Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Gambia - Some Advice?  (Read 3218 times)

IDontKnow

Hi, sorry to be asking questions that have maybe been asked before, but this whole forum things is a bit confusing so just hoping to get some straightforward, up-to-date information. So I'm looking to travel to (The?) Gambia soon, primarily for this hobby, but hopefully there's some other things to do if any of you have any recommendations. All this high-season/low-season stuff, could anyone clarify these times, will it be dead during November? From what I gather, it's around 30 Celsius most of the time, is it sunny most of the time too, specifically November again? Location wise, flights would be to Banjul, is the the place for girls? Senegamiba, Serrekunda, Kololi have been mentioned, are these suburbs of Banjul or their own separate settlements, is there a 'main' area for girls, the 'strip' has been mentioned but not entirely sure where that is if anyone could please help? Accommodation wise, people seem to suggest apartments over hotels, do you just look online for these apartments and book online, could anyone recommend any or websites to use? Don't mind paying the bit extra to bring a girl back to a hotel if anyone knows of any hotels like this that are nice and in a good location. If anyone could give me a rough idea of how much it should cost me all together for accommodation and flights from the UK, that would be much appreciated as obviously don't want to rip myself off. Also any other general tips that anyone feels an idiot like me might need to know I'd be very grateful to hear. Again sorry if I've been a complete arse in asking so much in this post, but if any of you could help a first-timer out that would be swell. Thanks.

Offline CoolTiger

• Forum Moderator
  • Reviews: 10
Search in top RHS using key word "gambia". I got 27 results.

There's loads of stuff on here, you just need to spend time and find it.

IDontKnow

Thanks for the replies, I've read through everything on the site about Gambia. It's just the accommodation thing that's my real concern. People seem to suggest you can rent apartments cheaply for the week, but the prices I'm seeing online are extortionate. If anyone could give a rough figure of how much I should look to spend on average standard accommodation for a week in November, or point me in the direction of somewhere nice, that;d be lovely.

Offline Rocketmanbob

External Link/Members Only

Stayed here earlier this year, clean, cheap, and a short walk to the strip

Many other similar establishments nearby

Offline JimmyChew

If you are going on November you need to make an appointment with the nurse at your GPs to see if you need any jabs. Yellow Fever is one but you will be covered if you have had it previously I believe?. Accommodation can be booked at a reasonable price online on sites like booking.com.
I've paid around £480 for flights and BnB for 11 nights in January so, pretty reasonable. It's my first visit so cannot provide any tips as far as the ladies to but despite going with the O/H K will be looking to taste the local delights  :wacko:

IDontKnow

If you are going on November you need to make an appointment with the nurse at your GPs to see if you need any jabs. Yellow Fever is one but you will be covered if you have had it previously I believe?. Accommodation can be booked at a reasonable price online on sites like booking.com.
I've paid around £480 for flights and BnB for 11 nights in January so, pretty reasonable. It's my first visit so cannot provide any tips as far as the ladies to but despite going with the O/H K will be looking to taste the local delights  :wacko:

Thanks, yeah I've looking in to that, think it's wise to get malaria tablets too. Going in December now, about £450 for a week, so not quite a good deal as you, but I'm happy enough with it.

Offline fisherofsouls

Stayed here earlier this year, clean, cheap, and a short walk to the strip

Many other similar establishments nearby

Sorry to necropost, but seriously thinking about a week in TG mid-Nov and wondering if Avalon is girl-friendly ?

Thanks in advance !

Offline Niggledebits

Thanks, yeah I've looking in to that, think it's wise to get malaria tablets too. Going in December now, about £450 for a week, so not quite a good deal as you, but I'm happy enough with it.

With Thomas Cook going belly up, can you tell me where you are flying from? I am seriously thinking of going to the same area around the 15th December for a week.

I am based up North!

Offline insignia

With Thomas Cook going belly up, can you tell me where you are flying from? I am seriously thinking of going to the same area around the 15th December for a week.

I am based up North!
The best way now mate for flight only is easyjet to Lisbon. then Lisbon to banjul. or silly money with Gambia experience from Gatwick or Manchester

Offline Niggledebits

The best way now mate for flight only is easyjet to Lisbon. then Lisbon to banjul. or silly money with Gambia experience from Gatwick or Manchester

Thanks Mr I

You are right, the direct cost from Manchester is about £1000. I just wanted to avoid changing flights.

Offline insignia

Hi, sorry to be asking questions that have maybe been asked before, but this whole forum things is a bit confusing so just hoping to get some straightforward, up-to-date information. So I'm looking to travel to (The?) Gambia soon, primarily for this hobby, but hopefully there's some other things to do if any of you have any recommendations. All this high-season/low-season stuff, could anyone clarify these times, will it be dead during November? From what I gather, it's around 30 Celsius most of the time, is it sunny most of the time too, specifically November again? Location wise, flights would be to Banjul, is the the place for girls? Senegamiba, Serrekunda, Kololi have been mentioned, are these suburbs of Banjul or their own separate settlements, is there a 'main' area for girls, the 'strip' has been mentioned but not entirely sure where that is if anyone could please help? Accommodation wise, people seem to suggest apartments over hotels, do you just look online for these apartments and book online, could anyone recommend any or websites to use? Don't mind paying the bit extra to bring a girl back to a hotel if anyone knows of any hotels like this that are nice and in a good location. If anyone could give me a rough idea of how much it should cost me all together for accommodation and flights from the UK, that would be much appreciated as obviously don't want to rip myself off. Also any other general tips that anyone feels an idiot like me might need to know I'd be very grateful to hear. Again sorry if I've been a complete arse in asking so much in this post, but if any of you could help a first-timer out that would be swell. Thanks.
Mate the season runs from nov 1st to end of April. 75% of hotels will then close. November will be 35 degrees plus but always a nice breeze. Head for Kololi or senegambia they 1 mile apart. A good hotel will be Badalla park or failing that ask any taxi driver to find you an apartment. he will be your mate all the time your there. i like hotels, ok you pay about £12 to take a girl in but you still get an all nighter for around £35. plus you got brekky and the pool to chill around. The strip is basically the high st, lots of bars ect with time inn and brittania at the top. i wouldnt worry about yellow fever but malaria tablets are a must they called Malorone but take medical advice. id aviod staying in Banjul itself. go for nice strolls along the beach you will pull. be nice to girls working in hotel and they will be nice to you. You will pull in every bar every day. go for it and enjoy

Offline fisherofsouls

I am based up North!

For what it's worth, I am looking at TAP from Manchester via Lisbon.

The cheapest offer I have found so far is £350 or so.

Leaving Fri 15th Nov at 11:35, stopping in Lisbon (a city I have always wanted to visit) for 30 hours (2:25 to 8:55 the following day) then arriving into Banjul at 01:10 on the Sunday morning 17th Nov...  returning Fri 22nd at 02:20 with an hour and a half connection in Lisbon and back to Manchester by 10:45am.

Accommodation seems quite dear though, which is why I was asking about girl-friendliness...

Offline webpunter

Only multiplying the usual risks of getting caught by about 100x
Good luck !

but despite going with the O/H K will be looking to taste the local delights  :wacko: