think the All Blacks realised how difficult the tournament is to win. I think they thought they could just show up. But it took them 24 years to win their second trophy.

England weren't good in 2007. And yet somehow we got to the final after beating the Aussies and the French. And possibly could have won it had Mark Cueto's try been given in the final!

Offline VladtheImpaleHer

You've hit the nail on the head there Miss Wolf. England have got a lot of work to do if we are to make progress in the upcoming World Cup. Going on recent results and performances I fear we will struggle to get out of the group stages  :scare:
I fear Argentina will beat us in the opening game!

Offline mr.bluesky

So England get some revenge over Wales for last week's defeat.  I didn't see the game but I see Owen Farrell got himself sent off for a high tackle.  He could be a liability in the forthcoming World cup as he will be one of the certain starters for each game unless he learns to improve his tackle technique.

Offline jackdaw

So England get some revenge over Wales for last week's defeat.  I didn't see the game but I see Owen Farrell got himself sent off for a high tackle.  He could be a liability in the forthcoming World cup as he will be one of the certain starters for each game unless he learns to improve his tackle technique.

I don’t think he’ll be starting the early games…he’ll be lucky to avoid a 6 week ban.

Offline mr.bluesky

I don’t think he’ll be starting the early games…he’ll be lucky to avoid a 6 week ban.

If we get out the group stage, on current showings that could be doubtful  :unknown:

Online timsussex

Red card rescinded !

Unbelievable !

Offline mr.bluesky

Red card rescinded !

Unbelievable !

Well it is Owen Farrell, the golden balls of English Rugby, what do you expect  :unknown:

Offline webpunter

Well it is Owen Farrell, the golden balls of English Rugby, what do you expect  :unknown:

England's captain appeared before a video disciplinary hearing on Tuesday morning, and was represented by Richard Smith, the leading QC employed by the RFU

Think it should be KC  :rolleyes:
Wonder how much he was charging the RFU ?
Reck he'll get prime match tickets if he wants them 

Online timsussex

Apparently the panel was all Australian

so that's us stuffed

Damn clever these Aussies !

Offline jackdaw

Apparently the panel was all Australian

so that's us stuffed

Damn clever these Aussies !

😂 Certainly wasn’t result I was forecasting. (Apparently it’s theoretically possible that World Rugby could appeal the decision, but they probably won’t.)

Offline mr.bluesky

😂 Certainly wasn’t result I was forecasting. (Apparently it’s theoretically possible that World Rugby could appeal the decision, but they probably won’t.)

I think if it was a competitive game the outcome may have been different,  those Aussies know Farrell can't tackle to save his life so want him in the England team should we play the Aussies in the knock out stages of World cup.

Online bigden40

That’s possibly the worst disciplinary decision I’ve ever seen.  And there’s been many bad ones before.

Offline webpunter

However Farrell is pretty good at kicking
Tho nowhere near Jonny, obvs

Really gotta win the group
Straight into it against Argies
Japan a bit unpredictable, however i saw England take them apart in the autumn internationals last year
Then face Wales in the QF
Which is maybe one of the reasons that the Welsh are sooo fcuked orf with the decision

Ntamack getting injured maybe changes the betting odds slightly France drifting perhaps

Only just realised that the tournament is on for 7 weeks
Some decent TV on the way
I can see why the organisers have scheduled it as it is with the vast majority being weekend matches
Makes for the best possible tv audiences & also easier for the fans of the european countries to travel to matches
Presuming that they aren't in France for the duration etc

Offline binbag

Ashton was on the radio the another night trying to explain that Farrell's frustration, when the team isn't doing well,  is what inspires him to tackle fiercely in spite of his questionable technique. To me, that's simply an admission that , yes, he's a dirty player. When he thinks the time is right he resorts to (dirty) high tackles. This has been going on for so long, it's incredible that he's allowed onto the pitch at all.  It reminds of the bloke who said, "No, I'm not an alcoholic. I only drink when McCaw is offside"

Offline webpunter

Ashton was on the radio the another night trying to explain that Farrell's frustration, when the team isn't doing well,  is what inspires him to tackle fiercely in spite of his questionable technique. To me, that's simply an admission that , yes, he's a dirty player. When he thinks the time is right he resorts to (dirty) high tackles. This has been going on for so long, it's incredible that he's allowed onto the pitch at all.  It reminds of the bloke who said, "No, I'm not an alcoholic. I only drink when McCaw is offside"

Perhaps his father's northern / league background had his son growing up seeing a harder tougher style of play

Offline webpunter

On twitter

Is Owen Farrell going for a Masters at tackling school next?

:lol: