Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Not able to review  (Read 872 times)

Offline John Alan

For some reason i am un able to post a review

Offline GingerNuts

Offline John Alan

What do you mean ? i have not broken any rules to my knowledge and your response isn't really productive

Offline Al R

I didn’t know there was a problem until earlier. Try the new review button in the regional section.

Offline GingerNuts

What do you mean ? i have not broken any rules to my knowledge and your response isn't really productive

The question has been asked many times and there's a thread about it at the top of the page.

Hidden Image/Members Only
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:58:21 pm by GingerNuts »

Offline John Alan

im on mobile im not getting the pinned section could have said that the first time round like but ay well people are strange ;)  :thumbsup:

Offline GingerNuts

im on mobile im not getting the pinned section could have said that the first time round like but ay well people are strange ;)  :thumbsup:

Consider yourself lucky. Someone else asked the same question earlier and the replies were a lot less polite.

And I can always see the pinned threads on my mobile.

Offline Al R

I initially thought it was just that new accounts couldn’t post reviews but then spotted the pinned thread

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
  • Reviews: 24
Lucky I didn’t see this earlier  :cool:

Offline Moby Dick

The question has been asked many times and there's a thread about it at the top of the page.

Hidden Image/Members Only
Is that pinned malarkey a new feature then?

Offline GingerNuts

I doubt it.

The pinned threads may change over time, or at times there may be none.

Those currently pinned have been there for a while.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

Genuine question, does the search function not work on mobile??? 

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator

It’s been for a few months now.. but it’s surprising how few people notice it.
Which is why I don’t have a go at people who ask in regional threads

Offline Moby Dick

I do all my shit on a mobile

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator

Of course it does. I have both an Android and iPhone and they both work..

Maybe the Op has a Nokia 1011..

Offline Moby Dick

3310 best punting phone by far

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
3310 best punting phone by far

To be honest that was my first phone..  :drinks:

Offline Moby Dick

To be honest that was my first phone..  :drinks:
I had a couple of bricks before that one. The 3310 was comfortable enough for the trouser pocket.

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

Cheers, just thought I'd better check before calling people numpties / idiots or anything else for not putting 'can't post review' in the search box and getting this as answer #1-  https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=252761.msg2579538#msg2579538 which seems to answer the question, though you do have to actually read the thread so that might be beyond some .

Had one today post on the 'Problem with posting a review' stickie that he couldn't post a review,    :wacko:

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
Cheers, just thought I'd better check before calling people numpties / idiots or anything else for not putting 'can't post review' in the search box and getting this as answer #1-  https://www.ukpunting.com/index.php?topic=252761.msg2579538#msg2579538 which seems to answer the question, though you do have to actually read the thread so that might be beyond some .

Had one today post on the 'Problem with posting a review' stickie that he couldn't post a review,    :wacko:

I know I was overly polite to him, most unusual for me..

I don’t envy you all this, I would just be banning people for being stupid...

I will miss it, but sure the site is safe in all your hands, just want to say your doing a fantastic job  :hi:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:45:16 pm by Kev40ish »

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator
I know I was overly polite to him, most unusual for me..

Yeah me as well, don't know what came over me.   :sarcastic: :sarcastic:

JamesFD

Nobody reads pinned threads, they just form part of the shite at the top of the page you need to scroll past to get to the posts (like the stupid list of names of who is reading the sub forum).

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
Nobody reads pinned threads, they just form part of the shite at the top of the page you need to scroll past to get to the posts (like the stupid list of names of who is reading the sub forum).

Well maybe they fucking should..why does everyone think they should be spoon fed..fucking lazy that’s all it is..

Offline LLPunting

WRONG!
They are pinned for a reason!  ALL forum members should pay attention to what they're about because Management want you to take note.

By the bye, the stupid list of names indicates who's been active in the last 30 mins so you could PM them in the hope of a quick response, say before you try and book/punt an SP they've talked about.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:51:50 am by LLPunting »

Offline jeanphillipe

I do all MY shit in a toilet. Badum tsss :yahoo:

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

If you don't like it log off and don't log back on.

Offline LLPunting

I do all MY shit in a toilet. Badum tsss :yahoo:

Doesn't that make all your weed, dope, crystal and tabs soggy? 

Offline Beamer

Oh dear.........
Does it mean that you have to engage brain and keyboard simultaneously?

If it's to much for you go and take a lie down in a dark room       

Offline Happyjose

Factually incorrect and quite provocative as well

So the pinned posts are never read (despite being viewed over 21.5k times between them at time of writing), are in your opinion inconvenient shite, and the recent deliberate change to allow members to see who is viewing a thread is stupid

You packed a lot of disatisfaction with the site into that one post

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 11:18:52 am by Happyjose »

JamesFD

21.5k views spread over four posts is not a large number in the scheme of things.

It's a well known & self evident factor of pinned posts on forums: they form part of the site furniture that the eye skips over when you have used the forum a few times. I very much doubt that board members actively check the pinned posts every time they look at the forum to see if there are any changes.

Anyone who develops user interfaces will know that while users can be idiots if you keep getting the same mistakes made across multiple users then it's time to lay the ego aside & look at why your interface isn't working. We get posters complaining most weeks about the new review issue so it's not an isolated problem. Needless to say it's easier to resort to insults instead of thinking why it's happening.

The names clutter the board layout at the top. Other forums show them at the bottom so they are still available for those that use them (personally I never have). The forum ran perfectly well for years without them.

It's odd that no comments about the forum are allowed without such aggressive responses. Nothing is perfect, everything can be inproved. It's not personal.

Offline Beamer

If you don't like it then you know what to do  :dash:

Offline Foxtail17

21.5k views spread over four posts is not a large number in the scheme of things.

It's a well known & self evident factor of pinned posts on forums: they form part of the site furniture that the eye skips over when you have used the forum a few times. I very much doubt that board members actively check the pinned posts every time they look at the forum to see if there are any changes.

Anyone who develops user interfaces will know that while users can be idiots if you keep getting the same mistakes made across multiple users then it's time to lay the ego aside & look at why your interface isn't working. We get posters complaining most weeks about the new review issue so it's not an isolated problem. Needless to say it's easier to resort to insults instead of thinking why it's happening.

It’s also a well known fact amongst forum members that there have been problems since the new owners took over, something they have been very open about, and asking for help from members who may have the knowledge. They are working on things which is why I for one check pinned posts almost every time I log in, they are pinned for a reason, to attract attention. If you want to skip important info then don’t be surprised when people comment.

The new owners may want to change things in the long term but I think they have enough on their plate without having to babysit people who should know better.

UKP is in a state of change and needs our understanding and support.

Offline Happyjose

The names clutter the board layout at the top. Other forums show them at the bottom so they are still available for those that use them (personally I never have). The forum ran perfectly well for years without them.

It's odd that no comments about the forum are allowed without such aggressive responses. Nothing is perfect, everything can be inproved. It's not personal.

But you said nobody reads pinned posts

when 21.5k is more than the next ten threads combined

So, it's just the evidence that disagrees with you

and your post was still provocative, so why did you make it personal?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:43:29 pm by Happyjose »

Offline Rochelle

• Service Provider

Read your first post again and then maybe you'll be able to grasp people's reactions. You are the one that resorted to insults and basically dissed the Admins and the site, so don't start crying because people responded to your posts accordingly. Maybe if your post was constructive it would have had different responses.
:rolleyes:

Regarding the review issue, many of the people asking are just lazy. The second thread on the general forum is about the review issue and still so many lazy idiots ask the same question. It's literally right in front of people's eyes.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 12:54:34 pm by Rochelle »

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

If you don't want to see those names just say and we'll arrange it so you don't.    :hi:

Online scutty brown

Doesn't that make all your weed, dope, crystal and tabs soggy?

There's a very simple synthetic route to crystal meth which can be done in a bath tub!!! I can remember reading it years ago, but no - I'm not giving anyone any clues

JamesFD

If you don't want to see those names just say and we'll arrange it so you don't.    :hi:
Thank you, if you could do that it would be appreciated. The names disappeared last night (although they are back again this morning) & I found it a significant improvement. 

Offline Kev40ish

• Board Moderator
Thank you, if you could do that it would be appreciated. The names disappeared last night (although they are back again this morning) & I found it a significant improvement.

:unknown: :unknown:

Really!!!!

The only way the names can go away at present is by banning you. I’m sure that’s not what you really want..

Just deal with the current forum issues and don’t make a song and dance about it
 :dash: :dash:

Offline daviemac

• Board Moderator

Your wish is my command.