Sugar Babies
Shemales

Author Topic: Backpage.com taken down by Law Enforcement  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Jake Sins

Guys (and Girls),

I was reading this morning about the FBI closing down Backpage.com in the U.S. and also taking control of it's International classified sections. With Craiglists closing down it's 'Personals' classified section last month and Cityvibe and Night shift closing their online services altogether, how long will it be until the dominoes falling in the U.S. starts the ball rolling here in Blighty? How long until our own Politicians and Law Enforcement start to do the same? I would be surprised if Adultwork, Gumtree and Vivastreet are not already in the do gooders sights. What will be the likely impact?

Jake

Offline Hypee-T

There’s a reason that it is called the worlds oldest profession.....no matter what laws are passed there will always be a way, people got by before the internet was even dreamt of, TOR servers may be the order of the day

Offline Jake Sins

Houseboot,

Thanks for the link. I am still curious as to the possible implications in the UK. I have to confess I have not been active on the punting front in the UK for the last few years for a couple of reasons, but having participated in our hobby on and off for almost 35 years, I would never rule out a return!

Offline no2punter

I don’t think this is a big problem in the UK. Backpage was hardly used here anyway. Prostitution is legal in the UK (for now, at least) but illegal in the US, hence why the US authorities take such a hard line. Due to the illegality it’s also very expensive in the US, dominated by gangster pimps and law enforcement stings. Just not worth doing really.

Offline Beamer

I don’t think this is a big problem in the UK. Backpage was hardly used here anyway.

Agreed - both this and VS are a waste of time.  I only look at reviews on UKP for any information I need