Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Likes on profile  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Thephoenix

Maybe that was because you were sticking to realistic posts, it seems the likes, are getting a bit out of hand now.

Don't fret chum!.... here's one for you too! :hi:

Offline Bonker

Isn't this thread making a mockery of the process?

Online myothernameis

The OP now has 33 likes, and when he has 100 likes will it go to his head  :sarcastic: :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

Offline southcoastpunter

making a mockery of the "likes" facility and principle?  - absolutely yes.

Online mr.bluesky

making a mockery of the "likes" facility and principle?  - absolutely yes.

I was going to give both of you a "like" for posting this but you wouldn't appreciate it so I won't  :D

Offline Stevelondon

Of course………but as having lots of likes doesn’t get you a free punt. I don’t mind  :lol:

Offline Marmalade

I was on sabbatical when likes were introduced. Kind of feel that with such few likes, hardly worth making posts if so few like them. Still, think of UKP and wiki as a charity to which we contribute for the sake of others, or as 'dues' when one has read something helpful. Getting a bit past caring though.

Online contentguy

I was on sabbatical when likes were introduced. Kind of feel that with such few likes, hardly worth making posts if so few like them. Still, think of UKP and wiki as a charity to which we contribute for the sake of others, or as 'dues' when one has read something helpful. Getting a bit past caring though.

Don’t wholly disagree, the contributor to leech ratio is a bugbear to me.
I welcome the new “be nice” regime, but get frustrated by leaches such as https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=profile;u=318382

Who resigned due to privacy issues in March 2021 but logged in today and continues to enjoy his access despite having announced he’s not going to contribute.

Edit - you’ve now got 12  :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 09:48:16 pm by contentguy »

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Don’t wholly disagree, the contributor to leech ratio is a bugbear to me.
I welcome the new “be nice” regime, but get frustrated by leaches such as https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?action=profile;u=318382

Who resigned due to privacy issues in March 2021 but logged in today and continues to enjoy his access despite having announced he’s not going to contribute.

Edit - you’ve now got 12  :D
Define 'leech', what is the number of times they have to log on per annum for it to be classed as leaching? or what would be the acceptable number of times logging on that would be deemed alright?   :unknown:

I should add that the action the mods take depends on the login history of the member concerned.

The guy you linked to only logged on 6 time during the whole of 2022 and twice before today this year.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 10:14:29 pm by daviemac »

Online contentguy

Define 'leech', what is the number of times they have to log on per annum for it to be classed as leaching? or what would be the acceptable number of times logging on that would be deemed alright?   :unknown:

I should add that the action the mods take depends on the login history of the member concerned.

The guy you linked to only logged on 6 time during the whole of 2022 and twice before today this year.

In the example I posted, it's not so much the number of times, more that he posted he's not going to contribute.  Yet I occasionally see his recent feedback on AW so he's punting, using this site and not contributing (though as you point out, occasionally).  That's why I remember him.

Non-contribution is an issue with all forums, hence my supporting the new regime that when someone does contribute we welcome it.

Offline tynetunnel

I really wouldn’t get hung up on likes and whether it’s worth posting if so few like them. I find most of your thoughts insightful and interesting. However a ‘like’ goes to the member, and not the individual post. So even if I ‘like’ a post, you won’t know which post that I actually liked! For me, for that reason, likes are mostly pointless.

Online Lou2019

• Service Provider

If you were on a sabbatical when it was introduced that’s obviously why you have so few likes surely  :unknown:

Offline Vice Admiral

If you go on the West Midlands board you will see that there we have "loikes"

Here on the sunny south coast – where almost everyone is a public school educated millionaire – we have "lakes". 

Offline scutty brown

Personally I prefer a girl who delivers licks

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
In the example I posted, it's not so much the number of times, more that he posted he's not going to contribute.  Yet I occasionally see his recent feedback on AW so he's punting, using this site and not contributing (though as you point out, occasionally).  That's why I remember him.

Non-contribution is an issue with all forums, hence my supporting the new regime that when someone does contribute we welcome it.
I honestly don't understand what the issue is with him, it was 2 years ago when he said he wasn't going to contribute but he has hardly used the site since. Fair enough he may be punting but we can't ban him because he uses AW far more than he does here.

Had he said he wasn't going to contribute but continued to use the site on a regular basis something would be done but he hasn't, he's neither contributing or using the site.

Lurkers are a fact of life on any forum, however on here it's relevant to how often they logon, what they contribute and what they post.

This one has been asked about reviews because his use of the site warrants it.

Any reason you haven't posted a review of one of your visits or any other bookings for that matter. You've been here 4 years.  :unknown:

And this one is going to be banned if he doesn't reply next time he logs on, 2 questions on the thread and 1 PM is more than enough chances.

I'll repeat the question, - "Please explain why you have not posted any reviews during your time as a member, you are an active user of the site." You have logged on almost daily and you obviously punt.

Online contentguy

I honestly don't understand what the issue is with him, it was 2 years ago when he said he wasn't going to contribute but he has hardly used the site since. Fair enough he may be punting but we can't ban him because he uses AW far more than he does here.

Fair enough, I just saw a couple of feedbacks he'd left on AW this week when I was looking at some profiles.  Remembered his resignation here and saw he'd logged in yesterday.

Online 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0
Fair enough, I just saw a couple of feedbacks he'd left on AW this week when I was looking at some profiles.  Remembered his resignation here and saw he'd logged in yesterday.

This is why we want Reports and not posts on the open Forum.

I know old habits die hard but is it that difficult.

Online contentguy

This is why we want Reports and not posts on the open Forum.

I know old habits die hard but is it that difficult.

Point taken, I generally do report rather than post.

Offline Vice Admiral

Here on the sunny south coast – where almost everyone is a public school educated millionaire – we have "lakes".

Re-reading my post from earlier today, I realise that it may have looked like pointless nonsense. 

Not, I imagine, that anyone would have cared much either way.  Indeed some might say, "No change there, then."

Nonetheless I clarify as follows.

Amused by JontyR’s
... If you go on the West Midlands board you will see that there we have “loikes" ...
I was trying to suggest that here in the south we pronounce “likes” as “lakes”.

In reality, of course, no-one talks like that any more.  But you get that kind of clipped, old-fashioned upper-class pronunciation in films from the 1940s, where you might hear someone saying: “Every girl lakes a man who rides a motor-bake.”  Indeed when she was a young woman, the late Queen spoke a bit like that.

Oh dear.  I’m talking to myself again.

I’ll get my coat.

Offline Thephoenix

Re-reading my post from earlier today, I realise that it may have looked like pointless nonsense. 

Not, I imagine, that anyone would have cared much either way.  Indeed some might say, "No change there, then."

Nonetheless I clarify as follows.

Amused by JontyR’s
... If you go on the West Midlands board you will see that there we have “loikes" ...
I was trying to suggest that here in the south we pronounce “likes” as “lakes”.

In reality, of course, no-one talks like that any more.  But you get that kind of clipped, old-fashioned upper-class pronunciation in films from the 1940s, where you might hear someone saying: “Every girl lakes a man who rides a motor-bake.”  Indeed when she was a young woman, the late Queen spoke a bit like that.

Oh dear.  I’m talking to myself again.

I’ll get my coat.

That's kepitol old bean!

Offline Thephoenix

Oh you are awful....but I like you!   :D  :hi:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 06:44:54 pm by Thephoenix »

Offline scutty brown

Oh you are awful....but I like you!   :D  :hi:

Be careful with your knicker elastic Mandy

Offline Thephoenix

Be careful with your knicker elastic Mandy

Haven't you heard?

His nickname's Lucy!  :rolleyes:

Offline Thephoenix

Haven't you heard?

His nickname's Lucy!  :rolleyes:

Lucy Lastic....Oh never mind! :P

Online arrow0404

I have read this thread and apologies if I missed it - I still don’t quite understand the ‘likes’
All I know is 2 automatically show up each time I post something  :unknown:

Online mr.bluesky

I have read this thread and apologies if I missed it - I still don’t quite understand the ‘likes’
All I know is 2 automatically show up each time I post something  :unknown:

If someone "likes" something you have posted they will click on your "likes tab" on your profile and your count will go up accordingly. If your stuck on two it means nobody has "liked" something you have posted enough for your count to go up,
Simple as that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 10:44:30 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online alabama1

If someone "likes" something you have posted they will click on your "likes tab" on your profile and your count will go up accordingly. If your stuck on two it means nobody has "liked" something you have posted enough for your count to go up,
He's not stuck on two, he says his likes count goes up by 2 every time he posts something

Online mr.bluesky

He's not stuck on two, he says his likes count goes up by 2 every time he posts something

According to his profile as of today, he's only showing 2 likes in total . it's  not increasing by 2 each time
  :unknown:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 10:47:59 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online arrow0404

Stuck - not sure but anytime I post something the ‘likes’ instantly say 2 . And never any more ?!!

For instance yours says 60 likes I’m like 5 mins

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
Stuck - not sure but anytime I post something the ‘likes’ instantly say 2 . And never any more ?!!

For instance yours says 60 likes I’m like 5 mins
There you go you've got 3 now.

BTW it will stay at 3 until someone else clicks on the green 'like' button under your name.

Online mr.bluesky

No it doesn't,  as Daviemac has just explained it. I have more " likes" because I have posted more things that someone has liked and given me a "like" it's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 11:03:30 pm by mr.bluesky »

Online alabama1

No it doesn't,  as Daviemac has just explained it. I have more " likes" because I have posted more things that someone has liked and given me a "like" it's as simple as that.
Yeah i agree. I was just going off what he said, i couldn't be arsed to investigate myself lol

Offline simon07

I noticed have 3 likes ,on my profile but don't know what for anyone any information

Your likes have shot up from 3.
Ever thought of going into politics. Maybe set up “let’s have a party PARTY?”

Online alabama1

Your likes have shot up from 3.
Ever thought of going into politics. Maybe set up “let’s have a party PARTY?”
How the fuck is he now on 46 ? Can't take these 'likes' serious anymore  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 11:45:15 pm by alabama1 »

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
How the fuck is he now on 46 ? Can't take these 'likes' serious anymore  :thumbsdown:
He's gained 43 more over the past 3 months.

Online alabama1

He's gained 43 more over the past 3 months.
Oh ok. Thought it was just tonight. lol. Still impressive though !

Online mikecee

There you go you've got 3 now.

BTW it will stay at 3 until someone else clicks on the green 'like' button under your name.

Can l have one as well?  Please.

Offline Fuzzyduck

Who asked you? :timeout:

If you weren't asking openly, were you seriously asking a mod to give you a "like"? Sounds a bit needy. DM was showing arrow0404 that the "likes" figure is cumulative and not for each post made.

Offline scutty brown

Who asked you? :timeout:

Simple
you're not going to get any by taking the piss, though I do wonder where the three you got today came from.........

Online mikecee

Simple
you're not going to get any by taking the piss, though I do wonder where the three you got today came from.........

Me too :drinks:

Online mikecee

It's actually 4 now.  It's amazing what a little politeness can achieve.

Online mikecee

If you weren't asking openly, were you seriously asking a mod to give you a "like"? Sounds a bit needy. DM was showing arrow0404 that the "likes" figure is cumulative and not for each post made.

My question to Scutty was meant to be humorous,  if anyone thinks otherwise then l apologise.