Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Heads up - Bristol Clean Air Zone (CAZ)  (Read 1846 times)

Offline JasonMason

For those of you who punt in Bristol, they are introducing a CAZ to cover the central area at the end of November.
Worth remembering if your car doesn't meet the requirements as its a £9:00 charge which of course will lead to a paper trail.
You can check here:
External Link/Members Only

Cheers, JM

Offline houseboot

The charge will affect very few private individuals:-

"As a guide, charges will NOT apply to:

Euro 4, 5 and 6 petrol vehicles, roughly 2006 upwards

Euro 6 diesel vehicles, roughly end of 2015 onwards

fully electric vehicles and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles

modified or retrofitted vehicles registered with the Energy Saving Trust’s Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme (CVRAS) 

motorbikes"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 11:03:20 am by houseboot »

Offline Lewis

Just buy a burner car to go with your burner phone.

Offline southcoastpunter

The charge will affect very few private individuals:-

"As a guide, charges will NOT apply to:

Euro 6 diesel vehicles, roughly end of 2015 onwards

there are still a fair number of +6 year old diesels on the road !

Offline METEOR

there are still a fair number of +6 year old diesels on the road !
Loads! Plus including the portway and bridge valley road etc means lots of people will get caught out unless you do a uturn. Blatant money maker

Offline MonkeyMarco

Offline martin1964

Just a word of caution gents, I saw a SP in Bristol middle of October and took wifeys car. Had a letter this week addressed to her, fortunately I managed to intercept the postman, the way her name was written it looked a bit "DLVAish" as all of her middle names were used. Looked on the back of the envelope and it was from Bristol City Council.

Hid it and opened it later when she wasn't around. In summary letter from Bristol City Council saying that a vehicle registered to her was in the CAZ in the last 4 weeks and that if it goes into the same area after 28th November 2022 then a fee /fine is payable. It made it clear that this wasn't a fine or a demand for payment of any sort but a reminder to the driver that if they are driving in that area after 28th November they would need to pay the CAZ fee.

Just be aware if you've used wifeys car in the CAZ since beginning of October you're (or she will) likely to get one of these letters any day soon.

Offline houseboot

Just a word of caution gents, I saw a SP in Bristol middle of October and took wifeys car. Had a letter this week addressed to her, fortunately I managed to intercept the postman, the way her name was written it looked a bit "DLVAish" as all of her middle names were used. Looked on the back of the envelope and it was from Bristol City Council.

Hid it and opened it later when she wasn't around. In summary letter from Bristol City Council saying that a vehicle registered to her was in the CAZ in the last 4 weeks and that if it goes into the same area after 28th November 2022 then a fee /fine is payable. It made it clear that this wasn't a fine or a demand for payment of any sort but a reminder to the driver that if they are driving in that area after 28th November they would need to pay the CAZ fee.

Just be aware if you've used wifeys car in the CAZ since beginning of October you're (or she will) likely to get one of these letters any day soon.

Has her car got Satnav?

Perhaps she's already knows where you've been.

Offline dickthin

I checked my car and it doesn't pass. 2014 diesel. Best to check yours now lads.

Offline martin1964

Has her car got Satnav?

Perhaps she's already knows where you've been.

No it's an old car so no sat nav built in, I rarely officially (in her eyes) go to Bristol so I would have got a grilling! Bristol City Council trying to be "helpful"!!!!

Offline bristolnick

Might have to park near Old Market and walk in from now on.

Offline houseboot

95,000 Advisory letters were sent out in a 3 week period.

However, apparently the cameras weren't calibrated properly so "Y" was mis-read.

A van driver in Liverpool received a letter, had never been to Bristol so spent a long time going through the, "Has my car been cloned?", procedure only to be later told about the error.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 06:43:45 pm by houseboot »