Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Any decent hookup sites for civvies that aren’t a complete scam?  (Read 35619 times)

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 28
Latest ones:
Zoosk -  Some potential with this, but the inability to read with messages without paying makes it useless IMO. A lot of responses, if anything too many - maybe Bots. Most users too far away to make it viable.

iCatched - Never really gave it a chance, but too much fake shit and the search engine is damaged so it brought up people from America.

Kippo - Dating app for Gamers. Amazing interface, but no doubt for younger people. I felt like a dirty old man. Has a lot of potential if you are early 20s.

Pluser - BBW dating app. Not sure why I deleted this one.

Hookups - way too much fake shit. Matches from other countries. One of the worst.

BBW Plus Singles - No doubt the worst. 25 matches in a night with only a one line profile text and a bad photo. Full of fake shit and bots, got sent the same message twice by two different women. "You very nice man  :D :D :D"

Adult Friend Hookup Finder
- Only found one match for my area.

BDates \ Hookup Stop - Lots of prossies on here. Possibly some potential. Loads of nudes for people who like that.

Bare
- Barely anyone one on here. Not worth your time as a result.

Happn - Some matches, some bots. Got some messages, but they were often deleted or unread. One fake Chinese profile, possible bot. Some real, maybe a case of YMMV.

Online sparkus

Latest ones:
Zoosk -  Some potential with this, but the inability to read with messages without paying makes it useless IMO. A lot of responses, if anything too many - maybe Bots. Most users too far away to make it viable.

iCatched - Never really gave it a chance, but too much fake shit and the search engine is damaged so it brought up people from America.

Kippo - Dating app for Gamers. Amazing interface, but no doubt for younger people. I felt like a dirty old man. Has a lot of potential if you are early 20s.

Pluser - BBW dating app. Not sure why I deleted this one.

Hookups - way too much fake shit. Matches from other countries. One of the worst.

BBW Plus Singles - No doubt the worst. 25 matches in a night with only a one line profile text and a bad photo. Full of fake shit and bots, got sent the same message twice by two different women. "You very nice man  :D :D :D"

Adult Friend Hookup Finder
- Only found one match for my area.

BDates \ Hookup Stop - Lots of prossies on here. Possibly some potential. Loads of nudes for people who like that.

Bare
- Barely anyone one on here. Not worth your time as a result.

Happn - Some matches, some bots. Got some messages, but they were often deleted or unread. One fake Chinese profile, possible bot. Some real, maybe a case of YMMV.

This is some commendable slog here! Not bad considering your past scepticism :cool:

From your reviews I think your catchment area is probably going to yield less than London and surrounds (some in this thread would argue the surrounds don't have much to commend either...)

Having spent lockdown chilling and childminding my return to the office was accompanied by a change in role (with no extra pay), I often find myself working late in the office and at home, needless to say all I can do now is punt, dating civvies on apps requires slog and flexibilty I just don't have.  Fortunately my boss who appreciates what would happen if I left has cottoned on to my lukewarm enthusiasm for the change in team and reckons a switchback is do-able, after which I will smash the fuck out of the apps.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
This is some commendable slog here! Not bad considering your past scepticism :cool:

From your reviews I think your catchment area is probably going to yield less than London and surrounds (some in this thread would argue the surrounds don't have much to commend either...)

Having spent lockdown chilling and childminding my return to the office was accompanied by a change in role (with no extra pay), I often find myself working late in the office and at home, needless to say all I can do now is punt, dating civvies on apps requires slog and flexibilty I just don't have.  Fortunately my boss who appreciates what would happen if I left has cottoned on to my lukewarm enthusiasm for the change in team and reckons a switchback is do-able, after which I will smash the fuck out of the apps.
I've become single again, hence not punting for about 2 years. Going to give it a go, need some decent pictures though. Does seem to be a desert for dating, I'm willing to travel to some surrounding areas. I'm amazed at how crap Tinder is. I didn't expect 100 likes, but I got 1 and I couldn't even see it.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
I found out Blendr and Badoo are the same app.

Offline Markus

I found out Blendr and Badoo are the same app.

Blendr - what a name for an app.  I’ve had success with Badoo overseas, not so much locally. Have you tried Blendr? Any good?

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
Blendr - what a name for an app.  I’ve had success with Badoo overseas, not so much locally. Have you tried Blendr? Any good?
It's probably got a better layout than Badoo, but same women seem to be on both.

I can also confirm BDates \ Hookup Stop has images stolen from Reddit.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:19:11 pm by Ali Katt »

Offline Marmalade

It's probably got a better layout than Badoo, but same women seem to be on both.

I can also confirm BDates \ Hookup Stop has images stolen from Reddit.

This is a bugger if you’re on two then meet one and say, “when we met on …” and say the wrong one.  :sarcastic: :scare:

Offline Dinekid7

So far I have met 4 for oral only meets, you really should not dismiss them, it is not like AW, you just never know until you meet.

First one was a 22, irc, mixed race cutey, slim 6 or 8 max that I at first considered knocking back when she was honest enough to say her sweet quite small breasts were enhanced, really good job that she could have got away with, said she loves sucking cock for money. I told her I rarely cum that way and she took the challenge, I kid you not, the sloppiest face fucking I have ever had and the threads here would kill one another to get at her, for 2 whole hours, snogged my face off and sat on my face for over another hour, we are still in touch lol. Only stopped to avoid puking. then only until she got her breath back.

second one, slimmish black African, 21,  with a fantastic bubble and shelf, nice tits too,, gave up to anal play, had some sheet gripping orgasms and wanted to come back the next day, an hour after leaving, second meet went further, no more money asked.

third one was West Indian black, tall, not quite bbw, 28, 40ee tits but a complete novice, gave in to anal play before her knickers came off, took a unintended big facial without complaint and messaged next day saying she was playing with herself thinking about the meet, offered more next time but for more money.

fourth one was a one off car meet, 20 year old British African, just wanted her pussy sucked, car meet arrange easily, no money.

These all were oral only meets, there has been other full sex meets and DT girl was the most expensive, but worth every single penny, and had I knocked it back for fake tits or no sex, would not have known, or got to feast on her very tight sweet pussy, or her cute round ass.

My personality seems to suit young black and mixed girls, had a few white girls but not really doing it for me, no luck with older really, only a one off with a married 43 year old Indian, which I have tried to repeat but the guilt got the better of her.

What app is this that your using??? , i need to get involved

Offline Payyourwaymate

What app is this that your using??? , i need to get involved

He uses craigslist, that site is a myth. You need a lot of patience. Good luck if you decide to follow through.

Online sparkus

Met up with mates at weekend, constant passing of phones looking at screenshots, stories about headcases, ghosting etc.  Quite cute that they refer to 'Tindering' as "the hobby".  Bumble is sworn enemy, full of timewasters and self-proclaimed 'Tinder refugees' who end chat if you admit to having been on Tinder.

I felt a bit left out as I'm not of that world now but it seems that the group was split 1/3 each between:

- "I never get any matches, it's all a scam"
- "There's too many foreign/old birds"
- "There's nothing wrong with splashing cash if it gets your end away"

I'm still wooing the elegant African bird, even if she says she's looking for someone older than me and apparently the first few messages on the app were by her daughter who'd set the profile up for her :blush:

I've also agreed to meet up again with the female Dr Hibbert who is embarrassing company in packed restaurants.

Offline JPin

Just joined  up to Fabswingers.. Will report back in a month or so when I've got stuck in properly.

Offline Payyourwaymate

Met up with mates at weekend, constant passing of phones looking at screenshots, stories about headcases, ghosting etc.  Quite cute that they refer to 'Tindering' as "the hobby".  Bumble is sworn enemy, full of timewasters and self-proclaimed 'Tinder refugees' who end chat if you admit to having been on Tinder.

I felt a bit left out as I'm not of that world now but it seems that the group was split 1/3 each between:

- "I never get any matches, it's all a scam"
- "There's too many foreign/old birds"
- "There's nothing wrong with splashing cash if it gets your end away"

I'm still wooing the elegant African bird, even if she says she's looking for someone older than me and apparently the first few messages on the app were by her daughter who'd set the profile up for her :blush:

I've also agreed to meet up again with the female Dr Hibbert who is embarrassing company in packed restaurants.

More men really need to look at the stats concerning dating apps. The sooner they realise the reality the better for them. It really is a swamp for the majority.

Offline Payyourwaymate

Just joined  up to Fabswingers.. Will report back in a month or so when I've got stuck in properly.

Good luck.

Offline Marmalade

More men really need to look at the stats concerning dating apps. The sooner they realise the reality the better for them. It really is a swamp for the majority.
But not for a minority(?) that get some damn good shags.

Online sparkus

That's true but I'd factor in three things:

- a lot of the 'competition' behave like absolute dicks on apps (or send pics of them unsolicited)
- a lot of the 'competition' are just not very good at chat and reeling them in
- Tinder WILL reward you with extended reach if you PAY the subscription and for Superlikes

There's complete disagreement on the best approach both on here and with the blokes I mentioned but what works for me works for me.  I don't police others' preferences and I know I won't be boning any young fit English women.

Online sparkus

As also mentioned, Bumble has a reputation among single women as more 'female friendly' and less of a meat market than Tinder, so it does seem to have a lot more women on there.  The demographic is a lot different though, it's British born professional women in their 30s and 40s and they're VERY adept at spotting the signs of a player and many are scarred from their experience on Tinder.  There's a lot less scammers and bots.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 09:33:57 am by sparkus »

Offline Mr Sinister

Good luck.

Lol, I had a look on there again recently after a short browse decided to keep my profile in stasis.

Offline Mr Sinister

As also mentioned, Bumble has a reputation among single women as more 'female friendly' and less of a meat market than Tinder, so it does seem to have a lot more women on there.  The demographic is a lot different though, it's British born professional women in their 30s and 40s and they're VERY adept at spotting the signs of a player and many are scarred from their experience on Tinder.  There's a lot less scammers and bots.

As I've mentioned before Bumble is mostly professional middle class crowd. If you don't fit that model or move in similar circles you won't get many matches. Don't be fooled by the faux poshness and standards these women tend to project they're just as loose.

I cleaned up pretty well last summer on there I haven't been back since, I cannot be arsed with it, it's a bit of work dating these types.

Back on POF again  :D working on a couple of civvies both seem to be able to hold a conversation which is good as most girls only seem to give a 2 word answers and they proclaim to want a serious relationship fml. Anyway gonna move both to WhatsApp sharpish and progress further.

Offline Maak

I had some hook ups on POF with foreign women, usually international female students who are lonely & willing to get to know someone when they take a break from studying

Offline Markus

As I've mentioned before Bumble is mostly professional middle class crowd. If you don't fit that model or move in similar circles you won't get many matches. Don't be fooled by the faux poshness and standards these women tend to project they're just as loose.

I cleaned up pretty well last summer on there I haven't been back since, I cannot be arsed with it, it's a bit of work dating these types.

Back on POF again  :D working on a couple of civvies both seem to be able to hold a conversation which is good as most girls only seem to give a 2 word answers and they proclaim to want a serious relationship fml. Anyway gonna move both to WhatsApp sharpish and progress further.

Bumble was overflowing with women during the pandemic. All the ones I came across were professional types in finance or the like.   Full of themselves and don’t seem to mix with anyone from outside their education background.  The one advantage of Bumble is that a woman likes your profile so you know they are attracted to you.  Plus most of them are born in the U.K and can hold a conversation as mind-numbingly boring as it is. I’ve had success with Badoo overseas but nothing locally.  Similar experience as I’ve had with POF.

Offline Mr Sinister

Full of themselves and don’t seem to mix with anyone from outside their education background.  hold a conversation as mind-numbingly boring as it is.

Its why I don't bother with it, they're all the same shallow, "woke" and anxiety ridden. Modern women no matter how good a career they have, qualifications and equality are a mess deep down. You need to be careful before considering a serious relationship or marrying them. You have to watch out for those past 35, usually damaged goods who have been playing the dating game for a while.

Few I dated last year were fun at first but then all the ghosts started crawling out so I bounced. Had one city girl push me smash her bb and nut inside her which I hear is a normal occurrence for girls to do with guys they 'really like', yeah I got caught up in the motions but soon came to my senses, especially when she got erratic and wanted something more serious.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 02:09:41 pm by Mr Sinister »

Offline Marmalade

Had one city girl push me smash her bb and nut inside her which I hear is a normal occurrence

Wtf??

Pardon my illiteracy: could you explain what you mean please?

Offline Marmalade

Full of themselves and don’t seem to mix with anyone from outside their education background.

That for them is simply “finding an interest in common”: but if you can swing it, you’re on.

Women who’ve not had a shag for ages can get over-involved with some inner dialogue as a defence mechanism and want to over-valued for it. If their nether parts have ‘healed up’ it’s kinder just to leave them to it. Otherwise, adjust your game. Shagging an intelligent woman can be more interesting — as long as her brain still disconnects enough for the sack!

Offline Mr Sinister

Wtf??

Pardon my illiteracy: could you explain what you mean please?

Excuse my slang, Translation - Fuck her unprotected then cum inside her.

It's not the first time I've had civvies be so relaxed about it

Offline Marmalade

Thanks.

Offline jlike

Yeh, probably hoping they get up the duff and can screw you for child maintenance for the next 18 years :scare:

Online sparkus

GUMs are reporting a massive rise in the number of over 45s because of dating app hook ups and lack of fertility leading to more unprotected sex among this age group.  I've met numerous civvies who've claimed to be on the pill as well.

A while back I was still living with ex after split but seeing POF women as per the above, was more relaxed than I would ordinarily be in terms of the whole unprotected thing (we still did it once a week).  Now I refuse oral from women on Tinder which pisses them right off!

Online sparkus

I didn't seem to talk to anyone other than the 'looking for love' brigade and most of them were screening about intentions etc. so 'looseness' didn't come into it.  Some women were on both Tinder and Bumble I noticed. You'd see them repeatedly even if you unregistered then re-registered months later on a new phone/email.

I'm tempted by POF again but my last attempt there was dire.  Eight years ago was a very happy hunting ground.

Offline Ahalfa Carling

Ok, I am on a few dating sites as I am actually looking for something serious. These sites range from your common all-garden dating sites, through to the more adult sites. Pricing ranges from a flat fee for a set period (usually a month) through to buying credits with which you can send messages to the ladies on the site (messages usually work out at £1 or £2 a message – yes, expensive, but usually worth it)
Had a fair few dates so far, and the occasional overnight stay, mostly from the adult type sites.

My tips

1) Fill in a profile properly – helps if you are able to get a profile pic on public display, and fill in as much other info as possible. NO DICK PICS!!!
2) Once registered (a premium membership always helps), feel free to peruse the ladies, even those that don’t have a profile pic on their main page – sometimes they will have pics/a gallery on their bio page.
3) Wait for them to contact you – most of the ladies I have spoken to tend to check the “Who visited me” type pages on the sites as opposed to doing full searches. Also helps, when you receive a message off a lady, to check and see that she has previously looked at your profile and that the message is not a mass mailing that some sites allow.
4) When looking at pics, Tineye and the like are your friends.
5) Beware of “Bots” that are on there (some of these sites are full of them – both automated programmes and paid keyboard warriors there to take your cash – most are easy to tell, but some are tricky)
6) Take your time chatting – even on the more adult sites the women want to be “Woo’d”, and want to know you on a more personal level.
7) When you are ready to take things to Whatsapp/e-mail etc the easiest excuse for wanting to do so is, in my experience, running out of credits and not being paid for a couple of weeks.

8) If you are chatting to a couple of ladies at the same time, for fucks sake do not get their names mixed up - did that once and lost 2 stunners!!!

Sadly, at the end of the day you will always end up paying to get anywhere on these sites - myself, I am just about ahead of the game as opposed to what I would have spent punting, but there have been months when I was way behind.

Sorry if this has been a bit fluffy, but it has worked for me!!

Offline Fututor

I appreciate that this has been covered previously but illicitencounters really isn’t worth it, should anyone be considering it. Obviously the “standard” OLD factors covered extensively already apply but also the pool of available women, even assuming some aren’t bots or admin accounts, is tiny. ~400 active users at any one time nationally? And consistently 40-50% surplus men? I quite like the chase but, Jesus, that’s just stupid. And that site has the audacity to claim it has “over a million members”.

Looks like it’s time return to the punting arena after a long hiatus.

Online sparkus

Still struggling to find time to punt, never mind commit the amount of heavy duty emotional labour and tenacity required for dating apps.  Out of boredom and frustration (never good) I sat down and combed old numbers, send out a volley of texts using cut and paste - most went ignored or unseen, some led to 'Oh, how are you?' chitchat which went nowhere, some generated mild abuse and two led to repeat performance fucks (both were pretty unspectacular, which is why I didn't pursue at the time).  Even doing all that took some considerable time and effort.  Oh well, at least I have some stories for down the pub now.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Obviously YMMV but dating app action seems to have picked up majorly in last week or so (just when I've joined Seeking Benefits too!). Maybe girls trying to snag a BF before Christmas or something.

I've got 4 dates in the next 4 nights and if im lucky normally meet one bird a month. The bird from Hinge last night put out on our first meet and I'm defo seeing her again.

Tomorrow nights is a regular (Hinge) so guaranteed shag as we've been seeing each other months. Reckon tonight (Bumble) and Sundays (Blendr) meet are more long games.

Again just speaking from my own experience as a ugly fucker but seems like shooting fish in a barrel right now!!

Edit - added which dating app used to meet each girl. It's also worth noting I feel like I'm considerably punching above my weight with all 3 new girls. Will be interesting to see if any mention financial help or anything but really don't believe thats the case.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 06:43:22 pm by The0neAnd0nly »

Offline Mr Sinister

Still struggling to find time to punt, never mind commit the amount of heavy duty emotional labour and tenacity required for dating apps.  Out of boredom and frustration (never good) I sat down and combed old numbers, send out a volley of texts using cut and paste - most went ignored or unseen, some led to 'Oh, how are you?' chitchat which went nowhere, some generated mild abuse and two led to repeat performance fucks (both were pretty unspectacular, which is why I didn't pursue at the time).  Even doing all that took some considerable time and effort.  Oh well, at least I have some stories for down the pub now.

Never go down that path always them message you out the blue first but well done for getting something, I had one girl(POF) that I have been seeing on and off message me after seeing my stories on holiday.(had a few of them viewing). Big girl, big chebs and ass sucks real good, she's coming over to mine this weekend you know what for.

Given the apps a break, put some profiles to sleep, as said there's a lot of heavy duty having to invest in them.

Offline KerachiDope

Late to the game.
That Pluser app for BBW hook ups sounded great but it being a Chinese app and $98.99 USD yearly subscription really put me off.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
Late to the game.
That Pluser app for BBW hook ups sounded great but it being a Chinese app and $98.99 USD yearly subscription really put me off.
No local matches near me. I think the search engine was very broad if I remember correctly.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 05:07:01 pm by Ali Katt »

Online sparkus

Never go down that path always them message you out the blue first but well done for getting something, I had one girl(POF) that I have been seeing on and off message me after seeing my stories on holiday.(had a few of them viewing). Big girl, big chebs and ass sucks real good, she's coming over to mine this weekend you know what for.

Given the apps a break, put some profiles to sleep, as said there's a lot of heavy duty having to invest in them.

Only once had the POF boomerang effect, random request to meet and then an al fresco quasi-dogging experience.

I'm content with just punting for the moment.

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
Obviously YMMV but dating app action seems to have picked up majorly in last week or so (just when I've joined Seeking Benefits too!). Maybe girls trying to snag a BF before Christmas or something.

I've got 4 dates in the next 4 nights and if im lucky normally meet one bird a month. The bird from Hinge last night put out on our first meet and I'm defo seeing her again.

Tomorrow nights is a regular (Hinge) so guaranteed shag as we've been seeing each other months. Reckon tonight (Bumble) and Sundays (Blendr) meet are more long games.

Again just speaking from my own experience as a ugly fucker but seems like shooting fish in a barrel right now!!

Edit - added which dating app used to meet each girl. It's also worth noting I feel like I'm considerably punching above my weight with all 3 new girls. Will be interesting to see if any mention financial help or anything but really don't believe thats the case.
You must have amazing pictures. I've knocked it on the head for now, might get have another go with some new pictures next year. I struggled to get any matches all I did was reveal which sites were bollocks.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

You must have amazing pictures. I've knocked it on the head for now, might get have another go with some new pictures next year. I struggled to get any matches all I did was reveal which sites were bollocks.

Genuinely AK I don't! My pictures are admittedly terrible but the only thing I could put it down to is woman trying to experiment or wanting to try something different.

Also I've mentioned it before but ive had success matching girls much younger then me. It was mentioned previously in this thread 20 year olds have established guys their age are inexperienced, selfish and poor so being almost 40 seems to be a blessing which I'm truly suprised at.

Out of the 4 dates last weekend the stunning girl my own age wasnt interested in meeting again (fair enough, she was at least a 8 so I was punching well above) another girl my own age flaked but wants to meet up another time (dubious, reckon shes had a better offer.)

The 2 woman I am now seeing regularly are significantly older (5+ years) and younger (-15) then me so pretty telling! Younger ones wants a older mature guy and the older ones are cougars. Woman my own age clearly dont find me attractive or high flying enough to be FWB with/ long term material!

Offline DouglasReynholm

Is PoF still the best? Had an account before, I think I should get back on it, I'm home alone on a Saturday night here.  :cry:

Also: who still cold-approaches women in places where alcohol is served? I do: think of the odds compared to online....

That for them is simply “finding an interest in common”: but if you can swing it, you’re on.

Women who’ve not had a shag for ages can get over-involved with some inner dialogue as a defence mechanism and want to over-valued for it. If their nether parts have ‘healed up’ it’s kinder just to leave them to it. Otherwise, adjust your game. Shagging an intelligent woman can be more interesting — as long as her brain still disconnects enough for the sack!
You romantic fool, you.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Is PoF still the best? Had an account before, I think I should get back on it, I'm home alone on a Saturday night here.  :cry:

Also: who still cold-approaches women in places where alcohol is served? I do: think of the odds compared to online....
You romantic fool, you.

PoF and Facebook dating have been the worst avenues of getting a shag for me personally both a waste of time but as usual YMMV. Bumble and Hinge have worked best for me followed by Badoo /Blendr (same people just different front end.)

I love pulling civvies on a night out however opportunities have been limited since covid. Only been out on a proper night out 2 or 3 nights since then.
Its always easy to get talking to someone at the bar /next table but as usual depends on the group they're with etc.

I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment so enjoy the will she wont she aspect of chatting up someone in a pub or bar... dont mind having egg on my face either. He who dares wins!!  :lol:

Online sparkus

WooPlus doesn't discriminate on the basis of geography, so I ended up chatting online and by phone with someone from up north.  We totally clicked (though she was looking for an OH and I wasn't willing to ditch mine on a whim...) but never met, though she said she was keen to if I visited her.  Was probably my only meaningful engagement on that app.

Offline Rick2468

PoF and Facebook dating have been the worst avenues of getting a shag for me personally both a waste of time but as usual YMMV. Bumble and Hinge have worked best for me followed by Badoo /Blendr (same people just different front end.)

I love pulling civvies on a night out however opportunities have been limited since covid. Only been out on a proper night out 2 or 3 nights since then.
Its always easy to get talking to someone at the bar /next table but as usual depends on the group they're with etc.

I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment so enjoy the will she wont she aspect of chatting up someone in a pub or bar... dont mind having egg on my face either. He who dares wins!!  :lol:

The best for me was Faceparty back in the day. It wasn't a dating site but I chatted to lots of ladies on there and you may think I'm bullshiting but I literally shagged over 10 women from there including Scoreland model Carly Holt. I also chatted a lot to porn star Jenny Badeau and got her number but unfortunately she did not want to meet me.  Really miss those days.

Offline DouglasReynholm

Yeah good for you, I'm over 40 so when I started there was no online dating, then it was just for the desperate, nothing wrong with doing it now though. Cos of online dating a lot of young lads nowadays don't know how to cold-approach girls. And obviously during covid I haven't been pulling either!

BTW I do recognise your avatar, https://www.ukpunting.com/avs/avatar_167390_1610670969.jpeg is it a photo of inside a knocking shop, from some old meme?

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
Genuinely AK I don't! My pictures are admittedly terrible but the only thing I could put it down to is woman trying to experiment or wanting to try something different.

Also I've mentioned it before but ive had success matching girls much younger then me. It was mentioned previously in this thread 20 year olds have established guys their age are inexperienced, selfish and poor so being almost 40 seems to be a blessing which I'm truly suprised at.

Out of the 4 dates last weekend the stunning girl my own age wasnt interested in meeting again (fair enough, she was at least a 8 so I was punching well above) another girl my own age flaked but wants to meet up another time (dubious, reckon shes had a better offer.)

The 2 woman I am now seeing regularly are significantly older (5+ years) and younger (-15) then me so pretty telling! Younger ones wants a older mature guy and the older ones are cougars. Woman my own age clearly dont find me attractive or high flying enough to be FWB with/ long term material!
I'm a bit younger than you by the sound of things, but I tend to go out with people older than myself. No idea why, just the way it's always been. I'm not in the silver fox age group, but can see a difference between myself and people who are in their early 20s.

Final question for now: how much chasing do you do? Are you the first to make contact?

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
WooPlus doesn't discriminate on the basis of geography, so I ended up chatting online and by phone with someone from up north.  We totally clicked (though she was looking for an OH and I wasn't willing to ditch mine on a whim...) but never met, though she said she was keen to if I visited her.  Was probably my only meaningful engagement on that app.
There's a chance I could be confusing it with another app. I was getting searches from Baltimore in America.

Offline The0neAnd0nly

I'm a bit younger than you by the sound of things, but I tend to go out with people older than myself. No idea why, just the way it's always been. I'm not in the silver fox age group, but can see a difference between myself and people who are in their early 20s.

Final question for now: how much chasing do you do? Are you the first to make contact?

DouglasReynholm - genuinely can't tell if how were joking about my avatar pic or not. Either way here, knock yourself out  :lol: External Link/Members Only

AK - I always make contact first and tend to be the one asking questions, moving convos along etc. The 20 year olds wont ask you any questions at all and mostly just reply with 1 word answers... but if they are replying they will be interested so I've learned to keep at it as they'll unmatch or block if not.

The woman our age have proper conversation (hobbies, work etc.) that goes back and forward. Even the ones who just want a casual thing tend to make it less obvious that's all they want lol

Offline The0neAnd0nly

Btw I hope I don't sound like a prick or that I know it all or anything , I certainly dont. Over the last 2 years I've spent a huge amount of time on dating apps endlessly swiping or on Hinge for example, messaging those I think I've got a chance with (not always the prettiest ones but shared interests, hobbies etc.) Im only ever getting 6s or 7s. On night outs maybe the odd 8 as my pictures as mentioned before are rubbish.

Its definitely  a numbers game I can spend time each day doing the above and not get a match for weeks and other times several shags in a month. Think it comes down to your standards and perseverance... and having a incredibly thick skin! I've had girls message and say things like "really, no chance!". I just laugh as whatever makes them feel better and I couldnt give a shit!

Offline Ali Katt

• Forum Moderator
DouglasReynholm - genuinely can't tell if how were joking about my avatar pic or not. Either way here, knock yourself out  :lol: External Link/Members Only

AK - I always make contact first and tend to be the one asking questions, moving convos along etc. The 20 year olds wont ask you any questions at all and mostly just reply with 1 word answers... but if they are replying they will be interested so I've learned to keep at it as they'll unmatch or block if not.

The woman our age have proper conversation (hobbies, work etc.) that goes back and forward. Even the ones who just want a casual thing tend to make it less obvious that's all they want lol
Thanks that's really helpful. Will have another go next year, I'm up to my eyeballs with work.

Offline Rick2468

The 20 year olds wont ask you any questions at all and mostly just reply with 1 word answers... but if they are replying they will be interested so I've learned to keep at it as they'll unmatch or block if not.

I had an experience on Tinder with a woman who was mid 30s but kept sending me one or two word answers. Normally I would have given up much earlier but she was attractive and our interests seemed to match. I started dating someone I met in real life so stopped messaging people all together then after a couple of weeks she started messaging me and even asked if I could meet her that evening which made me think she might have been looking for a shag but I didn't meet her. I reckon she was either interested in someone else when we first matched so didn't have time to message me or she saw I was overly keen and knew she didn't have to bother much in her response so when I went quiet she realised she had to try a bit. I'll never know!

Offline The0neAnd0nly

I had an experience on Tinder with a woman who was mid 30s but kept sending me one or two word answers. Normally I would have given up much earlier but she was attractive and our interests seemed to match. I started dating someone I met in real life so stopped messaging people all together then after a couple of weeks she started messaging me and even asked if I could meet her that evening which made me think she might have been looking for a shag but I didn't meet her. I reckon she was either interested in someone else when we first matched so didn't have time to message me or she saw I was overly keen and knew she didn't have to bother much in her response so when I went quiet she realised she had to try a bit. I'll never know!

Oh yeah of course someone sending a few words reply could just mean they're not interested regardless of their age. I just meant in my experience I wouldnt stop messaging someone now who does this (like I would have done in the past) especially if they are much younger.

I realised after my last message the last 3 sexual partners I've had from dating apps have all been from Hinge. I reckon it works well for me as you can comment on a picture/ part of the bio which means I can get my winning personality across  :lol:

If you're a good looking guy with great pics then Tinder probably your best bet... but that being said you'll probably be fine on anything lol