Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How to verify donations to charities? Now forcing banned members to donate  (Read 6154 times)

OldAdmin

Before giving some banned members another chance and unbanning, I want to force them to give a donation to a charity before being allowed back, for example to Oxfam.
But how could I, as a 3rd party, confirm that they really made a donation to the charity? Is it not possible?

EDIT: To clarify, the donation is direct to Oxfam, no money comes to me at all, that's why I need way to verify it actually happened.

vw

Before giving some another chance and unbanning them, I want to force them to give a donation to a charity before being allowed back, for example to Oxfam.
But how could I confirm that they really made a donation to the charity and the amount? Is it not possible?

Just giving, donate in their username they want back or a pre defined name set by you !

Like on englishrebeccas

External Link/Members Only

Most charities are on there !
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:21:13 pm by vw »

Offline BP96

You could set up a Just giving page. So eg your JustGiving page is called UKP, you are fundraising for Oxfam, and they must leave their username or something that identifies then when they donate.

Not done it myself mind, hopefully someone can confirm.

raylondoner

Confirmed.

Only ever do mine through Just Giving, plus the charity gets gov tax top up and I get tax relief as well.  :hi:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 09:01:03 pm by raylondoner »

OldAdmin

I see some donations on JustGiving listed as "Anonymous", I think some will find that useful, they could attach their UKP UserID and I'd know they donated but not their real name, etc.

Gives me idea of extending it to those blocked from Off-Topic or revoked PM facility but want another chance.

I could demand higher donation depending on what they did to get banned, think some will have to donate £50+. Others will have to donate millions of pounds to Oxfam to be allowed back ;)

OldAdmin

I wouldn't be surprised if the anti-UKP scum will now start claiming I am making money myself from demanding donations to Oxfam's JustGiving page :rolleyes:

ClarkeOfTheCourse

I see some donations on JustGiving listed as "Anonymous", I think some will find that useful, they could attach their UKP UserID and I'd know they donated but not their real name, etc.

Gives me idea of extending it to those blocked from Off-Topic or revoked PM facility but want another chance.

I could demand higher donation depending on what they did to get banned, think some will have to donate £50+. Others I will demand millions ;)

I think if you're the owner of a donation page you get to see the name and email address of people who donated, as will Justgiving, even if they donate anonymously. Some might not want that, unless they're that idiot Stephen who donated on a prossie's fundraising page with his face in full view.  :dash:

Offline cueball

I reckon the answers there boss... the just giving thing would work well imo

Offline CityTillIDie

I wouldn't be surprised if the anti-UKP scum will now start claiming I am making money myself from demanding donations to Oxfam's JustGiving page :rolleyes:

End of the day, those that have been banned don't HAVE to make the charitable donation so it's entirely voluntary. They would then do so knowing that you could run off with the £££.

Not that you would! I don't mean that! I just mean that you're not charging a fee, it's not compulsory.

I know what I'm trying to say. Just not phrasing it very well. To put it mildly.

I'll get my coat

:hi:

Offline lewisjones23

if you gave them a different specific amount then you could see who donated even if they remained hidden to all not in the know

odds on someone donating say £50.56 on a certain date very small so could say it was person A with a high degree of certainty

Offline The Owl

Donations to revoke a ban. That's a pretty good idea if it it un-ban some of the banned members who screwed up stupidly rather than being a serious undesirable.

With JustGiving you could select the charity, give them a name to use and even a message to post with the donation (I think).

Offline blackburnian

Cracking idea from the boss - could the charity not be something uk based though  - help for heroes or similar ??

Bb

OldAdmin

They would then do so knowing that you could run off with the £££.

The idea is that the money doesn't pass through me at all, it goes direct to charity. With me confirming with Oxfam (or whatever charity) a donation was made and I'm not being lied to.

I was thinking before of wanting the payment ID of their donation and me contacting the charity to confirm it's valid, but it seems "JustGiving" is easier, in that they could leave message with their donation or as suggested, use specific donation amount.

Offline mh

I wonder if there's an "appropriate" charity that could be nominated? Perhaps External Link/Members Only... Just a thought.

OldAdmin

Cracking idea from the boss - could the charity not be something uk based though  - help for heroes or similar ??

I was thinking of asking suggestions for charities, does anyone have any other recommendations?

Offline Stalinator

I wonder if there's an "appropriate" charity that could be nominated? Perhaps External Link/Members Only... Just a thought.
Very appropriate.

Offline Stalinator

I was thinking of asking suggestions for charities, does anyone have any other recommendations?
Terrence Higgins Trust.

Offline Steely Dan

Like this.

I'd suggest Macmillan External Link/Members Only   Mainstream but awesome,

Offline Goldfinch

Cancer research or Macmillan.

James999

A good suggestion, has touched most peoples lives at some point, and is totally non political  :thumbsup:

Offline CityTillIDie

A good suggestion, has touched most peoples lives at some point, and is totally non political  :thumbsup:

+1

Offline sanjman

I think if you're the owner of a donation page you get to see the name and email address of people who donated, as will Justgiving, even if they donate anonymously. Some might not want that, unless they're that idiot Stephen who donated on a prossie's fundraising page with his face in full view.  :dash:

I have a justgiving page I set up for donations to a local chairty.  If someone donates anonymously, I do not get to see who they really are.

Offline sanjman

The idea is that the money doesn't pass through me at all, it goes direct to charity. With me confirming with Oxfam (or whatever charity) a donation was made and I'm not being lied to.

I was thinking before of wanting the payment ID of their donation and me contacting the charity to confirm it's valid, but it seems "JustGiving" is easier, in that they could leave message with their donation or as suggested, use specific donation amount.

You can set your own just giving page specifically for getting members to pay donations to get unbanned etc.  If you choose a chairty that is already "set up" with justgiving, the money goes directly to them, not through you first.

A donator can leave a donation under any name and leave any message.  So as already suggested, get them to donate the required amount and leave a message  with some sort of unique element you have agreed with them.

There are so many just giving pages set up unless you told the forum or someone who used it disclosed it, no one here would know about your page except the people you direct to it.

lordlarry

Fairly new here, so just tell me to surrup if you want to, but I believe justgiving keep a percentage of all donations, Virgin run a similar site, but dont keep a percentage.
External Link/Members Only

Offline Jimmyredcab

My opinion, for what it's worth.

I would rather see banned members remain banned, second chances rarely work out.  :thumbsdown:

Offline mrwhite

how about they have to buy something from an Oxfam shop for say £5 then take a photo of the receipt and upload it.

Offline Steve2

I would rather see banned members remain banned, second chances rarely work out.  :thumbsdown:

For once I am with you on this Jimmy.

Offline Keema

Justgiving take a cut from the gift aid if that's ticked
Virgin money doesn't take a cut

Choosing a charity will be difficult as obviously some people are hostile to supporting international development work and others are hostile to supporting services that should be delivered by the government. Like the idea of sexual health charities though.

I do have an interest to declare here though. I've had access to off-topic removed, probably for my own safety but I truly objected to a POV in a thread. If I paid a charity to regain access to off-topic and saw the same sort of content I'd still publically object that sort content again.

I do think I'm actually quite mild mannered - however others may see that paying a fine would give them a license to dole out £5, 10, 20s worth of the same content that got them banned the first place.

Offline Blackpool Rock

Cancer charities are a good one as almost everyone knows someone who has or has had cancer whether it's family or friends, a charity that supports male health issues such as Testicular / prostate cancer would seem appropriate.

I'm sure the Boss will also think carefully about which charity / charities to support as some of them do seem to drain a lot of funds paying people at the top big salaries and having flash premises whereas others keep the overheads lower

Offline Goldfinch

Cancer charities are a good one as almost everyone knows someone who has or has had cancer whether it's family or friends

Agreed-I've had cancer myself and I've also lost a family member to cancer-but as others have said its up to the boss.

Offline Shearer1955

Justgiving charge a fee of 5%

An example from their website of their fees

You donate £10.00 and we send it to your charity that week.
We reclaim Gift Aid from the government (which takes a month), adding £2.50 to your donation.
We take our 5% fee from the donation & Gift Aid amount when we reclaim the Gift Aid on behalf of the charity, along with credit/debit card/PayPal charges, and send all the rest to the charity. So for every £10.00 you give, the charity gets £11.74, and they get it faster.
Your donation   £10.00
Gift Aid   £2.50
Our 5% fee   £0.63
Card-processing fee @ 1.30% *   £0.13
Total cost to charity   £0.76
Total donation   £11.74
* Charges vary depending on whether you use a credit card (1.3%), MasterCard debit card (16p), PayPal (1.45%) or Visa debit card (17p).

Offline scutty brown

If you're interested in donating to a relevant charity, then something like this:
[Removed by admin]

I don't know them. It just strikes me that donating to them could be used as an argument against those who criticise the site.

vw

If you're interested in donating to a relevant charity, then something like this:
[Removed by admin]

I don't know them. It just strikes me that donating to them could be used as an argument against those who criticise the site.

Could be used by those that hate the site, the donations could be portrayed as a sign of guilt.

Offline Romeo Sensini

Just a thought but would the donations transfer to the charity anonymously? You wouldn't want it thrown back in your face by some high-minded jobsworth (given the nature of why we're all here I mean).

Offline Desimonic

They can always say banned and leave the website. It's a little charity for a good cause not for personnel gain and if they think that ,they can fook off.
They should take a look at the time and effort you have put into this website to keep it moving smoothly. Bet they wouldn't do it

Type_O_Negative

From my POV it will be a very risky precedent: you pay and you are unbanned.

Who is missing unclesweetheart, quesadilla, sylvester, west8, uberx, marthy and many many more?

OldAdmin

Who is missing unclesweetheart, quesadilla, sylvester, west8, uberx, marthy and many many more?

As I said, how much charity donation they need to make depends on why they got banned in first place. Can be from £10 to much more.

Need I bother wasting keyboards clicks to type that I wouldn't be banning the likes of marty for £10 donation.

Offline hungrypunt

Great idea, and I assume not everyone will be allowed back donation or not.

Offline Johnbean

Great idea, you could even set a link on here and us non banned members could donate too.

Offline CityTillIDie

I presume Admin would be hand-picking those invited to cleanse and purge their crassness otherwise He may be setting himself up for further future grief

:hi:

CTID

Offline Trotter671

Cancer charities are a good one as almost everyone knows someone who has or has had cancer whether it's family or friends, a charity that supports male health issues such as Testicular / prostate cancer would seem appropriate.

I would agree with this as well personally or Help for Heroes - I support these myself as it happens

Offline Stalinator

I agree with a donation to access off topic, which I would gladly pay for access.

As for banned members it is only inviting trouble.

Offline backofthenet

cracking idea. West8 could cure cancer singlehandedly with the amount of disposable income he had.  :D

Offline Horizontal pleasures

+1

Offline timsussex

Fair enough but I personally think you would either need a choice of charities or change them every month

It certainly should only be by invitation for lesser transgressions or for extra facilities

To pkay devils advocate the other problem I can see is currently admin decides the rules and even if he was to ban someone entirely unjustly then tough  - its his site his rules. 
But if he allows extra facilities or someone back in for a fee - even as a donation to charity then does that make a difference ?  If I have paid for something I expect a certain level of service

Bit like the difference between a gf and a WG  :diablo:

Offline Blackpool Rock

To pkay devils advocate the other problem I can see is currently admin decides the rules and even if he was to ban someone entirely unjustly then tough  - its his site his rules. 
But if he allows extra facilities or someone back in for a fee - even as a donation to charity then does that make a difference ? If I have paid for something I expect a certain level of service
Have you thought these comments through or perhaps just worded it badly?

Offline timsussex

I did say I was playing devils advocate and I'm certainly not accusing admin of anything  but I do wonder if making a payment - even to charity does change expectations or even rights

OldAdmin

I did say I was playing devils advocate and I'm certainly not accusing admin of anything  but I do wonder if making a payment - even to charity does change expectations or even rights

That's possible. But less likely given the money hasn't touched me in anyway.
If I got a hint they expected special treatment then I'd re-ban them, and possibly demand even higher donation - in the many hundreds or thousands of pounds depending on how less likely I wanted them to return.
What are they going to do about it? Sue me? Demand the charity refund them?