Sugar Babies
Massage

Author Topic: Ringo App failed / Parking Fine  (Read 390 times)

Offline ralhar

I parked up at the train station (punting of course) grabbed the station code and jumped on the train (delayed of course)... downloaded the app (new phone since last time I used ringo which was ages ago on a push button phone for a different car) and spent the next hour pissing around trying to get my session booked... it kept timing out (most likely because I was on the train) but I was sure I had it in the bag but now I've received penalty notice...

£50 if I pay soon... £85 if I don't... I'm furious.

Looking at ringo now only my car details are in the and there's no receipts or previous sessions... no way of getting help from ringo that I can see of...

no outgoing payment on my bank statement so it looks like the app failed... i should have double checked but I got distracted by the punt.

Anyone else had this problem?

Offline Markus

Don’t you get an immediate email receipt for your parked period?  I used it the other week. It’s an email receipt not an invoice but it details the period your parking summary and how long you paid for.

Surely that’s sufficient evidence against your PCN.

Offline Watts.E.Dunn

Have a go at them!, you made an attempt to pay and the system didnt let you so its not you at fault...

Offline GingerNuts

Have a go at them!, you made an attempt to pay and the system didnt let you so its not you at fault...

He tried to pay using the dodgy signal on the train and didn't seem concerned he received no confirmmation of payment.

He could have paid while waiting for the train and presumably there are other means of payment apart from Ringo.

Can have a go as much as he wants, it is your responsibility to make sure you paid, he did not, personally I would not leave the car before making sure it is paid for. 

Offline tynetunnel

Can have a go as much as he wants, it is your responsibility to make sure you paid, he did not, personally I would not leave the car before making sure it is paid for.

Exactly this, I would not have left until I had received payment confirmation. Seems fair he’s been fined in the circumstances  :hi:

Offline southcoastpunter

depending on your personal circumstances (ie is there an OH?) it might be better to just take the hit and pay up. You are going to in the end anyway!

Offline ralhar

running to make the train to make the punt...

grabbed the station code...

jumped straight on the train (no waiting)...

then the train was running slow...

pissed around with the app...

didnt know you get a receipt (because its the first time i've used the app) and it seemed to be in the bag anyway because it went through to paypal etc... yeah could have checked for a paypal receipt but...

because the train was running slow and I wasted some much time on ringo I also had to look up the location (before jumping off the train and onto the tube) and text the girl to let her know my train was slow...

Its not bloody fair whoever said that...

How about a whip round?

Offline Markus

What are you on about mate?

You made a fundamental balls up by not booking the parking on the app when you left your car.  In a residential area you can sometimes get away with not immediately booking it but at a train station car park loads of PCN guys roaming around just itching to book someone.

The receipt is emailed to your linked account, sort of like Uber.   If you didn’t get one you didn’t pay for any parking and there is nothing Ringo will do about it.  You left your car without paying for parking, there is no way out for you and you should pay the reduced fine while you can.

Chalk it down to a rookie mistake.

Offline SamOmar

I parked up at the train station (punting of course) grabbed the station code and jumped on the train (delayed of course)... downloaded the app (new phone since last time I used ringo which was ages ago on a push button phone for a different car) and spent the next hour pissing around trying to get my session booked... it kept timing out (most likely because I was on the train) but I was sure I had it in the bag but now I've received penalty notice...

£50 if I pay soon... £85 if I don't... I'm furious.

Looking at ringo now only my car details are in the and there's no receipts or previous sessions... no way of getting help from ringo that I can see of...

no outgoing payment on my bank statement so it looks like the app failed... i should have double checked but I got distracted by the punt.

Anyone else had this problem?

There is no harm in appealing any PCN, even if you do not win the lower amount stays until the appeal process is over.

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider
I had a problem this week, meter 'out of order' sign next to it mentioned Ringo.

I phoned the number on the payment sign next to the meter, was told immediately that my phone number would not be accepted because of a fail to pay previously. There is a chance I used the same system when I parked in another city 2 years ago BUT I know that payment went through. Certainly debited my credit card that time. Can't remember if it was Ringo, but I am guessing likely it was.

I then went to the Ringo website but could not get the Ringo website to accept my account, it said I had an account, then it told me I failed registration, then it told me it could not do a password reset, then told me I had registered.

I needed to be somewhere at a specific time, so I moved to the next car park which had a fully functional ticket machine.

Parking without a ticket risks a fine.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 10:25:15 pm by Strawberry »

Offline southcoastpunter

There is no harm in appealing any PCN, even if you do not win the lower amount stays until the appeal process is over.

unless you have a reasonable reason (reasonable to others and not just to yourself) as to why you didn't pay,  what is the point? It just wastes everyones time. If you don't pay, its your fault.

Offline contentguy

I phoned the number on the payment sign next to the meter, was told immediately that my phone number would not be accepted because of a fail to pay previously. There is a chance I used the same system when I parked in another city 2 years ago BUT I know that payment went through. Certainly debited my credit card that time. Can't remember if it was Ringo, but I am guessing likely it was.

Sounds like you need a "parking phone".

:)

Offline contentguy

Agree, railway stations charge both an arm and a leg for parking and have enthusiastic enforcement.

Suggest the OP pays the fine and writes a review of the punt.

:hi: