Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: A few questions on Pattaya  (Read 1139 times)

geek_lover

So I decided to take the plunge at Pattaya next month but I am having a bit of a nightmare working a few things out.  I have used information on here and other forums and have pretty much nailed down my flights and methods of getting to hotel in Pattaya.  The issue I am having is with so much conflicting information on different sources it seemed easier to ask advice from likeminded individuals.

The questions I have is where to stay, not necisaarily hotel but more location.  I have my own requirements for hotel (clean, safe in room, girl friendly etc) and am less worried about price.

I am looking for the following activities while I am there (probobly many, many times) so this may help with advice:

- Blow Job Bars
- Soapy Massage
- Bar Girls scene
- Hiring overnight
- Standard beer drinking (but hopefully not at inflated prices)

Ideally I would be located close enough to walk home at night, however if someone could help me understand the taxis as thee information on various forums seems to contradict eachother.  I am happy to pay for taxis between places but it appears they don't have many taxis and I am not sure how I feel about riding on the back of a moped.  Is it easy to grab a taxi/alternative between the places?  I know there is a wealth of information but OCD has kicked in and I have spent 2 days circling round the same hotels unable to establish which ones to book, as in do I want to be close to Walking street or somewhere else?

As always any help would be very much appreciated......

Offline Boinky

Note: I've never been to Pattaya but am also planning my first trip.

The main way of getting around Pattaya is the Baht buses. You just hop on and off as they get to your destination and you pay 10baht for the trip regardless of whether you do 1 stop or 10.
They drive all over the town but mainly along the drag to Walking St and along beach road or do a circular tour of the town (I think). So if you're looking for a hotel my personal thought, which has been backed up on another board with a ton of information and loads of knowledgeable members (Pattaya Addicts if you haven't checked it out, a ton of info and a lot of helpful and knowledgeable members), is to get a hotel or apartment in central Pattaya which has decent access to LK Metro and the surrounding area, and a few minutes walk to Beach Rd so you can easily get the Baht bus and get yourself to Soi 6, Walking St etc.

Perhaps a more experienced Pattaya monger can chime in with better info though as I said this is just what I'm planning without any real experience myself.

geek_lover

Hi, I appreciate the info.  I couldn't seem to register for the Pattaya Addicts (at time of post), although I have just recieved an email from the moderator who has set me up manually so will look.  So the best areas are walking street and Soi 6 for activities?

Offline Boinky

Walking Street is the main area, but it's also where you'll find are all the top end prices for all your activities and not much going on in the daytime.

It's also bloody noisy, not sure I'd want to stay too close although many do for the convenience.
Soi 6 is one street of many that have beer bars, BJ bars, massage etc although it's probably the most infamous.
Youtube has loads of videos on Pattaya from the likes of Kevinthailand, Kingepic, Bangkok112 and many more.

Personally, I'm planning to stay around the LK Metro area which has beer bars, go-go bars etc around it. It is a short walk to Beach road and I can get a baht bus anywhere I'm likely to go day or night for entertainment. Being a biker though sitting on a moto taxi for a short hop doesn't really bother me.

I wouldn't get too tied down to one idea though, now you're a member on PA then have a good browse through it. There's tonnes of info, any thread you're thinking of posting, like this, has been done a hundred or more times already so use their search function and join in on existing threads.

geek_lover

Will do mate, cheers. Out of interest so I can get a fix on the location what hotel have you bokked?

Offline Boinky

Haven't chosen a hotel yet as I'm still trying to sort out dates, but this hotel is slap bang in centre of the area I'm looking at.

LK Metro Hotel, 33/35 Moo 10 Pattaya City, Nongprue, Banglamung Pattaya, Thailand

External Link/Members Only
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:26:45 pm by Boinky »

bigmanbigman

Im planning to go mid November so any tips welcome .
Thanks.

Offline Bangers and Gash

If you stay in a decent location there's no need to use baht buses or scooters. But then again, I'm not a fat bastard, so I like to get a bit of exercise in between watering holes etc.

geek_lover

If you stay in a decent location there's no need to use baht buses or scooters. But then again, I'm not a fat bastard, so I like to get a bit of exercise in between watering holes etc.

This sounds ideal, can you recomend a good location?

Offline Steve2

Offline zigzag

Planning my first trip, booked for early december. at the moment booked to stay in Soi Lengkee, which is a short walk from LK metro like Boinky didn't fancy  being too near walking st and LK Metro seems just as popular, and not too far to walk to many other good soi's and I think once you get the hang of the Baht bus getting anywhere is cheap & quick. Pattaya addicts is a good resource for info also you tube. i like Kev in Thailand he often relates where he's showing you to the LK Metro area so I'm starting to get an idea of where things are.  many seem to say that Soi 6 is a bit wild for newbies but i'm hoping to meet up with some veterans who can give me the low down

bigmanbigman

Near LK Metro and recommended. Girl friendly

in nov pink rooms 1.000 day is that a ok price?

Offline Steve2

Just over £20/day. What do you think?

bigmanbigman

Yes really great price looking at website and looks really good thanks

Offline dsr

There's loads of stuff on both here and Pattaya Addicts about general stuff.  I'd suggest going through this Asia section first and reading everything.  PA is great, but there is so much info it can be a bit overwhelming.  I wouldn't worry that much about travel.  You may be fine with walking to your hotel, but I know about 5000 ladies who won't be.  So bus/scooter it is.  Scooter you make sure to arrange price before you get on.  Handy to carry a hotel card around so you can just show it to them.  Bus is easy enough.  Stick hand out, wait for bus to pull over, get on the back.  Mind your head.  Press bell/button when near where you want to go, get off, give driver (I think it was) 10 bhat.  Don't expect change.

Hotels depend on what you intend doing.  Around LK Metro is a good base, and also about halfway between Walking Street and Soi 6.  You have some of the massage parlours, a soapy and Metro itself all within pissing distance.  WS to Soi 6 is a decent walk but doable, I'd just get the bus mind.  I'm not sure how Soi 6 is at the moment.  The main selling point was open in the afternoon, chat to girl, take her upstairs, go back down for more beers.  At the moment I think they are enforcing 6pm for beer and I don't know if you can just take them upstairs anymore.  When I was there it was in middle of a major crackdown so no rooms at all in the bars (ST hotels still good).  With it being Thailand that might change on a day to day basis.  You'll just have to force yourself to walk down and oogle the females, see what's up.

geek_lover

There's loads of stuff on both here and Pattaya Addicts about general stuff.  I'd suggest going through this Asia section first and reading everything.  PA is great, but there is so much info it can be a bit overwhelming.  I wouldn't worry that much about travel.  You may be fine with walking to your hotel, but I know about 5000 ladies who won't be.  So bus/scooter it is.  Scooter you make sure to arrange price before you get on.  Handy to carry a hotel card around so you can just show it to them.  Bus is easy enough.  Stick hand out, wait for bus to pull over, get on the back.  Mind your head.  Press bell/button when near where you want to go, get off, give driver (I think it was) 10 bhat.  Don't expect change.

Hotels depend on what you intend doing.  Around LK Metro is a good base, and also about halfway between Walking Street and Soi 6.  You have some of the massage parlours, a soapy and Metro itself all within pissing distance.  WS to Soi 6 is a decent walk but doable, I'd just get the bus mind.  I'm not sure how Soi 6 is at the moment.  The main selling point was open in the afternoon, chat to girl, take her upstairs, go back down for more beers.  At the moment I think they are enforcing 6pm for beer and I don't know if you can just take them upstairs anymore.  When I was there it was in middle of a major crackdown so no rooms at all in the bars (ST hotels still good).  With it being Thailand that might change on a day to day basis.  You'll just have to force yourself to walk down and oogle the females, see what's up.

Yep this advice seemed good.  I just booked LKK Residence as they gave me a 1 bedroom suite for a similar price others were offering me a room.  It's located close to where you mentioned.