Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thailand lifting all arrival restrictions from 1st July?  (Read 4547 times)

Offline mrx007

Some info here. One site says for definite, the other say "planned" though they are slightly older articles I think. Does that means they allow us Brits with our "apparently poor" figures I wonder.

External Link/Members Only

Offline Prince_s

Maybe it depends on whether our government is building any bridges with thailand?  :D

hardtoplease

Just watched a YouTube vlogger I follow speaking on this precise topic. He’s in-country. Says the chances of the U.K. getting access remains slim because Thailand only wants to allow travellers from countries who are virus free for 30 days minimum.

But he then goes on to say China are included. Which is a laugh  :D

Offline wakemeup

Also depends when UK allows international ( Non European ) travel

hardtoplease

Also depends when UK allows international ( Non European ) travel

I have flights booked for 1st November, booked well before lockdown, got everything crossed

Offline ronthebrummie

I`ve got flights booked for November, fingers crossed, wont be going if I have to self isolate for 2 weeks on return

hardtoplease

I`ve got flights booked for November, fingers crossed, wont be going if I have to self isolate for 2 weeks on return

You heading to Pattaya dude? I’m supposed to be there 4th to the 14th. And I don’t give a flying fuck about this quarantine. For one, I’m self-employed and work from home anyway so zero hassle for me. Just get food delivered. And this won’t be permitted to last. The UK government (and Priti Patel in particular) is under too much pressure and will have to remove this ludicrous barrier ASAP before the entire tourism industry is destroyed forever. I give it to the middle of July tops.

Offline ronthebrummie

Yes mate arrive 8/11 2 weeks, reckon all will ok by then or the country will be well and truly f****d economically?

hardtoplease

Yes mate arrive 8/11 2 weeks, reckon all will ok by then or the country will be well and truly f****d economically?

Have you joined the Pattaya addicts forum? Or am I talking to a Pattaya Master Monger  :D :D :D

Offline ronthebrummie

Yep been an advanced member some time now

hardtoplease

Yep been an advanced member some time now

I see, an old hand at the joys of Pattaya  :P this will be my first time. I’ll be gutted if it goes tits-up  :mad:

Offline Rossi

Things in Thailand will be back to normal by the time you get to November, also on the subject of UK that should be cancelled soon - they need to  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 12:39:10 am by Rossi »

hardtoplease

Things in Thailand will be back to normal by the time you get to November, also on the subject of UK that should be cancelled soon - they need to  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Offline brightonfuntime

hey,

you guys should check out bangkokpost…......it looks like very bad news for caucasin tourists - or as their rascist health minister calls us...….dirty farang!

Thailand holidays might be over for now or until the army stop running the place.

Offline mrx007

hardtoplease

Not looking that good then.

Not at the moment, no. But once the Thai government sees the shit mess they are in without the farang tourists, they’ll soon buckle. Well, I hope they do

Offline brightonfuntime

obviously I don't have a clue what will happen......but china is influencing them quite heavily. the thai generals hate farangs and they can afford to not have us there.

I do have quite a bit of experience of that country.....its changed. its getting richer and its moving away from its reliance on the west.

I think its kind of over as a cool place to go.

Offline sparkus

I see, an old hand at the joys of Pattaya  :P this will be my first time. I’ll be gutted if it goes tits-up  :mad:

What I wouldn't give for tits up in Pattaya right now...

Offline billybob69

Not at the moment, no. But once the Thai government sees the shit mess they are in without the farang tourists, they’ll soon buckle. Well, I hope they do
Farang tourists or Farang sex-tourists?
The Thai authorities have been trying to rid the country of its reputation as a sex tourist destination for years now, so I'm not sure they will be welcoming us mongers back with open arms.
Sure they are desperately missing the euros from the European tourists, but the number of visitors from China far outweighs tourists from any other country. Their first priority will be getting tourists back from countries such as China and Malaysia than potentially pox-ridden Brits.

Offline wtfb

I have read in the Bangkok Post that Thailand are considering some "travel bubbles" with countries that they consider have the virus well controlled. However there are no firm plans yet and their first priority is to repatriate Thais who have been trapped abroad. I think it's very unlikely that these travel bubbles will be in operation by July 1st.

Offline Jeffers77

Some hope...
Assume the UK is doing similar....

Offline Goodfellas000

The problem is the Thai Government. They are quite happy to see farang out of LOS for as long as possible. They don't appear to have any interest whatsoever in the trillion plus Baht lost from foreign tourists arriving en-masse into the country. Instead the tourist boards are trying to make Thailand into the 'Caribbean of Asia' where only the wealthiest of tourists looking to splurge on the most expensive hotels and resorts will be welcome therefore attracting far fewer numbers than the tens of millions pre-Covid.

I see this as a similar situation to when Amsterdam decided to clean up the city by closing the weed bars which in turn lost the city hundreds of millions in tourist money. Eventually after a few years they realised just how much money was missing from their annual budgets and slowly reinstated the cafe bars.

I don't expect Thailand to ever be the same again as there are other countries in the region offering almost what Thailand had and for a much lesser cost on the finances. The Amsterdam situation didn't have this problem and as soon as they opened up the cafe bars again, the numbers shot up as they were still the only European city offering legalized cannabis cafes.

Offline wtfb

As of today all the bars, soapy massages etc that we love are all allowed to reopen. They have limited hours (close at midnight) and social distancing will be enforced (how??). There will be limits on the number of customers and massage places won't be allowed to offer sexual services(!!)

The first tourists are expected to be allowed into Thailand in August, but probably only from some Asean countries. 

Offline Lothian83

Having been to Thailand twice with my other half, it's looking like I'll be a single guy in the near future and I'd love to go back and see things i didn't first time around. Also, what other countries would be worth visiting for some meets amongst holidaying? Vietnam? Cambodia? Malaysia?

Offline wtfb

I really like the Philippines, a great mix of tourist destinations and multiple punting opportunities. I love the people and they speak English pretty well. However, despite 100 days of quarantine/lockdown covid-19 infection rates are rising fairly dramatically and some areas like Cebu are being very badly hit. I would happily have spent a couple of months or more there every year but at the moment it's not a destimation to consider.

Offline toon972

I really like the Philippines, a great mix of tourist destinations and multiple punting opportunities. I love the people and they speak English pretty well. However, despite 100 days of quarantine/lockdown covid-19 infection rates are rising fairly dramatically and some areas like Cebu are being very badly hit. I would happily have spent a couple of months or more there every year but at the moment it's not a destimation to consider.

Yeh I am hoping the Philippines will be my next destination, planning to hire a  scooter and do some touristy stuff mixed with a bit of pleasure. Don't think it will be any time soon though.

Offline Animalbeast

I read that the Thai Gov and Tourism body are looking at this as an opportunity to reset the image of Thailand and the type of western tourist that it attracts. It’s better for them and their image to have 1 well off western tourist that visits with a partner and spends £300 per day (including accommodation) then 3 budget punters that spend only £50 per day (including accommodation) on the country and rest on punting.
Banned reason: Doesn’t listen to warnings
Banned by: Kev40ish

Offline sparkus

I read that the Thai Gov and Tourism body are looking at this as an opportunity to reset the image of Thailand and the type of western tourist that it attracts. It’s better for them and their image to have 1 well off western tourist that visits with a partner and spends £300 per day (including accommodation) then 3 budget punters that spend only £50 per day (including accommodation) on the country and rest on punting.

Same as Amsterdam really.  But that's because the city's inhabitants are fed up of the impact tourism has so they're trying to deter weekend hedonists in packs and get more families/seniors in (who'd be put off by the stag weekend crowd).  That and the city council has veered to the eco left recently and is obviously influenced by the Nordic model.

I think in Thailand's case it's just marketing though, whereas in Amsterdam they want the RLD and drug cafes to shut up shop for good (most of the WGs aren't Dutch).  Those Thai WGs would struggle to get other work.