Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: 2023-24 Football season  (Read 43477 times)

Offline Private Parts

Yes, A ridiculous claim. Not forgetting the owner of Cardiff City is clueless when it comes to running a football club. This was the man who changed their home shirts from Blue to Red because Red was supposedly a lucky colour and also  changed the club badge.

Does this mean the bluebirds are now the redtits?
Coco loco. 😜

Offline mr.bluesky

Does this mean the bluebirds are now the redtits?
Coco loco. 😜

There was such an outcry about this he soon changed it back to their tradition colours and club badge.

Offline mr.bluesky

Two 19 year old Premier league players from the same club arrested on a rape charge. I wonder who they could be  :unknown:
Not wishing to sound bitter after Sundays FA cup semi final defeat but I hope its Wankchester Utd players .

Offline Jumping Jack Flash

I think that Klopp announcing his exit as early as he did seems to have undermined his side who have fallen away badly over the past couple of weeks. From the media wank-fest over him winning four trophies it looks as though he’s going out with a whimper and just one trophy this season.

He’s been their best manager since Dalglish, but I wonder if he saw the writing on the wall in that vital parts of his squad are just past their peak - Van Dijk and Salah - and that their potential replacements aren’t at their levels? It’s similar to when Fergie left Old Trafford, an ageing squad who probably should have been broken up a couple of seasons before.

Whoever replaces Klopp faces a monumental challenge, he’s a difficult act to follow - remember Moyes and Emery? I expect Salah to take the Saudi oil money this summer too. An intriguing 12 months for whoever comes in.

Offline jackdaw

I think that Klopp announcing his exit as early as he did seems to have undermined his side who have fallen away badly over the past couple of weeks. From the media wank-fest over him winning four trophies it looks as though he’s going out with a whimper and just one trophy this season.

He’s been their best manager since Dalglish, but I wonder if he saw the writing on the wall in that vital parts of his squad are just past their peak - Van Dijk and Salah - and that their potential replacements aren’t at their levels? It’s similar to when Fergie left Old Trafford, an ageing squad who probably should have been broken up a couple of seasons before.

Whoever replaces Klopp faces a monumental challenge, he’s a difficult act to follow - remember Moyes and Emery? I expect Salah to take the Saudi oil money this summer too. An intriguing 12 months for whoever comes in.

Given the expectations people had for the squad at the start of the season, LFC has had a better than expected season, and is further along the rebuild path than large majority of people expected. (Remember number of veteran midfield players that needed replacing…Henderson, Keita, Milner, Fabinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain.)

I suspect that Klopp has drained the new group to their physical limits, and the performance drop has reflected more physical exhaustion rather than a lack of motivation. On balance the new lot have over-achieved.

I guess LFC fans are hoping that Salah returns to some half decent form in remaining games…primarily so he can be sold to Arab league for big money, to finance a further rebuild.

Offline Thephoenix

I agree with your comments generally apart from his exit announcement undermining the squad.

There's 4 key players over 30 including Robertson, Van Dyke and Salah, and they're starting to show it.
We are a team in transition and that's probably why Klopp's been changing the ream so often.
We're lacking any real midfield generals who can turn a game around.
Dias is the only forward who regularly has the skill, energy and confidence to run at defenders.
Salah has lost his magic, and there's no obvious replacement for him on the right wing.
Maybe we need to try Nunez in that role as I don't think he's going to get many goals as a striker.
Even the normally unflappable Van Dyke has lost his mojo and was seen wanting against the excellent Calvert-Lewin last night.
I guess it's no surprise as the Liverpool back four aren't a sound defensive unit any more and he's not getting the support he deserves.

History tells us it's always going to be difficult to replace a successful, transformative, charismatic and well loved manager.
I think Klopp's been even more than that.
He's been an inspirational manager to the players and fans, and the Klopp factor has probably enabled the team to reach a level of success that maybe belies the quality of the squad.

So yes, Arne Slot is now 2/9 odds for the next manager.
It will be an impossible act to follow as Klopp was a one off.
He'll have to deal with those older players with big egos, and get shut of Salah and a few more while they're valued assets.
Then he'll need to rebuild 'his' team.

I'm pleased that at least his managerial tactics appear to be similar, with the high intensity and defensive line style of play.

In the meantime, c'mon Arsenal. Don't gift another title to City.

Offline mr.bluesky

Everton put a big dent in Liverpool 's title hopes this week can Spurs do the same to the Gooners
 :unknown: I think the title is now Arsenal's to loose. Man City have 2 games in hand so need to win them both to go top again. I think it will all come down to the last game of the season. Helicopter getting ready to fly between London and Manchester with the trophy on board  :D

Offline mikecee

I agree with your comments generally apart from his exit announcement undermining the squad.

There's 4 key players over 30 including Robertson, Van Dyke and Salah, and they're starting to show it.
We are a team in transition and that's probably why Klopp's been changing the ream so often.
Dias is the only forward who regularly has the skill, energy and confidence to run at defenders.
Salah has lost his magic, and there's no obvious replacement for him on the right wing.
Maybe we need to try Nunez in that role as I don't think he's going to get many goals as a striker.
Even the normally unflappable Van Dyke has lost his mojo and was seen wanting against the excellent Calvert-Lewin last night.
I guess it's no surprise as the Liverpool back four aren't a sound defensive unit any more and he's not getting the support he deserves.

History tells us it's always going to be difficult to replace a successful, transformative, charismatic and well loved manager.
He's been an inspirational manager to the players and fans, and the Klopp factor has probably enabled the team to reach a level of success that maybe belies the quality of the squad.

He'll have to deal with those older players with big egos, and get shut of Salah and a few more while they're valued assets.

I'm pleased that at least his managerial tactics appear to be similar, with the high intensity and defensive line style of play.

Don't know what's happening to your Hungarian midfielder (not even going to attempt to spell his surname).  He started the season brilliantly but recently his form has fell off a cliff.

BTW,  City are currently 3-0  up.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 08:41:56 pm by mikecee »

Offline webpunter

Everton put a big dent in Liverpool 's title hopes this week can Spurs do the same to the Gooners
 :unknown: I think the title is now Arsenal's to loose. Man City have 2 games in hand so need to win them both to go top again. I think it will all come down to the last game of the season. Helicopter getting ready to fly between London and Manchester with the trophy on board  :D

Are you feeling ok ?
3-0 up against Brighton after 35 mins, they could easily double this
To play:  Forest [A], Wolves [H], Fulham [A], Spursey [A], The Irons [H]

On the other hand the gooners have: Spursey [A], Bournemouth [H], Wankchester [A], Everton [H]
Disregard the Chelsea mauling, coz Chelsea have enough injured players to put out a team who would be in lower reaches of the Prem

City are 4-9 & the gooners 2-1 so maybe place a bet
On oddschecker the odds seem to take some time to adjust to matches in play
City have already won @ 3-0 so best to wait to back your instincts & put some money on Arsenal as the odds may lengthen
Vice versa to bet on Citeh best do this sooner rather than later as the odds will most likely shorten when the Brighton match finishes, maybe before

Offline mr.bluesky

Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney are available to ruin the club, ( sorry spelling error I mean to run the club) I'm sure fat Frank and especially fat Wazza would be made very welcome. (strange a certain Mr. Gerrard 's name hasn't been mentioned but then again everyone can see how he fucked Villa up)  :D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 08:52:47 pm by mr.bluesky »

Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney are available to ruin the club, ( sorry spelling error I mean to run the club) I'm sure fat Frank and especially fat Wazza would be made very welcome. (strange a certain Mr. Gerrard 's name hasn't been mentioned but then again everyone can see how he fucked Villa up)  :D

Mr Gerard isn’t coping too well with the heat in the desert.

Offline Malvolio

This season is already the highest-scoring Premier League season (with 20 teams), and there's still four full rounds to go, plus some postponed games.

Any theories why there are so many more goals this season?  Sheffield United and Burnley have both let plenty in, but it can't just be down to those clubs.

Offline JontyR

an extra 10 minutes at the end of games I reckon.

Online stampjones

Clearly it’s man city’s to lose as if they win all their games they win it. They need to lose (or draw) to lose it. Arsenal can win all their games and still not be champions (and in fact its very likely imo that there is close to zero chance of city losing based on previous experience

Offline mr.bluesky

This season is already the highest-scoring Premier League season (with 20 teams), and there's still four full rounds to go, plus some postponed games.

Any theories why there are so many more goals this season?  Sheffield United and Burnley have both let plenty in, but it can't just be down to those clubs.

I think having some weak teams in the Premier League doesn't help. All three promoted teams from the championship last season look like making a quick return. 38 to 40 points is usually the target for teams near the bottom to remain safe from relegation and the current bottom four teams are way off that target this season.  Poor Sheffield Utd's defence has more holes than a tea bag and thanks to parachute payments  (which I think is unfair- rewarding teams for failure) last seasons three relegated teams of Leicester,  Leeds Utd and Southampton could bounce straight back.  :unknown:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 05:45:20 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Blackpool Rock

That makes sense

The bottom three have let in 236 goals between them, outside of the top three virtually every team has let in at least 50 goals. Maybe the standard of defending has got worse?

If you compare that to England”s performance in tournament football, we always had good goalkeepers and strong defences but lacked quality in the attacking midfield positions and up front. Now we have some wonderful attacking players but our defence and goalkeepers aren’t all that. Maybe the goals conceded in the PL mirrors this trend.

I’ve just checked the final PL table from 2015/16 when Villa were relegated and we were an awful side then, the bottom three across 38 games let in 208 goals, so with four games to go the bottom three this season are on target to concede 250 goals between them.

I’m not looking at other tables for comparison, it was bad enough revisiting that league table but I think overall the standard of defending outside of the top three has got worse.

Offline webpunter

City are 4-9 & the gooners 2-1 so maybe place a bet
On oddschecker the odds seem to take some time to adjust to matches in play
City have already won @ 3-0 so best to wait to back your instincts & put some money on Arsenal as the odds may lengthen
Vice versa to bet on Citeh best do this sooner rather than later as the odds will most likely shorten when the Brighton match finishes, maybe before

External Link/Members Only
City:         2/5
Arsenal:    12/5
As an aside @mr.b are you feeling better now ? Arsenal's to lose  :rolleyes:  ;)

Offline Private Parts

The bottom three have let in 236 goals between them, outside of the top three virtually every team has let in at least 50 goals. Maybe the standard of defending has got worse?

If you compare that to England”s performance in tournament football, we always had good goalkeepers and strong defences but lacked quality in the attacking midfield positions and up front. Now we have some wonderful attacking players but our defence and goalkeepers aren’t all that. Maybe the goals conceded in the PL mirrors this trend.

I’ve just checked the final PL table from 2015/16 when Villa were relegated and we were an awful side then, the bottom three across 38 games let in 208 goals, so with four games to go the bottom three this season are on target to concede 250 goals between them.

I’m not looking at other tables for comparison, it was bad enough revisiting that league table but I think overall the standard of defending outside of the top three has got worse.

Top FOUR Jumpin’ !!!! We’re doing ok. UTV :hi:

Offline radioman33

Lots of goals going in at 90+4 etc

Top FOUR Jumpin’ !!!! We’re doing ok. UTV :hi:

I know, I’m still rubbing my eyes through sheer amazement! UTV

Offline mr.bluesky

Apparently Ten Hag has refused to answer questions from 3 newspapers from his Friday press conference,  The Sun, Daily Mirror and Manchester Evening news. Still upset with his teams criticism from Sundays fortuitous FA cup semi final win over Coventry.  Me thinks this man is living on borrowed time.  :D

Offline Private Parts

Apparently Ten Hag has refused to answer questions from 3 newspapers from his Friday press conference,  The Sun, Daily Mirror and Manchester Evening news. Still upset with his teams criticism from Sundays fortuitous FA cup semi final win over Coventry.  Me thinks this man is living on borrowed time.  :D

He could get a season ticket alongside Pochettino

Offline mr.bluesky

He could get a season ticket alongside Pochettino

I wonder which of the two will be sacked first  :unknown:

Offline webpunter

I wonder which of the two will be sacked first  :unknown:

Reading in the media Chelsea have a problem meeting FFP requirements [obvs] & sacking Poch & his team will cost them £6-£10m
Which could tip them into a breach with the resulting penalties etc

When i say breach of course the Chelsea figures reported are meaningless, creative accounting
& whopping losses

Offline webpunter

Leeds are doing their best to make the play-offs
Which means another year in the championship as 3rd place teams hardly ever go up, deflated etc
& they are utter shite in the playoffs

Edit:  & the 3rd has just gone in, [another] nail in the coffin   :dash:
Useless they dont deserve to go up playing this shite
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 09:36:09 pm by webpunter »

Offline mr.bluesky

Leeds are doing their best to make the play-offs
Which means another year in the championship as 3rd place teams hardly ever go up, deflated etc

Edit:  & the 3rd has just gone in, [another] nail in the coffin   :dash:
Useless they dont deserve to go up playing this shite

Bad day at the office for your boys webbie, unfortunately it means those cheating East Midlands inbreds are guaranteed promotion  :dash:
Still, it will be short lived when they start the new season with a points deduction.

Offline timsussex

Reading in the media Chelsea have a problem meeting FFP requirements [obvs] & sacking Poch & his team will cost them £6-£10m
Which could tip them into a breach with the resulting penalties etc

When i say breach of course the Chelsea figures reported are meaningless, creative accounting
& whopping losses

Poch is quoted as saying he "he no longer gets messages of support" from the Chelsea owners; he might jump before he is pushed

Offline webpunter

Poch is quoted as saying he "he no longer gets messages of support" from the Chelsea owners; he might jump before he is pushed

He would only do this if a new club for him & his team to go to
& the new club might have to pay compo
If he quits he loses the severance package
He'll meander along on his £10m+ p.a., messages of support or not
Billion Pound Boehly knows less than the square root of FA about 'soccer' so hard to figure how he might communicate with Poch
You never know Boehly might get lured into yank go team bollox & recruit Jesse Marsch, this would be amusing

Offline webpunter

Bad day at the office for your boys webbie, unfortunately it means those cheating East Midlands inbreds are guaranteed promotion  :dash:
Still, it will be short lived when they start the new season with a points deduction.

A bad day, thats an understatement
Hopefully the cheating fcukers will be dealt a deduction meaning that they are doomed from the start of the season
& getting relegated again within a short period of time drastically reduces parachute payments

Offline alftupper

Third hardly ever go up is one of the myths of football. This is from 2019, the most recent I could find;

Offline mr.bluesky

Third hardly ever go up is one of the myths of football. This is from 2019, the most recent I could find;

Luton Town did last session,  won the play off final after finishing 3rd  :cry:

Offline webpunter

@alftupper & @mr.b, i stand corrected
However not in the case of not so super leeds
Judging by yesterday's performance the girls team who won the league in the boys league on the south coast would have beat them
Nothing like heading to the playoffs in a rich vein of form  :rolleyes:

Online southcoastpunter

However not in the case of not so super leeds
Judging by yesterday's performance the girls team who won the league in the boys league on the south coast would have beat them

Leeds lost against QPR - the girls team are also Queens Park - an area of Bournemouth!!

Nothing like heading to the playoffs in a rich vein of form  :rolleyes:

pretty much like Southampton!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 10:53:18 am by southcoastpunter »

Offline mr.bluesky

Looks like it's the end of Liverpool 's title hopes now with just a draw against the "ammers"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 04:16:03 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline webpunter

Looks like it's the end of Liverpool 's title hopes now with just a draw against the "ammers"

An edit for you  ;)

Offline webpunter

After their shite performance yesterday evening Leeds can look forward to playing Sheffield Utd, Burnley & Luton / Forest next season

Burnley have Newcastle [H], Spurs [A] then Forest [H], if they get 3 points a result
Forest have a match in hand however:  City [H] - nil points, Sheff Utd [A] - a tricky one against a relegated team, Chelsea [A] & Burnley [A] - 3 to 4 points maybe
Luton have:  Everton [H] - who are safe from the drop, West Ham [A] & Fulham [H], both these teams are on the beach - will they get 2 points more than Forest noting the GD ?

Would prefer to see the FFP cheats Forest get relegated rather than Luton
& Forest will be financially fcuked going down [they are already up shit creek without a paddle] so less likely to be able to put together a decent squad for the championship
Whereas i get the sense that Luton have planned financially to go down & to reap the rewards off the back of one season in the Prem & parachute payments

On other matters a shite Leeds performance is softened with Wankchester managing to secure a draw against the mighty Burnley @ home
& a happy ending with Burnley equalizing on 87 mins  :lol: :yahoo:

Offline mr.bluesky

Still hanging on in there webbie, Ipswich dropping points again tonight and they face the mighty Sky Blues on Tuesday night. Play offs out of reach now for us but I'm sure our boys will want to finish the season on a high although we're running short of fit players  :scare: could be giving a run out to some of our youth team players.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 10:56:06 pm by mr.bluesky »

Offline timsussex

Still hanging on in there webbie, Ipswich dropping points again tonight and they face the mighty Sky Blues on Tuesday night. Play offs out of reach now for us but I'm sure our boys will want to finish the season on a high although we're running short of fit players  :scare: could be giving a run out to some of our youth team players.

Not sure a draw away to a team with a chance of the playoffs is really dropping points but I know what you mean. With Coventry and Huddersfield left compared to Southampton for Leeds I would favour the Tractor boys

Offline mr.bluesky

With the season drawing to a conclusion I'd like to see the following happen.
Luton to stay up over cheating Nottingham Forest,  I'd have loved to see Liverpool win the Premier league for Klop but failing that couldn't care less who wins it now.
Newcastle to finish above Wankchester Utd and quality for Europe.
Leeds and Ipswich get promoted to the Premier league,  successive promotions for Ipswich would be a remarkable achievement.  Leeds back in the Premier league as they are a big club and should be there. ( and see the banter between @webpunter, /@shed :D)
Manchester City to win the FA cup for obvious reasons . Villa to finish in the top four to show what a good manager and good job Emery has done there.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 09:41:09 am by mr.bluesky »

Offline Jomoore

Leeds and Ipswich get promoted to the Premier league,  successive promotions for Ipswich would be a remarkable achievement.  Leeds back in the Premier league as they are a big club and should be there. ( and see the banter between @webpunter, /@shed :D)

Agree, but I'm still hoping you do us a big favour on Tuesday  :thumbsup:

Online southcoastpunter

successive promotions for Ipswich would be a remarkable achievement. 

yes it will (i think they will do it) - last team to do it before was my lot (Southampton)

Leeds back in the Premier league as they are a big club and should be there. ( and see the banter between @webpunter, /@shed :D)

i think the playoff final will be Southampton v Leeds - as long as we don't play like we did yesterday. It was misery at St Marys yesterday. An awful performance! Next Saturday, the final league game of the season is Leeds V Southampton which could be a non event for both teams as the outcome will be irrelevant (Ipswich should already be promoted with Leicester ) and its important not to get any injuries etc for the playoffs!

Offline webpunter

Luton to stay up over cheating Nottingham Forest,  I'd have loved to see Liverpool win the Premier league for Klop but failing that couldn't care less who wins it now.
Newcastle to finish above Wankchester Utd and quality for Europe.
Manchester City to win the FA cup for obvious reasons . Villa to finish in the top four to show what a good manager and good job Emery has done there.

We are on the same page
The above would be ideal🤞

Tho Arsenal winning the Prem would mix things up a bit & maybe Arteta would calm down a bit
For me Klopp has been relentlessly moaning about sooo many things this season, early KOs just one example

& City to batter Wanchester @ Wembley

Not sure if the big club stuff applies to Leeds, it does when it comes to the fans especially the travelling Yorkshire Republican Army
However the stadium is very dated, like TTONM
& the club / fans seem shocked when not chosen to host matches for the euro footy  :rolleyes:

For a one club city with a stadium capacity just shy of 38,000 they should be doing better 
Bournemouth have just over 11,000 seats & they're firmly ensconced in the Prem, they'll have a quarter / one fifth of match day income of many clubs
Maybe 1/10th of the likes of Spurs Arsenal City & Wankchester who in addition to 50,000+ seats there are large no's of corporate / hospitality seats which generate significant income
Someone in the know @ Arsenal mentioned to me that the middle tier at Arsenal generates as much match day income [tickets & sales of food drinks etc] as the rest of the stadium put together 

Offline webpunter

i think the playoff final will be Southampton v Leeds - as long as we don't play like we did yesterday. It was misery at St Marys yesterday. An awful performance! Next Saturday, the final league game of the season is Leeds V Southampton which could be a non event for both teams as the outcome will be irrelevant (Ipswich should already be promoted with Leicester ) and its important not to get any injuries etc for the playoffs!

Maybe
Leeds should have beat Quarter Pound of Rubbish, instead they imploded  :dash:
If they had won they'd be in the driving seat with goal difference

Saturday could well be a non event or a very nervy day if Leeds are still in the hunt
The question is if the scenario is that if Leeds win next weekend they go up, do Southampton 'let' Leeds win ?
To face Ipswich or would they prefer Leeds in the play offs ?

Offline mr.bluesky

Somebody should tell Tottenham the game against Arsenal kicked off at 2pm. They haven't turned up yet  :D

Offline StingRay

Somebody should tell Tottenham the game against Arsenal kicked off at 2pm. They haven't turned up yet  :D

Unfortunately they did, albeit a bit late, but good result for Gooners!

Wishing everybody a Happy St. Totteringham's Day  :hi:

Offline Blackpool Rock

Discussions about new rules on how much Prem clubs can spend, effectively bring in a cap linked to the TV revenue of the club who earns the least
While the vote was only on whether to explore something 3 clubs voted against - Man City; Man Utd and Villa, Chelsea abstained

Offline Blackpool Rock

Man Utd appear to be looking at having a Fire sale and are open to offers on almost every player in their squad  :scare:

I'm guessing most clubs would rather invest in a fire extinguisher though  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline mr.bluesky

Man Utd appear to be looking at having a Fire sale and are open to offers on almost every player in their squad  :scare:

I'm guessing most clubs would rather invest in a fire extinguisher though  :rolleyes:  :D

We'll offer £1 for Rashford,  the kitman can do with some help on matchdays  :D

Offline webpunter

Cov gave it a go this evening  :hi:
Same again next season your lot & mine

You have to give it to Ipswich, very nearly back to back promotions
To be confirmed on Saturday

On the other hand Leeds have a number of players who can play in the Prem / other top leagues in europe
Which is where they will be next season
One of the highest squad values & wage bill, supported by parachute payments
& have blown it 
Useless