Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Punting In The UK On The Decline  (Read 3672 times)

figleaf

I think that punting in the UK is at a low point compared to the last decade in terms of quality.  Over the last 15 years, I had some great fun in Manchester parlours, then Milton Keynes, London Asians, London EEs, AW Independents etc. 

However, it is slim pickings nowadays.  There is nothing interesting on AW and I can't find any other mode of punting that works reliably.  EE and Asian scene are crap.  Lots of bait & switch, misleading profiles or unreliable hookers.  English girls entitled as ever.  Costs are up but service is in the toilet. 

I tried moving upmarket to agencies, but they have been just as hit & miss. 

Of course gems are out there, but the hit rate is way down. 

Am I being reasonable here or is it rose coloured glasses about the punting of yesteryear?

Diehard

I think that punting in the UK is at a low point compared to the last decade in terms of quality.  Over the last 15 years, I had some great fun in Manchester parlours, then Milton Keynes, London Asians, London EEs, AW Independents etc. 

However, it is slim pickings nowadays.  There is nothing interesting on AW and I can't find any other mode of punting that works reliably.  EE and Asian scene are crap.  Lots of bait & switch, misleading profiles or unreliable hookers.  English girls entitled as ever.  Costs are up but service is in the toilet. 

Am I being reasonable here or is it rose coloured glasses about the punting of yesteryear?

No you are spot on apart from English hookers being entitled. They are desperate and a bit thick not entitled as they have nothing to be entitled about.

Aw is unusable now. Seeking arrangements seems the way forward for many but that seems a good way to be compromised and there are a lot of English hookers on there.

Offline Puntingonandoff

Exactly why over the last 2-3 years I tend to see wgs I have seen before and know they give a good service, and tick all the boxes in terms of what I like.

Go back 10 years or so when I first started, and I would rarely see the same girl twice. Rarely try someone knew these days

Offline itsmydrug

Aw is unusable now
why do you say that?  Have only just really started and its my only source along with the recommendations of the people here.

Offline Trex

Sometimes it goes though phases, its still legal and UK is still a rich country even tho the houses are still expensive.

Offline Jonestown

The UK has trawled the world for whores, Now we are running out of places to look for the next wave, just like we've run out of places to look for nurses and doctors.

Offline HarryZZ

It could be "kid in a sweet shop" syndrome, when it's all new there's loads to explore and new things to try but then when you've done it all, tried every variety of candy, you're just repeating yourself, the newness has worn off.

JamesFD

I don't think it's just in the UK, it's a world wide phenomenon. If you follow some of the international forums it's common to hear 'things aren't what they used to be'. Singapore, for instance, used to be amazing in the days of Duxton Hill & Paramount but now it's a sad shadow of it's former self. The Amsterdam RLD has lost many of it's kamers & the girls in AC stuff themselves with far too much crap from Jollibies & are nothing like the slender beauties of the past. It's a downward spiral everywhere.

Offline Sattob

I doubt if the industry is significantly shrinking, but rather changing to different tastes and experiences. Many walk-ups are going, there's a clamp down on lap-dance establishments, etc. However, there's still a demand, it will just be satisfied in a different way. Demand is always met!

Offline Steely Dan

An objective measure is impossible.  Schools are worse, hospitals are worse, crime is worse ... really? There were bad schools, crap hospitals and lots of crime since records were kept. Same for punting.  There have always been bad punts.

My personal view that because of the internet and UKP, expectations are up.  We know to expect more.  Also, there have been almost 6000 reviews this year - about 3000 are green.  But guys repeat with the good ones week after week (and don't review time after time), but never return to the bad ones.  So there are lots more good punts than bad punts among UKP members every week.

Offline Blackpool Rock

An objective measure is impossible.  Schools are worse, hospitals are worse, crime is worse ... really? There were bad schools, crap hospitals and lots of crime since records were kept. Same for punting.  There have always been bad punts.

My personal view that because of the internet and UKP, expectations are up.  We know to expect more.  Also, there have been almost 6000 reviews this year - about 3000 are green.  But guys repeat with the good ones week after week (and don't review time after time), but never return to the bad ones.  So there are lots more good punts than bad punts among UKP members every week.
Well put  :thumbsup:
Thinking back to when I started punting the majority of girls I saw were mediocre with the occasional gem and also horror, on balance i'd say my punts are better now as i've refined my searches and options plus UKP helps to weed out most of the horrors

Offline NIK

To be honest I don't think punting has changed that much either for the better or worse. There has always been plenty of crap. The difference for me as I suggest in the thread I started about not punting again is that because my libido is far lower I am not prepared to take the risks I used to, therefore for me it SEEMS  to have got worse when maybe it hasn't.

What has certainly changed is the increase in foreigners and decline in English prossies - finding a decent attractive English girl is like finding one without fucking filthy tattoos spoiling their bodies - nigh on impossible.
Whilst I am not so down on foreign girls as some - I have met some good ones - it is true that they have certainly contributed to the rise in rip offs. Amazingly I went right through the 90's without punting a single foreigner. The first one I have listed was as late as April 2001 and my 206th listed punt (there are quite a few more forgotten :D). At £200 she was also my most expensive up to that time. From what I vaguely remember about her she was also one of the most attractive up to then.
The other thing that has changed and, is very much linked with the rise in rip off and increase at least for me of frustration, is the rise and rise of AW, which I have so often found fucking useless. And if anything it has actually become worse.

Some younger punters may be amazed to hear that I have very rarely used AW and didn't use it at all until some years into the noughties. Of course I began punting well before the internet, or at least before it really took off.
Of course it's almost impossible to secure a punt these days without wading through bloody AW.  :dash: The only real alternative appears to be to go directly through an agency, and even these largely use AW.

The only real substantial improvement in the punting scene since I began is the advent of UKP.  :yahoo:

Offline bearcat69

Well, as somebody who has been punting just over a year now, I don't really have a comparison to make to in the past. But one of the things that has struck me as surprising is the frustrating difficulty I've had finding worthwhile English prossies to punt.

They are out there, one of the best punts I've had was with a very cute young local mixed race British girl in a Birmingham parlour, but it seems the good ones are few and far between, and they will be often over priced, with ridiculously convoluted booking processes and limited availability. They all too often have limited likes lists and other off punting things going on with them too. Either that or they will be just old or fat mingers that you'd have to pay me to fuck. It has almost got to the point where I have kind of given up on them. :dash: :dash:

So I have had to look towards EE girls more and more now as the main source of my punts. Particularly Polish, Czech or Hungarian girls, I do try to avoid Romanian girls though. I like European girls, always have even before I started punting, but fucking EE girls is not really what I got into punting looking for, and all too often they have their own problems, such as attitude issues, communication barrier, hygiene etc. Although generally I do find them to be more attractive, have better reliability, be easier to book and often offer more services/value for money.

Offline Jimmyredcab

You are not alone, I have been punting for well over 35 years and only recently have I gone into semi-retirement, Adultwork is full of Romanian/Hungarian lowlife skanks, I refuse to give them my hard earned cash.  :thumbsdown:

Offline Malvolio

I only started punting this decade, and only punt in London, but in my view things are the same as they ever were.

The general consensus is that prices haven't risen at all since the EE influx - not many things you can say that about looking back 12 years.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I only started punting this decade, and only punt in London, but in my view things are the same as they ever were.

The general consensus is that prices haven't risen at all since the EE influx - not many things you can say that about looking back 12 years.

Price is not the problem, it is the lack of quality.

I paid £100 an hour 16 years ago, in real terms prices have gone down.

mcgee121

Price is not the problem, it is the lack of quality.

I paid £100 an hour 16 years ago, in real terms prices have gone down.

Maybe price is the problem if it had risen generally a little bit then maybe the quality would be better.

Offline opal

The biggest change in the past 15 or so years has been the internet and Adultwork in particular. The 90's were exciting because the internet and punting forums like PP were new. Superstar WGs and parlours emerged, and although some of these parlours have now closed I think we take for granted the level of choice we have now.
The other thing that has changed in the past 20 years is that I no longer have as much inclination to follow the scene as avidly as i did or have the inclination to punt as much. I guess for those just starting out in the punting world the scene is just as exciting as it once was for me.

Offline NIK

Maybe price is the problem if it had risen generally a little bit then maybe the quality would be better.

:rolleyes:

One of the fundamental rues of punting is that price has little correlation to quality.

Offline sparkus

There was always shit punts, but supply was so plentiful before ie. in London you had saunas (mostly closed), ads in newspaper classifieds and newsagents windows (no more) but most tellingly AW had a lot more choice and variety than now. For instance, typing in E1 in postcode search any day there'd be the pick of EE, young orientals, Indian girls, the odd older English MILF or African lady. Now, not much.

I used to take half days off work and indulge the hobby further out ie. Walthamstow or Woodford. There'd always be some game English MILF (I was 20s at the time) or some busty Spanish woman not far from the tube station. Now, nada.

Offline Home Alone

Fwiw, I think it may depend on what you punt for. Me; I do it for the sheer satisfaction of having sex at my age [71] with an attractive MILF, with whom I can also have a bit of the 'craic' afterwards.

By doing my research on here, I can usually find a SP who meets my criteria and whose hourly charges are pretty much what I'd have paid in the Parlours of Bury & Manchester for an hour's 'Service', when I began punting 12 - 13 years ago.

pking_paul

Just to add that there is now a hidden demand too. British WGs who start on aw, then once they have built up a regular set of clients they take down their profiles. I see two of these once in a while and they are both amongst the best in my view. Both are British MILFs who are part timers and slim.

They blame us, or at least the time wasters who book then don't turn up.

Diehard

why do you say that?  Have only just really started and its my only source along with the recommendations of the people here.

Because aw is at least 70 per cent full of foreign girls, many of whom can't speak (or pretend they don't) English. While the objective is to fuck them of course, it does add to the experience to at least be able to say hello how are you and thank you and goobye and get a response other than yeeess baby.

The English girls that are left are in the main utterly incompetent. Most simply cannot manage a diary and cannot be relied upon to go through with a booking. It seems many are very unlucky, child in hospital, their cat fell out of a tree, the tyre fell off their car, they are on their period for the 5th time in a month and other various bull shit reasons for basically being too lazy to get out of bed or on a come down from the drugs the night before.

And then there are the waste of time pictures. Hardly any hookers are remotely like their pics, and English girls invariably are at least a dress size bigger and 5-10 years older than claimed.

You put all the above together and aw is unusable in reality.

As you are new my strong advice is whatever area you are in, look at the relevant section on here, read the reviews carefully and book girls well reviewed on here. This site really is the only reliable source of information for punters. Your first port of call should always be here, then on the review of a girl who seems good, click her link to see her profile.

Also one other think, beware of girls listed as British on aw. There are a growing number of Romanians who have realised their reputation is that of scum, and are now posing as being British. Always call the number listed if it's listed to establish if they are British. If no answer text and if in  reply you simply get a post code or yes baby response, they will be Romanian. Delete and move on.

Pussydoc

Spot on ,  even when a good one comes. On , they concentrate on getting enough regs then they disappear , so get in early , but they get swamped when there   A  newbie , 

Offline sparkus

There's a separate thread along the same lines in the London section, but I think it's fair to say for the UK as well.  I do a fair bit of work out of the capital and was largely reliant on game MILFs in the provinces, the odd line-up house with Italians and that, but as a well these seem to have dried up.  On other regional forums on here there's people complaining about slim pickings, especially on the massage front.

Perhaps the Mumsnet lot are picking off WGs by one? Perhaps they all got pregnant and are now mums on Mumsnet, wreaking their revenge on punters of yore on here?

Offline Jimmyredcab

:rolleyes:

One of the fundamental rues of punting is that price has little correlation to quality.

That is correct ---------------- however if you pay £70 an hour don't expect the experience of a lifetime, they charge low rates for a reason, not to be kind to us.    :hi:

Offline NIK

That is correct ---------------- however if you pay £70 an hour don't expect the experience of a lifetime, they charge low rates for a reason, not to be kind to us.    :hi:

Yes I agree Jim, but as you know the best girl either of us have seen charged the same for a totally non clock watching overnight as some up their own arse 'courtesans' charge for an hour.

Offline Jimmyredcab

Yes I agree Jim, but as you know the best girl either of us have seen charged the same for a totally non clock watching overnight as some up their own arse 'courtesans' charge for an hour.

I hear a lot about these great girls at £70 an hour ------------ but where are they.    :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:

The lady you mention was a one off ------------ unlikely we will ever meet someone as good.    :hi:

Online RedKettle

There is some truth in what you say but it is not the whole story.  I see a regular at the moment that charges £60 and I consistently have a great time with her. That rate is not for an hour to be fair but I never feel rushed as she reacts to my mood.  Sometimes it is a quickie and I am away in 20 mins, sometimes pushing towards the hour.

I agree headline 70 per hour rare and I would probably avoid as dodgy. However there is value there if you look for it and in particular with regulars.

Offline Horizontal pleasures

think back, other than street life, it is the media which changed: it used to be parlours, phone boxes, and newspaper small advertisements and contact magazines.

The electronic media and international cheap travel and migration have allowed more overseas ladies to enter the UK willingly or under compulsion. I used to very occasionally see the odd French lady in Shepherd Market, London but otherwise they were mainly UK ladies even in parlours.

British Milfs took out newspaper ads in local papers and then used contact magazines so a meeting might take over a week to plan. We are now more demanding, we want it now and just how we like it, however that might be.

mcgee121

I don't think quality correlates to VFM either.  There are several top girls with glowing reputations that I think are priced too high.

Neal69

My regular charges £70 an hour.

And she fucks me brainless every time.  :dance: :yahoo: :dance:

N

Diehard

My regular charges £70 an hour.

And she fucks me brainless every time.  :dance: :yahoo: :dance:

N

Link?

Online RadioKid

I don't think quality correlates to VFM either.  There are several top girls with glowing reputations that I think are priced too high.

Exactly this.
A lot of the older punters have quite predictably grown disillusioned and bored of the scene and it's obvious shortcomings .
However i think some of the seasoned punters do shower a lot of girls with praise despite ridiculous prices being paid.
Manchester has seen a price hike with many 15 min bookings going from 40 to 60. So its clear that people are paying this.

Not to mention agencies and popular ndies charging upward of 150+.

Unless we have some more TonTober style projects I think spruces are slowly going to creep up. Where again,  people will pay.

Offline Jimmyredcab

I agree headline 70 per hour rare and I would probably avoid as dodgy. However there is value there if you look for it.

I read this a lot --------------- excellent girls at £70 an hour, my question is simple, where are they.    :unknown:

Neal69

No Problem.

Different strokes for different folks.  :music:

But if you really want a top class fuck then you wont go far wrong with this one.

Sultry looking check

Great Body  Check

Full on GFE  Check

Great Fuck  Check

Great OWO Check

Need I go on  :hi:

20 year old uncheck

British uncheck

£70 an hour Check

N

Offline peter_bungee

I punted on and off about 5 years ago and met many english girls reasonable priced good service , but now thats very rare on aw and full of scams, partly as prices havent gone up in real terms while the cost of living, renting flats etc now doesnt make it as worthwhile for many girls iv spoken to.  There has to be a premium for doing this job due to social stigma, lack of holiday or sick pay

Dont even bother with seeking arrangements its full of deluded girls wanting £500 and lots of scams and blackmails