Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: The delicious irony  (Read 2799 times)

Offline winkywanky

Yes.

If you notice far and away the majority of the frantic stockpilers are ethnics. The same people you see pushing and trampling each other when they open the doors to the post Christmas sales.
There was a Youtube clip of the greedy bastards in some London supermarket and you would never believe it was England. I don't care if you think it's 'racist' (in fact I couldn't give two fucks about anything you think) it's a statement of observational fact.

The struggle for survival must be ingrained in their DNA when their ancestors lived in the shitholes of Africa and Asia.

Nik, you're conveniently forgetting that your own DNA is also from 'the shitholes of Africa and Asia'.

Perhaps you aren't so unreconstructed as you think?

Offline NIK

I don’t fucking stockpile or push past people in sales.

Offline winkywanky

Obviously not 'ingrained in DNA' then  :thumbsup:.

Offline Pedalwall

Oh dear NIK we all have an ethnicity - you'll have been asked for yours on many occasions - so we're all 'ethnics'!!

Offline Happylad

By the way, I voted Remain, but I don't like the federalisation of Europe.

Ah! Now I understand. Championship of the BBC and condemnation of those who complained of its political bias, demonisation of President Trump and disparagement of those who elected him, disparagement of Boris Johnson and all of his policies in this present crisis.
 One of the illiberal and undemocratic lib.dems who would have us a vassal state of the EU empire which is now suddenly disintegrating before our very eyes?

Or would the indecisive Jeremy, who couldn`t make his mind up, be his man to lead us out of this crisis?

Offline winkywanky

Ah! Now I understand. Championship of the BBC and condemnation of those who complained of its political bias, demonisation of President Trump and disparagement of those who elected him, disparagement of Boris Johnson and all of his policies in this present crisis.
 One of the illiberal and undemocratic lib.dems who would have us a vassal state of the EU empire which is now suddenly disintegrating before our very eyes?

Or would the indecisive Jeremy, who couldn`t make his mind up, be his man to lead us out of this crisis?

I'll thank you kindly not to pigeonhole me with an ad hominem argument, HL. I expected more of you.

That kind of prejudice will mislead you into thinking I have disparaged Boris in the present crisis. I have not.

Perhaps you need to get back out into your garden and let a little steam off?

Offline Doc Holliday

The EU have set up a common procurement scheme to reduce costs and pool resources, and stated the UK can join but Boris is refusing.

External Link/Members Only

The government is now saying it was a communication issue. Perhaps the email went to Boris's spam folder?  :D

Offline willie loman

I understand it, don't be such a cock  :rolleyes:.

You're vastly in the minority with your views (where you've described Covid-19 as just another virus, this has all happened before, it's 'normal' for the NHS because they've always 'allowed' people to die for economic reasons, and we're trying way too hard to save lives because the economic hit's too hard). That's both within this country, and in every country awarning, I 
Who knows, perhaps you might even change your mind when a close and elderly family member dies from it, but I wouldn't hold my breath for you admitting that.

You have predicted rioting in the streets when we are unable to bury our loved ones. Thanks for the warning, I will definitely be staying at home that day.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:10:32 pm by willie loman »

Offline winkywanky

I thought you probably would, it's for the best.

Offline winkywanky

The government is now saying it was a communication issue. Perhaps the email went to Boris's spam folder?  :D

To use modern parlance, clearly they misspoke  :rolleyes:.

Offline WARSZAWA16

More likely BoJo was hoping we wouldn't find out.

Offline Doc Holliday

I personally am quite prepared to accept quite a few deaths, and I suspect that in the coming weeks, more will put their heads above the parapet and agree.

Thank God you are not an emergency planner ;)

It is actually not about the deaths. It is about the sick. If 50 million people contract the virus and we assume a low mortality rate of 0.5% then 250,000 will die even if they have good care and a ventilator. Currently they simply cannot be saved. (that may change in 12/18 months time)

Now it has become clear that this virus is highly contagious and that 50 million people could become infected in a very short space of time. If we were to take just a low figure of 5% needing admission to hospital then that is 2.5 million people of which the majority can be saved. The UK as a whole has less than 200k beds for everyone.

Even many of those who do not need hospitalisation will still be sick and unable to work. If they all become sick over the same short time period then it is not just a hospital issue but will affect the whole country infrastructure.

Do you see the mathematical problem? Do you see why lockdown is needed?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:32:25 pm by Doc Holliday »

Offline willie loman

It is actually not about the deaths. It is about the sick. If 50 million people contract the virus and we assume a low mortality rate of 0.5% then 250,000 will die even if they have good care and a ventilator. Currently they simply cannot be saved. (that may change in 12/18 months time)

Now it has become clear that this virus is highly contagious and that 50 million people could become infected in a very short space of time. If we were to take just a low figure of 5% needing admission to hospital then that is 2.5 million people of which the majority can be saved. The UK as a whole has less than 200k beds for everyone.

Even many of those who do not need hospitalisation will still be sick and unable to work. If they all become sick over the same short time period then it is not just a hospital issue but will affect the whole country infrastructure.

do your figures relate to Britain, ? no one has suggested any of these figures, where did you get them from? The general consensus, is a small proportion of mainly old people with underlying health problems will die before their time., the majority even if they get the virus will make a quick recovery , without any need for medical intervention. Have I been watching different media from you?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:18:52 pm by willie loman »

Offline willie loman

You are saying 250,000 will die in Britain? I assume the number will over say 12 months will be 5-10 thousand max, strip out those over 70, and those with underlying health problems, the no whose direct cause of death is actually the virus, probably low hundreds. We will see who is right soon enough, happy to accept  I am wrong. This morning Sweden incidentally was still more or less open for business.

Offline willie loman

The virus is not highly contagious, its slightly more contagious than normal flu, if it was highly contagious no one would be on this forum talking crap, we would all be in out beds in a catatonic state.

Offline freeze44

The virus is not highly contagious, its slightly more contagious than normal flu, if it was highly contagious no one would be on this forum talking crap, we would all be in out beds in a catatonic state.

I think you may have to eat your words.

If your right, why are we doing all this isolation, shutdowns and economic support?

Offline winkywanky

If your right, why are we doing all this isolation, shutdowns and economic support?

Because every civilised country around the world is wrong, and willie loman is right.

I have every confidence that in 6mths' time we'll all be on here (at least those that have survived) singing his praises and eating plates full of humble pie.

Eh, willie?  ;)

Offline willie loman

We are doing it to slow down the spread of the virus so that the nhs is not overwhelmed, it in fact takes very little to overwhelm any modern health service. Once the nhs is in a war footing, the lockdown will end gradually at first, pubs hotels reopening within 2 months max, significantly Airbnb a tough capitalist out fit , is assuming life returning to something approaching normal by april 15,. Never again will a govt allow this to happen, not in a developed country, serious contingency planning will be put in place. Given that there is no possibility of any effective lockdown in Africa, india, or south America and indeed other shithole areas we will get a clear picture of the efficacity of lockdown etc.

Offline willie loman

Because every civilised country around the world is wrong, and willie loman is right.

I have every confidence that in 6mths' time we'll all be on here (at least those that have survived) singing his praises and eating plates full of humble pie.

Eh, willie?  ;)

I might be the only one on the forum taking the contrarian view, but there are quite a few who share it , I have never felt less afraid of a health scare.

Offline winkywanky

I might be the only one on the forum taking the contrarian view, but there are quite a few who share it , I have never felt less afraid of a health scare.

Like I keep saying, probably because you don't fit into a high risk category.

I have no wish to 'out' you as a punter, but are you at liberty to give an age within say, 5yrs, and whether you have any pre-existing health conditions relevant to Covid-19?

Offline scutty brown

You are saying 250,000 will die in Britain? I assume the number will over say 12 months will be 5-10 thousand max, strip out those over 70, and those with underlying health problems, the no whose direct cause of death is actually the virus, probably low hundreds. We will see who is right soon enough, happy to accept  I am wrong. This morning Sweden incidentally was still more or less open for business.

You're making an assumption
And your assumption is ill-informed bollocks.

Offline hillingdonpete

I have only just been able to catch up and read this thread.

Willie, I agree with most of what you say.

WW you are still living in an alternative universe, maybe you need the change your news station, the bbc is full of shit.
I'm not sure that you have ever thought for yourself.

Offline winkywanky

WW you are still living in an alternative universe, maybe you need the change your news station, the bbc is full of shit.

Obviously the USA's response is driven by the BBC then. Eh?

I think not.

I think you have probably never thought of anyone but yourself.

So what Universe are you living on?

Offline freeze44

We are doing it to slow down the spread of the virus so that the nhs is not overwhelmed, it in fact takes very little to overwhelm any modern health service. Once the nhs is in a war footing, the lockdown will end gradually at first, pubs hotels reopening within 2 months max, significantly Airbnb a tough capitalist out fit , is assuming life returning to something approaching normal by april 15,. Never again will a govt allow this to happen, not in a developed country, serious contingency planning will be put in place. Given that there is no possibility of any effective lockdown in Africa, india, or south America and indeed other shithole areas we will get a clear picture of the efficacity of lockdown etc.

Thanks. Agree the health and social care issues are important reasons for what is happening. I really hope I am wrong, but it looks like we have dithered and delayed and the signs are already there in London of the services getting overwhelmed. The vicious circle of increased patients, lack of equipment, staff shortages etc are pretty scary no?

I hope your right about future planning and expanding the safety net.

Don't we already have the evidence of what a failure to lock down does? Rapid infection rates, high numbers of hospital admissions and essential staff becoming sick? The USA is in big trouble.

If the virus is mild and not highly contagious then why is this situation different from others such as SAR's?

Offline Beamer

Having read some of your posts its obviuos that you have come from a different planet where the ridiculous statement is the norm.
Let's see what you are saying in November.....?  If we are all, or at least some are still here.

Offline scutty brown

Yes it is. Infection rates are high. Its a strange fact that bat viruses in general are damned infective. For example bat lysyaviruses are the only virii which can give you rabies through inhalation. Its a good idea to avoid bat roosts.
There's something unusual about bat respiratory systems which makes them good sources of viral aerosols

Offline scutty brown

do your figures relate to Britain, ? no one has suggested any of these figures, where did you get them from? The general consensus, is a small proportion of mainly old people with underlying health problems will die before their time., the majority even if they get the virus will make a quick recovery , without any need for medical intervention. Have I been watching different media from you?

Those ARE the kind of numbers that are being discussed. You may not have seen them suggested, but that proves SFA.
The figures are viewed as realistic

Offline scutty brown

You comments prove you're an even bigger fool than I believed you to be

Offline scutty brown

Yes.

If you notice far and away the majority of the frantic stockpilers are ethnics. The same people you see pushing and trampling each other when they open the doors to the post Christmas sales.
There was a Youtube clip of the greedy bastards in some London supermarket and you would never believe it was England. I don't care if you think it's 'racist' (in fact I couldn't give two fucks about anything you think) it's a statement of observational fact.

The struggle for survival must be ingrained in their DNA when their ancestors lived in the shitholes of Africa and Asia.

Perhaps that's because you live in an ethnic area Nik. Certainly your observation isn't true here: locally the plunderers have all been rich white twats in their gas guzzling 4x4, with a blonde bimbo trophy wife with an enlarged vacuole for a brain

Or perhaps its just you making unsubstantiated racial attacks again
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:51:37 pm by scutty brown »

Offline willie loman

Like I keep saying, probably because you don't fit into a high risk category.

I have no wish to 'out' you as a punter, but are you at liberty to give an age within say, 5yrs, and whether you have any pre-existing health conditions relevant to Covid-19?

Early 60s no  underlying conditions. I am quite prepared to believe that the planet will eventually be hit by a virus that may kill milliions, but this isn't it , not by a long way. Will we see, 250,000 deaths in Britain by Christmas, or my much attacked figure of under 10000, strip out the old and vulnerable, and what do you have?

Offline cotton

So the annual death toll in the UK is routinely about 500,000 , about 10 thousand a week.  So far this virus has killed about 600 people in a month, not alot relatively and the likelyhood is that alot of these 600 are people who were likely to be part of this years 500,000 anyway. Now if the virus has the potentiality to kill 250,000 thats a significant number but its likely again that these are just apples waiting to fall off the tree anyway , without meaning to be heartless or unsympathetic. So whats the big deal ?
Clearly the immediate concern is mitigating the devastation this virus causes to our society, "smoothing the curve", creating the impression the government is in control , averting panic , stopping civil unrest and inserting the police and military into positions to control things and preserve calm.
Imagine if the government did nothing , it is conceivable that the NHS would be overrun , lots of people would be ill and dieing , people would panic, there would be chaos, the mechanics of society would disintegrate , society would cease to function as we know it ,there would be a real food shortage, desperate people would do desperate things to survive and it would be cataclismic.
Smoothing the curve with save lives as the limited NHS resources will be able to save more lives over an extended time but still alot of people will die and unless people completely self isolate until the virus disappears then the assumption is that most people are going to have it, given treatment some will survive and some will still die. But its maintaining an orlderly system where society still has the capacity to cope rather than descending into anarchy.
So i would say "it is just another virus" because strictly speaking it is just another virus , one of many and there will innevitably be worse to come.
What is does reveal is how vulnerable we are , i mean our NHS was supposedly on the brink of collapse before this even started . What happens when something happens that really does disrupt the food supply chain , its only a matter of time.
So im not concerned about this health scare either , im more worried about the next one that will kill indiscriminantly and will be like a zombie film.

Offline Doc Holliday

You are saying 250,000 will die in Britain?

That wasn’t what I said at all. Read it again without bias. What I said was that this virus will kill at least 0.5% of the people who catch it, irrespective of all currently available treatment including ventilators. That 0.5% is an optimistic figure. It could be higher.

The object of the exercise is to stop them getting it. If they do they will die and so yes that potentially could be 250K irrespective of the time period unless a treatment becomes available including a vaccine.

Fortunately we have an idea who that group is most likely to be so you protect them. This is not easy though because the virus is highly contagious (see below)

At the risk of repeating myself it is the number of sick people who require hospitalisation that is the problem not the deaths. This may include the first group but the majority of this sick group will survive if the system is not overwhelmed. This could amount to 2.5 million people requiring hospitalisation.  That has a huge knock on effect on people who require healthcare for every other condition

You appear to agree we need to slow it down but measures have failed in every western country to slow it sufficiently. This is because it is more contagious than was originally thought.

We left the social distancing far too late and told everyone to wash their hands. The two metre rule should have been hammered home much sooner. Even then it may not have worked and that is why periods of lockdown are the only thing that may slow down its spread in the West. We are now in that first period and we must wait and see?

If we are successful then a death figure of under 30,000 this year is possible. Had we not locked down that would not be the case.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:01:02 am by Doc Holliday »

Offline Doc Holliday

So the annual death toll in the UK is routinely about 500,000 , about 10 thousand a week.  So far this virus has killed about 600 people in a month, not alot relatively and the likelyhood is that alot of these 600 are people who were likely to be part of this years 500,000 anyway.

Actually no the majority are unlikely to have died this year. They are largely extra. Also in Italy this is killing nearer 600/day not a month.

Offline willie loman

That wasn’t what I said at all. Read it again without bias. What I said was that this virus will kill at least 0.5% of the people who catch it, irrespective of all currently available treatment including ventilators. That 0.5% is an optimistic figure. It could be higher.

The object of the exercise is to stop them getting it. If they do they will die and so yes that potentially could be 250K irrespective of the time period unless a treatment becomes available including a vaccine.

Fortunately we have an idea who that group is most likely to be so you protect them. This is not easy though because the virus is highly contagious (see below)

At the risk of repeating myself it is the number of sick people who require hospitalisation that is the problem not the deaths. This may include the first group but the majority of this sick group will survive if the system is not overwhelmed. This could amount to 2.5 million people requiring hospitalisation.  That has a huge knock on effect on people who require healthcare for every other condition

You appear to agree we need to slow it down but measures have failed in every western country to slow it sufficiently. This is because it is more contagious than was originally thought.

We left the social distancing far too late and told everyone to wash their hands. The two metre rule should have been hammered home much sooner. Even then it may not have worked and that is why periods of lockdown are the only thing that may slow down its spread in the West. We are now in that first period and we must wait and see?

If we are successful then a death figure of under 30,000 this year is possible. Had we not locked down that would not be the case.

I obviously have difficulty in understanding your posts, but over2 million  reguiring hospital treatment? if that this year or in the next 20?

Offline Blackpool Rock

Early 60s no  underlying conditions. I am quite prepared to believe that the planet will eventually be hit by a virus that may kill milliions, but this isn't it , not by a long way. Will we see, 250,000 deaths in Britain by Christmas, or my much attacked figure of under 10000, strip out the old and vulnerable, and what do you have?
There seems to be some confusion / difference in opinion of interpretation regarding figures stated by different people, for the sake of clarity are you saying there will be 250K deaths overall but only 10K of these will be younger healthy people  :unknown:

Offline GreyDave

Yes it is. Infection rates are high. Its a strange fact that bat viruses in general are damned infective. For example bat lysyaviruses are the only virii which can give you rabies through inhalation. Its a good idea to avoid bat roosts.
There's something unusual about bat respiratory systems which makes them good sources of viral aerosols

Just been reading the New Scientist 21 March edition: "
Bats viruses involved in both SARS and MERS however not the Bats themselfs but animal meat which they had infected
Bats being one of the few Blood Sucking mamals as aposed to a carnivore) Camel meat was mentioned , but transmision between us is still unclear.

It still unknown the schools of thought of this are developing as 1 ."Its the new phenumoina which will kill off old and weak who have had inocutation against"
2. "It will cause complete overload of NHS and people die of their underlying conditions 3 .This high number of older and more vunerable will be placed in the new conveted wards as although ICU they will be isolated and ventolated..... I work in refit and quite a few of the contractors I know are now working on the conversion of large spacious builds
(Excel and Slough ) There was a guy on here who was seemingly smarming about the fact Chinese had built a few new Hospitals in a week, and we could not as we had "given the bird to the Poles" some of you might recall him ...The UK gov (of any colour) have plans to multi use many buildings  Convention Halls , Concert Halls, Football Grounds Wharehouses which is whats now happening. He also threw in a remainers comment ...I`ll just refer him to what Christeen LeGarde (as one of the EU presidents) did for Italy a few weeks ago when they asked for emergency help. see below :( :( :( :(
000000000000000000000000000000000 :( :( :( :( :( :( and we can all see the armys trucks taking old and young away on tv now.... I suspose that poster will be alright he will of prepared a Brexit box of goodies to see themselfs though ....I can see why new Admin put the off topic back up. :hi: but can see why old admin took it down took  Rant over I am off to Porn hub for a daily... :hi: :hi:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 08:38:03 am by GreyDave »

Offline Doc Holliday

I obviously have difficulty in understanding your posts, but over2 million  reguiring hospital treatment? if that this year or in the next 20?

Sorry you are having difficulty. I will repeat myself again

The 5% is once again a low estimate. The time scale would depend on how quickly 50 million people became infected. Without lockdown that could potentially all have been this year. This hopefully will not now happen?

I return to your original argument that lockdown is not necessary which I have tried to explain why it is?

Offline cotton

Actually no the majority are unlikely to have died this year. They are largely extra. Also in Italy this is killing nearer 600/day not a month.
With all due respect Doc i didnt say the majority , i said "alot"
On the basis that the 500,000 people who die this year are going to generally be the oldest , weakest and most vulnerable to death , and that the people succumbing to covid are presumably the elderly and weakest and most vulnerable isnt it logical to extrapolate that "alot" of the 6oo dead so far would have comprised a small part of the 500,000.
Or is there something other than being old , weak and vulnerable to death that renders a person susceptible to die from covid. Maybe smokers are at greater risk.

Offline willie loman

There seems to be some confusion / difference in opinion of interpretation regarding figures stated by different people, for the sake of clarity are you saying there will be 250K deaths overall but only 10K of these will be younger healthy people  :unknown:

The 250k figure is doc holidays, my own view is in Britain by christmas the no of virus deaths will be around 10 k, the majority of whom would have had underlying conditions or being elderly. The no of young healthy adults , at most in the low hundreds. Now all deaths are tragic etc . I accept the lock down and its reasons, slowing down the spread, I differ from most in saying it will end sooner than you think, however if my fellow citizens want it to continue indefinitely, so be it.

Offline Doc Holliday

The 250k figure is doc holidays,

I give up  :D

I understood he is saying we will see 10k deaths this wave/year overall which Willie has confirmed. The government estimate/hope is circa 20k. I hope so also. In a worst case scenario with say 250K deaths then at least 10K of that total would be young healthy people.

I have tried to explain the reasons for lockdown to prevent the worst case scenario happening which would have occurred if Dominic Cummings had got his way.  :D

Offline Doc Holliday

With all due respect Doc i didnt say the majority , i said "alot"
On the basis that the 500,000 people who die this year are going to generally be the oldest , weakest and most vulnerable to death , and that the people succumbing to covid are presumably the elderly and weakest and most vulnerable isnt it logical to extrapolate that "alot" of the 6oo dead so far would have comprised a small part of the 500,000.
Or is there something other than being old , weak and vulnerable to death that renders a person susceptible to die from covid. Maybe smokers are at greater risk.

Fair enough  ;)

However I am saying the majority would not have been expected to die. For example given we are now at the end of March many of the highly vulnerable group you refer to will have succumbed to flu/colds etc already as the final straw.

It is well reported that many deaths are amongst those who despite having underlying conditions those conditions were not in themselves likely to have caused death in the foreseeable future. Age alone is a factor also.

Offline winkywanky

I'm glad to hear you don't seem to be in a vulnerable group, and you're very similar to myself in where you fit into the demographic.

With a bit of luck and if people follow the measures, I suspect we may well fall within the 10,000 casualties figure in the UK, and that would be brilliant.

And what is a plain fact in all of this, is when the mortality figures (hopefully) turn out to be a lot lower than we were warned could be the case, many people will be saying 'we told you so, it was no big thing and all that shutdown was a waste of time'.

What they won't realise (or won't admit) is that had there not been the big shutdown, the worst-case scenario could well have happened.

Just thought I'd pre-empt that.

Offline cotton

Fair enough  ;)

However I am saying the majority would not have been expected to die. For example given we are now at the end of March many of the highly vulnerable group you refer to will have succumbed to flu/colds etc already as the final straw.

It is well reported that many deaths are amongst those who despite having underlying conditions those conditions were not in themselves likely to have caused death in the foreseeable future. Age alone is a factor also.
Yeh thats fair go doc. Of course therel be people of a younger age with lung problems that make them vulnerable,  as well as just aberant cases like that healthy 21 year old girl who tragically died of it recently. Also if your over 70 and still otherwise fit and healthy im guessing you stand a good chance of surviving it.
Its kindof like its natures way of culling the weak and diseased , while mankind is fixated on keeping everyone alive for as long as possible.

Offline GreyDave

:hi: Cant seem to get on porn hub  :( :( so returned  :hi:

As "the Govenment Experts" said each country has a dirrent way of making figures and deciding on the cause of death these figures have to be looked at with the number tested to number of dead ..

Years ago when I was making "Loadsa money" I drove around the Nurbergring track in a senior work mates 911 (he`s still got the little map transfer on the car knackered as it is ) it was scarey that day several groups of bikers had decided to do circuit too...quite a few very very nasty crashes involving helicopter removal ect how ever ....No one died on track in fact yep theres a lot of accidents but not much death on road/track that happens down road in the clinic  :hi: ....way it is  :unknown: no one died yesterday on track ... :hi:

Offline winkywanky

Just been reading the New Scientist 21 March edition:

Bats viruses involved in both SARS and MERS however not the Bats themselfs but animal meat which they had infected
Bats being one of the few Blood Sucking mamals as aposed to a carnivore) Camel meat was mentioned , but transmision between us is still unclear.

If bats gave it to other animals or infected meat then consumed by humans, that still means it originated as a bat virus.

I don't see your point?

And it does still bring into question the live meat markets in China, where a similar thing seems to have happened before, ie that they are a portal for animal diseases to enter the human domain.  These markets are deeply ingrained in Chinese culture, but if this kind of thing is going to happen every few years, and cause this much global devastation, they need to stop.

Offline winkywanky

As "the Govenment Experts" said each country has a dirrent way of making figures and deciding on the cause of death these figures have to be looked at with the number tested to number of dead ..

Years ago when I was making "Loadsa money" I drove around the Nurbergring track in a senior work mates 911 (he`s still got the little map transfer on the car knackered as it is ) it was scarey that day several groups of bikers had decided to do circuit too...quite a few very very nasty crashes involving helicopter removal ect how ever ....No one died on track in fact yep theres a lot of accidents but not much death on road/track that happens down road in the clinic  :hi: ....way it is  :unknown: no one died yesterday on track ... :hi:

With logic like that, I hope you're very soon able to achieve relief on Pornhub  ;)  :D.

Offline dubs

That's bullshit lies, as you would expect from the torys, as Matt Hancock mentioned it on QT last week

#brexitbeforebreathing

Offline winkywanky

The question that keeps appearing to be dodged every time it's asked of govt ministers now, is did we start attempting to buy up stocks of protective gear early enough? Clothing, gloves, medical grade masks, handgel etc (and that's apart from respirators for patients).

It should have been clear from early January that there was a strong possibility that we were going to need them. Now we're playing catch-up, and all those ministers can say apparently,  is that they're moving Heaven and earth to procure them now. Yes, of course they are.

It's probably counterproductive to keep banging on about it now, but I suspect there'll be a big most-mortem when the crisis has all died down (no pun intended).

Offline Blackpool Rock

If bats gave it to other animals or infected meat then consumed by humans, that still means it originated as a bat virus.

I don't see your point?

And it does still bring into question the live meat markets in China, where a similar thing seems to have happened before, ie that they are a portal for animal diseases to enter the human domain.  These markets are deeply ingrained in Chinese culture, but if this kind of thing is going to happen every few years, and cause this much global devastation, they need to stop.
There was a great film on ITV2 last night called Contagion, not sure if they will screen it again in the next week or so as ITV do seem to repeat things a few times over a short time frame, if not then well worth a watch on their catch up player.

Rather than being some far fetched scenario where a bug comes to earth on the tail of a comet then the American super heros save all mankind it mirrored the current covid 19 outbreak.
Anyone that watches it will probably be like me and sit there going "Yeah that's exactly right, that's what's happening now".

It's actually a film from 2011 but i'd never seen it however it was the right film for the right time, for anyone that hasn't watched it I won't spoil the end but it shows how the virus jumped from an animal and entered the human population.

Offline Dogfather

Try veporn or spankbang instead.  :hi: