Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: A quiet 3 weeks in  (Read 1074 times)

Offline joe diddley

Classic. The one and only movie directed by Charles Laughton, shame he never directed any more films.   :(

The fairy-tale chase along the river is so magical and eerie and beautifully shot. It (inexplicably to me) got some bad reviews at the time, I seem to remember reading, and Laughton decided never to direct again. Yes, what a shame.

Offline Malvolio

"Of course he's the fucking farmer!"

I could do with the finest wines known to humanity right now.

Offline paper7

Enjoying re viewing all the great old war films of the 50's....there's plenty on 'Talking Pictures'
Still think the original Dunkirk 1958 was better than the latest one.

They've even been showing 'Old Mother Riley'  and George Formby films, which bring back childhood memories.

Was only reading recently that Formby's  'cleaning windows' song was banned by The BBC, referring to it as a disgusting little ditty.... How times change.
He performed it live at The Royal Variety Performance in front of The Queen Mother, he was advise a one of The Queen Mother's Aides to "Cut out the dirty bits" 
The Queen Mother told him that on no uncertain terms was he "to cut the song, or butcher it in any way, but  to sing it in its entirety!"

He did exactly what she told him!

Offline paper7

My 5 films.

1. Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption. (Read the original in 'Different Seasons', nothing like the film but a good 'stand alone' read nonetheless.)
2. The Green Mile (Read the book first, didn't even realise it was a film until some considerable time after.)
3. Escape from Alcatraz. (Based on a true story.)
4. The Outlaw Josey Wales. (Eastwood sheer brilliance.)
5. Airplane.   (Good for a laugh, Shirley!)

Offline Home Alone

Cabaret; [😛 at Liza Minnelli's photo on the poster.]
Casablanca; [Appeals to my fluffy side - LOVE the scene in Rick's Bar where everyone sings the Marseillaise.]
Klute; [😉😛😛 Jane Fonda as a MILF SP! What's not to love?!]
Shawshank Redemption; [Only ever seen this on TV; the Reviews when it was first released didn't appeal to me.]

And, cheating a bit, The Godfather trilogy.