Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Travel to Ukraine  (Read 1215 times)

Offline CheninBlanc77

Hi guys, has anyone travelled to Ukraine recently?
I'm planning to go in September.
Ukraine is on the AMBER list, so in theory, is possible to skip the quarantine for people fully vaccinated.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

Offline vindici

It's kind of irrelevant which coding Ukraine has right now, what matters is what it has on the day of travel. Just keep an eye of the Foreign Office guidelines and the entry requirements for Ukraine using External Link/Members Only

Offline mradventures

isnt it date of return? gov changes rules and you got a mad rush to get back in 2 days :/

Offline BaldEagle

isnt it date of return? gov changes rules and you got a mad rush to get back in 2 days :/

TBH you need to look at the colour of the traffic light here both just prior to going and keep checking until you come back. You also need to keep checking the FCO page for Ukraine until you go. If you register your email with them they will email you every time their page changes. Certainly helped me with Spain.  :cool:

Offline Marmalade

Given some of the news stories, does one also not have to keep an eye on massively price-hiked tests before coming back?

An extra £500 a couple of days before getting on the plane home is a helluva whack on top of what should be a reasonably priced o/s holiday….

Offline pantywetter

Kiev has a good scene for massage, strip clubs and civvies.
Found the punting a bit hard work due to language issues
Some potential mileage on SA.
Was a few years ago so I don’t really remember the details, but there are some good reports on here.
Quite cheap too.

Offline mradventures

Given some of the news stories, does one also not have to keep an eye on massively price-hiked tests before coming back?

An extra £500 a couple of days before getting on the plane home is a helluva whack on top of what should be a reasonably priced o/s holiday….

i *think* eu countries are 25-40euro for a pcr test there, while here its £90+ ?
i probably should lookup this stuff :/ and also what happens if you test positive while overseas, i guess you get to sit in a hotel room for 10days alone :(

Offline CheninBlanc77

TBH you need to look at the colour of the traffic light here both just prior to going and keep checking until you come back. You also need to keep checking the FCO page for Ukraine until you go. If you register your email with them they will email you every time their page changes. Certainly helped me with Spain.  :cool:

Thank you, I've just subscrived.

Offline CheninBlanc77

i *think* eu countries are 25-40euro for a pcr test there, while here its £90+ ?
i probably should lookup this stuff :/ and also what happens if you test positive while overseas, i guess you get to sit in a hotel room for 10days alone :(

I have friends who went to Kyiv a few weeks ago, and the tests are cheaper than that.

Yes, testing positive there won't be very pleasant... :thumbsdown:

Offline CheninBlanc77

The Government review for international travel is every 3 weeks, should not change suddenly.

Offline bbois77

I have friends who went to Kyiv a few weeks ago, and the tests are cheaper than that.

Yes, testing positive there won't be very pleasant... :thumbsdown:

Reported COVID daily rates in Ukraine are in the 2000s, way below UKs rate, given a near 40 million population but vaccination rates a good deal lower

Offline CheninBlanc77

On the FCO page for Ukraine, the guideline says that is needed the proof of vaccination, PCR or LFT, and travel insurance.  :diablo:

In addition, for people coming from the UK one extra rapid test will be performed at the airport before the controls, because England is one of the countries with the highest rate of Delta variant.  :dash:

To sum up, I booked the hotel and I will buy the flights (about 20£ A/R) but the chances I'll go are 50%.

Offline KeenPunter

On the FCO page for Ukraine, the guideline says that is needed the proof of vaccination, PCR or LFT, and travel insurance.  :diablo:

In addition, for people coming from the UK one extra rapid test will be performed at the airport before the controls, because England is one of the countries with the highest rate of Delta variant.  :dash:

To sum up, I booked the hotel and I will buy the flights (about 20£ A/R) but the chances I'll go are 50%.

You have to book Ukrainian Covid insurance to be let into the country

Offline bbois77

You can use the link provided above to buy same,

External Link/Members Only :hi:

Offline CheninBlanc77

Yes, I'm aware of that, no problem.

I just would like to have some more info on arrival at Kiev airport, about procedures and rapid test before the border control.

Offline mradventures

The Government review for international travel is every 3 weeks, should not change suddenly.

they have changed status before and caught out plenty of people, not sure if they fell on the review date or not, but its really a bad idea to expect our government not to make it up as they go along :(

Offline CheninBlanc77

they have changed status before and caught out plenty of people, not sure if they fell on the review date or not, but its really a bad idea to expect our government not to make it up as they go along :(

Yes, you are totally right and I agree!

It is for that reason this reason I'm hesitant to go... :dash:

Offline bbois77

External Link/Members Only

A mere 300 cases reported today, anyone know how massaged these stats are, pun intended! :hi:

Offline Malvolio

Johns Hopkins has the case numbers around 1,200 a day - not that much given the size of the population.

External Link/Members Only