Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The " new " A question of sport.  (Read 550 times)

Online mr.bluesky

I have always liked watching " a question of sport" I remember watching it from the days when David Coleman was the presenter but tuning in last night to watch it with Paddy McGuinness as host replacing Sue Barker and Sam Quek and Ugo Monye as the new team captains replacing Mat Dawson and Phil Tufnel I can safely say I will not be bothering to watch it anymore. I like Paddy McGuinness on Top Gear but he is out of his depth as a presenter on this show and although Sam Quek is very easy on the eye her allround sports knowledge is nowhere near the level of Dawson or Tufnell. The show is now like a very poor imitation of Sky's "League of their own" but fails miserably . The question round where Quek or Monye had to stand on the correct area of the map of Britain was laughable. You could get the actual place wrong but as long as you stood in the correct area North, South East or west you would win the points and as for them leaving the studio and trying a different sport everywhere, what is the point of that. This programme regularly used to get 4-5 million viewers every week, this shambles will be lucky to pull in 4 or 5 people to watch it. There is an old saying " if it ain't broke don't fix it" Beeb you have failed  miserably with this show. You have finally killed off a show that was successful and popular for many years  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 07:48:37 am by mr.bluesky »

Online justabj

Unfortunately I have to totally agree with you - it is happening all over the beeb - woman replacing men and black replacing white - I am not a racist but they are taking it too far....

Offline johnsthomas

Totally agree with both comments!

Offline Markus

I used to find the whole format of A question of sport ridiculously boring.  Sue Barker wouldn’t have been missed but replacing the two team captains is ridiculous.  The chemistry between the two and the audience participation from Tufnell in particular was gold.  Ageism, racism or sexism. Whichever way it is painted, it would have been best left to leave the show in its current format.

Offline Dickled

Unfortunately I have to totally agree with you - it is happening all over the beeb - woman replacing men and black replacing white - I am not a racist but they are taking it too far....
It's the same with Football Focus, and Alex Scott taking over presenting duties. She's pleasant and attractive enough, but she's just too bland, innocuous and lightweight, worse even than Dan Walker, and that's saying something.

Offline RedKettle

What are you going on about? Still 1 woman out of the three and in fact now a man in charge. So you think the whole thing fails because of one black man? Nothing to do with the changes they have introduced etc etc.

Offline southcoastpunter

the way i read comments so far is .... the BBC are continuing their pursuit of social/cultural diversity / WOKE policy and in doing so has ruined what was a good programme. Its not so much that the new people are not good becasue of their race or gender but they don't combine to create the same level of chemistry as the old team did!

My take on this is ....Its almost that this BBC policy will be introduced no matter how successful a programme is in its current form - perhaps another example of the BBC not being commercially aware and having to "live" from viewer popularity but hey, they are guaranteed their money (even if it is not enough for everything they would like to do)!

Offline lamboman

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

I think he has a point however badly stated.Denise Lewis is a prime example,good looking black ex athlete but a fucking appalling summarizer.
Michael Johnson can barely contain his contempt for her comments.
Banned reason: Shit stirrer and blocking moderator's PMs
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Chorley

Oh the horror! How dare they! Do you want a hug and a nice cup of tea in your safe space?  :sarcastic:

Offline Thecunninglinguist

I refuse to watch because of the host and the fake accent he puts on. Yes l know he is from Lancashire but the accent he affects is the same as Jamie Oliver's fake estuary one. Plus he is a prize dickhead.

Offline Pillowtalk

I used to find the whole format of A question of sport ridiculously boring.  Sue Barker wouldn’t have been missed but replacing the two team captains is ridiculous.  The chemistry between the two and the audience participation from Tufnell in particular was gold.  Ageism, racism or sexism. Whichever way it is painted, it would have been best left to leave the show in its current format.

But team Captains have been replaced many times over the years. I remember Henry Cooper, Bill Beaumont and Emlyn Hughes. What they all had in common was a love and knowledge of a wide range of sports.
Nothing wrong with changing captains or presenter, but there is a need to keep up the standards. BTW - I haven't seen the current series.

Offline Stevelondon

WHAT !!!!!

:D   What kind of a comment is that for fucks sake.

Women replacing men.....oh we can't have that.
Black people in place of white people...whatever next.

I love that last bit..."I'm not a racist"

You'll be telling us next some of your best friends are black  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline tynetunnel

I refuse to watch because of the host and the fake accent he puts on. Yes l know he is from Lancashire but the accent he affects is the same as Jamie Oliver's fake estuary one. Plus he is a prize dickhead.

I’m so glad it’s not just me that thinks he fakes his own regional accent. I can’t bear him for that and would never watch anything he is on as a result. Twat!

Offline davxx

I’m so glad it’s not just me that thinks he fakes his own regional accent. I can’t bear him for that and would never watch anything he is on as a result. Twat!

Twat sums him up perfectly he is another of these 'shouty' type people, he is the same when he does top gear always got to be the loudest.... :dash: 

Offline LLPunting

WHAT !!!!!

:D   What kind of a comment is that for fucks sake.

Women replacing men.....oh we can't have that.
Black people in place of white people...whatever next.

I love that last bit..."I'm not a racist"

You'll be telling us next some of your best friends are black  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah mate, he'll just say he isn't white.   :dash: