Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: refreshing - leave it to the aussies to have an open mind  (Read 1176 times)

yourgent

External Link/Members Only

"College student. Aspiring lawyer. Activist. Daughter, sister, sex worker. I don't need rescuing".
These are the kinds of statements that hundreds of Australian sex workers are making about themselves using the #facesofprostitution hashtag

nice to see such a frank and open discourse

Aspen

External Link/Members Only

"College student. Aspiring lawyer. Activist. Daughter, sister, sex worker. I don't need rescuing".
These are the kinds of statements that hundreds of Australian sex workers are making about themselves using the #facesofprostitution hashtag

nice to see such a frank and open discourse

Yeah, but it's become something of a yuppie business in Australia - with prices to match.

I think it's good to see a positive image portrayed. But that doesn't alter the fact that most prostitutes are quite greedy individuals. Not blaming them for going up-market when the opportunity is there, but it's not the garden of Eden some try to make out. With legalisation comes regulation beyond belief.  The UK is bad enough, but in comparison it's not a pleasant experience meeting a prostitute in Australia, and it's a lot more expensive.

Offline PLeisure

Yeah, but it's become something of a yuppie business in Australia - with prices to match.

I think it's good to see a positive image portrayed. But that doesn't alter the fact that most prostitutes are quite greedy individuals. Not blaming them for going up-market when the opportunity is there, but it's not the garden of Eden some try to make out. With legalisation comes regulation beyond belief.  The UK is bad enough, but in comparison it's not a pleasant experience meeting a prostitute in Australia, and it's a lot more expensive.

Would appreciate you elaborating on this, pls. Not to challenge you, genuinely interested  :hi:

Aspen

Would appreciate you elaborating on this, pls. Not to challenge you, genuinely interested

They have standard procedures that they are supposed to adhere to in order to keep their licences. Which although some of it makes good sense, it feels more like visiting a dentist or doctors surgery with all and more of the apprehension one often has at such places. Any hard-on you may have entering the front door is soon lost when you find out what goes on in the first few mins. Brothels are unwelcoming places, bad on the outside and inside they pay more attention to the décor and how many pillows are scattered around the bed than making it a sensual experience, and they are greedy big time! One place to particularly avoid is called Langtrees, which is a chain in all the big cities and obviously makes a mint. The girls who work in these places are cold and mechanical and work strictly to the clock, finishing early if possible. The management make sure of that, and if it's busy they'll clip you early. The equivalent of a London walk up works out at about five times the price. Independents are incredibly expensive. Last time I was there I contacted a few and prices ranged from 500 - 1000 A$ an hour, with a minimum hour booking and little info about what they will do until you actually meet them. You could be lucky and find someone in the range A$300-350 an hour, but they will be down market and probably non Aussies just there to make a buck or two.

The review site there is External Link/Members Only

Take a look and you'll see what I mean. The chat room is hilarious. Totally dominated by the prostitutes and the guys on there are full of subservient shite ~ full of the JRC "hey you should be charging more" type stuff.

My understanding from chatting to a few Aussie guys is that it was much easier and better before the sex industry was legalised and regulated. They say that thirty years ago it was easy to find a prostitute in Sydney or Melbourne for 20 - 30 dollars.

Australia is a great place for a lot of things, but sex isn't one of them. (unless you have a GF of course. But I find Aussie women mouthy and confrontational for the most part. The guys on the other hand have a bit more cameraderie than in the UK - if they accept you!).

Offline PLeisure

Cheers, Aspen - appreciate the intel for Down Under :hi:

justfornow

That's quite illuminating Aspen.

I would think that market would regulate on it's own.
Maybe it did though if independents over there charge that much they must realise shit service you get in a brothel.

British model seems best so far. Legal prostitution illegal brothels.

Aspen

I agree with you except they won't let girls work in the same place to look out for each other. Because in the current law that constitutes a brothel, which is obviously ridiculous. A brothel is somewhere where it's the prime business, not someones flat. That's the one thing that really needs changing.

I don't think girls should be required to pay tax on what they hire their bodies out for. But that's just a personal view. Organised businesses yes, but not individuals. That's too close to the state being a pimp (and forcing women to fuck more to get the same income). Some effective way of getting pimps out of the picture would be good too (then maybe the EE's wouldn't infest us so much). But by far the biggest issue is girls being prevented from helping each other.

Offline Jimmyredcab

The problem is the definition of a brothel, if different girls work in a flat on different days it can still be classed as a brothel.  :unknown:

Aspen

The problem is the definition of a brothel, if different girls work in a flat on different days it can still be classed as a brothel.

Exactly!

The people who make such laws deliberately put the girls in jeopardy to put them off working. That's nasty and I bet some of them indulge in so-called high class hookers while the rest of us suffer from their whims.