Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: How to hide a punting phone?  (Read 2904 times)

Offline LanceVance

Hello fellow punters,

I need to ask you for some advice.

As only a very occasional punter (every few months), I never felt the need for a punting phone. However, I had a very close call this morning and after changing my trousers, decided that such an investment is not such a bad idea after all.  :bomb:

What I want to know is, where would be a good place to keep my punting phone? I already have a work phone and Mrs Vance may get a little suspicious (again) if she sees another phone lying around somewhere.

I'm not asking for where you hide yours, I don't want you to reveal anything about yourself, but just getting some idea of the kind of place a woman wouldn't stick her nose in and somewhere I wouldn't forget about either would be great.

Offline paul_davis

Garage?
Loft?
Spare wheel well of car?

Offline bigjim

spair wheel sounds good to me or as others on here have said get another Sim easier to hide

Bjim

cockneybstrd

You don't need a phone just a sim which you can keep in one of the credit card sections of your wallet or some where safe.

I am single so it doesn't really affect me.

yorkshire123

I keep mine in one of the numerous little storage compartments found in modern cars.
Mrs Y never drives my car so it is quite safe.

Offline Convince Me

Your desk draw at work for when you don't need it between punts. For a short period how about the inside of pocket of a suit?

Offline CBPaul

If you've had a close call and the Mrs is suspicious I wouldn't do anything yet - quite literally - if you only punt occasionally that will be easier. They tend to remain suspicious and on the look out for a while. Getting a punting phone is a great idea but perhaps get one next time you punt. 20 quid all in for phone and credit, paid cash in Tesco without using your clubcard is all it takes.

That said, my punting phone is a crappy old Nokia, an old one I used as my main phone years ago. I don't like the idea of swapping sims in case anything gets transferred across - don't know if it could happen so not willing to take the risk. If I did fuck up and it got discovered by Mrs CBP then I would just say I keep it as a spare. 

I keep my punting phone locked away at work and delete all traces of punting contacts from texts and call logs as soon as the punt has been done.

James999

the kind of place a woman wouldn't stick her nose in and somewhere I wouldn't forget about

Up your Arse  :hi:

Salt

Do you have an old phone?

Bet loads of us have phones tucked away after the latest upgrade; then you can just leave it in your desk.......

Offline nigel4498

I hide mine in a little space under the boiler which needs a screwdriver to access, last place a woman would look but if ever found would claim the service engineer must have left there.

Offline ForrestGump

In one of those cubby holes in your motor. Then you can always claim that you found it on the ground in a car park and had been meaning to drop it off at the police station if it is ever discovered by your oh.

Davehorn

I just have another SIM and keep it in drawer at work.

Offline socks

I keep mine inside suit pockets as someone else suggested but I also invest in another line of defence, the reason for having it. I have a work phone but no personal one so it makes my excuse work - I take a radio to the football to keep up with other results, listen to phone ins afterwards etc. Having a phone with a radio on is as cheap as buying a pocket radio and smaller. I use it openly in this way and by use of a pin to turn it on, feel pretty convincing and safe.

Rochdull lad

If you've had a close call and the Mrs is suspicious I wouldn't do anything yet - quite literally - if you only punt occasionally that will be easier. They tend to remain suspicious and on the look out for a while. Getting a punting phone is a great idea but perhaps get one next time you punt. 20 quid all in for phone and credit, paid cash in Tesco without using your clubcard is all it takes.

That said, my punting phone is a crappy old Nokia, an old one I used as my main phone years ago. I don't like the idea of swapping sims in case anything gets transferred across - don't know if it could happen so not willing to take the risk. If I did fuck up and it got discovered by Mrs CBP then I would just say I keep it as a spare. 

I keep my punting phone locked away at work and delete all traces of punting contacts from texts and call logs as soon as the punt has been done.

Be very careful; women have elephantine memories, Lance.  Just when you think it's been forgotten, something [and it may have nothing directly to do with punting] will occur to trigger off your close shave in Mrs V's memory.

Up your Arse  :hi:

Even though it's only Monday, surely "One-liner of the week"! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline gonewest

I keep mine in one of the numerous little storage compartments found in modern cars.
Mrs Y never drives my car so it is quite safe.

+1

Could safely balance mine on my clutch pedal, wife would never find it  :dash:

valleypunter

Difficult one that. Women have a habit of finding things when you don't want them too.
I have used inside pocket of a suit and in the car boot tucked in the side where I keep a small oil container and other bits.
If you can leave in work I would say that's a perfect place

jcdmj12

Maybe a good idea to move this thread somewhere less visible? Otherwise it may as well be titled - "women of mumsnet - here's where to check for your OH's punting phone"    :manhater:

jcdmj12

Your desk draw at work for when you don't need it between punts. For a short period how about the inside of pocket of a suit?

Suit is a Very Bad Idea.   You only have to forget and leave it there, then she's looking for something else / decides to do a dry-cleaning run and you're dead.  There is also no legit reason to have a phone in your suit pocket.

Offline LanceVance

Maybe a good idea to move this thread somewhere less visible? Otherwise it may as well be titled - "women of mumsnet - here's where to check for your OH's punting phone"    :manhater:

Good Shout, is it something only admin can do?

SeekingtheTruth

I use a separate SIM and this just sits in my desk draw at work when not being used. My drawer is full of crap and is unlikely to be noticed.

Online webpunter

Even though it's only Monday, surely "One-liner of the week"! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
+1, must be in the running for April too as we are nearing month end .  Thread of the month me think - Cunts by SirF

Offline sharpshoes78

in a box of old phones and wirea

galinsoga

Just my 2-pennyworth

Where is the best place for a person to hide? Answer - in a crowd. Never on your own with attempted secrecy. 

On the same basis - DO NOT HIDE THE PHONE

If you hide it then ONE DAY - it WILL be found and then you have real problems. The more hidden it is - the greater will be the inquisition!

Have an "older phone" (and in-car charger) openly on display in your car eg in glove box.

When asked why?  "So that you/I have a backup if our own phones have flat batteries/  no credit etc."  Very plausible.  If she has her own car as well - then get HER just such a phone for the same reason.

I have one in my car and one in the Mrs car

THAT openly displayed phone can have a normal SIM and a SIM memory (not phone memory) containing regular friends/ family contacts

YOU have the other SIM with any special numbers again on the SIM memory.  Older phones do not have smart-arse systems that autoback-up SIM memory to phone memory.  Those sorts of phones can often be had for £10 max from the market shops because they only do calls and limited display texts so they have little value.

Your only needs are to make sure that after use you clear the call / text memory and remove the SIM

Gali

Festisio

Buying a spare phone for punting is a bad idea and is more likely to get you busted.  One extra thing to worry about.

You're safer getting a dual SIM phone or using one of those stealth apps (requires a non-luddite phone) e.g External Link/Members Only that let you send msgs and make calls without it being logged on your phone.

abdul

Hello fellow punters,

I need to ask you for some advice.

As only a very occasional punter (every few months), I never felt the need for a punting phone. However, I had a very close call this morning and after changing my trousers, decided that such an investment is not such a bad idea after all.  :bomb:

What I want to know is, where would be a good place to keep my punting phone? I already have a work phone and Mrs Vance may get a little suspicious (again) if she sees another phone lying around somewhere.

I'm not asking for where you hide yours, I don't want you to reveal anything about yourself, but just getting some idea of the kind of place a woman wouldn't stick her nose in and somewhere I wouldn't forget about either would be great.

Use this type of wrist phone but don't tell your Mrs. it works as a phone :hi:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Online webpunter

Use this type of wrist phone but don't tell your Mrs. it works as a phone :hi:

Hidden Image/Members Only

Perfick for Wrist Job me thinks !

Offline Stiltskin

Do you have an old phone?

Bet loads of us have phones tucked away after the latest upgrade; then you can just leave it in your desk.......

Exactly. The good thing about using an old phone is you don't have to hide it. Just remember to do a hard reset and return it to where it came from after you use it.

whiterussian

hide it under the hoover, she'll never find it there :D

Glader

Cpw sell a phone for 99p if you buy £20 top up.

Fake the registration details and pay cash

Dump phone after use.

Offline Jerboa

Hide It In your pants, your Mrs will never find It there.  :D