Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Syphilis At Record Levels  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Strawberry

• Service Provider

Offline millbush

Well the demograph of all stats practically rules me out by default.
Banned reason: Troll.
Banned by: daviemac

Offline Jonestown

BBC:

"Research also found that the people most affected by STIs were gay men, who accounted for 75% of all syphilis and nearly 50% of gonorrhoea diagnoses in England." - For gay read, men who have sex with men, something for our TS fans to reflect on, perhaps.

What surprised me was that twice as many women as men were found to have herpes, what is going on there ?

Offline Gordon Bennett

Research and stats compiled by two charities that are seeking funding to provide sexual health services. They're not gonna come up with a report showing an improving picture are they?

Offline hockogrockle

Frankly, I think the rise in cases of gonorrhoea is much more concerning. They are increasing at a much faster rate than syphilis cases, and the starting figure was much higher. Not only that, but gonorrhoea is more widespread in the heterosexual community, and is becoming very difficult to treat.

Offline Doc Holliday

Research and stats compiled by two charities that are seeking funding to provide sexual health services. They're not gonna come up with a report showing an improving picture are they?

The stats come from Public Health England not the Charities External Link/Members Only

Offline Doc Holliday

What surprised me was that twice as many women as men were found to have herpes, what is going on there ?

It's just the way it is. One theory is that the male to female transmission pathway (during penetrative sex) is more efficient that female to male? it's just a theory though and nobody knows for certain and there may well be another reason?