Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: STD's on the rise in the UK  (Read 1216 times)

Offline RadioKid

External Link/Members Only

Cases of sexually transmitted infections are increasing in England.

In 2018, there were 447,694 new diagnoses of STIs, a 5% increase on the 422,147 in 2017.

Gonorrhoea increased the most - by 26% to 56,259 cases, the largest number since 1978.

There were 7,541 cases of syphilis - a 5% increase on 2017.

High-risk groups include young people and men who have sex with men.

Been alot of news in recent years over the rise of STD's, which rightfully corresponds with the hatred of all things Bareback.

The news however seems to betting worse and worse.

What are your thoughts? It seems that all attempts to educate people and get things in control doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider

Been alot of news in recent years over the rise of STD's, which rightfully corresponds with the hatred of all things Bareback.

What are your thoughts? It seems that all attempts to educate people and get things in control doesn't seem to be having any effect.

Without further information it's difficult to draw any conclusion, for example how much has the sexually active population changed, are more people accessing testing, what is the average variation year to year?All I know is I carry on applying the same rules and precautions  based on not knowing what anyone else does or doesn't do for themselves.

Offline bobby1973

i got a postal test this year
fist time every been tested, 40 years of punting
im clean  :thumbsup:
how many other people have done the postal test
that has never been tested before
it makes sense that it's gone up

Offline winkywanky

Yes, in particular gonorrhoea has risen by 26%, and resistant strains are increasing.

I think a lot of this has to do with AIDS becoming much less of a worry than it used to be. The perception is that if you're unlucky enough to contract HIV, these days it needn't kill you. Whilst that's true, there's plenty of other nasty stuff that can get you, and some of it can be like shit on a blanket...tricky to get rid of  :vomit:.

Offline winkywanky

Without further information it's difficult to draw any conclusion, for example how much has the sexually active population changed, are more people accessing testing, what is the average variation year to year?All I know is I carry on applying the same rules and precautions  based on not knowing what anyone else does or doesn't do for themselves.

In a way, that's immaterial. If you contract gonorrhoea then unless you're completely mental you WILL end up entering the NHS system to treat it, hopefully sooner rather than later. The fact that it's gone up 26% is an absolute measure of its increase, not affected by the number of 'people accessing testing'. I think it is possible to be a 'carrier' for some time before symptoms reveal themselves, but AFAIK the carrier will always end up with symptoms?

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider

In a way, that's immaterial. If you contract gonorrhoea then unless you're completely mental you WILL end up entering the NHS system to treat it, hopefully sooner rather than later. The fact that it's gone up 26% is an absolute measure of its increase, not affected by the number of 'people accessing testing'. I think it is possible to be a 'carrier' for some time before symptoms reveal themselves, but AFAIK the carrier will always end up with symptoms?

Chlamydia can be very silent for some people, which wasn't the case for me when I caught it 26 years ago - I was almost immediately in pain most noticeably during intercourse. Absolute agony however I know of a woman who was completely oblivious until it was picked up for other medical reasons.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 02:45:10 pm by Strawberry »

Offline winkywanky

Yes, and when men have chlamydia they can be unaware, with no symptoms.

More serious for women, and can bring on infertility if not treated.

Offline Doc Holliday

Without further information it's difficult to draw any conclusion ...

Just click on the link in the article. External Link/Members Only

The good news is the effect of the HPV vaccine which is going to be potentially massive with cervical cancers in years to come.

The bad news is the continuing irresponsibility of under 25s who are most prone to chlamydia.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:06:28 pm by Doc Holliday »

Offline WASA38

The full statistical information is here:

External Link/Members Only.

A sobering read.Of most interest to me and, I guess, numerous others here :

'In people over 65, gonorrhoea increased by 42%'  (from 2017 to 2018)

Offline winkywanky

Blimey!

Offline Doc Holliday

The full statistical information is here:

External Link/Members Only.

A sobering read.Of most interest to me and, I guess, numerous others here :

Yes but in terms of total numbers there were only 336 (up from 236) out of 56,000 so not large numbers. Most cases are under 35s and the increase in gonorrhoea year on year is greatest amongst male on male sex.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:13:26 pm by Doc Holliday »

Offline freeze44

If been on civvy street recently, then might get and explain the rise? Been shocked at the reckless attitudes to STI's and peps happy to go bareback have.

I know when was younger, didn't think to much about protection and maybe all ages now, without the level of knowledge both punters and SP's have, just dont really worry about it  :unknown:

Offline Jonestown

i got a postal test this year
fist time every been tested, 40 years of punting
im clean  :thumbsup:
how many other people have done the postal test
that has never been tested before
it makes sense that it's gone up

One piece of good news is that the number of people being tested year on year has gone up by 7%.

Interesting that new STI’s among women who have sex with women has gone up from 571 to 661, have wonder how these infections are actually transmitted.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 03:34:09 pm by Jonestown »

Offline winkywanky

Sharing sex toys, mainly I think.

Plus oral/genital contact.

Offline Jonestown

Hetrosexual male increase in year 1% (737)
Hetrosexual female increase 2% (3,042)
Gay male increase 17% (9,474)
Gay female increase 16% (90)

Presumably that only reflects those that declared their sexuality.

Offline cambsguy

WTF has bareback got to do with it, you can catch STIs through oral sex and last time i looked OWO is a very common thing on here and not looked down upon. HIV, yes, pretty much only passed on through BB sex but to blame BB for the rest is ignorance. BB could disappear and you would still get STIs
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:36:55 pm by cambsguy »

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
WTF has bareback got to do with it, you can catch STIs through oral sex and last time i looked OWO is a very common thing on here and not looked down upon. HIV, yes, pretty much only passed on through BB sex but to blame BB for the rest is ignorance. BB could disappear and you would still get STIs

It's all relevant to the level of risk. The highest risk by far is unprotected intercourse, oral sex carries a lower risk and the risk is reduced even further if you are the one receiving. Hence OWO being classed as a low enough risk to be acceptable.

As with anything in this game, decide what risks you are prepared to take and act accordingly.

Offline jawill

Figures are probably even higher than this if you take into account the private test centres.  I believe these figures are just NHS.

Offline scutty brown

the local field workers tell me that chlamydia is a serious problem in the UK student population, they are a major target for home testing kits

Offline Doc Holliday

Condoms will offer little protection from Herpes and HPV and limited protection from Syphilis. However they offer very high protection against HIV, Hepatitis gonorrhoea and chlamydia with penetrative sex the primary route of transmission. Unprotected oral is much lower risk in comparison but yes it is a risk.

However there is also a secondary effect in that theoretically if you could persuade everyone to use a condom for penetrative sex, you would massively reduce the total size of the 'active infection pool' thus lessening your overall chance of exposure and meaning the lower transmission routes such as OWO become even less of a risk.

Of course that clearly isn't going to happen unless perhaps another HIV type scenario comes along which proves highly contagious, deadly and with no treatment/cure.

Offline mradventures

condoms should offer really good protection of your piss pipe and thinner skin area's if you have a foreskin, so you got a risk reduction on that, even if your partner has whatever and your groin gets soaked.