Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: AW Password warning  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Bassman

Hello all,

Tried logging into my AW account. I do this with my phone, auto log in once the log in screen comes up. Basically it adds my username and password and then I click to log in.

Well I got a message pop up on my screen saying that my password was in a data leak and I should change it. Logged out, tested it - same again. So closed it all down. Jumped back on AW and changed it.

Anyone else have this happen before?

Online Corus Boy

Hello all,

Tried logging into my AW account. I do this with my phone, auto log in once the log in screen comes up. Basically it adds my username and password and then I click to log in.

Well I got a message pop up on my screen saying that my password was in a data leak and I should change it. Logged out, tested it - same again. So closed it all down. Jumped back on AW and changed it.

Anyone else have this happen before?

Yes a number of years back.

I was dubious and considered where the scam could be.

Changed the password and continued to change it every day for about two weeks and from different devices.

I have no idea why I considered this appoach gave me any greater security but no one stole my five credits or made any bookings for me.

Offline Londonpunter30

Which browser are you using ?  It’s a feature of google chrome

Offline Bassman

Which browser are you using ?  It’s a feature of google chrome
I’m using safari

Offline Bassman

Yes a number of years back.

I was dubious and considered where the scam could be.

Changed the password and continued to change it every day for about two weeks and from different devices.

I have no idea why I considered this appoach gave me any greater security but no one stole my five credits or made any bookings for me.
I’m doing similar.

Offline iluvhairycurvygirls

I assume you're using IOs 14? The password manager has a new feature built in that will check the stored password against a list of known hacks. There's a website you can check (haveibeenpwned.com) was/is run by Troy Hunt (a security guru) and you can check passwords or accounts for references to previous hacks. For instance LinkedIn was hacked and all email and passords leaked unencrypted. So if you use same password at linkedin and anywhere else it's potentionaly compromised any account with same email and passwird combo.

Ashley Madison, adultfriendfinder, adobe, linkedin, yahoo, loads of companies have been exposed. Never re-use passwords and you'll be much safer. That way if one service is compromised your password wont match for your email or spotify or worse online banking.

There's no need to change it every few days - you've probably just used same password in multiple accounts or it matched one in the common list.

Offline Bassman

I assume you're using IOs 14? The password manager has a new feature built in that will check the stored password against a list of known hacks. There's a website you can check (haveibeenpwned.com) was/is run by Troy Hunt (a security guru) and you can check passwords or accounts for references to previous hacks. For instance LinkedIn was hacked and all email and passords leaked unencrypted. So if you use same password at linkedin and anywhere else it's potentionaly compromised any account with same email and passwird combo.

Ashley Madison, adultfriendfinder, adobe, linkedin, yahoo, loads of companies have been exposed. Never re-use passwords and you'll be much safer. That way if one service is compromised your password wont match for your email or spotify or worse online banking.

There's no need to change it every few days - you've probably just used same password in multiple accounts or it matched one in the common list.

Thanks for that. Since my last update I’ve noticed I’ve had to renter passwords for
Emails etc a lot more. It’s actually annoying lol.

As for AW, it’s not a password I use anywhere else but hey ho, it’s been changed now.

:thumbsdown: