Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Herefordshire is about to adopt a policy on licensing “sex establishments”  (Read 617 times)

Offline puntingking

Herefordshire is getting a 'sex establishment licensing policy - Despite not having any sex businesses in the area :unknown:

External Link/Members Only

The council “does not take any moral stand in adopting this policy”, it adds.

“Parliament has made it lawful to operate a sex establishment and such businesses are a legitimate part of the retail and leisure industries.”
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 11:55:51 pm by puntingking »

Online fudi_maar

Does this mean that brothels will be legal again?

Offline puntingking

Does this mean that brothels will be legal again?

brothels are against the law, so I don't think so.

I think we may expect more sex establishments such as strip clubs, naturists saunas, sex shops and orgys places.  :unknown:

Offline mr.bluesky

The sheep will no longer be looking nervously over their shoulders now  :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 06:49:03 am by mr.bluesky »

Online Doc Holliday

This is just a policy update to an existing licensing scheme. External Link/Members Only

I think the main thrust of the media picking up on this, is that the council have gone to great lengths with a consultation involving the public and other relevant bodies to put together a decision making policy and future guidance on deciding who to grant licences to, when a FOI has revealed they have actually never granted a licence to anyone in the past.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 10:06:22 am by Doc Holliday »

Offline puntingking

This is just a policy update to an existing licensing scheme. External Link/Members Only

I think the main thrust of the media picking up on this, is that the council have gone to great lengths with a consultation involving the public and other relevant bodies to put together a decision making policy and future guidance on deciding who to grant licences to, when a FOI has revealed they have actually never granted a licence to anyone in the past.

they should, its better than stacks of empty shops on the high street. The more businesses we have, the better I think 

Online scutty brown

Based on the Blackpool experience I think you'll find this covers sex shops, strip clubs, pole-dancing venues and the like. NOT massage parlours. Maybe swingers clubs.
In Blackpool they gave the existing locations grandfather rights, then set the maximum number of allowed licences to match the existing number of premises in each category (i.e. two sex shop, three strip clubs). They then said that no new licences would be awarded, and none would be allowed to be transferred. Effectively means that as businesses owners retire, or locations change hands the licences will extinguish with no replacements, so eradicating them.
Massage parlours don't come into this because if they're acting legally they're not providing sexual services. If they are providing sexual services then they're acting illegally as brothels - and so can't be licenced

Online Doc Holliday

There are clear definitions in the relevant legislation under discussion. External Link/Members Only

It covers definitions of sexual entertainment venues (strip clubs), sex cinemas and sex shops.

Offline puntingking

Based on the Blackpool experience I think you'll find this covers sex shops, strip clubs, pole-dancing venues and the like. NOT massage parlours. Maybe swingers clubs.
In Blackpool they gave the existing locations grandfather rights, then set the maximum number of allowed licences to match the existing number of premises in each category (i.e. two sex shop, three strip clubs). They then said that no new licences would be awarded, and none would be allowed to be transferred. Effectively means that as businesses owners retire, or locations change hands the licences will extinguish with no replacements, so eradicating them.
Massage parlours don't come into this because if they're acting legally they're not providing sexual services. If they are providing sexual services then they're acting illegally as brothels - and so can't be licenced

does  hand release come under a sexual service?  :unknown:

Offline puntingking

There are clear definitions in the relevant legislation under discussion. External Link/Members Only

It covers definitions of sexual entertainment venues (strip clubs), sex cinemas and sex shops.

I have never came across a sex cinema in the Uk. I dont think there are any  :unknown:

Online Doc Holliday

Online scutty brown

It would be legally regarded as a sexual service -i.e. prostitution

Offline mr.bluesky

I have never came across a sex cinema in the Uk. I dont think there are any  :unknown:

There's one in Birmingham near to New Street station called Adult World. Shows adult films and has strippers

Offline daviemac

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 24

Online Razor Boy

I’ve lived in Herefordshire for over ten years and had two punts in the area… it’s a wasteland, that’s why I’ve had so many punts in Cardiff as I have to travel.
Don’t think a council pass will help any brothel opening up and staying open.

Offline puntingking

There's one in Birmingham near to New Street station called Adult World. Shows adult films and has strippers

im tempted. I can imagine me showing up with a bag of popcorn and a soft drink  :D

Online webpunter

The sheep will no longer be looking nervously over their shoulders now  :D

No change in 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

What it means is another council thats probally or almost bankrupt, cottoning on to a means to make money, nothing else!...

Offline DastardlyDick

What it means is another council thats probally or almost bankrupt, cottoning on to a means to make money, nothing else!...
Or one of the Coucillors is fed up with having to drive to the nearest establishment!  :lol:

Offline Bonker

No BDSM allowed.
I asked and was told
Whore-e-canes hardly ever happen in Hereford.

Offline Stevelondon

That comes under bondage then 😂