Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Unity Self Testing Kit for STIs (Bristol, N Somerset, S Glos)  (Read 1575 times)

Offline dubs

Anyone used this service?  Sounds way more convenient that waiting at the clinic for a couple of hours

External Link/Members Only

I'm wondering how discrete it is and how long it takes to get the kit after ordering?

Offline PeachyAssFan

No sorry.  Good idea. Never heard of it before, but having just read about it online - all very legit from the NHS. Couldn't risk any package being delivered to home irrespective of how discreet. Posties would soon get to know people ordering these kits, even if it's after ordering one for themselves.

Offline Jack_Carms

There is a discussion about GUM clinics on the Welsh boards which mention self testing kits.
For those interested;
https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=151702.0

Offline dubs

Yeah its completely free and backed by the NHS.

Offline FL6969

• Service Provider
Just as a follow up to this - I ordered one as I don't have the discretion problem some punters have and the wait time was ridiculous last time I went to the clinic. Have attached a pic of the stuff that arrives. Discreet packaging with return address as BRI so you could make up some story about getting a blood test done or something. May not be for everyone but if it makes getting tested easier then can only be a good thing.

Hidden Image/Members Only

Offline dubs

Just as a follow up to this - I ordered one as I don't have the discretion problem some punters have and the wait time was ridiculous last time I went to the clinic. Have attached a pic of the stuff that arrives. Discreet packaging with return address as BRI so you could make up some story about getting a blood test done or something. May not be for everyone but if it makes getting tested easier then can only be a good thing.

Thanks Freya,  how long did it take to arrive after ordering it?

Offline Cupid Stuntz

Does anybody know if this is available nationwide or just the iniative of the health authority in this catchment area?

Offline Cupid Stuntz

Ok, google just answered my question."It's bad it's nationwide".

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:52:42 pm by Cupid Stuntz »

Offline FL6969

• Service Provider
It took a week to arrive - your post prompted me to order it. I think they will only deliver to addresses in the Bristol (and surrounding) area. Worst bit was getting enough blood for the sample - had to use 3 fingers, ouch.

vw

It took a week to arrive - your post prompted me to order it. I think they will only deliver to addresses in the Bristol (and surrounding) area. Worst bit was getting enough blood for the sample - had to use 3 fingers, ouch.

3 fingers, think i will stick with the day out to GRH or DSE like normal.

Offline EnglishRebecca121

• Banned
  • Service Provider
the problem is anyone can use someone elses samples then state their "clean "
Banned reason: Ex sex worker with zero useful contribution to make
Banned by: Head1

Offline dubs

Well you should never take anyone's word for it anyway.  This is to make sure that you a STI-free yourself, not to try and convince a WG to do bareback.

Offline rg41

That is my thoughts making the self testing kits worthless.

Offline PeachyAssFan

The purpose of these kits is not to service or encourage the bareback community, but help those who want to take personal responsibility for their own health and that of others and provideva level of ersonal peace of mind.

Offline licky

It was time for my 6 monthly check up. I looked on Gloucester hospitals website. I discovered they have now stopped doing walk in clinics, because of very long waits to be seen. You have to phone in now for an appointment but if you have symptoms you go through telephone triage with a nurse, and presumably get a quicker appointment if youre oozing green stuff

For the "worried well" like myself just wanting a check up, you can order one of these self testing kits on the website. Either urine test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, or blood for hiv and syphilis, or both.
I think its only for "GL" postcodes from Gloucester Royal hospital

It arrived within a day, but ive not opened it yet !!! Weeing is gonna be easy, but I don't do blood  :scare: 

vw

The purpose of these kits is not to service or encourage the bareback community, but help those who want to take personal responsibility for their own health and that of others and provideva level of ersonal peace of mind.

+1  I get tested for me.

Offline licky

For the "worried well" like myself just wanting a check up, you can order one of these self testing kits on the website. Either urine test for chlamydia and gonorrhoea, or blood for hiv and syphilis, or both.
I think its only for "GL" postcodes from Gloucester Royal hospital

It arrived within a day, but ive not opened it yet !!! Weeing is gonna be easy, but I don't do blood  :scare:

So I opened the kit.
Weeing into a cup was a piece of piss, but the blood bit looked daunting, so I didn't bother, you had 3 disposable sharps to stab fingers with and you needed to fill a giant test tube to the line- A whole finger full. So I didn't bother, maybe another day, I only had the bloods done 6 months ago. Posted it back without the blood.
Got an automated text back the very next morning. "Unable to test sample, please reorder another kit".
Well im sure I fastened the lid on the tube, what could be wrong?
Then the penny dropped !!  Id put the wee into the tiny test tube and ignored the big tube as being too large to fill with a gallon of blood. They werent labelled.
Some mothers do ave em !!
So, when you do it- piss into the big test tube...........

Offline dubs

Weeing into a cup was a piece of piss,.

:lol:  not as it turned out.  Ta for the info.