Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Penalty charge notice whilst on a punt - addressed to the Mrs!  (Read 2546 times)

Offline Stiltskin

I happened to be at home today when the post came through the door. Amongst the other crap there was a letter addressed to the Mrs. I could see it was car related as there was a window in the envelope, so I opened it (I deal with all the car stuff). It was a Penalty Charge Notice for being in a bus lane.

We've got a few cars and this one is registered in her name. I checked the dates and it was me driving that day, somewhere I shouldn't have been, out on a punt!

When I'm punting, somewhere I have no valid reason to be I stick to the speed limits and rules religiously. I had no idea I'd entered a bus lane. I was sat in traffic boxed in by artic trucks when I realised I was in the wrong lane. I'd seen several vehicles pass to my left so moved over to the left only to be cut off by one of the trucks doing the same thing.

As well as a few pictures they even have a little video on their website that shows I had no visibility of the bus lane markings, as the trucks totally obscured my view at all times. I'd entered the bus lane just before it ended.

I've paid the charge, but I'm gutted that I can't risk appealing it! Also the planned punt fell through that day, but on the plus side I am still up £50, having saved £80 on the punt that didn't happen  :rolleyes:. Just another thing to be mindful of when punting, avoid taking a car registered in someone else's name.

Offline Stiltskin

Does anyone know if there are any follow up letters after paying these things?

Robbybobby15

You may get a recipt but not 100% sure

Quesadilla

If you pay straight away there will be no follow up letter - I've had loads of PCN's and fines over the years and they only follow up if you don't pay. 

You sir are a jammy bastard. This time.  :P :hi:

Offline Stiltskin

Yes, fucking lucky I know! I would not have had an 'on the spot' excuse, that's for sure.

Offline Corus Boy

I paid up and it all went away.

Offline threechilliman

All cars in our household are registered to me.

I only ever punt in my car cos nobody else will drive it!

tcm

Online RedKettle

I only punt in places I can justify being!  I am lucky that with my work that is a pretty large area.

johnnyboy61

I had this too, fortunately not too far away from home, so I could cover. 

We have two cars one registered in each of our names, we just take whichever one is most convenient - one large and a bit of a gas guzzler and the other a little diesel which is very frugal. Despite being quite local was new to the area and when running late for a punt due to heavy traffic so decided to go off piste and take a side road letting the sat nav take over.  Unfortunately the said sat nav guided me down a road that was buses only (I hadn't noticed as I was too busy being guided). 

Of course it was the car registered to the OH who opened the envelope and worked out that I was driving, I gave my feeble excuse and when I checked on the council website low and behold four different cameras had snapped me driving down a short 150 yd road and I could be seen clearly at the wheel! Paid up the same day so it didn't drag on in the household.

Offline nigel4498

The very reason I don't use my car to punt, to many things can catch you out.

Offline threechilliman

The very reason I don't use my car to punt, to many things can catch you out.

It would be impossible for me to punt without a car. Or anything else for that matter.

tcm

raylondoner

Simple answer to this - get a punting car and register it elsewhere!

As an added bonus, you can keep your punting phone in it too!  :hi:

Online chris_jp2

Genius idea.  :thumbsup:

Online RedKettle

make it a camper van and you can keep your punting clothes in it and shower before and after punts.

you could also arrange outcalls.

spkmstr48

Genius idea.  :thumbsup:

If a little impractical.

I always work out my excuses and justify where I am going to be beforehand.

:drinks: :diablo: :lol:

Offline Sonny Crockett

That's why I never drive to punts!!!!! Travelling by train is much better...... No problems whatsoever....... LUSH!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

LL

That's why I never drive to punts!!!!! Travelling by train is much better...... No problems whatsoever....... LUSH!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Just don't use Oyster if in London.  You don't want that paper-trail!

Offline MancSean

Funniest post I have read for weeks. Question is would it an overpriced British car or a cheaper eastern European model that is much better VFM

Offline MancSean

Unless you get stuck in a tunnel for 2 hours and that's before you get to the punt not at it

charming_red

Well if I was Crockett, I wouldn't wanna drive my white Ferrari Testarossa to a punt either!  :cool:

Offline allaroundmyhat

I had a minor bump once whilst returning from a punt in an area I had no business being in whilst driving the mother in laws car :scare: luckily the damage was so minor that along with all the other scrapes and dents on her car she never noticed and I managed to sweet talk the other driver into accepting £60 to repair the tiny scratch on his bumper so we wouldnt have to mess about with insurance.....lucky escape! Punt was crap and expensive!

Offline AgedCases

I once worked in a fixed penalty office and often wondered why men would take the blame for any tickets in their OH's name.

Now I fucking know!  :sarcastic:

willbred

I punted in a company car for 20 years, picked up 3 speedings and a bus lane ticket during that time, all in places I should have been. Lucky lad, methinks. Only squeaky bum time was when I got a call from my PA who had had a call from the local bill. Some curtain twitching old biddy had kicked off about my car being parked in the vicinity her house regularly for hours at a time. They weren't in the slightest bit interested and the call was more a heads up than anything. Fortunately the location was near a client's premises but the reason for being there was visiting a hot lady!!!