Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: ULEZ expansion  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Spermwhale1966

Wonder if we will see any WGs reducing prices to take account of the ULEZ changes.
I only seldom punt but a potential £12.50 additional cost will probably keep me out of the new zone...
SW

Offline Tomcat

Wonder if we will see any WGs reducing prices to take account of the ULEZ changes.
I only seldom punt but a potential £12.50 additional cost will probably keep me out of the new zone...
SW

Well if someone mentions his to the WG’S they or may not take note, I'm sure there business will be effected but my opinion not by much.

Offline SamOmar

I imagine the vast majority of people travel by public transport to see a Central London working girl that is why an incall location close to a tube station is always a positive. I don't see prices going down at all (In London)
Banned reason: Undesirable, convicted sex trafficker / pimp
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Munter84

Much more likely they would raise prices rather than lower them, no? Any increase in costs invariably gets passed on to the end user.

I like the reasoning though. "Look love, I know your stated rate is £150, but the daily Oyster cap was raised, so I can only give you £149.40. Fair's fair"

Offline magnetico

Much more likely they would raise prices rather than lower them, no? Any increase in costs invariably gets passed on to the end user.

This 👆

Offline Jeffers77

I do hope they will take into account the imminent National Insurance rise and high gas prices too.

Offline Reallytired86

You’d be having to drive a pretty old car to get caught by it.

Offline JustaPunter

SW

If £12:50 is a financial burden maybe punting is not for that person at the moment?

I honestly don’t know many people with a non ULEZ vehicle.

Those that do have been caught out by the Labour Government and their push on diesels, and had Euro 5, DPF equipped diesels for the long term.

I feel sorry for those who bought a 15 plate diesel on HP, I know a bloke that bought a 16 plate Renault van brand new, it’s a Euro 5 because some vans were still Euro 5 till 66 plate.

It’s done 30k miles.

But hey, what do you expect with somebody like Sadiq Khan in City Hall.

Offline meptalon

I imagine the vast majority of people travel by public transport to see a Central London working girl that is why an incall location close to a tube station is always a positive. I don't see prices going down at all (In London)

This. Always using the tube and sometimes Uber or equivalent, so never old cars.

I didn't even know what this "ULEZ" was and had to google it. For the OP: it's always a good thing to tell what you're talking about instead of assuming that just everyone knows.

Offline Deeplove

You’d be having to drive a pretty old car to get caught by it.

2015 diesel isn't old, some e or s class mercs don't even comply

Offline Deeplove

If £12:50 is a financial burden maybe punting is not for that person at the moment?

I honestly don’t know many people with a non ULEZ vehicle.

Those that do have been caught out by the Labour Government and their push on diesels, and had Euro 5, DPF equipped diesels for the long term.

I feel sorry for those who bought a 15 plate diesel on HP, I know a bloke that bought a 16 plate Renault van brand new, it’s a Euro 5 because some vans were still Euro 5 till 66 plate.

It’s done 30k miles.

But hey, what do you expect with somebody like Sadiq Khan in City Hall.

The annoying thing for me was how many even knew about the consultation taking place.

My work colleagues knew about the ulez expansion after the consultation had finished, it was all hush hush, there were no advertisements regarding it expanding untill march this year!

So annoying.

Offline clittielicker

I feel that there is more to this to worry about. If for example you are let down by a bait and switch just outside the ULEZ then look for a super sub as you don't want to waste the little blue pill, then the super sub is just inside the zone and you forget to pay, or just as bad you pay then the o/h sees the fee charged and all hell breaks loose. I have heard that there is plans to expand the zone to the M25.
I have to agree that many cars are non ULEZ despite the public being begged to buy diesel cars like mine. Why should I change a perfectly good running car just to comply with this TAX. Once again it is lets get some cash from the car owners, they can afford a car they can give us more tax. I mean road tax, fuel duty, insurance, mot, congestion charge, ulez, parking charges, speeding tickets, bus lane tickets and the list goes on, the answer is supposed to be buy electric vehicles to avoid some of the charges, you know what is next, electric bills will rocket. This all adds up to less cash to spend on our fun time, so yes I think our working ladies should take all this into account and get their prices down like their knickers. :D

Offline JustaPunter

I feel that there is more to this to worry about. If for example you are let down by a bait and switch just outside the ULEZ then look for a super sub as you don't want to waste the little blue pill, then the super sub is just inside the zone and you forget to pay, or just as bad you pay then the o/h sees the fee charged and all hell breaks loose. I have heard that there is plans to expand the zone to the M25.
I have to agree that many cars are non ULEZ despite the public being begged to buy diesel cars like mine. Why should I change a perfectly good running car just to comply with this TAX. Once again it is lets get some cash from the car owners, they can afford a car they can give us more tax. I mean road tax, fuel duty, insurance, mot, congestion charge, ulez, parking charges, speeding tickets, bus lane tickets and the list goes on, the answer is supposed to be buy electric vehicles to avoid some of the charges, you know what is next, electric bills will rocket. This all adds up to less cash to spend on our fun time, so yes I think our working ladies should take all this into account and get their prices down like their knickers. :D

To be honest the ULEZ really only affects diesel car owners in large numbers.

Many petrol cars were compliant long before it was compulsory for.petrol cars to be Euro4, a mate has a 2002 Mini and it is compliant, same goes for a mate with an A4 convertible on an 04 plate, and its a 3.0....

I know a bloke who has a 15 plate E220 diesel and he is going to take a hit when he sells it and another bloke that has a 16 plate Renault van, a Master i think, and its Euro5.

He bought it new and intended to keep it for at least 10 years, now he has to sell it as he can't justify spending nearly £70 a week on ULEZ.

I don't know anybody that thinks Sadiq Khan won't expand the ULEZ as far out as he can.

The cameras and infrastructure for the old LEZ are already in place
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 02:42:24 pm by JustaPunter »

Offline lillythesavage

To be honest the ULEZ really only affects diesel car owners in large numbers.

Many petrol cars were compliant long before it was compulsory for.petrol cars to be Euro4, a mate has a 2002 Mini and it is compliant, same goes for a mate with an A4 convertible on an 04 plate, and its a 3.0....

I know a bloke who has a 15 plate E220 diesel and he is going to take a hit when he sells it and another bloke that has a 16 plate Renault van, a Master i think, and its Euro5.

He bought it new and intended to keep it for at least 10 years, now he has to sell it as he can't justify spending nearly £70 a week on ULEZ.

I don't know anybody that thinks Sadiq Khan won't expand the ULEZ as far out as he can.

If anyone takes a hit on any car/van 10 years old or newer in the current market then it is their own stupidity, even diesels, there are so many selling tools and used car dealers are screaming for new stock, never take the first offer or listen to dealers using the Ulez to push down a trade in price, it is only city drivers affected.

I put my Golf into webuyanycar, first price was 16145, ignored it and it went up every few days, I let them buy it at 18100, I paid 16995 nearly 2 years and 30000 miles ago.

The downside is a replacement will have the same premium.

Your mate with the Renault was mugged, 2016 was the change over to Euro 6, dealers were discounting Euro 5 vans to get out of them, they knew what was coming, the good news is vans are in very short supply and used prices have nearly doubled in the last year or so, finding a Euro 6 replacement may not be so easy.

Offline lougb1

My problem is my camper van which I have succeeded with using as a shag van for outcall dogging meets is non compliant so I am down £12.50 if ever I want to try dogging again.

:dash: :dash:

Offline magnetico

What do you mean by this?

Offline lillythesavage

Probably the area for the large van and truck Lez, which has always been much larger than the Ulez is now, a few miles inside the M25.  :unknown:

Offline magnetico

Probably the area for the large van and truck Lez, which has always been much larger than the Ulez is now, a few miles inside the M25.  :unknown:

Very good point, the lorry/van LEZ could be repurposed for barely any infrastructure cost.

Offline lillythesavage

Very good point, the lorry/van LEZ could be repurposed for barely any infrastructure cost.

no re purposing needed, the cameras are there but mainly on main roads, it would need other roads covered.

Offline JustaPunter

Exactly what it says.

The LEZ goes right out to the boundary of the TfL area.

It only applies to HGVs, not cars.

In other words an absolute doddle to increase the ULEZ to the boundary of the older LEZ