Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Thailand trip.. Need help with hotels!!  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Trucker999

Hi all. I'm new to this site but not to punting and from reading through this site im now gagging to go to Thailand. I've got a 2 week window at the beginning of December so this is my time to go.
My plan is 3 nights in Bangkok to start with then over to Pattaya for 8 nights then back to Bangkok for 2 nights.
Booking flights is no problem and same with transferring between Pattaya and Bangkok. I will use either taxi or train.
However, I was wondering if anyone had any hotel information. I'm looking to live cheap, but want guest friendly hotel at around £20 per night or cheaper if poss.
Does anyone have any links to hotels which are guest friendly and close to red light areas in both Bangkok and Pattaya. I have been searching the net but only seems to be hostels which I definately won't be staying in.. Privacy needed for overnight girls!
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jimmyredcab

December is peak season, you will struggle to find a decent hotel in Bangkok for under £20 a night.

One of our members may be able to help you later  ------------ Jerboa.    :hi:

Offline Jerboa

On my first trip I'd probably stay in Patts and not return to Bkk, if punting is your main priority.
Accommodation as Jimmy says the rates increase a little in December, if you look on hotel booking sites you will usually pay through the nose, yes you can get rooms in both locations for under £20=1,000b a night.
In Bkk most farang punters prefer to stay in the lower Sukhumvit Rd area, but cost of hotels are higher here as they know farangs will pay, you want to be looking for 3 star business hotels, there are several about, one I visited on soi11 when I shagged a girl from backpage, she said room cost her 1300b, you might be better of emailing hotels to ask the rate rather than the hotel booking sites. Now me personally I don't stay in the lower Sukh area, I stay up in Ratchada at Watana Hotel, no need to book in advance, 24hr reception just turn up and pay for the night 800b a night. External Link/Members Only as for Patts plenty of mid range options, Queen Vic soi 6 being my recommendation.

Offline Trucker999

Thanks for the replies.. Very helpful. Hopefully I can get there this year!

Offline Vivago

Simply do a Trivago search. A 2 minute narrowed down search and I came up with a few sub £20 a night flops in the Sukhumvit Asok/Nana area in December, including this £16 a night 3 star cheapie. If you upped your budget to the £20-30 range, you would have a vast selection including some quite decent hotels such as the Majestic Suites. :hi:

Hidden Image/Members Only
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline tailof2cities

dont know if youve looked already on youtube,search for kev in thailand or geoff carter,they both do good vlogs and tell you the hot spots aswell as bangkok112 whos also got a website worth a visit bangkok112.com,hope this helps in some way

Offline Steve2

dont know if youve looked already on youtube,search for kev in thailand or geoff carter,they both do good vlogs and tell you the hot spots aswell as bangkok112 whos also got a website worth a visit bangkok112.com,hope this helps in some way

Geoff Carter is one of the most boring people to watch on Youtube

:thumbsdown:

Offline blueruin

Simply do a Trivago search. A 2 minute narrowed down search and I came up with a few sub £20 a night flops in the Sukhumvit Asok/Nana area in December, including this £16 a night 3 star cheapie. If you upped your budget to the £20-30 range, you would have a vast selection including some quite decent hotels such as the Majestic Suites. :hi:

cant go wrong with the Majestic Suites, about as close to the action as you can get, assuming the action you want is Nana plaza, this is generally my first choice in BKK. The Nana hotel is probably worth a look as well as its just across the soi from Nana plaza, but never stayed there myself.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:19:00 pm by blueruin »

Offline Jimmyredcab

cant go wrong with the Majestic Suites, about as close to the action as you can get, assuming the action you want is Nana plaza.

I used to stay there all the time, owned by Indians, they would give me a discount for a 20 night stay, I now prefer the Dynasty Grande but it is more expensive. Both girl friendly and minutes from the action.   :hi:

Offline Vivago

The Nana hotel is probably worth a look as well as its just across the soi from Nana plaza, but never stayed there myself.

I've stayed at the Nana. I would describe the rooms as being GI chic in  that the rooms don't appear to have been upgraded since the Vietnam War. But they are cheap and fit for purpose and the breakfast buffet is edible. The place is also heaving with decrepit old punters towing their skanky girlfriends.

Its tolerable but there are better deals to be had in the area. :hi:
Banned reason: For taking the piss after being advised
Banned by: Head1

Offline Jimmyredcab

I've stayed at the Nana. I would describe the rooms as being GI chic in  that the rooms don't appear to have been upgraded since the Vietnam War. But they are cheap and fit for purpose and the breakfast buffet is edible. The place is also heaving with decrepit old punters towing their skanky girlfriends.

Its tolerable but there are better deals to be had in the area. :hi:

I stayed at The Nana once, not impressed at all, would not return.

I loved the Golden Beer Bar at the front of the hotel but it is now a branch of Hooters.   

Offline Dulmenite

A reasonable hotel in Pattaya , you can book on line . Sabai Lodge on Soi 2 off the beach road . Prices are good . Hotel very safe . No problem with taking a companion in . All rooms have a big bed . Have stayed there many times . Would suggest you avoid Bangkok altogether .  Taxi from Airport is about 1500 Baht . 

Offline Jimmyredcab

A reasonable hotel in Pattaya , you can book on line . Sabai Lodge on Soi 2 off the beach road . Prices are good . Hotel very safe . No problem with taking a companion in . All rooms have a big bed . Have stayed there many times . Would suggest you avoid Bangkok altogether .  Taxi from Airport is about 1500 Baht .

Totally disagree ------------------- everyone should see Bangkok if only for a few days.      :hi:

Offline Jerboa

Totally disagree ------------------- everyone should see Bangkok if only for a few days.      :hi:

Yes go to Bkk for a couple of nights, do some tourist sites, and do some punting.

Offline Trucker999

I'll definately be having a few days in Bangkok.. Tourism sites and punting.. Defo need to visit a bj bar.
Thanks for the great responses fellas.. Very useful.

Offline METEOR

Yes a few days in Bangkok is totally worth it. I used to hate it but now I like it for a few days. Love the beach too much to stay longer but good for sightseeing and a good choice of places to go on the night. Bangkok rough guide I found useful
Last time I did sightseeing I got a tucktuck driver to drive me around. Didn't cost that much but he did stop in random shops obviously trying to get commission if I bought anything which I didn't

Offline Jimmyredcab

Last time I did sightseeing I got a tucktuck driver to drive me around. Didn't cost that much but he did stop in random shops obviously trying to get commission if I bought anything which I didn't

Not something I would recommend ---------------- many of these drivers offer a "tour" for 20 baht but they will take you to shops that try to rip you off.    :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Offline Jerboa

Not something I would recommend ---------------- many of these drivers offer a "tour" for 20 baht but they will take you to shops that try to rip you off.    :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Correct it's just a hassle from one shop to another, also with tuktuks there have been reports of tourists getting their bags snatched out of the open tuktuk by thieves, even people getting killed.
External Link/Members Only
External Link/Members Only

Offline clydeboy82

I have stayed here a few years in a row in pattaya English owner about £15-20 a night nice wee place and good location drop him a mail.