Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Camcorder / video camera  (Read 553 times)

Offline Omadon2001

I've been using, for many years a digital camcorder to record holiday videos (not punting meets unfortunately).

I'd like to replace it with something that's definitely smaller and hopefully better quality. But what ?

I've looked at GoPro but for the latest model its maybe £400-£500 - which is a little too much.

I've seen action cameras for less than £20 - but I doubt the quality of the footage.

YouTube is full of videos that are good, high quality.

What would you recommend?

Offline Doormatt

Osmo DJI 3 maybe too pricey..
Or if you have a good mobile phone put it on a gimbal.for £100.

Offline sir wanksalot

Osmo DJI 3 maybe too pricey..
Or if you have a good mobile phone put it on a gimbal.for £100.

+1

I treated myself to my first DLSR for a landmark birthday some years ago but the quality of footage from many of the mobile phones today makes my camera largely redundant.

Offline Bigwilts

I've been using, for many years a digital camcorder to record holiday videos (not punting meets unfortunately).

I'd like to replace it with something that's definitely smaller and hopefully better quality. But what ?

I've looked at GoPro but for the latest model its maybe £400-£500 - which is a little too much.

I've seen action cameras for less than £20 - but I doubt the quality of the footage.

YouTube has a set quality level and all ‘modern’ cameras exceed that.  Any video uploaded to YouTube will be downscaled

Generic action cameras are good enough quality, they differ from ‘premium’ action cameras in the sensor and onboard software.  The latest GoPro at any time will typically exceed the quality and capabilities, but current models of alternative action cameras with be of the same or similar quality in the sense of the number of pixels etc.  Common differences will be how well the camera reacts to changing light conditions such as going in and out of a building on a sunny day

Be aware that action cameras usually have fish eye lenses which are very wide angled (to capture ‘the action’) and have distortion around the edges

DSLR cameras are typically ‘optically’ better and allow for different lenses, the modern trend is to mirrorless cameras which have the quality of traditional DSLRs and the smaller size of a digital compact camera

Mobile phone cameras have caught up with cameras both in the sense of the number of pixels and been getting much better in lens options

The choices are vast

Online alabama1

Technology has certainly passed you by mate. I assume you have a shit phone too. As RandomGuy99 suggests, buy yourself a mid range Samsung phone and use that.

Offline sir wanksalot

Technology has certainly passed you by mate. I assume you have a shit phone too. As RandomGuy99 suggests, buy yourself a mid range Samsung phone and use that.

I'd recommend an old Samsung S21 Ultra. I still have mine and the camera is as good as the new flagship Iphones and Samsungs, barring very very minute improvements.

Online alabama1

I'd recommend an old Samsung S21 Ultra. I still have mine and the camera is as good as the new flagship Iphones and Samsungs, barring very very minute improvements.
The OP has logged on here today, but couldn't be arsed to have the courtesy to reply, so he can do one  :thumbsdown:

Offline 8MillionDollarMan

Just buy a second hand GoPro for peanuts the quality is excellent,it's what FakeTaxi etc use.

Offline Omadon2001

The OP has logged on here today, but couldn't be arsed to have the courtesy to reply, so he can do one  :thumbsdown:

Honestly. There are some people on here with awful attitudes. Many have given suggestions. I wasn't aware that I had to give a yippee do to each one

Online alabama1

Honestly. There are some people on here with awful attitudes. Many have given suggestions. I wasn't aware that I had to give a yippee do to each one
A simple 'thankyou' would suffice  :rolleyes:

Offline Omadon2001

So, after taking some advice from members on here, I've shot a few minutes of video with a smart phone.

Thank you to all those who suggested it  :thumbsup:

The quality is good - but there are a few "stutters" I assume this is buffering ?. I've invested in a faster SD card - hopefully that will help.

Offline RandomGuy99

So, after taking some advice from members on here, I've shot a few minutes of video with a smart phone.

Thank you to all those who suggested it  :thumbsup:

The quality is good - but there are a few "stutters" I assume this is buffering ?. I've invested in a faster SD card - hopefully that will help.
Don't write to an SD card.

Write to the storage on the phone and then transfer off.

Get a decent fast recent phone.

Offline Omadon2001

My phone is about 18 months old.

From a 60gb Hard Drive theres about 10Gb left - which should do a fair bit of recording.  It's a good idea.  Thank you