Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: "Love Island" thread  (Read 1070 times)

Offline fudi_maar

Okay....okay....I know that we're not a bunch of screaming teenage girls and don't usually watch this trash, but I've come to quite enjoy it in the background when I'm doing other things. Couldn't help but start a thread on this to talk about :

- how hot some of the women are, and how I can feel something tingling in my boxers when I see the likes of Liberty Poole or Lucinda
- how musce-ly the guys are - and how I was never like than when I was skinny little 21 year old
- how common it is for young women to ruin themselves with duck lips
- how little games are being played by the contestants
- how fucking awesome that villa is!!!!

Offline mr.bluesky

More like Bimbos and muscelbound airheads who are just after 5 minutes of fame. I don't waste my time watching it.

Offline mikecee

Offline Chorley

Okay....okay....I know that we're not a bunch of screaming teenage girls and don't usually watch this trash, but I've come to quite enjoy it in the background when I'm doing other things. Couldn't help but start a thread on this to talk about :

- how hot some of the women are, and how I can feel something tingling in my boxers when I see the likes of Liberty Poole or Lucinda
- how musce-ly the guys are - and how I was never like than when I was skinny little 21 year old
I'd rather stare at  a wall for 24 hours than subject myself to that shite  :thumbsdown: I'd say the reason that the lads are so buff is that like most young lads these days they spend they're life in the gym and are abusing steroids like you wouldn't believe.  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 03:52:40 pm by Chorley »

Offline Punterperson1971

2 simple answers to your post
1:it’s shite and no real man watches it
2:you need to get out more
Oh and 3rd go and see a TS as they are my attractive than any of them things in the villa
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 04:02:47 pm by Punterperson1971 »

Offline mr.bluesky

I'd rather stare at  a wall for 24 hours than subject myself to that shite  :thumbsdown: I'd say the reason that the lads are so buff is that like most young lads these days they spend they're life in the gym and are abusing steroids like you wouldn't believe.  :thumbsdown:

Resulting in big muscles and shrivelled dicks

Offline Payyourwaymate

I sat down and watched it once years ago to try to understand the hype. All I thought was that it was a pretty vacuous, superficial show where the contestants are seen as entertainment pieces and not prepared for the after effects of the short term fame. They are aesthetically up there though, so I suppose that is enough to keep peoples attention and the drama between them aswell helps.

It's not reflective of normal day to day living at all but I guess that is why people watch it.

Offline Chorley

I sat down and watched it once years ago to try to understand the hype. All I thought was that it was a pretty vacuous, superficial show where the contestants are seen as entertainment pieces and not prepared for the after effects of the short term fame. They are aesthetically up there though, so I suppose that is enough to keep peoples attention and the drama between them aswell helps.

It's not reflective of normal day to day living at all but I guess that is why people watch it.
Sadly I'd say its completely reflective of how a large priportion of young men and women look and at least aspire to live their lives. Go to any pub club or similar venue at a weekend, or somewhere like Ibiza or similar and you'll see clones of the "stars" of the show behaving in a similar or often worse manner than the morons they idolise.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 05:59:19 pm by Chorley »

Offline fudi_maar

I'd say the reason that the lads are so buff is that like most young lads these days they spend they're life in the gym and are abusing steroids like you wouldn't believe.  :thumbsdown:

Yeah, I wonder how much of that buff-ness is the result of steroids. If it's as widespread as you say, then the long-term consequences for these young guys is not good. I guess they are too short-sighted to be able to play the long game.

There is no coincidence of course that the show is set on a hot island, as it's a good excuse to show the contestants in their swimming clothes/bikinis all day. Not that I'm complaining. Superficiality is the name of the game.

Something else I find a bit weird is that the contestants sleep on the same bed right from the very first night with whoever they are 'coupled-up' with. How times have changed - on Big Brother 20 years ago, there used to be a boys room and girls room.

Offline Payyourwaymate

Sadly I'd say its completely reflective of how a large priportion of young men and women look and at least aspire to live their lives. Go to any pub club or similar venue at a weekend, or somewhere like Ibiza or similar and you'll see clones of the "stars" of the show behaving in a similar or often worse manner than the morons they idolise.  :rolleyes:

You reckon? Maybe it's a "social class" aspect then. I am in my 20s and never really aspired to live like that or have come across many people that acted in such a manner in my age range since I left uni. Although, when I was in uni I did come across people from "middle class" and up backgrounds that did behave in such a manner. Perhaps it's a "cultural" appeal.

Offline fudi_maar

You reckon? Maybe it's a "social class" aspect then. I am in my 20s and never really aspired to live like that or have come across many people that acted in such a manner in my age range since I left uni. Although, when I was in uni I did come across people from "middle class" and up backgrounds that did behave in such a manner. Perhaps it's a "cultural" appeal.

Possibly a class thing - however, most of the contestants on the show are definitely 'working' class - I use the word loosely, cos I'm sure many of the women haven't done a days work, or have a proper job. They call themselves "influencers". It may be more of a large-city mentality -  eg. more young people from London may be bent on behaving like the contestants, cos they see it more in everyday life with their peers, as opposed to a country bumpkin.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

- how hot some of the women are, and how I can feel something tingling in my boxers when I see the likes of Liberty Poole or Lucinda - Lucinda is the only good looking one in my opinion. The rest are trash
- how musce-ly the guys are - and how I was never like than when I was skinny little 21 year old - exactly what others have said. Gym / steroids
- how common it is for young women to ruin themselves with duck lips - dunno not many people in real life have that much cosmetic surgery done. But I dont live in London or Manchester or Essex and I reckon more likely more common there.
- how little games are being played by the contestants - they're all playing games there is £50k at stake. Anyone who goes on these types of shows to find true love is lying
- how fucking awesome that villa is!!!! - fuck yes!!

If you enjoy it great. Like the stupid pineapple on pizza argument who gives a crap. If you enjoy it you enjoy it, I certainly do  :thumbsup:

Offline Payyourwaymate

Possibly a class thing - however, most of the contestants on the show are definitely 'working' class - I use the word loosely, cos I'm sure many of the women haven't done a days work, or have a proper job. They call themselves "influencers". It may be more of a large-city mentality -  eg. more young people from London may be bent on behaving like the contestants, cos they see it more in everyday life with their peers, as opposed to a country bumpkin.

I'm not sure about that, "working class" people of that age do not have the time or money to maintain themselves like the typical love island contestant does. One thing for sure, when I was broke I did not have time or money to look like they do or go clubbing etc. Unless these people are putting themselves in debt hoping for a big break?

Offline notcalledchris

I was keep to look at pics of the girls in their bikinis in the papers and on the web, but was disappointed that they were not actually that fit.  Dreadful lips and kinda  fat some of them.

Offline fudi_maar

"- how little games are being played by the contestants - they're all playing games there is £50k at stake. Anyone who goes on these types of shows to find true love is lying"

Yep, the £50K is a big driving force but even bigger is the fame - the more weeks they stay on the show the more visibility they get, and the greater their Instagram following becomes. They become a mini-celebrity. And then leverage this to earn an income, become promoters, influencers etc.

That girl Zara McDermott who was on the show a couple of years ago went onto date Made in Chelsea's Sam Thompson and appeared on the show herself. I doubt if she'll ever even think about applying for a regular job again. She used to be a simple admin girl working in the civil service and now has 1.5million Insta followers allowing her to make a living promoting brands, and charge her subscribers for blog articles.

The shifting sands of time and progress have led to new avenues and opportunities.

Offline winkywanky

Exactly, and the incidence of suicide/mental wellbeing issues of contestants which arise out of that programme are no surprise whatsoever  :unknown:.

It is literally plastic people being artificial, for the perverted pleasure of millions.

Bizarre.

Offline PunterNumber69

You mean it's about money and fame and not about love?

O M G!

I'd still like to be as buff as some of those guys.

Offline winkywanky

You mean it's about money and fame and not about love?

O M G!

Yes, but would it turn you into a vacuous, strutting, self-centred, narcissistic wanker?

Be careful what you wish for.

Offline fudi_maar

Exactly, and the incidence of suicide/mental wellbeing issues of contestants which arise out of that programme are no surprise whatsoever  :unknown:.

Interesting - are there any stats available?

Offline winkywanky

Interesting - are there any stats available?

No idea.

And no interest, either.

But it's frequently in the news, and would be no surprise to me. I think there has actually been a suicide of one contestant?

To be honest, I could see a lot of the contestants in a show like that wanting to keep themselves in the news after the event, at all costs. So some of the whining might be totally bogus, which I guess is in keeping with the format  :rolleyes:. I mean, how can you become a successful inlfuencer if people have forgotten you?

Offline fudi_maar

No idea.

And no interest, either.

Not trying to get confrontational, but if you have no idea, then how do you know....

"Exactly, and the incidence of suicide/mental wellbeing issues of contestants which arise out of that programme are no surprise whatsoever  :unknown:"

Totally agree on them constantly trying to be in the media limelight cos they need visibility to be an influencer.
There's another show called 'Celebs Go Dating' - some of the Love Island contestants have appeared on that afterwards - I doubt if any of them need any help in finding a date/partner, but just come on the show "looking for love" so that they are in the media again.

[/b]

Offline winkywanky

Not trying to get confrontational, but if you have no idea, then how do you know....

"Exactly, and the incidence of suicide/mental wellbeing issues of contestants which arise out of that programme are no surprise whatsoever  :unknown:"

Totally agree on them constantly trying to be in the media limelight cos they need visibility to be an influencer.
There's another show called 'Celebs Go Dating' - some of the Love Island contestants have appeared on that afterwards - I doubt if any of them need any help in finding a date/partner, but just come on the show "looking for love" so that they are in the media again.

[/b]

I know, because when I watch the TV News those twats are frequently all over it with their 'mental health issues' and yes, I'm pretty sure there was a high profile suicide (and I'm not talking about Carloine Flack, that was a separate issue). I'm sure a previous contestant descended into a black hole and killed themself. It's very sad.

Apart from the actual nature of the show, it attracts people who simply want to show off, and it attracts (mainly) young people who want to see them, then try desperately to emulate their 'heroes' by copying their lives/plastic surgeries.

The whole industry is just...I dunno, fake. I get the fantasy aspect, we all need a little fantasy in our lives but it just feeds into the whole fakery thing, be that wanting to get your lips or arse filled with silicone, or buying some expensive shit which a perfect-looking influencer told you to buy. The fact that they are on a big (unannounced) cut of the money, and what they are recommending is perhaps dangerous because it in no way adheres to advertising standards seems immaterial  :unknown:.

Offline Stevelondon

Television now is full of the so-called reality vision programmes.

Which in itself is ridiculous because of course they are nothing like real life.
Docu-soaps exposing wannabes to the world.

Ive got no problem with any of them to be honest. I just don’t intentionally watch them. Not because I think they are crap. But simply because they do nothing for me.
It’s not an age thing either. I prefer to see talent that’s all.

People’s ideas of entertainment differ widely and that’s all that it is really.

As for the suicide argument and he is programme producers and tv networks should be more vigilant when it comes to spotting vulnerable contestants.
Well sadly, anyone who commits suicide because they can no longer find the fame and adoration they seek because tv no longer requires them.

Would probably kill them selves sooner or later because they felt unloved, or they didn’t get the promotion they thought they deserved. Or the trainers they just bought turned out to be too small for them after all.

Offline winkywanky

My argument is that these shows attract a certain type of person with high levels of narcissism and general neediness, and when it all goes tits-up some time later then the mental health issues come to the fore.

The fact that many young viewers become pretty well addicted to this 'froth' (nice word for shite) and many of those seem to want to emulate them, just seems a race to the bottom and frankly, dangerous.

One might compare it with the proliferation of gambling ads and rubbish food ads?

I sound like a stuffy old sod ( :P) but I genuinely feel that all of this crap is growingly pervasisve and corrosive.

Offline lillythesavage

i cannot believe there is a thread on her about this shite, what a load of bollocks.

Look what TV did to those fun white heeled Essex girls, turned them all orange , into poor artists drawing boards and full of silicone with deluded egos.

Offline lillythesavage

My argument is that these shows attract a certain type of person with high levels of narcissism and general neediness, and when it all goes tits-up some time later then the mental health issues come to the fore.

The fact that many young viewers become pretty well addicted to this 'froth' (nice word for shite) and many of those seem to want to emulate them, just seems a race to the bottom and frankly, dangerous.

One might compare it with the proliferation of gambling ads and rubbish food ads?

I sound like a stuffy old sod ( :P) but I genuinely feel that all of this crap is growingly pervasisve and corrosive.

You are 100% correct and sensible grown men should not be giving it any airtime. No such thing as bad publicity :D

Offline Chorley

I know, because when I watch the TV News those twats are frequently all over it with their 'mental health issues' and yes, I'm pretty sure there was a high profile suicide (and I'm not talking about Carloine Flack, that was a separate issue). I'm sure a previous contestant descended into a black hole and killed themself. It's very sad.

Apart from the actual nature of the show, it attracts people who simply want to show off, and it attracts (mainly) young people who want to see them, then try desperately to emulate their 'heroes' by copying their lives/plastic surgeries.

The whole industry is just...I dunno, fake. I get the fantasy aspect, we all need a little fantasy in our lives but it just feeds into the whole fakery thing, be that wanting to get your lips or arse filled with silicone, or buying some expensive shit which a perfect-looking influencer told you to buy. The fact that they are on a big (unannounced) cut of the money, and what they are recommending is perhaps dangerous because it in no way adheres to advertising standards seems immaterial  :unknown:.
There were two syicides:onr male and one female. Apparently once the show is over and theyve been rinsed they get dropped lime a hot potato and left to sort themselves out. It's an absolute disgrace really.  :thumbsdown:

Offline winkywanky

There were two syicides:onr male and one female. Apparently once the show is over and theyve been rinsed they get dropped lime a hot potato and left to sort themselves out. It's an absolute disgrace really.  :thumbsdown:

Yes Chorley, the broadcaster in question makes big play out of post-series care ( :vomit:) these days after such events, but it kind of begs the question, why are they making this emotionally-dangerous shit in any case?  :unknown:

I mean, the old C4 thing about Big Brother (the daddy of them all I guess) being a 'social experiment', very quickly turned out to be utter tosh. It's frequently simply car-crash TV.

Offline Payyourwaymate

Yes Chorley, the broadcaster in question makes big play out of post-series care ( :vomit:) these days after such events, but it kind of begs the question, why are they making this emotionally-dangerous shit in any case?  :unknown:

I mean, the old C4 thing about Big Brother (the daddy of them all I guess) being a 'social experiment', very quickly turned out to be utter tosh. It's frequently simply car-crash TV.

It rakes in the £££££££.  I think love island is ITVs golden goose.

Offline Chorley

I actually know someone who knew Mike Thalasittis-nicknamed "Muggy Mike" in the programme - who was painted as a womanising bad boy. Apparently he was a really  decent and sensitive guy in real life, but the manipulated scenarios and editing made him look like a massive cunt.  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 06:22:15 pm by Chorley »

Offline fudi_maar

i cannot believe there is a thread on her about this shite, what a load of bollocks.

Haha. You love it really Lilly - why else would you make a point to post twice on this thread if you detest it so much.

One of the things I enjoy in this thread is the big-talk, the high-moral-ground, bravado, and cheap-bashing from the haters.

Offline fudi_maar

It rakes in the £££££££.  I think love island is ITVs golden goose.

Spot on. I cannot remember the last time I watched anything on ITV (excluding the Euros). This show is to ITV what Big Brother was to Channel 4.

Offline mr.bluesky

Spot on. I cannot remember the last time I watched anything on ITV (excluding the Euros). This show is to ITV what Big Brother was to Channel 4.

Big Brother- another pile of steaming dog shite

Offline sparkus

It's not something which vaguely interests me and I generally studiously avoid it but there was an advert tonight for some spin-off show which had the most attractive woman I've ever seen on it (quite dusky and curvy so not the usual blonde sticks with big lips).

Offline hullad

Never seen it

Never will

I find watching paint dry is best

Offline fudi_maar

some spin-off show which had the most attractive woman I've ever seen on it

That's the main attraction of Love Island - all the contestants are out-of-the-ordinary good-looking.
In the main show, there is this Am*z*nian looking babe called Mary Bedford who is stunning....check out her photos on her Insta....
External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 08:16:20 pm by fudi_maar »

Offline Fac51

Never seen it

Never will

I find watching paint dry is best

:thumbsup: + 1

Offline radioman33

I never watch it,it’s one reason for the moral decline in today’s society along with social media.

Offline sparkus

That's the main attraction of Love Island - all the contestants are out-of-the-ordinary good-looking.
In the main show, there is this Am*z*nian looking babe called Mary Bedford who is stunning....check out her photos on her Insta....
External Link/Members Only

The vast majority of women on there are human wallpaper to me, I find none particularly attractive.

I would still dearly love to know who the woman in the advert (very un-Love Island ie. dusky, big eyes and stellar rack) is though (as they're still showing it).

Offline The Film Director

Given all the complaints it seems to have attracted, it comes across like the new Jeremy Kyle show.  :lol: :dash:

Online timsussex

for those that dont watch - but would like their opinions confirmed I offer 2 quotes from tonight

is Madrid in Spain? - I thought it was a country

If you had a really powerful telescope on Mars and you looked at the Earth you would see dinosaurs because it takes millions of years for the light to get there  - this from the girl who claims to be a doctor ! admittedly another girl did say that was bollocks

I usually watch just to see how rough the girls look without their slap on

Offline sparkus

for those that dont watch - but would like their opinions confirmed I offer 2 quotes from tonight

If you had a really powerful telescope on Mars and you looked at the Earth you would see dinosaurs because it takes millions of years for the light to get there  - this from the girl who claims to be a doctor ! admittedly another girl did say that was bollocks

They kept showing that part in the adverts to get you to watch it.

TBH looked like a load of mid-price Rom hookers sat round a swimming pool.

Offline winkywanky

WTF?!!  :lol:

I'm buggered if I'm going to watch it but this girl who claims to be a doctor, please can someone keep us posted as to what type of 'doctor' she is and where she 'practises'? I'm guessing she's just a self-appointed 'doctor' of Botox or lip-fillers from her own kitchen but any kind of NHS involvement would be pretty worrying.

Offline fudi_maar

WTF?!!  :lol:

I'm buggered if I'm going to watch it but this girl who claims to be a doctor, please can someone keep us posted as to what type of 'doctor' she is and where she 'practises'? I'm guessing she's just a self-appointed 'doctor' of Botox or lip-fillers from her own kitchen but any kind of NHS involvement would be pretty worrying.

She's a medical student - so she's not practising just yet.
She was obviously wrong in her "you'd see dinosaurs if you looked at the Earth from Mars", but even funnier was Faye's comment a few seconds later "So, is a doctor like science then?"

Hilarious. What do you expect from a gobby-mouthed estate agent.

But that Mary -  wow, she's like an Icelandic, Viking warrior princess. Maaan, those hips, that big ass, she could take a good pounding in doggy I bet.

Offline winkywanky

Sadly those names mean nothing to me, but I'd be worried about a would-be doctor who thought Mars was millions of Lightyears away  :scare:.

Offline CigarSmoke

Guys aren't only buff, they have good social skills, charm and charisma. To talk to ladies into sleeping with them. Good looks and muscles without conversation skills can only get so far.

Online timsussex

Guys aren't only buff, they have good social skills, charm and charisma. To talk to ladies into sleeping with them. Good looks and muscles without conversation skills can only get so far.

Like the Welsh Twat who thought his mother was a sibling - do none of these women rate intelligence as important in a partner ?   

please try and  resist racist jokes about sheep shaggers  !
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 02:14:54 am by timsussex »

Offline winkywanky

Like the Welsh Twat who thought his mother was a sibling - do none of these women rate intelligence as important in a partner ?   

please try and  resist racist jokes about sheep shaggers  !

If you are totally thick then you don't realise when someone else is being thick.

Thick people will tend to gravitate towards each other, even unknowingly.

It's quite sweet actually  :rolleyes:  :D

Offline willie loman

we are not the target audience, and i havent watched it, but it did introduce me to a phrase,,"fanny flutters", just occasionally you get an glimpse of what women think.

Offline niceguy30!!

It's about as real as WWE wrestling.
The producers manipulate the whole thing to create fake drama for the dummies that watch it.