Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Any Bristolians able to help  (Read 2022 times)

Offline AlwaysLooking

I know this is a punting forum, but didn't know if any of my fellow punters could help out.

I'm going to spending a Friday in Bristol for work, first meeting is from 8-9, then I've really got nothing till 4. Obviously going to see if I can squeeze in a punt at some point (any recommendations welcome), but work is expecting me to be working, and contactable by phone for the day. I'm trying to convince work to get me a hotel room for Thursday, then I'd just get a late check-out and work from the room. But if I can't is there anywhere good to go and work quietly. I can't really do coffee shops  due the the nature of what I work on - not going into details as don't want the risk of being outted.

Cheers all

Offline joninbristol

A few immediate options I can think of:

1. Book a hotel to work from for the day - dayuse.co.uk
   If work are paying, the Mercure on Welshback in the centre is very nice and quiet, as is the Premier Inn on Queen's Square, but a bit cheaper. Ibis is new, next to Bristol Temple Meads (2 minute walk) and cheap, but zero to do around there in the evening.
2. Cafe Revival if you want a decent breakfast after your first meeting: caferevival.co.uk
    If you want to work somewhere quiet whilst you're having breakfast, order your food then head back up the stairs to the top floor. It will get busy but you can get some sensitive work done here without being overlooked if the sofa's still free.
3. The Old Fish Market pub has some quiet nooks and crannies. oldfishmarket.co.uk
4. Consider The Watershed - next to the harbour, go upstairs to the cafe, lots of places to work, some public, some less so, including a balcony if you're hardy. Food and coffee available too. Trendy, so gets busy quickly.
5. Bristol Library: College Green, Bristol BS1 5TL. Reading and working spaces, not sure if you need to join to use the private ones but you should be able to at least get in to work.
6. There's also a large meeting area in Colston Hall (renamed the Bristol Beacon last month). Might be too public for your work, or not even open at the moment, but it has a drinks/food bar too on the ground floor: Trenchard St, Bristol BS1 5AR
7. Finally, check out the Arnolfini - gets busy but might be OK for you to work: arnolfini.org.uk   16 Narrow Quay, Bristol BS1 4QA
   Mostly an arts centre, but the cafe was decent last time I was there.

Failing this, keep an eye out for the loads of small cafes and pubs as you walk around.
So long as you're consuming something slowly you can probably stay in any of them all day, but it's easy to move from one to another with a short stroll, plus you get to see a bit of Bristol.

All of these are within a 10 minute walk of each other, and in central Bristol, approx 15 minutes easy walk from Bristol Temple Meads.
Postcodes are all BS1, so you should be able to find some entertainment close by too ;-)
There's plenty on here, but I'll let someone else have a go at answering as I'm not too au fait with SPs in the area.
Hope this is helpful.
:hi:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 12:30:00 pm by joninbristol »

Offline AlwaysLooking

A few immediate options I can think of:

1. Book a hotel to work from for the day - dayuse.co.uk
   If work are paying, the Mercure on Welshback in the centre is very nice and quiet, as is the Premier Inn on Queen's Square, but a bit cheaper. Ibis is new, next to Bristol Temple Meads (2 minute walk) and cheap, but zero to do around there in the evening.
2. Cafe Revival if you want a decent breakfast after your first meeting: caferevival.co.uk
    If you want to work somewhere quiet whilst you're having breakfast, order your food then head back up the stairs to the top floor. It will get busy but you can get some sensitive work done here without being overlooked if the sofa's still free.
3. The Old Fish Market pub has some quiet nooks and crannies. oldfishmarket.co.uk
4. Consider The Watershed - next to the harbour, go upstairs to the cafe, lots of places to work, some public, some less so, including a balcony if you're hardy. Food and coffee available too. Trendy, so gets busy quickly.
5. Bristol Library: College Green, Bristol BS1 5TL. Reading and working spaces, not sure if you need to join to use the private ones but you should be able to at least get in to work.
6. There's also a large meeting area in Colston Hall (renamed the Bristol Beacon last month). Might be too public for your work, or not even open at the moment, but it has a drinks/food bar too on the ground floor: Trenchard St, Bristol BS1 5AR

All of these are within a 10 minute walk of each other, and in central Bristol, approx 15 minutes easy walk from Bristol Temple Meads.
Postcodes are all BS1, so you should be able to find some entertainment close by too ;-)
There's plenty on here, but I'll let someone else have a go at answering as I'm not too au fait with SPs in the area.
Hope this is helpful.
:hi:

Sir you are a gent. Thank you

Offline joninbristol

Sir you are a gent. Thank you

Pleasure matey, hope you enjoy your trip :drinks:

Offline stevesimpson

Not sure Central Library is viable as a hangout at the moment: External Link/Members Only

Offline Landlubber

I’d suggest the Engine Shed. Set up entirely as business working environment, soundproof booths etc and right next to Temple Meads. The Beacon definitely not open last time I passed.

Offline houseboot

I’d suggest the Engine Shed. Set up entirely as business working environment, soundproof booths etc and right next to Temple Meads. The Beacon definitely not open last time I passed.

"Space in the Lounge is available to non-members at £3.80 per hour or £20 for a day per person."

External Link/Members Only

Offline joninbristol

Not sure Central Library is viable as a hangout at the moment: External Link/Members Only
Thanks Steve, wasn't sure with any of the places, thanks for the link. :thumbsup:
Totally forgot about the Engine Shed - good suggestion. :hi:

Offline AlwaysLooking

Thanks all for your suggestions, guess this isn't going to be happening for at least a month now.
Bugger this new lockdown.