Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: New Registrations are currently closed  (Read 14986 times)

Offline Natwest

He's gone.
He used to be actively posting/reading 8 hours a day ( at least!) so I guess that he found a better usage of his time.

I was looking back through "James999" posts last night to remind myself of the full horror and left it open on my screen overnight. When I checked in this morning, I noticed his status had changed to "Guest", not quite sure what that means?

Offline Home Alone

He's gone.
He used to be actively posting/reading 8 hours a day ( at least!) so I guess that he found a better usage of his time.

Actually, I kind-of miss the old curmudgeon!

Offline 90125

• Forum Admin
  • Reviews: 0

Offline tynetunnel

I’m not certain that’ll be a universal opinion HA  :unknown:

Offline Natwest

I tend to agree with your comment, all those posts and still no explanation of the lack of reviews. I guess now we will never know?

Offline RogerBoner

I tend to agree with your comment, all those posts and still no explanation of the lack of reviews. I guess now we will never know?
I once read that he had been allowed to post his reviews using a separate profile.  :unknown:

Offline Malvolio

That was rumoured but never proven.

Offline Home Alone

I was fairly certain, even as I was typing, that it wouldn't be, tt.

I'm not saying by any means that I liked all of his posts but there were some which made me grin. Occasionally.

Offline Natwest

I once read that he had been allowed to post his reviews using a separate profile.  :unknown:

I could never understand the logic of that, what difference would it have made and if it was true why keep it quiet? He seemed invincible, however objectionable he was to other members and the fact he contributed no reviews he seemed untouchable.

Offline tynetunnel

I could never understand the logic of that, what difference would it have made and if it was true why keep it quiet? He seemed invincible, however objectionable he was to other members and the fact he contributed no reviews he seemed untouchable.

Which all implies to me that there was more to that member than met the eye. Who knows, maybe it was an alter-ego of old admin, a profile he used to have a bit of fun/to stir people up? I doubt we will ever know but that James999 survived as long as he did tells us a lot, even if we don’t understand what that is  :hi:

Offline tesla

Which all implies to me that there was more to that member than met the eye. Who knows, maybe it was an alter-ego of old admin, a profile he used to have a bit of fun/to stir people up? I doubt we will ever know but that James999 survived as long as he did tells us a lot, even if we don’t understand what that is  :hi:

he was outed as admin on another site , but no real evidence produced to back up the claim...

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
It's a good job OldAdmin isn't here now, a few years ago he banned one longstanding member, (who he intended making a mod), for a similar accusation.

Offline tynetunnel

It's a good job OldAdmin isn't here now, a few years ago he banned one longstanding member, (who he intended making a mod), for a similar accusation.

I didn’t make an accusation DM  :unknown:

accusation[ ak-yoo-zey-shuh n ]
noun
a charge of wrongdoing; imputation of guilt or blame.
the specific offense charged:
The accusation is murder.
the act of accusing or state of being accused.

Offline finn5555

Don’t loose sight of the fact he he had a good nose for outing wronguns which contributed to making UKP a good site. Many have tried to derail this forum and failed  :hi:

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
I didn’t make an accusation DM  :unknown:

accusation[ ak-yoo-zey-shuh n ]
noun
a charge of wrongdoing; imputation of guilt or blame.
the specific offense charged:
The accusation is murder.
the act of accusing or state of being accused.

The bloke he banned just said he thought it was a possibility and that was enough for OldAdmin to take it as an accusation and ban him. He didn't come out and directly state he thought they were one and the same but OldAdmin used the word 'accusation' in a less than literal sense, as in if something is implied it can be construed as an accusation.

Offline Steve2

Don’t loose sight of the fact he he had a good nose for outing wronguns which contributed to making UKP a good site. Many have tried to derail this forum and failed  :hi:

Not often that I agree with you but you are 100% right about James999. He WAS a punter but just chose not to review

Online dubs

I never saw that, he just used to harass and provoke everyone until some broke the rules in retaliation.

Offline AnthG

So do I. I never understood why a few people didn't like him. If he was a troll, then he was the best possible troll to ever have. As he always made my laugh out loud with his humour. Very few people achieve that. But James always could. He was also always right on the money with his punting advice/tips. I always had him down as the guy to listen to if people were disagreeing on what to do in a particular scenario

In terms of the lack of reviews, what people may not know is this forum was setup by a core group of known respected punters who were all active on P---net and came over here together to build up this place from scratch.  James was known, and respected punter on there and had been around there for many years. He used a different username on there to here though.

This is why people liked him here even though on the face of it, he didn't review. As he was known and respected from elsewhere.

I also believe oldAdmin allowed him to review under another name (the ACP historical IP logins can confirm that fact too if needed).

Like I said on another topic, we actually once had a poll to see whether he should be banned or not. The only time a poll like this was used. He survived by flying colours as everyone liked him.

That was rumoured but never proven.

A rumour that was started by OldAdmin himself if I recall. You could kind of take that as more than a rumour if so.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 03:39:01 pm by AnthG »
Banned reason: To much drama, account closed
Banned by: Iloveoral

Offline scutty brown

There wasn't just one, there were several at different times

Offline tynetunnel

A rumour that was started by OldAdmin himself if I recall. You could kind of take that as more than a rumour if so.

It’s all water under the bridge, but the reality remains unclear. Perhaps that’s where it is best left

Offline Malvolio

OldAdmin didn't mince his words, and I don't recall him ever saying that anyone was allowed to review under a different login.  Kind of makes sense, as reviews are only worthwhile if you get a sense of what the reviewer is about.

Absolutely no way were James999 and OldAdmin the same person - you could tell from OldAdmin's posts that he didn't have English as a first language, and James clearly did.

Offline RedKettle

OldAdmin didn't mince his words, and I don't recall him ever saying that anyone was allowed to review under a different login.  Kind of makes sense, as reviews are only worthwhile if you get a sense of what the reviewer is about.

Absolutely no way were James999 and OldAdmin the same person - you could tell from OldAdmin's posts that he didn't have English as a first language, and James clearly did.

He did say it was allowed so long as you had his permission. I know of another member who did the same thing for a security related reason.

Offline Steve2

Not sure about that.  :hi:

Offline scutty brown

I thought the same, the use of language made me think he was English-speaking Asian, maybe from Hong Kong or Singapore

Offline Silva21

James999 had fallen for an sp and was posting about her on the other site. (Sorry, I forget the terminology from here).
She had it out with him in public and he agreed he'd done it and closed his account on there.
she was fairly upset and annoyed about the whole thing.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 01:18:53 pm by Silva21 »

Offline winkywanky

James999 had fallen for an sp and was posting about her on the other site. (Sorry, I forget the terminology from here).
She had it out with him in public and he agreed he'd done it and closed his account on there.

WTF?

More details please!

Offline catweazle

Back on the original topic of this thread, although the banner says that new registrations will be reopened shortly, is "johnsmith12345" a test registration as he seems to have joined last month but not posted anything?

Offline mh

Dubious. Even if he had (and I find it very unlikely), him posting about it would be so far out of character as to make me think it was an imposter.

Offline Horizontal pleasures

I shall never miss him, rude B*st*rd

Offline The sperminator

Not often that I agree with you but you are 100% right about James999. He WAS a punter but just chose not to review
I seem to recall that the moment someone questioned his lack of reviews, everyone came running to his defense

Offline Fuzzyduck

I seem to recall that the moment someone questioned his lack of reviews, everyone came running to his defense

I'm not sure why; he could look after himself. Quite frankly it was a newbie play to question his review count anyway. Whilst he did add value from a punting perspective, half the time he went around winding people up, mostly I think because he was bored.

Offline mh

I'm not sure why; he could look after himself. Quite frankly it was a newbie play to question his review count anyway. Whilst he did add value from a punting perspective, half the time he went around winding people up, mostly I think because he was bored.

I suspect he did reviews under another name, Old Admin allowed that for some members where they made a case to him for it.

Offline Blackpool Rock

His lack of reviews were often mentioned, I don't recall everyone running to his defence for that however there was a thread which pitched him against JRC and more people were prepared to back him than the cabbie

Offline Steve2

His lack of reviews were often mentioned, I don't recall everyone running to his defence for that however there was a thread which pitched him against JRC and more people were prepared to back him than the cabbie

Now that is a surprise  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline smiths

Yes I can confirm James was indeed a punter though I have no idea if he did reviews on here using another nick, which is something old admin posted he would allow depending on the circumstances obviously of the punter.

Offline smiths

Now that is a surprise  :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's what happens when a by then armchair "punter" talks prices up on here like redcab did and brand ALL WGs who charged under £100 an hour as skanks, even though he did a positive review on a WG who charged him £80 an hour. :rolleyes: You couldn't make it up. And as we know there are some good or better WGs about who charge under £100 an hour, I have punted with loads over the years as you have, and punted with 1 very recently. Yes most WGs charge more than £100 an hour nowadays but its not what they charge that makes them a good or bad WG, its their attitude that dictates that.

I had a good chuckle the other day on the now locked off/topic thread as redcab for the first time for years quoted and directly replied to a post of mine, I must be off his ignore list. :lol: I didn't reply, I much prefer to be on it if he is going to post on here but that's up to him of course. :lol:

Offline smiths

Absolutely right, :thumbsup: in a time of daily sustained onslaughts by the dusty phone brigade, pimps and other assorted low lifes he among others was here swatting them away which allowed UKP to thrive and grow massively in the early years. James was crucial in those early years in my view, his dealing with them priceless to UKPs future.

Offline RogerBoner

I was disappointed that Vivago got himself banned for promoting his own little website. His punting abroad exploits were excellent and prolific. And he posted plenty of photos of the hundreds of girls (mainly) in playful poses. He inspired me to go for it enthusiastically in Pattaya and Phuket.  :cry:

Online stampjones

I was disappointed that Vivago got himself banned for promoting his own little website. His punting abroad exploits were excellent and prolific. And he posted plenty of photos of the hundreds of girls (mainly) in playful poses. He inspired me to go for it enthusiastically in Pattaya and Phuket.  :cry:
Ah, I was just wondering the other day what happened to him (though not enough to actually look)! I also enjoyed his threads

Offline Fuzzyduck

Ah, I was just wondering the other day what happened to him (though not enough to actually look)! I also enjoyed his threads

Yes he was a significant contributor and entertaining. It's a shame he got brazen and pushed the boundary too far after being warned to reel it in, to the point that Head1 (I think) had little choice but to eject him. I'm sure his subscription based website is a roaring commercial success.

Offline Silva21

Dubious. Even if he had (and I find it very unlikely), him posting about it would be so far out of character as to make me think it was an imposter.

He definitly did it. He admitted it and posted a big apology which the SP didnt accept it and they had a public bashing, he then closed his account.
It was around Nov last year.

Im not sure I should reveal his name from there tbh but its 100% him and he absolutely did stalk a very popular SP.

Online daviemac

• Board Moderator
Im not sure I should reveal his name from there tbh but its 100% him and he absolutely did stalk a very popular SP.
Outing the name people use on other forums / sites is a cunts trick. You can't know for sure it was him who posted it.

Offline Davey Dykes

Is there any news on when things are likely to be opened up again?