Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Another reason to use a dedicated punting phone/sim...  (Read 2696 times)

vw

Yes I've had friend recommendations.
Bet they did to

I saw 3 sisters on my primary school FaceBook  group punted with all 3 separately over the years.  Never been suggested I know them though !

Offline bbwandy72

I have a 15 quid PAYG punting phone from Tesco which works just fine. The only exception has been one touring girl that wanted me to email her when I arrived so she could tell me the room number. I had to explain that I only had a very basic phone that didn't do email, which made things a bit trickier as she wasn't keen on giving out the room number in advance or her phone number. So I'm considering getting a slightly more upmarket punting phone.

Offline lostandfound

Well elcheapo phone uses likely 2G. Decent phone 3G

The traditional (old) 2G phones used the Full rate (FR) and then Enhanced Full Rate (EFR) codecs. While they were good enough, later on the newer phones started using Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) codecs. 3G used AMR codecs by default. This results in better voice quality and clarity.

Plus 2G calls cost incredibly more than 3G. I get 3p per min with my 321 Pay as you go from Three. On 2G I think its something like 60p per min.

My advice would be to go and get a locked Grade B Blackberrry Curve from CEX for £25. Get the unlock code for it for 60p via ebay. And there you go (this is what I have done to get a second punting phone last week).

Interesting information - thanks. They seem to have unlocked Curve 9360 phones in 'Good' condition around that price ('Mint' seems rare). Something that can run Google maps and take advantage of a 3G PAYG plan would be very useful.

One thing that would concern me about a 2nd hand phone would be what sort of condition the battery is in, as I understand a typical phone battery can be charged approx 400 times and is then knackered. Did that not concern you - buying a second hand phone?

Offline lostandfound

... but maybe this answers my question about batteries - as it seems a replacement may cost a fiver or so! (quite a bit cheaper than an iPhone battery replacement I think).

External Link/Members Only